Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

CheeseFactory posted:

This game is pretty bad. I could write a lot of words about why but it might just be best to experience it for yourselves.

Please write at least four paragraphs explaining why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude
I play like poo poo - Anyone wants to die with me? Add Uxzuigal to Steam.

On a side note, awesome performance - 60fps with all details maxed 4K resolution on SLI 970, no microstutters or delays (One would think most games did but nope.)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

CheeseFactory posted:

This game is pretty bad. I could write a lot of words about why but it might just be best to experience it for yourselves.

Try getting good.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
It feels like Blops 2 on speed

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

is it modern warfare bad, modern warfare 2 bad, modern warfare 3 bad, black ops bad, black ops 2 bad, or ghosts bad?????

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

We're all dead and Call of Duty is our ironic Dante-esque punishment for eternity. Embrace it.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

ethanol posted:

is it modern warfare bad, modern warfare 2 bad, modern warfare 3 bad, black ops bad, black ops 2 bad, or ghosts bad?????

for something to be as bad as ghosts.. it needs to come laced with ebola.. and AIDS... and a punch to the dick.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bagpuss_UK posted:

gently caress yeah. :catdrugs:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

ethanol posted:

Holy poo poo, best way to gauge without a bunch of bullshit.

Everyone who is playing right now, answer the question to this scale.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

for something to be as bad as ghosts.. it needs to come laced with ebola.. and AIDS... and a punch to the dick.

I'm glad I quit Ghosts before the Ebola-AIDS-Dickpunch DLC.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Soul Glo posted:

I wanted to ensure Day Zero edition so I can play on my day off work!

Add SA Soul Glo, fellow poopsockers.

Best buy has the same poo poo.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
loving halftime in domination :mad: Games feel like they last about 2 minutes as well

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Don Lapre posted:

Best buy has the same poo poo.

Ok

A Dire Weresloth posted:

Wasn't even in the Season Pass. Bullshit.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
I remember one of the cods mixed the dlc maps with the stock maps so if you didn't own the dlc you just got booted whenever a dlc map popped up. Good times.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Don Lapre posted:

I remember one of the cods mixed the dlc maps with the stock maps so if you didn't own the dlc you just got booted whenever a dlc map popped up. Good times.

I think Battlefield 3 did this.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Please post your KD along with your essay.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

I think Battlefield 3 did this.

bf4 still does this, except you just flat out can't join any servers with a single dlc map in the rotation

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

ethanol posted:

bf4 still does this

lol what a piece of poo poo

hipster goku M.D.
Dec 26, 2008
I've recently made two stellar decisions: buying an Xbone and this game. I picked up Ghosts on the PS4, and I guess that's all I have to say to sum up my experience with it. Add me. GT: Stephenitely (formerly hipster goku/Isaac Brock/Saint Nic Cage etc)

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Pubbies still ignore flags in domination. Unless they are on the enemy team, then they try.

Just had someone on the other team go 48-6 on a 1 bar ping. Died every single team to what felt like a single bullet every time I came across him :sigh:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

hipster goku M.D. posted:

I've recently made two stellar decisions: buying an Xbone and this game. I picked up Ghosts on the PS4, and I guess that's all I have to say to sum up my experience with it. Add me. GT: Stephenitely (formerly hipster goku/Isaac Brock/Saint Nic Cage etc)

You should buy this on ps4 as well

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9axpBpxfw6Y

:911:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Who?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

lol what a piece of poo poo

It's a server side setting and the server has icons denoting which DLCs are active, you can easily filter which server by what DLC you have and there's a large selection of vanilla still.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

A Dire Weresloth posted:

yeah i made it to like the 9th prestige and at that point Titanfall and the console split killed it.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Apparently doubletapping reload gives you a fast reload but chunks the ammo left in your magazine

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
I have no idea why the heavy weapons exist.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Carecat posted:

I have no idea why the heavy weapons exist.

There hasn't been a good LMG since MW2.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Soul Glo posted:

Counter point: Blops 1 had CHUGGA CHUGGA and blops 2 had the L-Sat and HAMR.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Soul Glo posted:

Ghosts M27? I probably got half my KEMs with that thing.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Has there been much said about what the future-y stuff adds to the game?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Ghosts had an extremely overpowered LMG that could be silenced with no damage or range penalty.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Republicans posted:

Has there been much said about what the future-y stuff adds to the game?

Laser shotguns.

Probably some other stuff, who cares.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Soul Glo posted:

Black Ops 1 and 2 LMGS are great.

:colbert:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

venutolo posted:

Ghosts M27? I probably got half my KEMs with that thing.

That too. Shortly after we all quit the M27 with a silencer and thermal sight became the number one weapon in game. You could not play one game without seeing at least three of them.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Soul Glo posted:

Try the XMG, it's hilariously inaccurate unless you deploy and make yourself an easy target.

The EM1 is legit good as a hip fire laser at least.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Don Lapre posted:

World at war.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Sound good to me. I have to imagine with the new movement abilities tuning the TTK was rather difficult, though it sounds like it's a little on the fast side.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
Jesus Comcast, get your poo poo together. I'm only at 60% downloaded so far. Looks like I wont be on until tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Soul Glo posted:

Try getting good.

Ive got a xim4 and a 5+ kd in the past 3 cod games. But like i said, feel free to try it out and let me know what you think.

• Locked thread