Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

How Rude posted:

I'm not saying khazix is a shitlord. He is literally the second most popular pick for a single role, which means that he is likely to be picked in solo queue the most out of any jungler. On top of this, he is not unlikely to lose, which is pretty good for a popular champion. None of my posts are saying "oh gently caress khazix nerf him to the ground hes op cant win against him". The most popular champion for the Jungler role, Lee Sin, however, is a much easier champion to dick up and has a less than 50% winrate, making him statistically more likely to gently caress over his team when picked, so I let him through bans, unlike Kha'zix who is probably the strongest.

I call poo poo OP when they get fed, etc. and usually it is in reference to the PLAYER, not the CHAMPION e.g. Zed has 12 kills and I say "poo poo Zed is loving OP" well yeah he's fed and he's kicking our asses, gg. I voice my opinion that I hate playing against champions that are really annoying to play against (Lee Sin, Fizz, etc) and then some loving goon goes
"BUT KEEBY YOU HATE EVERY CHAMPION, YOU THINK EVERYTHINGS OP"
:goonsay:

Don't misuse terms.

How Rude posted:

Stop projecting off of what I say in games, it's a little scary how obsessive some of you are over it, and I don't react that way literally every game, some of you have only played at most like five or ten games with me.

Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I tried Brand in a bot game last night and he was really fun! I hope his damage makes up for his lack of mobility when I try him in normals.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Nov 1, 2014

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!

How Rude posted:

I tried Brand in a bot game last night and he was really fun! I hope his damage makes up for his lack of mobility when I try him in normals.

Brand is fun as hell. He is like a non-tanky, more damage-y Ryze.

Though his lack of mobility really hurts him, as long as you can land his stun, it should make up for it (a little bit.)

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Observe Me posted:

Brand is fun as hell. He is like a non-tanky, more damage-y Ryze.

They also both have a targeted ability!!

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
I feel terrible... due to eating something bad I've got food poisoning.... I only discovered this during a ranked game... I had to go for an urgent bio, and to top it all off I got reported too, god damnit.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Lovechop posted:

played Quinn jungle last night with some of you motherfuckers after remembering how much it owned and now I'm on a bigass quinnstreak. best champion.

I played Quinn ADC with a buddy of mine supporting as Swain for a fun Bird Lane. Quinn's vault is such a satisfying move.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

The Crusher posted:

I played Quinn ADC with a buddy of mine supporting as Swain for a fun Bird Lane. Quinn's vault is such a satisfying move.

No joke, I had a quinn escaping from me in the enemy jungle once vault off of me over her base's wall and walk back to her fountain. It was incredible :allears:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I agree with Keeby that Lucian, Kha'Zix and Ryze are the three best solo queue bans because they are probably the three easiest champions to dominate games with in this patch and I think they all have nerfs lined up (but it has been forever since Riot patched). I'm assuming the next patch is 5.0? I haven't heard anything about 4.19.

The only thing I disagree with Keeby on is calling everything he plays against game to game op. It's funny on mumble and basically a given no matter who we are up against. You have to guess the target of his ire from game to game.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Libertine posted:

I agree with Keeby that Lucian, Kha'Zix and Ryze are the three best solo queue bans because they are probably the three easiest champions to dominate games with in this patch and I think they all have nerfs lined up (but it has been forever since Riot patched). I'm assuming the next patch is 5.0? I haven't heard anything about 4.19.

The only thing I disagree with Keeby on is calling everything he plays against game to game op. It's funny on mumble and basically a given no matter who we are up against. You have to guess the target of his ire from game to game.

It's whoever is winning the game for their team, duh.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I am a stupid baby fanboy

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Libertine posted:

We already got one Kha nerf (nerf to W damage) and I think they said in the notes that that was all there would be for him for awhile. Lucian is getting kneecapped (I think anyhow, he's losing all the AD ratio on his W and what appears to be a net Culling nerf) next patch on top of the nerfs to his E already and Ryze is (deservedly) losing mana ratios on his skills (not entirely as was originally thought, apparently, just a reduction).

