Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whalebat
Oct 31, 2010
Yam Slacker
So Sword Art Online is suddenly working on the PSTV now. When I first got the system a few days ago the game didn't work, but I heard rumbling over the internet that it had started working all of a sudden only if you hit the refresh button on it's Vita screen. I did that, waited a few seconds, and it's working now. It's weird, though, it didn't ask for a patch and what's more, I'm pretty sure I read a tweet saying that the the developers weren't going to patch the game for compatibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Anyone know if the vita firmware menus on that Asian vita tv are in English?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

straight jerkers posted:

Anyone know if the vita firmware menus on that Asian vita tv are in English?
My Japanese Vita TV supports all the usual languages.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
For those of us who are holding our breath for a Ys patch update in the US, you may die from suffocation.

quote:

No, of course not. We want this game to work on PSTV as much as you all do, believe me.

Unfortunately, we're dependent on Falcom to make that happen, and it just... hasn't yet. And there's no indication if or when it will.

We're continuing to pursue it, and will continue to pursue it from here on out until such time as it happens or we melt away into the ether... but if you're hoping for PSTV support on Celceta anytime soon, I'm afraid your hopes will likely go unanswered, as it's definitely not on the immediate horizon.

Sorry I don't have better news for you!

-Tom

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Some good news: another update for Sound Shapes now properly give it PSTV support. :toot:

And no, it did not add more silver trophies.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

TheKingOfDastards posted:

So Sword Art Online is suddenly working on the PSTV now. When I first got the system a few days ago the game didn't work, but I heard rumbling over the internet that it had started working all of a sudden only if you hit the refresh button on it's Vita screen. I did that, waited a few seconds, and it's working now. It's weird, though, it didn't ask for a patch and what's more, I'm pretty sure I read a tweet saying that the the developers weren't going to patch the game for compatibility.

It's also listed in the PSTV store and in the "What's New" section on the PSTV itself so I think that's confirmed. :woop: EDIT yup, SAO and Sound Shapes are both working now.

Apparently Binding of Issac doesn't work, though. :negative:

univbee fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 5, 2014

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Harlock posted:

Play-Asia has a white Vita TV (Asian Version) for $77 shipped to the US. People on other message boards say you can still access US PSN with it though.

http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-vita-tv-paOS-13-49-en-70-77lt.html?ref=sp_797&sc1=N282039271?affiliate_id=16202

With Sony's latest firmware update to the VitaTV, the Asian Vita TV can also access the US PSN Store!
Here's how to do it:
1) Hook up your Vita TV, and create an Asian PSN account (any timezone is fine).
2) Download the lastest firmware update (3.35) from your Vita TV.
3) Go to Settings -> Format -> Restore This System
4) Sign in with your US PSN Account
5) Enjoy!

I just got this delivered. Plugged it into the TV and it told me to plug in my controller and press the PS button, hooked up a fresh DS4 with a micro-usb cable, its orange light began to pulse. Hit the PS button and absolutely nothing happened. Any ideas what the gently caress is up with that?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Early firmwares only supported PS3 controllers, perhaps yours is too old to support PS4 ones. Plug in a PS3 controller and see if that works, if yes perform a system update and see if PS4 works after that.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Early firmwares only supported PS3 controllers, perhaps yours is too old to support PS4 ones. Plug in a PS3 controller and see if that works, if yes perform a system update and see if PS4 works after that.

Don't have one. :v:

Thanks sony, for being a dirty liar all across your online manual.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mithaldu posted:

Huh, never even considered this. I think their online manual is technically correct because they're only accounting for U.S. models which are all shipped with 3.18.

I'll add this heads-up to the OP.

univbee fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 5, 2014

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mithaldu posted:

Ask someone to borrow one? That sucks :(

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

univbee posted:

Huh, never even considered this. I think their online manual is technically correct because they're only accounting for U.S. models which are all shipped with 3.18.

To be fair to Sony, they do have models that come with a white DS3 and memory card. The bare model are for those who already have them.

