Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's probably happening, but not until 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

TheJoker138 posted:

Have they ever made a PC version of any WWE game? Why would it have dire implications for them to continue what has always been done with them?

That Xbox game WWF Raw came out for PC.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Unless someone made a really good edit, looks like there's a PC version to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDgECsIZe-Y
We can consider this authentic. Confessing to grabbing his babysitter's sweet can? What a scumbag

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Basic Chunnel posted:

Because canceling a port over bad development or bad sales forecasts both involve a lot of wasted money and give publishers cold feet, noted forums poster TheJoker138
You sound super informed and knowledgeable.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

It's probably happening, but not until 2015

The real thing to be worried about is whether it will be a port of the new version or the last-gen version.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

The real thing to be worried about is whether it will be a port of the new version or the last-gen version.

this is definitely true, also if it has online play or not because there have been a lot of afterthought PC ports through the years that have lacked it while the console versions didn't

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The PC port 2k did of NBA 2k15 is really good and the same as the current-gen console versions, but the NBA team is way better at making games than the WWE team.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I'm always kind of amused that Mike Salmon (the sports guy for Game Players back in the day) is now the Chief of Research at 2k. He always seemed like more of a hockey guy than anything, though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

OctoberCountry posted:

It would be the current gen version, because the architecture the Xbone and PS4 run on is the same that PCs work on. It would be easier and cheaper to port it than the old one.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

At least I can pretend he's CM Punk. :unsmith:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

cams posted:

You sound super informed and knowledgeable.
It's pretty basic poo poo. You cancel a project if it can't return investment. Cancelled projects of any kind aren't good for contracted companies. You see it all the time in game development.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Basic Chunnel posted:

I've never known the official Korean ratings board to be hoaxed. The board and 2K both would nip it in the bud were it a fake. And it's not even like trademarking where they put it in writing just to cover all their bases on the possibility that they might produce it at some point in the future. If they submitted it for a rating it's because they intend to release it.

It's possible they could change their mind about releasing the PC version even as they've taken such steps, but such a decision would have dire implications for the entire series. They haven't relayed info because the release is at least 2 months away from the next gen's release

It was also used in the pre-Summerslam promo shot for 2k15, FYI. So it's not just a Korean ratings board that used it - an official WWE promo used it too.

I can still see how that could be some intern using a template to plug in the box art without knowing PC wasn't an option and a bunch of miscommunications along the way, but I want to believe.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I believe before or after 2011, THQ had planned a PC version(it might have been standalone) yet it was canceled when I believe THQ shutdown the studio in charge of developing the game. I don't think 2k is about to go into THQ levels of poo poo, but something must be up.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
I am guessing that they will probably release the PC version in March/April 2015 since they probably assume it will be largely pirated and delaying even announcing it will maximize copies of the console versions being sold.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Going to go into an Epic KOTR Final with a 48-1 record. What's extra irritating about that 1 is that the loss was to someone who didn't even make the bracket stage and my team were relatively fresh for it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's also possible that there is a time-exclusive window for the console versions.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I just figured out how the rivalry system works now and it's… pretty cool? I mean I definitely miss the text-speech of No Mercy and the like, the scenes they use now are pretty weak, but it actually allows something vaguely like storyline booking. Example: at Payback Seth Rollins won a 4-way match to take the U.S. title off Shaemus. After that ppv a slot opened up on the rivalry list, so I activated a championship rivalry designated for a heel champ and a face challenger who had previously fought for or held the title, in which the chickenshit champ would desperately start trying to stack the odds. Anyway, the next RAW had a #1 contender match for another shot at the U.S. title (convenient!) and Shaemus beat the Miz with Rollins at ringside. Apparently this is the start of a monthlong feud. It's also a "beginning" feud, so once it's done there will be a "middle" feud and then an ending, if I choose to select them.

They can also branch, I think - I could have Shaemus lose the first rivalry segment (not directly, since there's still kayfabe in this game) then have him go on the offensive in the second or have him get frustrated and turn heel. If it wasn't clear before, a lot of stuff is gated based on alignment. There are face/face and heel/heel storylines.

I'm sure the bloom will come off the rose as it becomes apparent how the broad pantomime cutscenes are being used and reused to tell different stories, but the core concept is actually really good. If they develop it over the next few years it could become something special. I'm guessing that some of the unique rivalries (only ones I've had revealed to me so far are Cena v. Taker and Cena v. Punk) could have unique content, but I haven't checked. Maybe this is why memory space is so tight?

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 2, 2014

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Also during this match King/Cole were talking about how hard Miz had worked for a shot at the US title. I haven't heard them speak to the specific circumstances of a match like that before. Maybe something to do with the storyline? Sorry Miz, back to the low(er) card with you.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Also during this match King/Cole were talking about how hard Miz had worked for a shot at the US title. I haven't heard them speak to the specific circumstances of a match like that before. Maybe something to do with the storyline? Sorry Miz, back to the low(er) card with you.

