Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Anyone know anything about compatibility for Armored Core 3 Portable or any of the other PSP AC games? I can't find any mentions of whether or not it's compatible. It looks like they're another casualty of piracy, but some of those games are still compatible if you PS3 transfer, right?

loving pirates (and Sony), I'm finding more and more PSP games that I wish I could buy but nope, someone found an exploit so it had to be removed from the store. I really wanna play ZHP. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

XboxPants posted:

Anyone know anything about compatibility for Armored Core 3 Portable or any of the other PSP AC games? I can't find any mentions of whether or not it's compatible. It looks like they're another casualty of piracy, but some of those games are still compatible if you PS3 transfer, right?

loving pirates (and Sony), I'm finding more and more PSP games that I wish I could buy but nope, someone found an exploit so it had to be removed from the store. I really wanna play ZHP. :(

Unfortunately I don't own any of the Armored Core games to test. Anyone else?

I find it really weird that Valkyria Chronicles 2 works since it's not normally downloadable to a Vita, while a few games that are, are specifically blacklisted.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Do people really keep installer bubbles of PSP games on their PS3 for just such an occasion? Every time I got one on there I wanted to get rid of it as soon as I could, because it just reminds me of space I could be using for something else.

Also laffo that both PSP, PS1 games and Minis get lumped in one giant list on the PS TV store called Classics. That's real fun to navigate.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CrashCat posted:

That's real fun to navigate.

So is the download list which includes all your PS3 stuff (which the Vita can't download) because reasons.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

So is the download list which includes all your PS3 stuff (which the Vita can't download) because reasons.
Yeah, that is a treat. Takes me about a full minute or more to scroll all the way down past every game and DLC ever. And you still don't know from a glance which ones with a Download button can actually be played.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So they updated that compatibility list to basically say they weren't going to maintain that list and just check the actual store, which now (did it before?) has a PSTV section on the webstore. I gave it a quick browse:

Monster Monpiece is listed as compatible, anyone with a copy willing to reveal their shame and test it?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

univbee posted:

So they updated that compatibility list to basically say they weren't going to maintain that list and just check the actual store, which now (did it before?) has a PSTV section on the webstore. I gave it a quick browse:
It definitely didn't before, and it's still incomplete too.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
A friend grabbed the PS TV bundle, hated it, and offered it to me for $80 (complete with an unused LEGO code); couldn't pass it up.

I like it, but like many have said, it feels so close to something good and just falls short. Mortal Kombat not being on the compatibility list (for obvious reasons, I guess) was a heartbreaker for me.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sony Japan is doing some Phantasy Star Nova LE bundles for both Vita and Vita TV... correct me if I'm wrong, but PSO2 and the Nova demo don't actually work on VTV, do they?

http://store.sony.jp/Special/Game/Psvita/Psnova/

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Sony Japan is doing some Phantasy Star Nova LE bundles for both Vita and Vita TV... correct me if I'm wrong, but PSO2 and the Nova demo don't actually work on VTV, do they?

http://store.sony.jp/Special/Game/Psvita/Psnova/
Yeah, I just checked the Japanese PS store again a few days ago and it said Nova and PSO2 were not supported, so what the hell?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

I think I remember reading that the full version of Nova would work on the Vita TV but I can't remember where and I can't find it so maybe I'm making it up

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Maybe it's getting patched? Although an incompatible bundle would be pretty hilarious.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
So Sony is releasing a new firmware for Japanese Vita TVs, and boy is it a big upgrade: It's changing all references of "PS Vita TV" and "PlayStation Vita TV" and making it just "PlayStation TV" and "PS TV".

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Drastic Actions posted:

So Sony is releasing a new firmware for Japanese Vita TVs, and boy is it a big upgrade: It's changing all references of "PS Vita TV" and "PlayStation Vita TV" and making it just "PlayStation TV" and "PS TV".

Interesting. This is already the case if you set a Vita TV to English, all references to the console call it the PS TV in that case.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That patch is from three weeks ago or so.

edit: there is a patch coming out on the 28th, which apparently makes it so you can run four remote plays at the same time. No word on headphone support...

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 27, 2014

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Samurai Sanders posted:

That patch is from three weeks ago or so.

It was? Well, I just saw it pop up today. That's what happens when I don't use my Vita TV :v:.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
The new system software 3.35 adds an option under PS4 Link: Video Quality for Remote Play.
Default setting is High, which is recommended for a fast connection. The other option is Normal.

Everyone that had problems with Remote Play, check it again with both the PS4 and PSTV updated. To me, it seems better, but then again, I have the PSTV next to the PS4. Both Normal and High had the same bit of delay, but the delay wasn't as bad as it was before the updates.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Just received a physical copy of Freedom Wars in the mail, and it sports a "Playstation TV Compatible" icon on the back (the same group as the memory card requirements etc.)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

univbee posted:

Just received a physical copy of Freedom Wars in the mail, and it sports a "Playstation TV Compatible" icon on the back (the same group as the memory card requirements etc.)
They sure talk about that game a lot on Japanese sites, is it a really good game or something?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

They sure talk about that game a lot on Japanese sites, is it a really good game or something?

It's a hunting game a la Monster Hunter, and that genre just seems to be by far the most popular genre in Japan right now (as indicated by Monster Hunter 4G absolutely destroying Smash 3DS' sales).

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Yechezkel posted:

The new system software 3.35 adds an option under PS4 Link: Video Quality for Remote Play.
Default setting is High, which is recommended for a fast connection. The other option is Normal.

