Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Worth every penny :pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

Next gen gaming.

I believe it.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Looks like legit texture streaming bugs (didn't load in?) - the Xbone version at least doesn't have any of those textures.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Soul Glo posted:

lol my Gamestop broke street date by 20 minutes. See ya online, nerds.

Are Newfies still a half-hour ahead in their own special :downs: time zone?

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
http://getandroidapp.org/applications/entertainment/78968-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-1-0-486.html

Follow the links they have if you can't find it in the Google play store

E: goddamnit I can't make an awful emblem for myself until I play a match of some sort. This app is stupid

Quabzor fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 3, 2014

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
CoD Advanced Warfare: Max PC settings

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Alteisen posted:

http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/call_of_duty_advanced_warfare_review.html

Review from a site that gives no fucks about embargos apparently.

8/10 if you don't wanna read

They "bought the game privately" long enough before it was released to play the whole thing? Lol when they get blackballed by Activision.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Looks like legit texture streaming bugs (didn't load in?) - the Xbone version at least doesn't have any of those textures.

Xbone version had to be gouraud shaded with no textures to reach 900p

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Why are people saying not to buy this on PC? I also have an Xbone but which version should I actually buy?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Totalbiscuit said the PC port (graphics wise) isn't poo poo, so there's that. He's usually one of the ones who'd rip it a new one if it was even slightly bad.

Still not holding my breath. It'll take a miracle for me to want to purchase Call of Duty 4: Remake version 6 (or 7 or whatever number it is).
edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1g2XGnN2jM

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Slanderer posted:

They "bought the game privately" long enough before it was released to play the whole thing? Lol when they get blackballed by Activision.

Considering they weren't getting a review copy till release day I don't think they are losing much.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Hazdoc posted:

Totalbiscuit said the PC port (graphics wise) isn't poo poo, so there's that. He's usually one of the ones who'd rip it a new one if it was even slightly bad.

Still not holding my breath. It'll take a miracle for me to want to purchase Call of Duty 4: Remake version 6 (or 7 or whatever number it is).
edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1g2XGnN2jM

Anidav posted:

Why are people saying not to buy this on PC? I also have an Xbone but which version should I actually buy?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

if you have an xbone, it seems like the clear choice as more people will play it there even if the port is good

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

ethanol posted:

if you have an xbone, it seems like the clear choice as more people will play it there even if the port is good

Didn't ps4 ghosts outsell the bone?

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Don Lapre posted:

Didn't ps4 ghosts outsell the bone?

Anidav posted:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ethanol posted:

This is actually up for contention now. It's roughly 50/50 Just going by the spreadsheet last I checked. (last night when I added my name)

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
Good thing that it only takes half a second to kill someone because that's about as long as you see someone on the screen before they fly away.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ethanol posted:

Yeah, even if the port ends up being great, the PC version will likely be a ghost town. I doubt I'd play this over Planetside 2, even if I got this for free.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Slanderer posted:

I've seen AW streams since friday, games been out for awhile depending on what store you got it from.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

What's everyone's plans when they can't play in 2 minutes?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

can somebody post a pic of their gamestop line

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

jabro posted:

my thought exactly.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

jabro posted:

I mean, I have booze.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

HOLY poo poo IT LOADED IMMEDIATELY

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

PSN wouldn't let me preorder during the last 10 minutes. Fun. Why Sony, why? :(

edit: got it! weeeeee!

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 3, 2014

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I got one of those rubber wristbands at Gamestop with my game. It says GAMESTOP POWER TO THE PLAYERS.

Guess I know what I'm wearing on my next date.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
PSN times out when I try to join a party. Yay

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Finster Dexter posted:

Too many people are trying to get into the Evolve alpha that finally started kinda working.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Finster Dexter posted:

playstation notwork

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

NEXT.

GEN.

EMBLEMS.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

People are just saying not to buy this on PC because there has never been a COD PC port that wasn't a disappointment whose community died off in under 2 months. Maybe the port is really wonderful, I don't know/who cares

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Basically zero install time on PS4

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I think I got screwed by the preload glitch. It's just sitting there saying "Updating 100%" and not going anywhere.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Knifing/punching is insanely overpowered in this.

Went up 5 ranks in one match by just punching people.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Still installing. Has anybody used grenades effectively? They were worthless in Ghosts.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

PLay female in multi and have an orgasm every time you get shot.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
I'm on the Xbone if some one wants to party.
Gt Kenny powerzzz

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Grenade indicators are hilariously huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I don't own a console so gonna buy this poo poo on pea sea.

• Locked thread