Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Conot posted:

gimmick of extreme mobility

"gimmick"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starsiege:_Tribes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Add me poverty box players, GT is AchyHippo

Hope enough of us are around. :smith:

Let me know how well it runs on 360. Like if there's any noticeable performance issues.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

afkmacro posted:

Jfc very dumb. I bought it on pc too fyi. More pics of dorito pants and less "lol pc posts"

Of course you got it on PC it's the only place you can hack AFKmarco :argh:

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Just got this for PC and literally experiencing the same stuttering that I have seen in every call of duty on multiple pc builds, awesome stuff.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
You know the campaign's "challenges" are designed for consoles when you complete every single "headshot" challenge within the first two missions. KB/M too stronk.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Fallows posted:

Just got this for PC and literally experiencing the same stuttering that I have seen in every call of duty on multiple pc builds, awesome stuff.

Knifegrab posted:

All PC players:

:siren:There are two settings in your advanced video options, these settings are:

-Cache Sun Shadow Maps
-Cache Spot Shadow Maps

SET THESE TO OFF!

This will eliminate the poo poo textures in game and should alleviate a significant amount of hitching/freezing.

:siren:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Anybody wanna party up on the Bone?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I am online and at the multiplayer menu right now.

you on bone? add me bruh. i'll be on as soon as ups decides to saunter by

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
this wont run on my acer laptop

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Conot posted:

So I'm having trouble with aiming and hitting. This is weird to me because I managed to do so more then well in Titanfall, which had a similar gimmick of extreme mobility, and I didn't do too badly in Blops 2, the last of the series I played, but now I'm finding myself missing even the NPCs, frequently getting murdered, let alone in multiplayer. Should I be aiming for low or high sensitivity, and what are some tips for actually... you know, hitting dudes?

Lower your sensitivity. If you have it real high so you can turn really fast, that's probably loving you up. The TTK is low enough that if you're getting shot in the back it doesn't matter how quick you can whip around to face your attacker, you're gonna die anyway.

Aside from that, just practice. Or getting a XIM if you're a console player.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Republicans posted:

Make your life easier and buy a XIM4.

Has there been any consensus on using the BO2 or Ghosts config while we wait for the AW settings?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Right, but I mean is it like... buy a 12 pack to unlock Dew Pants, or do you choose what you want from your codes?
Edit: I wouldn't actually drink or eat the Dewritos so I'm curious how much money I'd have to waste if I wanted to get this stuff.
One code unlocks one thing, be it boots or 15 mins of 2XP or whatever. You can't choose but it's one thing per code

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BabelFish posted:

Has there been any consensus on using the BO2 or Ghosts config while we wait for the AW settings?

They seem to be a matter of preference, although if you're playing on next gen I don't think you have a choice in the matter since BO2 isn't on PS4/Bone.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

sba posted:

loving poo poo ports.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

BabelFish posted:

Some people like BO2 but most seem to say Ghosts is snappier. No harm loading up both and seeing which you like better.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
If you blend the Dewritos together and post a video you drinking it to YouTube, Sledgehammer will give your next-of-kin all of the unlocks.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

univbee posted:

They seem to be a matter of preference, although if you're playing on next gen I don't think you have a choice in the matter since BO2 isn't on PS4/Bone.

You can still use last-gen profiles on current gen platforms. I used the Halo 4 profile before they made a proper one for Destiny.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Where are you scrubs, I ain't playing this poo poo by myself all night :colbert:

I'm currently partaking in an event Americans call "work." In said event, I perform menial tasks in exchange for something we call "dollars" and after a specific length of time I am "allowed" to go home.

I'll be on in 45 minutes and hopefully I'll have all night.

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Love the Phil Spector Wall of Sound shotgun.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

GET MY BELT SON posted:

you on bone? add me bruh. i'll be on as soon as ups decides to saunter by

Aren't we already friends from Xbox 360?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

sba posted:

Dude, you're getting a dell

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I keep inviting you jerks and no one joins :argh:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I'm stuck at work designing post cards and web banners so someone please compile a build that involves a semi-auto marksman rifle and whatever has been resulting in the highest rage mic ratio then post it here. thanks in advance

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
If I took the last release and threw it like a frisbee but I thoroughly enjoyed BLOPS, should I buy this game?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

It's probably the best Call of Duty since Modern Warfare so maybe?