Everyone that had problems with Remote Play, check it again with both the PS4 and PSTV updated. To me, it seems better, but then again, I have the PSTV next to the PS4. Both Normal and High had the same bit of delay, but the delay wasn't as bad as it was before the updates.

I read about that in the update notes but can't find how to adjust it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

univbee posted:

It's a hunting game a la Monster Hunter, and that genre just seems to be by far the most popular genre in Japan right now (as indicated by Monster Hunter 4G absolutely destroying Smash 3DS' sales).
So it's a war for freedom...against monsters who you go out and find and kill?

That didn't answer my question about whether it's good or not.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

So it's a war for freedom...against monsters who you go out and find and kill?

I was going to quote the box blurb but almost the entire back of the box is legalese, possibly due to the English/French packaging malarkey.

Hopefully someone else can chime in about the qualities of the actual game.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't think they know the answer :ssh:

I may be broken, ever since I got the drat PSTV I've spent more time loving around in Toro's Friend Network than playing actual games. Must make numbers go up. Yes, that sure is a tweet. *pat pat*

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

mrEkli posted:

I read about that in the update notes but can't find how to adjust it.

It's under ... on the lower right corner of the main menu of PS4 Link.
The option won't show up on Vita handhelds, only on PSTVs.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Yechezkel posted:

The option won't show up on Vita handhelds, only on PSTVs.

That explains it. I was looking for it on the handheld.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PS4 Remote Play is definitely improved with the update. It's definitely not "tournament play" worthy but is definitely good for that spare room you occasionally wake up in needing to sober up.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Of the games out today, Unfinished Swan and Freedom Wars are for-sure working, I'm pretty sure Poltergeist is too (listed on PSTV store), not sure on Tiny Troopers or those Mahjong games.

This week's sale actually has a lot of INcompatible games, the only compatible ones are the Corpse Party PSP games and The Walking Dead Vita stuff, everything else is INcompatible including the PSP game Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles (and just in case I re-downloaded it with 3.35 to re-test and it's still very much blocked).

A few games appear to be compatible now, or at least show up in the store, like WRC 4, updated my compatibility list.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I tried Spelunky with the Remote Play and on "High" and it was running pretty good on wifi for both systems, with a two second lag on inputs. Putting on Normal seem to remove the lag, but the picture got choppy if I moved the screen.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Network Media Player just came out in the EU region. This is the promised app that connects the PSTV to media servers. If anyone with a PSTV and EU account wants to play around this and give a review, that would be nice.

The app would probably have to be downloaded to a PS3 or Vita then transferred to PSTV, since the PSTV store isn't up in EU region yet.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rirse posted:

Yeah I tried Spelunky with the Remote Play and on "High" and it was running pretty good on wifi for both systems, with a two second lag on inputs. Putting on Normal seem to remove the lag, but the picture got choppy if I moved the screen.
I get enough lag to make Spelunky much more difficult even on a wired connection. I guess you could use it for playing RPGs way down the line when they stop putting them out on PS3 and Vita instead.

Still bummed they can't do the PS3 remote play though.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I'm kind of confused, are all the PSOne classics compatible with the PSTV? I'm looking on the supported games list and I want to get Metal Gear Solid, but it only lists Metal Gear Solid VR Missions, which seems weird to me.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm kind of confused, are all the PSOne classics compatible with the PSTV? I'm looking on the supported games list and I want to get Metal Gear Solid, but it only lists Metal Gear Solid VR Missions, which seems weird to me.

My copy of MGS works, but it's the Japanese version on a Vita TV so :shrug:.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Play-Asia has a white Vita TV (Asian Version) for $77 shipped to the US. People on other message boards say you can still access US PSN with it though.

http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-vita-tv-paOS-13-49-en-70-77lt.html?ref=sp_797&sc1=N282039271?affiliate_id=16202

With Sony's latest firmware update to the VitaTV, the Asian Vita TV can also access the US PSN Store!
Here's how to do it:
1) Hook up your Vita TV, and create an Asian PSN account (any timezone is fine).
2) Download the lastest firmware update (3.35) from your Vita TV.
3) Go to Settings -> Format -> Restore This System
4) Sign in with your US PSN Account
5) Enjoy!

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Harlock posted:

Play-Asia has a white Vita TV (Asian Version) for $77 shipped to the US. People on other message boards say you can still access US PSN with it though.

Aren't these stuck with O for confirm and X for cancel?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Harlock posted:

drat... I know this isn't SAMart, but anyone want to take a $75 Dell eGift Card in exchange for one (or even a black US version in case someone's been disillusioned)? I ordered one through Dell when it said 2-4 days processing time, but that magically turned into 6+ weeks processing time the day after I'd paid for my order, so I ended up cancelling it.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

mrEkli posted:

Aren't these stuck with O for confirm and X for cancel?

Yeah, for whatever reason that is region locked.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Smirking_Serpent posted:

It's arbitrary and broken. Some things actually do work but can't be downloaded directly so you have to transfer them from PS3. Some poo poo just doesn't work at all because.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MGS "works" but has to be transferred from a PS3, or from a Vita which previous transferred from a PS3 (or grabbed it during that short window when everything was available).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

CrashCat posted:

It's arbitrary and broken. Some things actually do work but can't be downloaded directly so you have to transfer them from PS3. Some poo poo just doesn't work at all because.

Okay thanks, that's unfortunate.

I think I might get one of these, has anyone tried God of War Collection on them? I never played the first one.

• Locked thread