Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The whole thing is kind of ridiculous.

Renee Young is probably not a racist.
Her costume is probably a little backwards and offensive.
That probably wasn't intentional but she'll never know it unless people tell her it's offensive.
She should probably just absorb that information and adjust her thinking a little.
Some people probably take it too far.
Some people have a really weird over defense of the right to "be racist".

It shouldn't be this complicated. I used to say "retarded" but then a bunch of people yelled at me and told me it was offensive. Eventually it sunk in and made me feel bad so I stopped saying it. That's how it works.

Also I tip well so my bartender better be leaving me insulting messages in my beer foam. If you got that flair than put it on show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Top Bunk Wanker really taking some scalps in this conversation

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

STAC Goat posted:

The whole thing is kind of ridiculous.

Renee Young is probably not a racist.
Her costume is probably a little backwards and offensive.
That probably wasn't intentional but she'll never know it unless people tell her it's offensive.
She should probably just absorb that information and adjust her thinking a little.
Some people probably take it too far.
Some people have a really weird over defense of the right to "be racist".

It shouldn't be this complicated. I used to say "retarded" but then a bunch of people yelled at me and told me it was offensive. Eventually it sunk in and made me feel bad so I stopped saying it. That's how it works.

Also I tip well so my bartender better be leaving me insulting messages in my beer foam. If you got that flair than put it on show.

Lot of probablys and shoulds in that paragraph. Lets stick to the facts.

Fact 1: Renee young hates indians.
Fact 2: Renee young still liked their fashion sense and honored them by wearing their clothing.
Fact 3: Jhon Cena

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Yeah that was dumb in hind sight, I was reading old issues of Powerslam at the time that stated that Vince was throwing around racial slurs a lot around 2008 due to being mad about Obama at the time.

Don't see what that has to do about wearing native Americans stuff for Halloween, though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You know, if you think about it, John Cena's whole gimmick is basically racist.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Mickie james an Indian outfit for the divas costume contest at cyber Sunday.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

oldpainless posted:

You don't get it, that was a different time man.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Holy poo poo, I haven't laughed this hard in a really long time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

oldpainless posted:

She's part native american but this doesn't matter because who loving cares, how is arguing about what a white girl is wearing ending racism in America or whatever the gently caress people think this is doing.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u

Alain Post posted:

You know, if you think about it, John Cena's whole gimmick is basically racist.

Winners aren't a race

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I was also really, really hosed up for most of 2011 so I imagine there's worse posts than that from around then. Ugh.

Just gonna say that social attitudes are changing, people are more sensitive to these sorts of things what with the Redskins thing and that you probably shouldn't wear stuff like that anymore. Rene doesn't deserve any abuse but she should have known better.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

I was also really, really hosed up for most of 2011 so I imagine there's worse posts than that from around then. Ugh.

Just gonna say that social attitudes are changing, people are more sensitive to these sorts of things what with the Redskins thing and that you probably shouldn't wear stuff like that anymore. Rene doesn't deserve any abuse but she should have known better.

This is 100% correct and I don't understand why it is at all controversial here.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sexy women have been dressing up in sexy ethnic and racially inspired costumes for as long as I've been noticing. But they should probably just stick to dressing up as sexy municipal workers and or fictional characters. The world's evolving and it's getting very easy to be ripped to shreds on social media for offending some folks (and becoming easier to offend folks on a broader scale). It's best to just adapt.

No one will be hurt besides a few fetishists. And the Internet has them covered too.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
More wrestlers need to tweet on the weekend

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

edit:
i just realized he's wearing a stardust shirt under the jumpsuit

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Is that a plastic mask? You couldn't do some face paint? It's not a complicated design. I couldn't do Goldust's but Stardust is easy.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
That dude owns hard

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

STAC Goat posted:

Is that a plastic mask? You couldn't do some face paint? It's not a complicated design. I couldn't do Goldust's but Stardust is easy.

That's Sting, actually. He didn't want people to possibly recognize him, which they would if he had just painted his face.

Mystery Opponent posted:

That dude owns hard

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Not Sting. He's not wearing a t-shirt over his ring gear. Sorry, I'm too sharp for that.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
How big is fatdust's dick

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Shima Honnou posted:

imo racism is dumb, just like this derail

You posted the wrong Kevin Nash tweet

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

You posted the wrong Kevin Nash tweet

Someone needs to do a youtube series like Seinfeld's "Comedians with Cars and Coffee", except its "Wrestlers with Waffle House".

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

edit:
i just realized he's wearing a stardust shirt under the jumpsuit

this is cody isn't it

e: also jesus christ "dressing up like a native american stereotype is offensive" shouldn't be a controversial statement

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alouicious posted:

e: also jesus christ "dressing up like a native american stereotype is offensive" shouldn't be a controversial statement

I don't think a lot of people realize just how insanely racist and inaccurate those costumes, and how native americans have been portrayed in all media since we came to America and started murdering them all, is. Probably because unless you live in a few specific states you're about as likely to meet and interact with a native american as you are a yeti. It's a weird disconnect people have.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

TheJoker138 posted:

I don't think a lot of people realize just how insanely racist and inaccurate those costumes, and how native americans have been portrayed in all media since we came to America and started murdering them all, is. Probably because unless you live in a few specific states you're about as likely to meet and interact with a native american as you are a yeti. It's a weird disconnect people have.

I hear if you screech three more times about this, you'll unlock the Valiant Martyr achievement.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I hear if you screech three more times about this, you'll unlock the Valiant Martyr achievement.

Why are you so mad about this? I'm not "screeching" about anything. Everyone like you gets all pissed about "SJWs" or whatever the gently caress, but then you all act like you're being attacked and triggered or whatever the gently caress yourselves when anyone brings any issues like this up. The amount of insecurity and the victim complex is kind of amazing.

E: And that's not to mention the weird "you're only doing this to look good" thing that you just threw out at me that a lot of people do. Are you so incapable of basic human empathy that you can't understand that maybe some people actually care about other people? Do you think it's impossible for a man to be a feminist? Do you think that all of the white people in the civil rights movement were just trying to impress people with how cool they were? You loving weirdo.

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 2, 2014

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

please move on, holy poo poo.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

quote:

johnny blast @thejohnnyblast · Oct 21

i love the fact that there are still fat baseball players. Wish there were still fat wrestlers...other than myself that is #fatboy

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bartolo Colon is proof that the world is still a wonderful place.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Someone send him some pictures of Chris Hero.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rest in piece The Stro :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ks8kRd3Vy0

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MRT you fucker if he were dead Dave would have reported it by now.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

what do you get when you put 64 white people in a room

a full blooded native american

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

quote:

@luigisteelvamp
@WadeBarrett do you know where to get nexus stuff these days?

Bad News Barrett @WadeBarrett · Oct 30
Heath Slater keeps it all in his garage. Just hit him up

quote:

i Alex Riley @AlexRileyWWE · Oct 25
I wish I could see at night

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I love when wrestlers tweet!!

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
Wade Barrett ripping on Heath Slater and teasing Papa Shango returns both continue to be my favorite thing on Twitter.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Edwardian posted:

Wade Barrett ripping on Heath Slater and teasing Papa Shango returns both continue to be my favorite thing on Twitter.

Does Wade Barrett even still wrestle, or is he running an elaborate insurance scam now?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Wade Barrett took a page from Christian but decided to go ahead and skip the decade of actually wrestling and just be on the DL 90% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

oldpainless posted:

Wade Barrett took a page from Christian but decided to go ahead and skip the decade of actually wrestling and just be on the DL 90% of the time.