Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Inzombiac posted:

As crazy good as the D6 may be, Cain will always be my default. Never having to worry about pills and almost always winning games of chance is matvelous.

Well, if I get an arcade my current run time will extend by 20 minutes.

I like Cain because while I like Isaac and Judas, Cain doesn't start with a really good spacebar item like those two do so I wind up with more varied runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Captain Vittles posted:

Just in time for Rebirth, I have finally achieved Dark Boy! The game only thinks I've gotten 93/97 secrets, though, so no plat god yet. I know I've gotten those secrets before (I've been at 96/97) and I know why it's doing this (stupid flash and cookies affecting how the game works), so I'll just have to re-unlock the missing secrets to get plat god... I sure hope I don't need to find Ultra Pride again.

This happened to me too. I normally don't care about achievements in games, but I liked and played this game enough to get there only to be robbed.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tracula posted:

One thing they really need to address in Rebirth is the D6. Unlocking it is a challenge but Isaac is just too loving good with it. I could see giving him the D20 to reroll hearts and keys and stuff to give him an advantage but turning The Poop into Mom's Knife (extreme example) is way, way too powerful.

Why does it matter if it's strong? You have to play the game on... 8 other characters now to 100% it? Let the Isaac and Cain be easy-mode. There's plenty of difficulty with other characters.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I like the D6 because it let me finish off the item sheet easily.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

flatluigi posted:

Flash doesn't have controller support, joy2key was an actual suggestion not smug elitism

It does since this year. It started off kind of bad though. Aside from the wonderful expansion pack BoI isn't the kind of game to get bug fixes, let alone new features.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Just to check, but I've seen a few places say that this'll only be free on PSN+ for the PS4. Nothing for us PS3-owning paupers?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Just to check, but I've seen a few places say that this'll only be free on PSN+ for the PS4. Nothing for us PS3-owning paupers?

PS4 and Vita

It's not available for the PS3.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They've also teased about it coming to Wii U and 3DS eventually.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Heran Bago posted:

It does since this year. It started off kind of bad though. Aside from the wonderful expansion pack BoI isn't the kind of game to get bug fixes, let alone new features.

So do you think that means things like the pony exploit will still be in Rebirth? You know, where if you don't move or hit any of the arrow keys you're invincible, and you can still use the mouse to attack without activating the charge?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to keep stuff like that in the game just for kicks.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Choco1980 posted:

So do you think that means things like the pony exploit will still be in Rebirth? You know, where if you don't move or hit any of the arrow keys you're invincible, and you can still use the mouse to attack without activating the charge?

The game was rewritten from the ground up. There's no reason to suspect it will have the same glitches.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Met posted:

The game was rewritten from the ground up. There's no reason to suspect it will have the same glitches.

Then again, it IS Nicalis.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
PS4 Trophy List - 59 in total. 2 silvers, 2 golds.

All the no-damage achievements are back... and now there's one for The Chest/Dark Room. So that'll be fun. :cry:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

quote:

Eve
Beat 2 levels in a row without picking up any hearts

Interesting

quote:

Samson
Beat 2 levels in a row without taking damage

Very interesting!

quote:

Azazel
Make 3 deals with the devil in one run

(and then the other ones for beating bosses with him)

Extremely interesting!

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
Samson achievement makes me think that he'll be the first character many returning players unlock. Even considering the new enemies and smoother controls as a factor.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

ChibiSoma posted:

All the no-damage achievements are back... and now there's one for The Chest/Dark Room. So that'll be fun. :cry:

God drat it.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

http://tyrod.com/post/101300147014/so-im-totally-new-to-ps-and-i-saw-rebirth-was-free-on

quote:

zachscarroll asked: So I'm totally new to ps+ and I saw rebirth was free on ps4, but does that mean it's free on vita or do I need to buy it? (Which is something I'm totally fine with, just curious)

One more time:
IF you have a PS+ membership both the PS4 and PS Vita version of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth will be included in your subscription

IF you don’t have a PS+ membership. Each version is purchased separately.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Don't remember if it's been announced, but that list has an achievement for a Boss Rush mode, I wonder what it'll exactly be like

Well, just over two days left until the game unlocks on Steam, pretty excited.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ChibiSoma posted:

PS4 Trophy List - 59 in total. 2 silvers, 2 golds.