Still can't wait to see how much it sold last week because of this deal. I'm guessing 800 total.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

univbee posted:

You're right. The japanese online manual does only talk about the DS3.

Harlock posted:

Ask someone to borrow one? That sucks :(
Eh, amazon over-night is fine, and i don't mind the expenditure.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Drastic Actions posted:

Still can't wait to see how much it sold last week because of this deal. I'm guessing 800 total.

Numbers are already out, it's actually lower, 718 vs. 795 the week before.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Are you guys saying they sold under 800 units per week? Really? That's the floppiest flop to ever flop.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I doubt very many people know it exists even in a conceptual sense. I bet I could talk to ten PS3/PS4/Vita owners and tell them there's a specialized Vita that you plug into a TV and nine of them wouldn't believe me at first.

edit: or think I'm talking about some cobbled together Hong Kong knockoff thing.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

The_Frag_Man posted:

Are you guys saying they sold under 800 units per week? Really? That's the floppiest flop to ever flop.

Hey, they beat Xbox One. It was a gripping victory, 800 to 600!

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

The_Frag_Man posted:

It's been selling about that every week since launch. That's mostly the reason why the held off on releasing it elsewhere; they were trying to think of other ways to sell the thing.

Which they failed to do.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

Apparently Binding of Issac doesn't work, though. :negative:
The best part of that is the tweets from Tyrone at Nicalis before it was released both promising he would make it for PSTV and showing it running on a PSTV.

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/476480476794728448?s=09

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/479413965450002432?s=09

Drastic Actions posted:

It's been selling about that every week since launch. That's mostly the reason why the held off on releasing it elsewhere; they were trying to think of other ways to sell the thing.

Which they failed to do.
It's such a mess and so unpublicized that it doesn't even appear they're trying. It'll be a fun curio until they finally give up and block it from accessing anything altogether, but this brick is basically dead on arrival. Which is a shame, cause when the PSTV works it actually works nicely, and Vita games look really good on it. The ones you're allowed to play, anyway.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I have the best of luck with this machine.

It's set up now, and having the games on a big screen is gorgeous.

However, on both wire and wireless network it isn't able to get out of NAT3, despite the Vita being perfectly capable of achieving NAT2 on my wireless.

I tried putting it into the DMZ, which made the internet connection test simply say "could not connect to server" when doing the NAT test, but within Freedom Wars it was able to actually connect to a game like that.

Only problem is that the network connection is ridiculously unstable. It keeps disconnecting from PSN, booting me back to the lobby, and also fails with other network functions in FW, which work fine on Vita. The funniest bit was when i managed to get into a game, and the first thing my characters did was fall over dead and despawn. The camera was still stuck in place and i could watch the other players play, but i could do nothing.

Interesting is also that the VitaTV cannot see my wireless when it's on channel 13, which the Vita has no trouble with.

I'm seriously wondering if the VitaTVs on sale on playasia were on sale because they were some kind of early run with ridiculously lovely network hardware. Though i'm not sure that explains the NAT issues, since that is software afaik.

Edit: All of my welp. Rebooting the router fixed the NAT issue. Maybe my router didn't understand what to do with the VitaTV after i set up a static IP for it, and kept trying to run it as dynamic DHCP.
Editedit: The actual connection is still a flaky piece of poo poo and keeps throwing me off PSN.

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 6, 2014

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why doesn't Final fantasy III work? I was hoping of finally having a box to easily play Final Fantasies 1-10 and this is the only one that does not work. :(

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kirios posted:

Why doesn't Final fantasy III work? I was hoping of finally having a box to easily play Final Fantasies 1-10 and this is the only one that does not work. :(

I have no loving idea and it's dumb as hell, they could have hat-tricked every Final Fantasy from I to X-2 but nope.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kirios posted:

I don't know why but maybe it's trying to save you. The DS/PSP version of FFIII is pretty bad.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

univbee posted:

MGS "works" but has to be transferred from a PS3, or from a Vita which previous transferred from a PS3 (or grabbed it during that short window when everything was available).