They've already started talking about pre-season stuff and the new map getting rolled out so I guess we can assume that it will start with this patch or the next.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Brand is probably one of the best mages in the game for doing shitloads of AOE damage behind a well played oriana, but suffers in that he has absolutely no survivability skills or escapes. And while he does have a very good stun, it relies on the target being on fire already or requires you to save a skill to set them on fire first.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I think Brand would be a lot better with more range or some sort of escape/survivability.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Riot MUST make it to 4.20, even if it's in name only and just a patch with nothing in it. To not do it would be disrespecting qtpie, our lord and savior.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

According to the picture Keeby posted he's got just above 50% winrate and he's in about 17% of the games. That isn't OP, that's average for a popular champion who is popular because they're fun and relatively easy to figure out (which isn't the same as playing him well). I would say that makes Kha a successful champion, and not OP in the slightest. In this context Keeby is just using "OP" to mean "champion I dislike who is also popular" which is about a third to half the cast for him.

Edit: What he's actually saying is that he thinks Kha is a shitlord, which is a perfectly valid (if imo silly) opinion that you can apply to a lot of things. For example, current Nidalee is a giant shitlord. She isn't OP though (not anymore anyhow). These things aren't the same thing but Keeby uses them interchangeably and it makes his posts both difficult to understand at times and seem extremely strange in how the value champion power.

I said 52% winrate on a constantly picked champion that is a high priority comp pick is OP. If he's only like just about 50% that's fine, although I'd hasten to point out that 17% of games is still quite high in a game with 121 champions, even more so when you consider he's banned nearly every other game. As usual, though, nerfing Kha'zix isn't the solution to Kha'zix because just like Talon and [insert almost any top laner in the history of the game here], he's strong because everyone around him got nerfed, not because of any particular problems with his kit.

How Rude posted:

I call poo poo OP when they get fed, etc. and usually it is in reference to the PLAYER, not the CHAMPION e.g. Zed has 12 kills and I say "poo poo Zed is loving OP" well yeah he's fed and he's kicking our asses, gg. I voice my opinion that I hate playing against champions that are really annoying to play against (Lee Sin, Fizz, etc) and then some loving goon goes
"BUT KEEBY YOU HATE EVERY CHAMPION, YOU THINK EVERYTHINGS OP"
:goonsay:

Stop projecting off of what I say in games, it's a little scary how obsessive some of you are over it, and I don't react that way literally every game, some of you have only played at most like five or ten games with me.

Keeb not to throw shade but I've played like dozens of games with you and you really do call everything OP. Maybe that's not what you mean but what you literally say is "X champion is OP" and cite things about the champion's kit, not the player, whenever you get fed on a champion or anyone else on either team gets fed on a champion or even just makes a big play. Like it doesn't bother me but if you think you're not doing that I think you need to know that you're definitely coming across as doing it.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
I'm pretty annoyed that they don't show duo queue status on lolnexus/opgg anymore. That was the singular useful feature. It's pretty good to know whether or not the opposing botlane is on voice comms, or that the jungle is going to be top for a dive at the perfect time every time. Apparently Riot requested they remove it, I hope that's because they're planning to put in something of their own because otherwise I cannot fathom that decision.

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!

AHH FUGH posted:

Riot MUST make it to 4.20, even if it's in name only and just a patch with nothing in it. To not do it would be disrespecting qtpie, our lord and savior.

Patch 4.20: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSgb35PBdS4

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

One of the all-time legendary league videos

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Every time I see a season 2/3 video I think of how much more I liked the old flash and ignite summoner icons. Preseason 4 had the Air Jordan flash icon for a patch cycle, then it got changed to the current version.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I said 52% winrate on a constantly picked champion that is a high priority comp pick is OP. If he's only like just about 50% that's fine, although I'd hasten to point out that 17% of games is still quite high in a game with 121 champions, even more so when you consider he's banned nearly every other game. As usual, though, nerfing Kha'zix isn't the solution to Kha'zix because just like Talon and [insert almost any top laner in the history of the game here], he's strong because everyone around him got nerfed, not because of any particular problems with his kit.