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
There is some very impressive cutscene stuttering. I'm guessing they saved every frame as a bitmap or something.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009
Trip report from some connection testing.

10 PS3 games I had host in 8/10, the 2 I didn't host were 4bar games.
10 PS4 games I had host in 0/10, 9/10 were 1 bar the other was a 4bar.

Both my playstations are wired. I don't know what the hell is going on. Just happy I got the digital version for both.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
This game is really fun. I've played a few matches and pebbles trying to camp is hilarious. They alway go to the same spots but the maps have so many opening it's easy to just scoot on back there and blow them up.

Running exo muffler, blind eye, and low profile means I like never show up on radar unless I want to. Is swapping low profile out a good idea if I have a launcher on me?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Aren't we already friends from Xbox 360?

yea i think so. i just hadn't seen you on in about 20 years

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Online on PS4 if anyone wants to play.
BostonZombie

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Hell all you fuckers I (NighthandTSB) sent invites to on xbone, accept damnit.

I'm updating this new console so I can play in a bit, and I know more than five of you are online.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Bolow posted:

Of course you got it on PC it's the only place you can hack AFKmarco :argh:

I wish but my hax subscription ran out. Getting wrecked by these no-scope mountain-dew chuggin' kids.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Is there a point to the clothes I'm finding with timers attached to them? Do they have temporary stat boosts or are they only cosmetic?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
really enjoying the verticality of this game

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
Got a good couple hours into it. Spawns seem very reasonable for the most part.

Also that Lazer gun does pretty low damage but it's just so drat convenient that you don't have to reload.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
Finished the Single player...

meh.

I had more fun playing with the goons last night shortly after launch. There was more shooting, less terrible feels for characters you know will die and no dramatic plot twist like every other loving call of duty before hand.

Call of Duty is the Dan Brown of video game franchises.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fibby Boy posted:

Let me know how well it runs on 360. Like if there's any noticeable performance issues.

Can't say I've noticed anything significant, textures seems a bit muddier but that's about it, did some campaign, did like 7 multi matches, ultra smooth.

AND loving 4 BARS FOR ME AGAINST AMERICANS. That made me absurdly happy, actual stable connection.

Conot posted:

So I'm having trouble with aiming and hitting. This is weird to me because I managed to do so more then well in Titanfall, which had a similar gimmick of extreme mobility, and I didn't do too badly in Blops 2, the last of the series I played, but now I'm finding myself missing even the NPCs, frequently getting murdered, let alone in multiplayer. Should I be aiming for low or high sensitivity, and what are some tips for actually... you know, hitting dudes?

I think due to the verticality stuff they altered the aim assist, its not as severe as it was on other versions, probably because if it magnetized you to someone when they're boosting you'd never hit anything.

Time to either buy a XIM or learn to shoot better. :sweatdrop:

Campaign owns, I love the little upgrade system for the suit.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Baron FU posted:

Trip report from some connection testing.

10 PS3 games I had host in 8/10, the 2 I didn't host were 4bar games.
10 PS4 games I had host in 0/10, 9/10 were 1 bar the other was a 4bar.

Both my playstations are wired. I don't know what the hell is going on. Just happy I got the digital version for both.

I only played a few matches on PS4 last night but each one was kinda squirelly, connection-wise. Every time I'd check the score board almost everyone was 1-bar'ing except for one guy and maybe another guy 3-bar'ing.

On the other hand, it seemed to play remarkably well. I only had maybe half-a-dozen spluttering involuntary "FUGGIN BULLSHIT" moments. Once on the map that has a hanger with a plane in it, I was shooting a guy from on top of it. He started shooting back so I went prone, and a full second later (after he was out of my sight and presumably not hitting me) I died. Also plenty of moments with the shotguns where I'd hit a guy multiple times point-blank, full-on, and still not get the kill. Then again maybe the shotguns are just horseshit in general.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Biaga posted:

Finished the Single player...

meh.

I had more fun playing with the goons last night shortly after launch. There was more shooting, less terrible feels for characters you know will die and no dramatic plot twist like every other loving call of duty before hand.

Call of Duty is the Dan Brown of video game franchises.

hey biaga lets play more tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

dreffen posted:

hey biaga lets play more tonight

hell ya, I still have to join (Tit)fall is better.

• Locked thread