Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

precision posted:

Maybe they'll bring Party Down back? Please?

Maybe if they have an all new cast, because nobody that was on that show is gonna go back to it at this point in their careers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

Maybe if they have an all new cast, because nobody that was on that show is gonna go back to it at this point in their careers.

Really, though, Lizzy Caplan is probably the only one who is too big to do it, and even that's a stretch considering her big important show is also on deep cable.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Irish Joe posted:

Really, though, Lizzy Caplan is probably the only one who is too big to do it, and even that's a stretch considering her big important show is also on deep cable.

I'd say Adam Scott is bigger then Caplan. He's Paul Rudd 10 years ago.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

sbaldrick posted:

I'd say Adam Scott is bigger then Caplan. He's Paul Rudd 10 years ago.

As someone who's never seen a Judd Apatow movie, I don't understand the reference.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

As someone who's never seen a Judd Apatow movie, I don't understand the reference.

Paul Rudd is a famous movie star. Adam Scott's career is at a similar point to where Paul Rudd's was 10 years ago. If he follows a similar trajectory, Adam Scott will be a famous movie star within 10 years.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ariza posted:

So, no? Have they or HBO made any noise about what price they're looking for? How much does a cable company pay them for each subscriber?

Isn't that the RDM romance novel show?

That's a definite no.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Irish Joe posted:

Paul Rudd is the lead in an upcoming Marvel film.

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.
Irish Joe strikes again!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

zoux posted:

Well then there better be shitloads of kung fu.

Naked kung fu.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Got a q for any Transparent fans:

In the episode where Ali goes on a date with the trans guy, she comes back to his house after the talent show and is like "wait, this is your house?" and seems really confused by the whole thing. I figured she was just supposed to be shell-shocked, or am I missing something?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Got a q for any Transparent fans:

In the episode where Ali goes on a date with the trans guy, she comes back to his house after the talent show and is like "wait, this is your house?" and seems really confused by the whole thing. I figured she was just supposed to be shell-shocked, or am I missing something?

The first time she was at his house she was hallucinating/fantasizing that it was some hyper-masculine dwelling: it looked like a hunting lodge with hunting trophies on the wall, leather furniture, dark wood, etc. After the talent show and the awkward attempt at having sex in the bathroom stall when they went back to his house she saw it as it really was--completely generic.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

smg77 posted:

The first time she was at his house she was hallucinating/fantasizing that it was some hyper-masculine dwelling: it looked like a hunting lodge with hunting trophies on the wall, leather furniture, dark wood, etc. After the talent show and the awkward attempt at having sex in the bathroom stall when they went back to his house she saw it as it really was--completely generic.

Ah, cool thanks for the clarification. I completely missed that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

Ah, cool thanks for the clarification. I completely missed that.

She talks about it with Carrie Brownstein's character in the next episode. It was pretty jarring to me. Also was that actor really trans?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

zoux posted:

She talks about it with Carrie Brownstein's character in the next episode. It was pretty jarring to me. Also was that actor really trans?

Apparently so!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3719520/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_i28

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

a bunch of mods got switched around apparently, who's the mod of TVIV right now?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Me :twisted:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Quick! Let's talk about comic book0 and moviess. Who would win in a fight? Movie Superman or Movie Goku?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Vincent posted:

Quick! Let's talk about comic book0 and moviess. Who would win in a fight? Movie Superman or Movie Goku?

woah man narrow it down a little bit. Which movies are we talking about here?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Vincent posted:

Let me tell you guys how I feel about the endings of BSG and Lost,

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

IRQ posted:

So Michael said I acquit?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

IRQ posted:

They were fantastic. :')

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ravane posted:

They were fantastic. :')

Stop triggering me.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

IRQ posted:

Stop triggering me.

I loved the ending of LOST, I made that very clear. I never spoke of my love for the BSG ending. Absolutely brilliant, down to the little ASIMO robot. Sure, the paralyzed cylon flying all the ships into the sun plot could have been a bit better, but ultimately, BSG's ending satisfied me in a way that no goon ever could.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I was dreading the BSG ending because of all the bad press it got, but I thought it was fine.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

BSG ending isn't that bad if you weren't waiting a year between seasons like the live watchers.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
What is this thread, the local?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I heard Mike's voice.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

I heard Mike's voice.

I like Joel better.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Vincent posted:

I like Joel better.

Kirk or Picard?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

bobkatt013 posted:

Kirk or Picard?

Are there any younger options?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

MrAristocrates posted:

Uh, Pokemon Red or Blue?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Kirk or Picard?

Scottie.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

GreenNight posted:

Uh, Pokemon Red or Blue?

Not what I was going for.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

MrAristocrates posted:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I wanted to interrupt your chain of unfunny poo poo posting to remind y'all to watch Mom on CBS. It is ~~seriously~~ the best sitcom on television right now. Not only is it riotously funny, it also isn't afraid to pack a dramatic punch. The only thing I can compare it to is Roseanne--its that good.

Thank you.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Irish Joe posted:

I wanted to interrupt your chain of unfunny poo poo posting

Oh don't worry, you didn't interrupt it at all.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Cael posted:

Oh don't worry, you didn't interrupt it at all.

I hate to start the chain anew here, but :vince:.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
I actually agree that the season premiere of Mom was pretty good! It's obvious that the whole eviction thing is going to clear itself up pretty soon, since Christie conveniently just good a wealthy new friend, but they didn't go there in the very fist episode and decide to explore the downsides of Christie's gambling addiction a bit. So that's good right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

I wanted to interrupt your chain of unfunny poo poo posting to remind y'all to watch Mom on CBS. It is ~~seriously~~ the best sitcom on television right now. Not only is it riotously funny, it also isn't afraid to pack a dramatic punch. The only thing I can compare it to is Roseanne--its that good.

Thank you.

You've said this about 4 different sitcoms in the last month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

You've said this about 4 different sitcoms in the last month.

I can't think of another sitcom I would have praised this season besides The Mindy Project. Everything else has been pretty dreary so far. Even last year's breakout hit, Brooklyn 99, is suffering from a bit of 'up its own rear end syndrome' this year.

• Locked thread