Statistics isn't really my realm, but 52%/17% doesn't strike me as OP (caveat: I guess from the perspective of jungle, with its limited pool and relatively few champions that are both popular and presently viable). As somebody else said, when somebody is hitting 54-60 is when I start to be like yeah, ok, that's dumb. And yeah he has a really high pick/ban rate and is popular, that's what happens when a champion is fundamentally fun to play and is relatively easy to pick up while also being viable in their given role. I just felt like defending the champion because I play him, I like him, I basically understand how he works, and I really don't think he's OP. Strong, yes, popular, yes, easy, more or less, but literally overpowered to an unnecessary degree, no. Like you said, Kha is really a problem of them dumpstering everyone around him, and in turn that's a problem of Lee and to a lesser extent Elise basically ruining the jungle. I still maintain that unless they change the new jungle items' mana sustain a lot of the present jungle cast won't even be that strong come next season anyhow, not just Kha.

Edit: Oh yeah

quote:

I think Brand any character in the game would be a lot better with more range or some sort of escape/survivability.

ftfy

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 1, 2014

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

After ages of asking for it, tonight my friends decided we were going to put a lot more thought into teamcomps and do ranked 5s. 1st game had 2 bronze 5s and we were 17k or something ahead at like 25 mins, the rest were all games with diamonds, plats, and golds, games we would have otherwise lost that were really fun and kinda close.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Gray Matter posted:

I'm just a lowly gold V after a year+ of the struggle, but this is the general strategy I have devised to follow for my decision making. Obviously there are dozens of factors at play in this game that can change your course, but IN GENERAL these are my priorities in descending order:

Pre-20 minutes:
Is there a Tier 1 turret up? -> Push it

Is dragon up/due very soon? -> Establish vision, push mid & bot

Neither of the above conditions met? -> Push the turret closest to your base

Post-20 minutes:

Is baron up/due very soon? -> Establish vision, push top & mid

Is dragon up/due very soon, and baron is not? -> Establish vision, push bot & mid

None of the above conditions met? -> Push the turret closest to your base

The overriding idea is that assuming there are no other immediate objectives (baron possible, inhib being threatened, open enemy inhib) you should always be trying to kill the turret closest to your base.

Am I on the right track or is this way too simplistic? It probably sounds better in my head than the way I've explained it here.

The problem is getting your "ALL MID" team to adhere to this.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

iSurrender posted:

The problem is getting your "ALL MID" team to adhere to this.

It works until you get the inhib down, but then you can't really push anymore BUT NO WE PUSH MID AND FINISH.

I loving hate the people who are like "WE NEED TO FINISH" then run in alone to attack the nexus and die then yell "WHY DIDNT YOU COME IN WITH ME"

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I think Brand would be a lot better with more range or some sort of escape/survivability.

And if he had those things he'd be pretty overpowered. Right now I think his kit is about spot on for balance in that he needs to land skillshots to be effective, must get right up in the other team's poo poo to do his thing so doing anything is always risky, but he pukes out obscene amounts of damage with his passive. Like really, his damage output is intense but you always end up in danger if you want to use it.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I'm considering picking Soraka always as support in order to screw with all the popular assassin picks. Nothing fucks up a combo oriented melee champion more than a big, gently caress off zone of no abilities that roots at the end. She's so good at stopping assassins from doing anything to her carries.

edit: I think this is why Morg isn't as first pick/ban as she was, the recent popularity in assassins favors more reliable peel like Janna or denial like Soraka. Morg root is hard to land on anyone with a mobility skill and black shield only stops CC and a paltry amount of magic damage.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 1, 2014

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

It works until you get the inhib down, but then you can't really push anymore BUT NO WE PUSH MID AND FINISH.

I loving hate the people who are like "WE NEED TO FINISH" then run in alone to attack the nexus and die then yell "WHY DIDNT YOU COME IN WITH ME"

That doesn't happen.

What does happen is that they'll demand you to go 4v5 teamfights while they go full XPeke and backdoor. Scratch the teamfight, they just want to backdoor... while the enemy is there.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Since this patch has gone on for so long and we just hit a new month and I am having a pretty chill Saturday, I just ran the numbers and wrote up a new Patch 4.18 (Part II) tier list:
http://pryorability.blogspot.com/2014/11/league-of-legends-tier-list-patch-418.html

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is Vi still broken?

