Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

pressedbunny posted:

Stamina was in the last fewgames, too, it's just that it was turned off by default in the options menu. Same goes for weight classes.

Stamina for running around yeah, not for every little thing you do is tied into this stamina bar and if you run out you pass out, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ2E6XKPr4s

Daniel Bryan, Usos and Corey Graves entrances.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Daniel Bryan posted:

Hahaha, the lack of ANY crowd syncing with the "YES"ing is hilarious.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The painful cut between the nicked-off-TV audio and the regular music for the Uso's is hilarious.

Still amazed Corey Graves made the roster cut, when was the last time he was even on NXT?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
The last Wrestleman game I bought was No Mercy for the N64 so I'm really looking forward to WWE2k15 on PS4.

I really want to go through career mode as a steroid infused version of myself :allears:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Daniel Bryan posted:

Man you can't escape awkward commentary. Coming to the ring... Jimmy USO.. and Jey.. Uso. And then Lawler refer to them in the singular.

Not sure if we've had the creation suite stuff confirmed for next gen 2k15 yet, though. I wouldn't take Wikipedia as a source

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Was considering getting a new system to coincide with 2k15, no chance now. 25 CAW slots is a loving joke, they obviously aren't trying very hard with this year's release. Seems similar to EA's half assed NHL game this year. Hopefully just concentrating on next gen stuff will make 2k16 acceptable.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Tato posted:

Was considering getting a new system to coincide with 2k15, no chance now. 25 CAW slots is a loving joke, they obviously aren't trying very hard with this year's release. Seems similar to EA's half assed NHL game this year. Hopefully just concentrating on next gen stuff will make 2k16 acceptable.
The attitude of this post is hilarious to me.

Finished my Legendary KOTR today, got knocked out first round in the top 8, bummer. But then... got a Legendary Cameron. I already had one so just got me a Pro Legendary Diva. She was the only Legendary Diva I had, too.

2 Legendary Pro's, 3 more to go.

(Really one more to go to start dominating Legendary KOTRs.)

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm just rolling UR king of the rings over and over again until I can ditch my really lovely pro UR team. I'm using Vince McMahon and Alberto Del Rio right now so I can't even get into legendary exhibition.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I just trickled up to Epic++ - barely - so I put some ballast on my KOTR team and have been cleaning house in UR KOTR. I'm still using the SR ladder Paige so I need a new set of Divas right the hell now, and otherwise my exhibition team is two Pro URs and two good maxed Epics. Hitting my ceiling until I get a new Diva or start somehow making my Legendary cards into Pros.

That Usos entrance looked good...and then the canned game stuff comes back in. Hard to understand how they don't have a tag team announcement for the two of them, and how that didn't trip the "tag team = tag team commentary" part either.

WWE 2K15 may end up playing alright but gooooooood god they need Visual Concepts' help adding in the spit and polish that the NBA 2K games have.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I'm still waiting for my first Legendary Pro. I've made the brackets on that level of KOTR...looks like 11 times, with two trips to the semifinals and none to the finals. I gotta get there eventually, right?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Finally actually remembering to watch my kotr so I'll finally get to a new tier soon.

Now start giving me superstars with something other than right arrow

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

Hopefully just concentrating on next gen stuff will make 2k16 acceptable.

At least a few people thought this about 2K14.

A lot of people thought this about when WWE games came to the 360/PS3.

At some point you just have to accept that Yukes won't change, and that the modern WWE series peaked at SVR 06.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wish 2K would actually put their money where their mouth is. If the CAWs are so advanced that they rival the regular wrestlers and take up a ton of space then prove it. Just post some effin photos of created wrestlers. If it actually is true that would shut most people up.

Not that 25 is a deal breaker for me. I usually just use the function to make my own grapplers and maybe download the odd Razor Ramon or Bam Bam.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Apparently they're releasing a creation suite video soon, so I guess we'll see then.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cams posted:

The attitude of this post is hilarious to me.

