Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

PunkBoy posted:

And it looks like next gen still has at least some of the old entrances. They briefly showed the cell phone entrance.
That was the ONLY one they kept apparently!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Perigryn posted:

That was the ONLY one they kept apparently!

Wait seriously?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

PunkBoy posted:

Wait seriously?
Yep. That's one of the things everyone is pissed off about with the last gen version besides the lack of custom soundtrack and create modes. But they were nice enough to leave them with 100 caw slots...

Apparently it's because they used an actual WWE size ring for the mocap this year and so would have to redo a LOT of entrance animations from scratch due to possible clipping issues....still doesn't explain that goddamn phone entrance making it in....

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 3, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

New People's Champion is Hogan v Andre.

Hoping this means lots of 80s cards.

e: also here's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDkC811zIis

Sockser fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 3, 2014

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Sockser posted:

Hopefully they will have a legendary Savage v Steamboat too.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Sockser posted:

...OK, that looks pretty awesome. Makes me wish I had any kind of design skills whatsoever.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Sockser posted:

Goddamn it, 2K! Just give me my Overgiver HBK! :argh:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Nega John Cena may actually become reality

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Nega John Cena may actually become reality

Darren Young?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

smashpro1 posted:

Darren Young?

racist :colbert:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

No, he said NEGA. As in someone who negs. Darren Young is a notorious pick up artist.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TheJoker138 posted:

No, he said NEGA. As in someone who negs. Darren Young is a notorious pick up artist.

I mean I guess it makes sense that Darren Young is trying to neg John Cena. :gay:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Yeah so this will make higher end CAW work(like recreating vidya game characters and such) way better and easier, no more 100 layers of paint to recreate poo poo, I am now even more hype.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Come on PC release...

EDIT: Is this game rated M for mature? It should be with this kind of language... wonder if anyone at 2K or at WWE realized what Fandango said here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pItrdF2HJ_M
PG Era is loving symmetrical.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 4, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What? He said "I'm talkin' symmetrical".

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah so this will make higher end CAW work(like recreating vidya game characters and such) way better and easier, no more 100 layers of paint to recreate poo poo, I am now even more hype.
I do wonder if this means that guys like Ryder who didn't make the cut will be posting high-rez photos on twitter. If it actually works as well as in the video there's gonna be some amazing CAWs out there. Also explains the limit of 25 (it's still stupid, let me fill up my HD if I want to.)

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I'm somewhat sated by all this HD talk. As much as I'm someone who will always use every possible CAW spot, the possibility of finding some charming Christmas illustrations and then uploading them for Ultramantis Black's tattoos sounds awesome.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

sticklefifer posted:

What? He said "I'm talkin' symmetrical".

Not what I heard. He should talk like a normal person does. I've heard his interview with Colt Cabana so maybe that's not helping since he dropped f-bombs left and right on there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The People's Champion rewards all suck, nothing new or unique again (aside from Hogan/Andre).

e: for those who don't want to/can't look it up here's the breakdown

Special - Hogan/Andre
Legendary - Rey/Eddie
Epic - HBK/Razor
Ultra Rare - Macho/Jake
Super Rare - Hogan/Andre
Rare - 'Taker/Yoko
Support (varying rarity) - Universe/Chair

You can also get 1x UR Warrior/Rick Rude in a couple of the reward tiers

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 4, 2014

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

IcePhoenix posted:

The People's Champion rewards all suck, nothing new or unique again (aside from Hogan/Andre).

e: for those who don't want to/can't look it up here's the breakdown

Special - Hogan/Andre
Legendary - Rey/Eddie
Epic - HBK/Razor
Ultra Rare - Macho/Jake
Super Rare - Hogan/Andre
Rare - 'Taker/Yoko
Support (varying rarity) - Universe/Chair

You can also get 1x UR Warrior/Rick Rude in a couple of the reward tiers

Oh. Thank God! Now I don't have to take part in this People's Champion. Last one was annoying as poo poo having to keep my score up to get a legendary Cena that I could pair with the one I already had. I don't have a Rey or Eddie so I'm fine. I've also got enough Legendary pros that I can get more by sandbagging KoTR.

I do feel bad about sandbagging KoTRs though. I just need to get a Diva pair and then I'll stop doing it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

If hulk is winning I'll go for the UR Macho pair since that'd be an upgrade for my team but other than that I'm skipping this event.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Skunkrocker posted:

Not what I heard. He should talk like a normal person does. I've heard his interview with Colt Cabana so maybe that's not helping since he dropped f-bombs left and right on there.

"Talking like a normal person" isn't exactly something most wrestlers do.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
WWE2k15 question: how is the gameplay for the PS3/360 versions? Is it an improvement over recent years?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

WWE2k15 question: how is the gameplay for the PS3/360 versions? Is it an improvement over recent years?

It is the exact same game as 2k14 gameplay wise. There is literally nothing changed from last year's version, just a couple of new animated moves (not many) and a couple extra OMG moves.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Happitoo posted:

Oh. Thank God! Now I don't have to take part in this People's Champion. Last one was annoying as poo poo having to keep my score up to get a legendary Cena that I could pair with the one I already had. I don't have a Rey or Eddie so I'm fine. I've also got enough Legendary pros that I can get more by sandbagging KoTR.

I do feel bad about sandbagging KoTRs though. I just need to get a Diva pair and then I'll stop doing it.