Do you happen to know if any of these storylines work with CAWs? I seem to remember 2K14 having some of its storylines only kick in with regular superstars, so running a CAW-focused universe got real boring real quick.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

There look to be some rivalry storylines that only work with CAWs. For example there's a "rookie debuts" storyline that I don't imagine would work with a main roster guy

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

pretty stoked they finally brought back a CAW storymode (even if its only for Xbone & ps4 versions). gonna take Dad Strong STRAIGHT to the top!

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

super macho dude posted:

pretty stoked they finally brought back a CAW storymode (even if its only for Xbone & ps4 versions). gonna take Dad Strong STRAIGHT to the top!

Makes me wish I had an Xbone or PS4.

Anyone else have their saves and CAWS suddenly delete for no good reason on the 360? I finished all my NXT and about halfway through Punk/Cena and then poof gone. No updates done or whatnot. Rusev vs Ziggler was a pain to complete fully (with all objectives met I mean) and I hope I don't have to do this again.

edit: One thing makes me sad. For the CAW I can't choose Takers music or entrance. The only other entrance my CAW ever uses is the Brood. That isn't there either. I miss N64 No Mercy.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 3, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

super macho dude posted:

You mean I can't build toward a big push for the young new rookie upstart John Cena?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Von_Doom posted:

Makes me wish I had an Xbone or PS4.

Anyone else have their saves and CAWS suddenly delete for no good reason on the 360? I finished all my NXT and about halfway through Punk/Cena and then poof gone. No updates done or whatnot. Rusev vs Ziggler was a pain to complete fully (with all objectives met I mean) and I hope I don't have to do this again.

edit: One thing makes me sad. For the CAW I can't choose Takers music or entrance. The only other entrance my CAW ever uses is the Brood. That isn't there either. I miss N64 No Mercy.

They took out the Brood entrance? Booooooo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

They took out the Brood entrance? Booooooo.

They took out most of the left over actual wrestler entrances out.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

You mean I can't build toward a big push for the young new rookie upstart John Cena?
Considering new outfits count as CAWs I'm wondering if you couldn't make hungry new upstart Nega John Cena. Shame you can't give him a Van Dyke.

Anyway on Friday they apparently said that the career mode will span 15 years and include face and heel paths. 15 years from NXT to the Hall of Fame doesn't seem like a lot unless you're, like, Edge or something.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Considering new outfits count as CAWs I'm wondering if you couldn't make hungry new upstart Nega John Cena. Shame you can't give him a Van Dyke.

Anyway on Friday they apparently said that the career mode will span 15 years and include face and heel paths. 15 years from NXT to the Hall of Fame doesn't seem like a lot unless you're, like, Edge or something.

I wonder if the ending of it is just winning the title at wrestlemania.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It ends at the Hall of Fame. They've said as much

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I would think it would end with you retiring and then a scene where you are inducted into the hall of fame at some future point where you haven't aged at all for some reason.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Basic Chunnel posted:

You can give him a lot of awful tattoos and trashbag pants though.

Come to think of it, you can now make Nega John Cena using Darren Young...

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

cams posted:

I would think it would end with you retiring and then a scene where you are inducted into the hall of fame at some future point where you haven't aged at all for some reason.

You could edit your caw to get older as you progress.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Perigryn posted:

You can give him a lot of awful tattoos and trashbag pants though.

That's something they're missing with the NXT mode: Years of indie wrestling for 20 people in a gym before WWE offers you a developmental contract because the internet won't shut up about you, at which point you forget 90% of your moves and have to adapt to a slower paced mat style under a hilarious new burping ice cream man gimmick.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The best thing in SuperCard was seeing a dude whose username is YAPPAPIE a week or so using Ultimate Warrior and then saw him pop up again today with a Hulk Hogan card as his avatar. He found his muse :unsmith:

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

harperdc posted:

The best thing in SuperCard was seeing a dude whose username is YAPPAPIE a week or so using Ultimate Warrior and then saw him pop up again today with a Hulk Hogan card as his avatar. He found his muse :unsmith:

I haven't played the game for a while, but last time I did i saw a user named Chinatown and he had Jake as his avatar.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDkC811zIis

:drat:

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

oh boy that looks awesome.

However I predict alot of dick face CAW's

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
AH man please be server side and not client side. Brave move 2k! :allears:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I tried importing Rowan's lamb mask in the EA UFC game and it kept breaking. This gives me hope.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Well poo poo. That is pretty interesting.

And it looks like next gen still has at least some of the old entrances. They briefly showed the cell phone entrance.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

VoLaTiLe posted:

oh boy that looks awesome.

However I predict alot of dick face CAW's

Samoa Joe isn't that popular anymore.