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Gray Matter posted:

Post-20 minutes:

Is baron up/due very soon? -> Establish vision, push top & mid

Pushing bot is generally better to prep baron since it's much harder for someone who isn't named Ziggs to sneak off and deal with that poo poo during the baron dance. Kind of a nitpick I guess. Or maybe a Discussion in the Discussion thread?????? God almighty.

In general that's probably an intelligent simple decision tree with the overarching theme being "pressure something, always". If you're constantly pushed and pressuring something, you might get something for free or force a rotational error. Plus if you do something stupid and team wipe you're going to lose less if everything is pushed!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How come people stopped playing Trundle top? Was looking at him earlier and I remember him being popular towards the start of the year.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

How come people stopped playing Trundle top? Was looking at him earlier and I remember him being popular towards the start of the year.

Less people playing mega fat tanky lads

(which he is the counter to)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Flipswitch posted:

his laning is still good against a lot of melee tops if you play it safe early, but the more popular characters like ryze get, the worst off trundle is

its funny because trundle kind of sits in the same place as jarvan/irelia where if he can get an early lead/gank and survive trading he'll win the lane

when riven/irelia/ryze all get nerfed you'll see the return of trundle/renekton/whatever

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Riven? What

The only way riven could get nerfed harder is reducing Q from 10 damage at level 1 to 0.

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

I really hope they do a round of sweeping nerfs/buffs to shake up bot lane lineup this coming season. Going up against (or getting shoe-horned into) your 4th or 5th Cait/Morg or Lucian/Blitz combo in a row just gets really tiring.

Support: You land Q. Does target have flash? If yes, return to bush. If no, congrats on the kill.
ADC: Did your support land a Q? If yes, dump on target. If no, return to farming.

Every other lane/role just seems so much more dynamic and interesting.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Methanar posted:

The only way riven could get nerfed harder is reducing Q from 10 damage at level 1 to 0.

Q could deal negative damage and people would still complain she's OP. :v:

fnox
May 19, 2013

My entire team got pentakilled with a single Yi Q.

Why the gently caress can Alpha Strike crit.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Ban talk reply:

My go to bans right now in highish plat as a Master Yi main right now are Janna, Gnar, and Fiddlesticks/whatever other dumb poo poo just beat me (the last one was fiddlesticks).

Janna and Gnar just because they are huge cockblocks to actually doing battle. Janna is way too good at saving people for how easy she is to play, and for 75% of the game if you fight gnar he has the advantage.

I would ban Nasus is everyone didn't call me a fkn scrub when I did it. gently caress that champion. They need to give him a different passive, or nerf it.

Other people typically ban Kha, Fizz, Ryze, Morgana, and Lucian. I agree with these bans (except Morgana), but Yi can deal with all those guys so I don't ban them.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Baldbeard posted:

I really hope they do a round of sweeping nerfs/buffs to shake up bot lane lineup this coming season. Going up against (or getting shoe-horned into) your 4th or 5th Cait/Morg or Lucian/Blitz combo in a row just gets really tiring.

Support: You land Q. Does target have flash? If yes, return to bush. If no, congrats on the kill.
ADC: Did your support land a Q? If yes, dump on target. If no, return to farming.

When the hell did Blitz become flavor of the month support? I mean, I love him, but I'd argue that poke/disengage supports like Nami, Janna, Sona are all way higher on the priority list than Blitz.

Also if you hate a Blitzcrank/Whatever lane (I typically see these in the form of Vayne/Blitz lanes) and you're support, just pick Leona. Put yourself in a position where if they want to do anything, they have to grab you, and then you can freely dive onto Blitz's ADC and make their life misery. I can safely say that when I'm playing Blitzcrank the last thing I want to see in the other lane is a Leona because it basically means that if they aren't completely brain-dead, they'll make it impossible for me to do anything worthwhile.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Methanar posted:

Riven? What

ya but shes getting popular again and she'll get nerfed again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

Baldbeard posted:

That's because the heal meta is so safe its sickening. I hate the loving heal meta and I'm taking ignite on Draven from now on.

• Locked thread