I'm a bit confused. How can you transfer a bubble from a PS3 to a VitaTV?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

RadicalR posted:

I'm a bit confused. How can you transfer a bubble from a PS3 to a VitaTV?

Download it to the PS3
Copy it to a Vita using content manager
Pop out the memory card from the vita
put the vita memory card into the vitatv

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Download it to the PS3

:stare:

I can just copy it from my Vita, right? :ohdear:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Download it to the PS3

This may work directly to the PSTV without an intermediary Vita, too. Basically you can register your PS3 and PSTV together to use the content manager. Anything you download to your PS3 in install bubble form (including PSP and Vita games/DLC) can be transferred via LAN to a Vita or PSTV.

And if you have a Vita, yes, you'll just have to copy it with the content manager somehow, might need a PC or PS3 intermediately.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
I didn't know I could transfer files via LAN. That actually might be viable for me.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
I think I've been getting input lag with DualShock 4's on native software on this PSTV thingie... I think I may just have to return /exchange it? Seems very prominent on Classics but Vita games like fighters are proving hard to maneuver. Has anyone heard of this?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/530787141974896640?s=09

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/530853192691908608?s=09

https://twitter.com/ShaneWatch/status/530861126892802048?s=09

Looks like there might be hope for all two or three of us who'd like to play Isaac on PSTV.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Wait no Soul Sacrifice in the EU? What the gently caress? Boo.
Edit: Do we know if it's coming?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I've got saves for P4G and Virtues Last Reward on my Vita that I want to move to the Vita TV, but it seems that I can't back them up.
I was trying to use the content manager app to back up my saves to my PC and then copy them to the Vita TV, but it seems that I can't back up the saves.
Am I missing something? According to this you can't back up Vita save games:
https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/95173/backing-up-saves-to-computer-while-subscribed-to-ps

I'm going to be very unhappy if this is the case.

Edit: I have cart versions of these games not downloaded versions.

The_Frag_Man fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 8, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The_Frag_Man posted:

I've got saves for P4G and Virtues Last Reward on my Vita that I want to move to the Vita TV, but it seems that I can't back them up.
I was trying to use the content manager app to back up my saves to my PC and then copy them to the Vita TV, but it seems that I can't back up the saves.
Am I missing something? According to this you can't back up Vita save games:
https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/95173/backing-up-saves-to-computer-while-subscribed-to-ps

I'm going to be very unhappy if this is the case.

Edit: I have cart versions of these games not downloaded versions.

It should still work. You go into the "Vita games" part of the content manager and any game you have an installed bubble for, including cart-based games, should be there (and small, like 1 meg or something). Just backup/restore them like everything else and the save will come with it.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

In the "Vita Games" part I have a entry in there for P4G (it's about 6mb) but no entry for VLR.
However both the bubbles are present in the home screen.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Some games store their save file on the game card instead of the memory card. Try inserting the VLR card and see if it shows up.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The_Frag_Man posted:

In the "Vita Games" part I have a entry in there for P4G (it's about 6mb) but no entry for VLR.
However both the bubbles are present in the home screen.

It might be called Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward in that section or something like that. You're sure it's nowhere on your list?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

univbee posted:

It might be called Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward in that section or something like that. You're sure it's nowhere on your list?

Yeah dude, there's only 1 item in that list and it's P4G. I've only got 2 Vita game bubbles on the system.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The_Frag_Man posted:

Yeah dude, there's only 1 item in that list and it's P4G. I've only got 2 Vita game bubbles on the system.

That is super-weird and I don't remember ever seeing that happen. If you have PS+ you can use the cloud to upload the save, and then re-download it at your PSTV's end.

EDIT out of curiosity does the game say you're ineligible for trophies?

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

univbee posted:

EDIT out of curiosity does the game say you're ineligible for trophies?

Where would it say this? In the trophies app it says I've got 100% for VLR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The_Frag_Man posted:

Where would it say this? In the trophies app it says I've got 100% for VLR.

I guess you're eligible :v:

But if you check in the "information" of the bubble it will say "Trophies: Eligible" or "Ineligible" (ineligible usually means the game card is tied to a different account).

• Locked thread