Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Wonder why Castiel didn't just heal Sam's arm while he was in the bunker anyway. Guess he's gotta be stingy with his stolen grace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is anyone else getting burned out on the show?

I just don't find myself that interested in the overall plot anymore. Dean becoming a demon was an interesting direction, but 3 episodes in and we're more or less back to the status quo.

Then there's the whole Castiel rogue angel thing. Who cares, it's not like they're doing anything except fish.

Unlike the first 5 seasons these last ones have been totally forgettable.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I imagine Dean's gonna be cured, at least for a while, but there's no reason he couldn't still be a demon. They set the whole thing up right in this episode - if human blood can suppress demon powers enough that devil's traps don't work anymore, there's no reason it can't suppress demon powers so much that you can't even turn the eyes black. There's no reason to assume that just 'cause the eyes go clear the demon is gone. (though it would make sense for Sam to latch onto that hope without questioning it)

I guess Castiel's angel vision should be able to tell but that's asking for a lot from the writers, and who knows what's even going on with Cas' powers anyway.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

XboxPants posted:

I imagine Dean's gonna be cured, at least for a while, but there's no reason he couldn't still be a demon. They set the whole thing up right in this episode - if human blood can suppress demon powers enough that devil's traps don't work anymore, there's no reason it can't suppress demon powers so much that you can't even turn the eyes black. There's no reason to assume that just 'cause the eyes go clear the demon is gone. (though it would make sense for Sam to latch onto that hope without questioning it)

I guess Castiel's angel vision should be able to tell but that's asking for a lot from the writers, and who knows what's even going on with Cas' powers anyway.

Seems like demon-ness is a scale. The blood moves you some way toward the human end, and I guess the mark probably moves you some way toward the demon end when you indulge in violence. Explains why the devil's trap was still kind of working but not fully.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Apparently Felicia Day is going to be back on Supernatural soon. She posted on her blog about #gamergate (I hate myself that I had to type that as a hashtag) and the first sentence is: "I had a day off this weekend from shooting Supernatural, and I was walking around downtown Vancouver on Saturday..." posted about 16 hours ago.

Maybe it'll be a whole thing in Oz?

edit: may as well provide the article

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Yeah the whole demon thing with Dean probably isn't over, but I think it would be great if Cole comes back to get his revenge on Dean, all prepared with a bunch of holy water and exorcisms demon traps and stuff, and then none of it works since he isn't a demon anymore.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I'm not a huge fan of Charlie by hopefully it will be an episode involving cosplay again so we can revel in the barely contained glee Dean has when allowed to play dressup.

Dude just loves that poo poo, cracks me up.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Sapient Afro posted:

Wonder why Castiel didn't just heal Sam's arm while he was in the bunker anyway. Guess he's gotta be stingy with his stolen grace.

Or maybe it's because Jared Padalecki dislocated his shoulder.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Flatscan posted:

Or maybe it's because Jared Padalecki dislocated his shoulder.

Are you saying Misha Collins' touch isn't healing too? I refuse to believe that.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Decius posted:

Are you saying Misha Collins' touch isn't healing too? I refuse to believe that.

I'm pretty sure that all depends on where he's touching you.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm pretty sure Dean is really going to become like Cain and seclude himself like he was trying to do as a demon.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
This episode is pretty boring so far, haven't we seen this plot like a few times already?

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
On the other hand, Sam and Dean were actually talking to each other like normal people, and not dragging out their drama.

(I'm sure there will be dragged out drama at some point this season)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I was not terribly enthused by this episode. I guess it's cool that the writers didn't forget about the girl from...season 8?

Bring back the kid with the Golem.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Just once I'd like to see a group of hunters that are actually monsters. They go on a monster killing spree across God's Greatest Country.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I'm pretty sure Dean is really going to become like Cain and seclude himself like he was trying to do as a demon.

Wait, Caine became a hermit basically, right? How does that fit with the "need to feed the mark by killing people or else" version of the story that Dean was(/is?) facing. Or did Cain regularly take murder field trips?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cain's a demon. Pretty sure the Mark was affecting Dean because he was human.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Merlinicus posted:

Wait, Caine became a hermit basically, right? How does that fit with the "need to feed the mark by killing people or else" version of the story that Dean was(/is?) facing. Or did Cain regularly take murder field trips?

He had a few years to figure out a way around it.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
Just because you're from the christian mythos doesn't mean you can't be a Buddhist.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Merlinicus posted:

Managed to give up killing by abstaining for centuries, agreed to start murdering the poo poo out of some demons because he knew Dean would take the mark.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Merlinicus posted:

Guy had 2000+ years to regret killing his brother, probably did not like the entire killing thing. Hell he trained the knights of hell so maybe he has thousands of kills just saved up in the bank so he doesn't need to do it any more? Maybe he is just batshit insane.

?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Didn't you guys even watch the episode? He was redeemed by the Power of Love. Duh. Dean just needs to meet the right girl and everything will be fine.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Angela Christine posted:

Didn't you guys even watch the episode? He was redeemed by the Power of Love. Duh. Dean just needs to meet the right girl and everything will be fine.

Then she will die horribly

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

Didn't you guys even watch the episode? He was redeemed by the Power of Love. Duh. Dean just needs to meet the right girl hang out with Crowley more and everything will be fine.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Disappointed that this episode wasn't about an English werewolf with some crazy reason for being in America now, like being an international jewel thief or something. Those weren't werewolves of London at all.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
This is just too good.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Moose is almost as tall him on his knees. That's pretty great.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Saveron_01 posted:

This is just too good.

Heh. The magazine is a nice touch.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Saveron_01 posted:

This is just too good.

I would love for them to do some random episode like this, never once mention it, and have it go back to normal the next episode. Bonus points if it's an important episode on the season storyline.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Moose would probably have trouble walking on his knees.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Some Numbers posted:

Moose would probably have trouble walking on his knees.

He could be on some sort of cart and not-not-moose could push him around.

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Officer Farva posted:

I would love for them to do some random episode like this, never once mention it, and have it go back to normal the next episode. Bonus points if it's an important episode on the season storyline.

I think that'd be a little much, but I'd love to see a random scene done that way. Change the camera angle, it's that stuff, change back and they're back to normal. I'd also love to see the cries of "Gabe's back, it's gotta be the Trickster!" that go absolutely nowhere.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I didn't even finish the last episode, should I watch supernatural this week?

Ed Zeddmore
Dec 12, 2011

:h:love will turn you around:h:
It's not on this week, it's just a repeat of the special (which was fun, for anyone who missed it). Probably because of the elections.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Ed Zeddmore posted:

It's not on this week, it's just a repeat of the special (which was fun, for anyone who missed it). Probably because of the elections.

That's good, because I think I left my DVR unplugged last night.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

You should watch the upcoming episode anyway because it's number 200.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Finally gonna see the Furlings.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004

cool kids inc. posted:

You should watch the upcoming episode anyway because it's number 200.

That trailer for 200 looks great.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B14mUQSIYAItPpK.jpg:large

http://youtu.be/nXPiI7_rYDo

Saveron_01 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 8, 2014

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Oh my GODDDDDD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Evil dead reference? Also, that lineup of intros was awesome.