At least there's no no-damage achievement for Sheol or the Cathedral!

Doesn't seem to be a "beat Blue Baby / mystery dark room boss" achievement for any chars either, though, except for the Lost Poster.

. . . Suddenly I'm incredibly worried about what the Lost Poster will be.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
A poster advertising "Binding of Isaac 3DS!".

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Oh wow, a lot of new characters.

Eden, The Lost, Azazel, Lazarus...

Is the trophy the unlock method?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Is the trophy the unlock method?

It is for Cain and Maggie, so I don't imagine it isn't

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Does it unlock everywhere at the same time or will some vpn fuckery be possible to play it a couple hours earlier?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'm super psyched about the psn thing. The origanal binding of issac was one of those games I though was pretty good but wasn't the type of game I wanted to get super into playing on the pc. With a brand new version coming on the vita it can be the new splunky for me.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DrManiac posted:

I'm super psyched about the psn thing. The origanal binding of issac was one of those games I though was pretty good but wasn't the type of game I wanted to get super into playing on the pc. With a brand new version coming on the vita it can be the new splunky for me.

I wish Vita actually had games so I could justify a purchase of one. BoI seems like a really good game to play on a Vita.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Does it unlock everywhere at the same time or will some vpn fuckery be possible to play it a couple hours earlier?
No idea, but I'll be giving it a shot tomorrow.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Maybe we'll get lucky and "no damage" means "no red heart damage" for the achievements. That's what I hope anyway.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

IMJack posted:

Maybe we'll get lucky and "no damage" means "no red heart damage" for the achievements. That's what I hope anyway.

Unlikely, seeing as ??? exists.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

IMJack posted:

As someone who got Platinum God? No, gently caress that. gently caress that. I want the game to give me its loving worst. :unsmigghh:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

IMJack posted:

Where's the fun in that?

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
The no damage achievements were pretty easy tbh, just stop taking so much damage. Looks like Rebirth might be a bit harder difficulty wise in general though.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Isn't that how they are in current BoI? if they arent then holy poo poo i have no idea how i managed to get those cheevos.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Here's hoping there are even more "an exploding enemy spawns directly next to the door" layouts.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Isn't that how they are in current BoI? if they arent then holy poo poo i have no idea how i managed to get those cheevos.

Basement and Caves were piss-easy until Wrath came out. Womb wasn't too bad either, probably third easiest.

Depths was always the hard one but the Wrath version made it incredibly difficult.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

IMJack posted:

As much as I'd loooooove for that to be the case, it would make farming achievements with ??? a bit too easy.

Edit: Beaten by a mile

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Flight, Brimstone and damage upgrades.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

We Need to Go Deeper/XL floors and Emperor

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Glad this is finally coming to console, because my PC is mouse powered and suffers when the bullet-hell bosses get going.

In relevance to the original, if anyone wants to see just how badly you could break the original BoI Xaiter and some other folks in his LP pulled the game to pieces.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Ah, thank you. I remembered that LP but I Forgot who did it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I like the D6 because it let me finish off the item sheet easily.

D6'd Isaac also makes the harder no damage achievements manageable, by making a flight item easier to get. In my opinion it was a good design choice to include a re-rolling item to balance the heavy RNG dependency of some parts the game.

Platinum God club :colbert:

limited posted:

In relevance to the original, if anyone wants to see just how badly you could break the original BoI Xaiter and some other folks in his LP pulled the game to pieces.

This was one of the most amazing LPs on this forum ever.