Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did this come with free trials for Live like usual?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Did this come with free trials for Live like usual?

Apparently yes. Also they apparently don't work and Microsoft is trying to figure out why.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Baron FU posted:

Trip report from some connection testing.

10 PS3 games I had host in 8/10, the 2 I didn't host were 4bar games.
10 PS4 games I had host in 0/10, 9/10 were 1 bar the other was a 4bar.

Both my playstations are wired. I don't know what the hell is going on. Just happy I got the digital version for both.

I thought this lovely franchise was supposed to have dedicated servers on Xbone and PS4.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

univbee posted:

Apparently yes. Also they apparently don't work and Microsoft is trying to figure out why.

Okay well, anyone have a spare non-working code that will presumably eventually work?

My brother's Live ended today and he's poor.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Finster Dexter posted:

I thought this lovely franchise was supposed to have dedicated servers on Xbone and PS4.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

afkmacro posted:

I wish but my hax subscription ran out. Getting wrecked by these no-scope mountain-dew chuggin' kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U362EJ5dvL0

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius
I wanna say I read somewhere that it's that weird hybrid system where it'll try and connect to a dedicated server if possible but if it's taking too long it'll default to P2P like usual.

Seemed to me the few matches I played last night where all P2P unless for some reason it was connecting us to a server in Alaska and there happened to be one guy playing in Juneau.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Fallows posted:

Just got this for PC and literally experiencing the same stuttering that I have seen in every call of duty on multiple pc builds, awesome stuff.

New Nvidia drivers fixed it, game is awesome!

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Welp P2P is garbage as usual at release. 1-2 bar games everywhere, dying in a loving nanosecond to everyone sitting in corners with silenced ARs and whatever the Assassin equivalent is.

Back to Destiny and Mordor, will try again later if they patch it.

]-[ate_Sandwich
Nov 27, 2000
That's a bummer about the PC playerbase. This is the first COD game I've gotten on PC since I hated the idea of dusting off my 360.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

dreffen posted:

Tactilol to the max

This was several pages back but reminded me of this:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Bagpuss_UK posted:

dying in a loving nanosecond to everyone sitting in corners with silenced ARs and whatever the Assassin equivalent is.

Hi and welcome to a Call of Duty game.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
friendly reminder that you actually have to think about how you play this game if you don't want to die sprinting around every corner on a map

Chappy
Feb 12, 2002

wooom wooom vroooom ksh ksh vooom
All you new people add c beastwood on xbone

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Hi and welcome to a Call of Duty game.
Yes I have never played Call of Duty before and have nothing to compare it to, this is totally new to me :rolleyes:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

friendly reminder that you actually have to think about how you play this game if you don't want to die sprinting around every corner on a map

Also use the sideboost, catches people off guard a lot.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I can confirm that you can quickscope with the RW1. :allears:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
so uh. Don't change video settings mid mission. Game crashed and reset to the ending cutscene.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

" posted:

-[ate_Sandwich" post="437191820"]
That's a bummer about the PC playerbase. This is the first COD game I've gotten on PC since I hated the idea of dusting off my 360.

To be honest the issues aren't nearly that terrible. Come and play with us tonight and at least you can gently caress around with some goons before you dust off your 360 and shell out another 60$.

Steam name is Biaga.

On a side note, is there a Goon COD group on steam?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Uplink is a cool mode for cool people who like dunking on fools.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Aren't we already friends from Xbox 360?

no, because someone decided to get drunk and defriend everyone one night.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Lol you just told Mr. UK Moab how to play cod. It's going to be a good year!

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

no, because someone decided to get drunk and defriend everyone one night.

pretty sure fallin doesn't drink that much

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
I fixed the weird PC mouse lag by slamming my GS400s really hard after someone killed my CoD operator. My mouse wheel can only scroll downwards now, but the lag is gone.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Zombie Boat posted:

Lol you just told Mr. UK Moab how to play cod. It's going to be a good year!

dilligaf

'drat camping scrubs with silenced weapons' pops up every single time someone starts a new cod and I would have thought adapt players would know how to handle problems like that by now. sorry mr. uk moab if I upset you.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Wait you can grind the weird diablo guns for xp? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Aviators come from supply boxes

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

dilligaf

'drat camping scrubs with silenced weapons' pops up every single time someone starts a new cod and I would have thought adapt players would know how to handle problems like that by now. sorry mr. uk moab if I upset you.
Me? Upset at a Call of Duty game? :laugh:

Please tell us how you adapt to handle people sitting in dark corners/windows staring at flags 90% hidden from sight on graphically busy maps where it's pretty hard to make out people at the best of times, using guns that can kill you before you can blink never mind get in to cover/return fire?

Shrinkage
Oct 23, 2010
Do I really have to install two separate 40GB installations if I want to play both single player and multiplayer?

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Don't worry: I've got the moon covered...
No, SP and MP share files.

chajusong
Oct 18, 2002

Shrinkage posted:

Do I really have to install two separate 40GB installations if I want to play both single player and multiplayer?

No. MP is 36~ and SP is 6.8.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Me? Upset at a Call of Duty game? :laugh:

Please tell us how you adapt to handle people sitting in dark corners/windows staring at flags 90% hidden from sight on graphically busy maps where it's pretty hard to make out people at the best of times, using guns that can kill you before you can blink never mind get in to cover/return fire?

:gitgud: is how

Shrinkage
Oct 23, 2010

Raithe posted:

No, SP and MP share files.

chajusong posted:

No. MP is 36~ and SP is 6.8.

Thanks.

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007
Is there atleast 2 player splitscreen on the xbox one version? Can you play two to people to a console online like the previous CODs?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So like, how many maps are there in MP? I feel like in a day of playing TDM and FFA, I've seen... oh... (generous guess) five?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I like how the guy shouts ELITE in a deadly serious way when I've randomly won a shiny new pair of trousers. Oh, and the shotgun that goes BWWAAARP when you fire it.

I haven't powerstomped anyone to death yet. Must try harder.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Feenix posted:

So like, how many maps are there in MP? I feel like in a day of playing TDM and FFA, I've seen... oh... (generous guess) five?

If that's a problem I've got good news: If you buy the Season Pass you can get access to a new map RIGHT NOW!

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I haven't powerstomped anyone to death yet. Must try harder.

Instead of Shock Plant the heavy shield needs Shock Stomp. That would be fantastic.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 4, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sw0cb posted:

Is there atleast 2 player splitscreen on the xbox one version? Can you play two to people to a console online like the previous CODs?

Yes.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Republicans posted:

If that's a problem I've got good news: If you buy the Season Pass you can get access to a new map RIGHT NOW!

Well, I wasn't really saying it was a problem. I was asking how many maps there were. It could just be that the luck of my rotation has been that I've only seen a few. (Or that different modes have other maps.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Everyone on PSN add me squarpushr

• Locked thread