Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Nighthand posted:

Soul Glo, I couldn't hear a word anyone was saying in those games, sorry. My headset didn't play voice at all and apparently requires a kinect to use as a mic, so it's worthless.

Also my internet went to poo poo for a minute so I dropped out.

It's cool. I was worried it was my mic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

This poo poo's fun, guys.

Also doritos 2XP + day 0 2XP = level 16 in less than a half hour.

Blast suppressor was the first thing I put on when I unlocked it because why wouldn't you.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Yeah, something's up with voice chat not working. I have two mics and Esk can't hear me on either. I couldn't hear dudes earlier, but I think they could hear me then?

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Haven't played COD since MW2.. Do I get anything from single player that I can use in multi or are they silo'd? Basically I want to jump straight into multi if it's not rear end backwards.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah, something's up with voice chat not working. I have two mics and Esk can't hear me on either. I couldn't hear dudes earlier, but I think they could hear me then?

My problem is I'm trying to get 360 mics working with the chat adapter and it's a piece of poo poo, but if the game's voice chat is hosed up too that would be icing on the goddamn cake.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Good lord Uplink on Detroit owns.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Soul Glo posted:

It could be a NAT problem. I wasn't able to chat with Hogfatherjake at all (on the 360) until mine was reset to Open again.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Mister Macys posted:

It could be a NAT problem. I wasn't able to chat with Hogfatherjake at all (on the 360) until mine was reset to Open again.

Mine's open. A guy heard me earlier, for sure, cause he responded when I said something about supply drops.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
played through the first chapter of campaign.. and I gotta say.. the story has got me intrigued.

dare I say...

:raise:

excited to see what happens?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
Just hit first prestige, you get to pick a item to carry over like previously cod's and an extra slot and back ground cards.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Customfresh posted:

Haven't played COD since MW2.. Do I get anything from single player that I can use in multi or are they silo'd? Basically I want to jump straight into multi if it's not rear end backwards.
No they are separate.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Roman posted:

Also doritos 2XP + day 0 2XP = level 16 in less than a half hour.

This will never stop being hilarious

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

Mine's open. A guy heard me earlier, for sure, cause he responded when I said something about supply drops.

I could hear you earlier but obviously you couldn't hear me. Who knows.

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

played through the first chapter of campaign.. and I gotta say.. the story has got me intrigued.

dare I say...

:raise:

excited to see what happens?

I thought the single player was drat good right the way through. I'll definitely now give veteran a run through just to really piss myself right off though.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

we are truly hosed if smart grenades are actually a thing somebody is trying to make

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Anyway to unfuck the audio desync in cutscenes on PC?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

What was the point of preloading this if I have to wait 2 more hours to play? The double xp was today only too, right?

Spoz
May 25, 2006

So what does the best weapons seem to be so far? The BAL and AK both seem super solid, but the 3 round faux burst and slowing ROF one seems kinda bad.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Spoz posted:

So what does the best weapons seem to be so far? The BAL and AK both seem super solid, but the 3 round faux burst and slowing ROF one seems kinda bad.

Heavy Shield with Fast Melee

Orv
May 4, 2011

Spoz posted:

Death by wub is the only viable option.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The different lasers you get from supply packs have different color lasers. There better be a Rainbow Wub Laser Party at some point.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I tried out those akimbo LMGs for about... 12 seconds, but I'm pretty sure you could aim at the ground and still miss 3/4ths of the time with the shot spread on those things. I'm pretty confused about why they exist when they can't actually hit enemies.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Nighthand posted:

I tried out those akimbo LMGs for about... 12 seconds, but I'm pretty sure you could aim at the ground and still miss 3/4ths of the time with the shot spread on those things. I'm pretty confused about why they exist when they can't actually hit enemies.

Did you bother to lockdown?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nighthand posted:

I don't even have the game and I can confidently say it's because they own pretty hard style wise.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I did, but then I'm just a sentry gun with no accuracy that can be killed in two bullets because this is CoD. I dunno, maybe I'll play around with it in dom with a group another time. Solo it's just not worth the effort to try to set up.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rayjenkins posted:

Did you bother to lockdown?

At which point he immediately died before firing a round. They're just bad.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

The Iron Rose posted:

Anyway to unfuck the audio desync in cutscenes on PC?

Currently, as far as I'm aware, no. What I did is as soon as a cutscene started I brought up my steam overlay. This pauses the game as soon as the cutscene ends. Then I save and quit to the main menu, and I click "resume game" and it starts the mission again but this time with the audio synced correctly.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

just played three ground war games with the boys and other than the laggy last game it was quite fun

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

It's 2014 and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare owns.

however, game chat seems to be not working

also, the xbone color space setting or whatever fixed the blacks on my monitor, thanks for that.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 4, 2014

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I'm pretty sure shotguns are garbage in this game, but drat if it doesn't feel real good to pop one in a dudes face mid-air.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
XMGs suck, but Akimbo Vectors are pretty hilarious for Momentum. Think of them as sort of projecting a 10' cube of bullets, useable twice.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

OneDeadman posted:

I'm pretty sure shotguns are garbage in this game, but drat if it doesn't feel real good to pop one in a dudes face mid-air.

The bulldog owns (on some maps). It just needs a bigger drum magazine.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Played for 5 hours straight and went from total poo poo to ok. Already better than Ghosts. I did much better after I unlocked the KB5, or got one in a Supply Drop or whatever happened. That + Exo Stealth has been pretty good in Dominion for me.

I got into the Clan but my PSN is Static_Rook if any other PS4 people want to play and be horrible with me.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

This game is pretty fun

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Spoz posted:

I saw someone on Reddit call for the IMR (four-round-burst assault rifle, prints its own ammo) to be banned from league-play so, having never used it before, I foolishly burned my first prestige token on it and unlocked it with prestige 1.

My first match, I killed 51 people and got to level 9, and also unlocked the gold skin (since I didn't have any attachments).

It was pretty good.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
We've got 4 looking for some more on PS4. IM_DAY_DAY_IRL

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

IGN gave it a 9.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqlqRnz1oHQ

8 on Gamespot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q49oi73hCZs

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Soul Glo posted:

It's cool. I was worried it was my mic.

I actually couldnt hear you at all when we were playing. I could hear other people. Weird

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

PC players come join mumble and play!

Reticulated Splines
vx38.commandchannel.com
Port 31463

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Diggin single player. It's my first CoD game, and this is pretty cool. Love the double jump and jetting around. Feels like Planetside 2 and Tribes but toned down a tad.

• Locked thread