Finished my Legendary KOTR today, got knocked out first round in the top 8, bummer. But then... got a Legendary Cameron. I already had one so just got me a Pro Legendary Diva. She was the only Legendary Diva I had, too.

2 Legendary Pro's, 3 more to go.

(Really one more to go to start dominating Legendary KOTRs.)

a lot of people buy these games mostly because of the create a wrestler feature, so they can create their own rosters for indies/wcw/japan/etc. cutting the number of caw slots by 75 is gonna be an enormous turnoff to a lot of those people.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo

John Cena posted:

a lot of people buy these games mostly because of the create a wrestler feature, so they can create their own rosters for indies/wcw/japan/etc. cutting the number of caw slots by 75 is gonna be an enormous turnoff to a lot of those people.

people that are wrestling nerds to the degree that they would customize their own roster that much are likely wrestling nerds enough that they will get the game anyway. I'd bet the "25 CAWs? gently caress you 2k" crowd is utterly neglible and this game still sells bucketloads

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

to be fair these games don't sell bucketloads as much as "enough to justify existing"

also the vast majority of game buyers still don't read reviews or other game press so most of the people who buy this thing probably won't even be aware of the CAW limit

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Nov 1, 2014

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Monkeycheese posted:

people that are wrestling nerds to the degree that they would customize their own roster that much are likely wrestling nerds enough that they will get the game anyway. I'd bet the "25 CAWs? gently caress you 2k" crowd is utterly neglible and this game still sells bucketloads

im skipping the game this year specifically because of that.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

John Cena posted:

Yeah, I get that, and I understand. I meant strictly his attitude and language. It is endlessly amusing to me to see people get angry because of video games, as if they matter at all.

Really the biggest bummer to me about the CAW limit is, as I said, the fact that VGCW won't be using it. I was looking forward to seeing that in action.

Hopefully the PC version turns out to be real (I don't think it will be) so it can happen.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah if the pc version proves to be moddable where caw limits and such dont exist, and considering how prolific the no mercy modding community was, i'd probably get the game at that point. but so far the game just doesnt appeal to me at all right now with the limits presented on customization.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
edit - never mind

cams
Mar 28, 2003

John Cena posted:

yeah if the pc version proves to be moddable where caw limits and such dont exist, and considering how prolific the no mercy modding community was, i'd probably get the game at that point. but so far the game just doesnt appeal to me at all right now with the limits presented on customization.
Fully understandable. I've just never been a guy to get really into that stuff. I'll make a few guys, possibly grab some Okada/Nakamura/Shibata/Steen/Devitt other NJPW/Indie dudes, but I don't need that many.

For me, the big selling points are entirely based on the new game system. The stamina system and actual unique styles seems to have made this into an actual GAME, whereas before it was more of just a wrestling sandbox thing.

And also, I miss CM Punk and I need this to have him in my life again :(

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
A friend of mine sent me a message that apparently in the last-gen version of 2k15, if you set Batista to get cheered he will still get booed. Can anyone with the game confirm this? If so it's really funny and I like the people behind it a lot.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I'm not going to play the whiny nerd card and stamp my feet about not having my 100 CAW slots, but to drop that info this close to release is really lovely. If that has been know for awhile know, then that's on me then.

I think the other thing for me is that the CAWs in even 2K14 looked good enough to me (I had a Sting that looked drat near like the real deal) that I can't perceive what kind of graphical leap that could create such a drastic drop in slots. It may just be a thing of complexity of the CAWs, but I'd have preferred a simpler, less detailed CAW while giving up like 50 slots.

