Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Speaking of, I got said free copy of teleglitch, but I already had it. So here, slightly less hassle than getting it from the site itself. https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=zawNBAq4FPNx7k3b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is also being given away for free; sorry if it's been mentioned.

http://www.pcgamer.com/get-a-free-steam-key-for-weird-worlds-with-bundle-stars/

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Huzzah! posted:

Speaking of, I got said free copy of teleglitch, but I already had it. So here, slightly less hassle than getting it from the site itself. https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=zawNBAq4FPNx7k3b

Thanks!

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Saoshyant posted:

JJ9PT-KKEFA-CPEP5

Grabbed this one--thank you!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ddraig posted:

I've got it too and it says 2 days left, so yeah a free weekend.

Is it saying that with it installed? Because it's in my Steam list, not presently installed, without the 2 days left notice.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Kennel posted:

A Vampire Story is -80% and based on the first two hours it's a decent traditional point & click adventure. Puzzles feel logical and it's quite polished. Lots of characters with "silly" voices but it wasn't as annoying as I feared.

I suppose it's worth getting if you liked The Book of Unwritten Tales etc.

My sole purchase of the sale so far. Was made by some ex-LucasArts people including one of the lead artists on The Dig and The Curse of Monkey Island.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Is it saying that with it installed? Because it's in my Steam list, not presently installed, without the 2 days left notice.

Store page:

edit: which is lovely because it should also be somewhere in the install dialogs because who launches games from their store pages?

They have a gifting and messaging system, they could not be dumb and relay this information to you but they choose to make it cryptic because steam.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Just picking up this again, since it got kind of drowned out in the Steam sale/Indie Bundle/Bethesda chat:

Delusibeta posted:

In Bundle news, Overkill's spoiled this week's Humble Weekly. It's a Halloween edition

Free bonus
A pair of Payday 2 masks

Any price
Knock Knock
Home
Vertical Drop Heroes HD

Beat the Average
Our Darker Purpose
Five Nights at Freddy's
Betrayer

$15+
Among the Sleep
What are people's opinions on those? The only ones I've even heard of (and already own) are Knock Knock anf FNaF.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Dave Angel posted:

My sole purchase of the sale so far. Was made by some ex-LucasArts people including one of the lead artists on The Dig and The Curse of Monkey Island.

I really enjoyed it, though it's a little short.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Tippis posted:

Just picking up this again, since it got kind of drowned out in the Steam sale/Indie Bundle/Bethesda chat:

What are people's opinions on those? The only ones I've even heard of (and already own) are Knock Knock anf FNaF.

Vertical Drop Heroes HD is pretty neat, you have to make it from the top of a level to the bottom of a level and get out the exit, to make it to the next level ala Spelunky, with a lot more combat involved. Although a lot of it can be avoided and there are acheivements for getting through levels without killing things so it's more my playstyle choice.

edit: it's a roguelike so you get to unlock new classes and perks, you can purchase persistent upgrades with currency collected throughout each level/from killed npcs; also you can levelup your character (start each game at level 1) which increases numbers

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 1, 2014

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Please, Nordic, incorporate De Blob as a point-and-click Unwritten Tales adventure.

http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/article/nordic_games_acquires_de_blob_ip_from_thq

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

mr. nobody posted:

Store page:

edit: which is lovely because it should also be somewhere in the install dialogs because who launches games from their store pages?

They have a gifting and messaging system, they could not be dumb and relay this information to you but they choose to make it cryptic because steam.

Actually most limited-time deals will show "x days/hours remaining" by the title in your Library list.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Actually most limited-time deals will show "x days/hours remaining" by the title in your Library list.

Doh, you're right, the name of the game in my library list is "NBA 2K15 - 2 days left"

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Tippis posted:

Our Darker Purpose is probably the best Binding of Isaac clone I've played. It's still not as good as BoI, though.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

So soon? Wasn't it released like last month? An interesting sales tactic.

Evolve's coming out in February.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Verdugo posted:

Evolve's coming out in February.

He's talking about NBA 2015.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Icewind Dale EE is $20 on Steam, but $10 for the exact same game on Android. Was this the case with Bladur's Gate EE at release too? I imagine it would run pretty well on the latest Samsung Tab, so I may have to pick those up there instead. Starting a 100+ hour RPG is pretty daunting though.

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
The same pricing was used for BG:EE but BG:EE had some DLC content that was included in the PC version for free but not in the tablet version where it was an IAP. Also the tablet version came out a lot later. Don't know what's up with IWD:EE being cheaper on the tablet since from what I can tell it doesn't have any extra content...