I know what you mean, I have three legendary pros including a diva, two of which I got from getting to finals in KotR in consecutive tournaments. Today I am just trying to get to quarter finals in hopes of getting a double of one of the five other legendaries I have so I can make it pro.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm in a weird place where I now have the cards to make a team of entirely legend pros but no real reason to level them much past the point of 'slightly better than a maxed epic pro/PCC legendary'. Playing PCC mode doesn't really get any easier for me with good cards (though legend+ exhibition mode is very easy to coast through now with 3 legend pros + 2 commons) as it is basically a time + money sink, so I'm at a loss for what to do next after I finish pro-ing my last legend pairs.

I guess I should maybe look toward completing my card albums.... But trying to get ~80-100 SRs URs and epics feels like it would take forever through KOTR and piss off a lot of people trying to level up while doing so.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Blasmeister posted:

so I'm at a loss for what to do next after I finish pro-ing my last legend pairs.
On iPhone just hold down the icon until it wiggles, hit the red X on the icon, confirm your choice, and hit the home button to stop the wiggling.

I don't know androids, sorry but google might help

hth

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I thought UR Pro Daniel Bryan/Edge/Randy Orton/Brock Lesnar/AJ would be enough to get me to Legendary tier, but not quite :(

I'm 30-1 in an Epic KotR with that crew though so hopefully I'll get a pro Epic and get over that hump.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!

triplexpac posted:

I got a pair of Epic Rey cards, which bumped me up to Legendary tier and got me a Legendary Kane card.

Since I got to Legendary, I've received 7 KOTR boosts in a row when I've cleared the board and nothing else. Good times.

Same happened to me, with a pair of Epic RVDs, and it gave me a Legendary John Cena around the same time. So I threw them all into another KOTR, wrecked poo poo, and got an epic pair of Steph McMahons (cards, though she does have an epic pair).

I'm 31-8 (3rd) in a KOTR at the moment, just hoping I can hang on just to make the finals (I don't care if I win or not, just want the epics) as the #1 has me beat. As long as we aren't paired up in the lower rounds I'll be good I hope.

I don't know why everyone's ragging on 2K. They can keep 2K15, Supercard makes up for it. :colbert:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

There's enough people sandbagging my UR KotR that I can't qualify with my 3x UR sandbag team

One dude is rocking a legendary Ambrose.

AlbertRayon
Sep 9, 2004

Hey, hey what can I do? I got a woman, she won't be true.

Sockser posted:

There's enough people sandbagging my UR KotR that I can't qualify with my 3x UR sandbag team

One dude is rocking a legendary Ambrose.

I thought I was sandbagging a lower level epic KOTR with 5 UR Pros, but there are others with multiple Epic Pros and Legendaries. I've done about 8 Epic KOTRs so far and have been crushed in the quarter or semi finals every time but once. I have one Epic Pro diva from the one time I managed to sneak into the finals, but it's a long slog until I can get another pair or two. I did manage to qualify for Legendary exhibition with my 5 URs, but got a Ladder as my free card. I know it's good for the long run, but isn't helping me win KOTRs now.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yeah I'm at the point where I am just entering Legendary KOTR and just hoping to get two Epics that match at some point. Can't come close to making the brackets but the guaranteed Epic is nice.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If you're sandbagging you need to get your bar as low as possible. I've been doing it in epic with four UR PRO and an Epic and have gotten to the finals four out of five times since I started doing it.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

IcePhoenix posted:

If you're sandbagging you need to get your bar as low as possible. I've been doing it in epic with four UR PRO and an Epic and have gotten to the finals four out of five times since I started doing it.

I've been sandbagging legendary KoTR in what I think is the worst way possible. I start with 3 legendary pros maxxed out, and a legendary pro that I just combined. Once the KoTR starts and I've had the first match I max out the 4th legendary pro with cards I've stockpiled. Everything else is just common cards.

Reason being is you end up getting put into a KoTR based on what level your cards are when you start, not the max available for the cards. So you'll end up that much stronger vs. your opponents who are sandbagging with their strongest cards maxxed out already.

Only problem I'm facing now is that I'm all out of maxxed out Epics to dump on my legendary cards, so I'm having a hard time figuring out how I'm going to do it for the next KoTR once the one I'm currently in finishes. But the 2 times I've been able to do it thus far I've rolled over everyone. Even those that were sandbagging themselves.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I already have a Legendary Rey, so I need one from PCC to Pro up.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

Holy poo poo I hate waiting another hour after winning KoTR to get my cards. I already spent 7 hours going through the brackets, just give me my loving cards.

Edit: Ugh... Still no Diva. Not that I've had bad luck with what I got in the 4 Legendary KOTR I've won thus far (Shawn Michaels, Booker T, Batista and Undertaker) but I just want a woman damnit!

Happitoo fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 5, 2014

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Happitoo posted:

Holy poo poo I hate waiting another hour after winning KoTR to get my cards. I already spent 7 hours going through the brackets, just give me my loving cards.

It's always so nice when everyone finishes their round in two matches like a gentleman, instead of dragging it out to three matches. I mean that's just rude.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Happitoo posted:

Edit: Ugh... Still no Diva. Not that I've had bad luck with what I got in the 4 Legendary KOTR I've won thus far (Shawn Michaels, Booker T, Batista and Undertaker) but I just want a woman damnit!

Are you saying that you wanted a woman, and you couldn't find a woman?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I got my first epic pair...and it's Chris Jericho. Could've been worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

ZDar Fan posted:

Are you saying that you wanted a woman, and you couldn't find a woman?

A good woman is hard to come by :(