It's just a bunch of disappointing little things mounting up to make me not even want to bother this year, and I'm a guy who has bought the last three years and all the DLC.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Monkeycheese posted:

You'd be shocked how big the market for those people actually is. I had tons of friends in elementary school through college who hadn't watched a wrestling show outside of some random friend having a wrestlemania party in middle school and they would buy wrestling games just to make tons of dudes and have them fight. I was never a huge WWE fan in the ~2002-2009 era but I still know who all the wrestlers are because I bought and played the video games to continue my tradition of beating every wrestling game I buy with a CAW Bill Clinton. There is a heavy nostalgia for the late 90's right now too and soooooo many people bought the N64 and PS1 wrestling games who didn't give a poo poo about wrestling just because its fun to make silly guys with your buds and have them punch each other.

Also the hardcore virtual fed people are already super into FirePro Returns so I think a lot of people really do purchase the WWE games just for CAW shenanigans. Especially now that internet gaming is so big and you can take your seven foot tall, 400 pound, elderly man dressed as a wizard on the road to punch an Alien in the face and piledrive a guido.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

El Estrago Bonito posted:

You'd be shocked how big the market for those people actually is.
I think the argument here would be that the OVERWHELMING audience for this game is going to be children who could give a gently caress. I don't care enough to do any real research, nor am I even sure such data exists, but I have no problem believing that 95% of the copies of this game sold will be sold to males between the ages of 8 and 16.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is it available for preorder on the American PSN store right now? I'm gonna buy it anyway and if you get some stupid poo poo like Hogan I'd do that but it doesn't show up here in Europe.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hogan is only in the special edition

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Lodin posted:

Is it available for preorder on the American PSN store right now? I'm gonna buy it anyway and if you get some stupid poo poo like Hogan I'd do that but it doesn't show up here in Europe.
It is available here on PSN, yes.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

cams posted:

I think the argument here would be that the OVERWHELMING audience for this game is going to be children who could give a gently caress. I don't care enough to do any real research, nor am I even sure such data exists, but I have no problem believing that 95% of the copies of this game sold will be sold to males between the ages of 8 and 16.

Yeah, but I'm saying that when I was that age most kids bought these games FOR the CAW mode because then you can make you and all your friends as wrestlers and fight each other, win belts, beat up John Cena, etc When I was a kid we took that poo poo deadly serious, like you were only allowed to play your CAW character and we would arrange cards and PPV's and keep track of who had belts and poo poo. You know, the kind of stuff you do when you're 12 and have shitloads of free time and Jolt cola.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's funny that they're using Hogan as a big pre-order selling point when it's not as though they haven't been using him in games over the last few years. He was in 2k14, All-Stars, Legends of WrestleMania, etc.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It's funny that they're using Hogan as a big pre-order selling point when it's not as though they haven't been using him in games over the last few years. He was in 2k14, All-Stars, Legends of WrestleMania, etc.

It's worse than that, Hogan isn't a preorder bonus he's a "hey give us 20-30 bucks extra" bonus, since he's only in the hulkamania or digital deluxe editions.

But hey, you get TWO hogans!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

John Cena posted:

hogan is only in the special edition

Correction, Hollywood and Modern Hulk Hogan are Special Edition. Classic Hogan is DLC in the Ultimate Warrior 2K Showcase.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

No word on a PC release for 2K15? That's the only way I can see myself picking it up.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

the fact that there's been absolutely no official confirmation anywhere is leading me to believe a PC version isn't happening

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I've never known the official Korean ratings board to be hoaxed. The board and 2K both would nip it in the bud were it a fake. And it's not even like trademarking where they put it in writing just to cover all their bases on the possibility that they might produce it at some point in the future. If they submitted it for a rating it's because they intend to release it.

It's possible they could change their mind about releasing the PC version even as they've taken such steps, but such a decision would have dire implications for the entire series. They haven't relayed info because the release is at least 2 months away from the next gen's release

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 1, 2014

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Have they ever made a PC version of any WWE game? Why would it have dire implications for them to continue what has always been done with them?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Unless someone made a really good edit, looks like there's a PC version to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDgECsIZe-Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Because canceling a port over bad development or bad sales forecasts both involve a lot of wasted money and give publishers cold feet, noted forums poster TheJoker138