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Zat posted:

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is also being given away for free; sorry if it's been mentioned.

http://www.pcgamer.com/get-a-free-steam-key-for-weird-worlds-with-bundle-stars/

Anyone who likes the general feel and tone of this game should check out SPAZ, which is a top down 2d space combat/exploration/bounty hunting/space zombie smashing/ship building game. It's good fun!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/107200/

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

victrix posted:

Anyone who likes the general feel and tone of this game should check out SPAZ, which is a top down 2d space combat/exploration/bounty hunting/space zombie smashing/ship building game. It's good fun!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/107200/

It was alright until a forced stealth mission (whereas I hadn't levelled any stealth at all :()

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Replaying Risk of Rain after this recent update, and this game is still awesome and hugely impressive for basically being made by two guys. The music is great, too. I really hope they do a Risk of Rain 2 with more levels, more items, and a somewhat more balanced progression of gameplay. (I feel like choosing your items should be the default, and unlocking new items for choice to be part of the progression, and the Artifact that is currently Command should do the opposite, randomizing items but opening up the whole pool to you). Also, without the 5x damage artifact the gameplay is a bit too slow. Other than that, this game rules.

e: they seem to have removed the immunity phase from the final boss; a good call since now you don't have to wait around doing nothing for 30 seconds until he drops his shield.

Rashomon fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 1, 2014

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/94110993/asagao-academy-normal-boots-club

This is going to get on Steam eventually. I just wanted you to know that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As soon as I saw the normal boots logo I hoped it'd be a Jon Tron dating sim and imagine my loving surprise.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Justin_Brett posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/94110993/asagao-academy-normal-boots-club

This is going to get on Steam eventually. I just wanted you to know that.

It took me until the end of the kickstarter vid to realize it was a game about youtube actors/personalities/whateverthefuck.

AHAHAHAHAHAhahaha

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They are going to raise 12,000 god drat dollars for this. That is not a good or bad sentiment on my part, it's just a statement of the facts.

edit: vvv I hope they're making it in ren'py. God drat it I hope they're making it in ren'py. Ren'py is like "here don't worry about it we'll make your VN for you" mode.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 1, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Costs
Programming: 0.01%

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Drifter posted:

Costs

Look, a hundred dollars should be more than enough to program a game.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Freak Futanari posted:

Look, a hundred dollars should be more than enough to program a game.

Hey, nice av.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Drifter posted:

Hey, nice av.

Thank you, somebody spent like 40 dollars on repeatedly buying me random avatars until i finally gave up and kept one of them.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

tehsid posted:

Goon made game Kinetic Void is currently 66% ($6.79USD) off for the sale. Now is the time to jump in and get it. You know you need another space game in your life! A huge patch was just dropped that fixed A LOT of the issue, and smoothed out the learning curve with a great tutorial. Also the game can be awful pretty at times.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227160/

Before the thread got derailed a few of us were left hanging wondering just what exactly this game is?

Is it a better X3? Is it like a modern freelancer?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Drifter posted:

Costs

It's mostly going to be stock renpy which apparently doesn't require much programming at all.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Left 4 Dead 2 is on sale right now, but I'm hesitant to get it because the gameplay sounds really similar to Payday 2, which I already have. Thoughts?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kin posted:

Before the thread got derailed a few of us were left hanging wondering just what exactly this game is?

Is it a better X3? Is it like a modern freelancer?

Start here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/seanpollman/kinetic-void

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Baron Bifford posted:

Left 4 Dead 2 is on sale right now, but I'm hesitant to get it because the gameplay sounds really similar to Payday 2, which I already have. Thoughts?

It's a lot more fun than Payday 2 for one. Also you have to get from point A to B while killing herds of zombies. Holing up somewhere is generally not a good idea. The special enemies are a lot more interesting than the ones in Payday 2 as well.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Baron Bifford posted:

I'd say it's in the same co-op genre but plays completely differently, really worth getting if you're into that kind of gameplay as the game's great. It has an absolutely attrocious online community though so play only with friends.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
So Painkiller Black is $1, should I grab that or is there a "remastered" newer version? What's Hell and Damnation?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Palpek posted:

I'd say it's in the same co-op genre but plays completely differently, really worth getting if you're into that kind of gameplay as the game's great. It has an absolutely attrocious online community though so play only with friends.

When L4D2 came out, it was the best thing on Steam. I really don't know what happened to it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Mr. Crow posted:

So Painkiller Black is $1, should I grab that or is there a "remastered" newer version? What's Hell and Damnation?
Hell and Damnation (HD) is the remake but by a different studio. It's worse in design as they changed some levels, removed some bosses and tweaked it in the wrong way. It also doesn't include the official expansion and I'm not even sure it includes all the chapters from the main game. However it's way better visually and if you haven't played the original - it's actually still a good game. So if you like contemporary graphics more in your FPSes then get HD, if you want better gameplay, flow and overall a better game - get Black.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Baron Bifford posted:

I loved Payday 1, and really enjoyed Payday 2., btu found L4D2 to just be somewhat boring. I think I liked the mission structure of Payday more than the moving arena shooter gamepply of L4D.

That said, you absolutely need nice people if you play Payday. You cannot have fun without actual nice people. L4D you just run around and shoot things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I'm seriously considering buying Diablo 3 w/ Reaper of Souls right now from a key seller for $48.21, has it ever been cheaper elsewhere and should I wait?
I had some fun with the starter edition and I'm just really, really itching for a hew ARPG to play since Torchlight 2 has no replayability past the one playthrough I did.

• Locked thread