Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
39-13 with 9 defends and 15 caps and we STILL loving lost.

Only in Call of Duty.

Also pubbies can't handle someone boosting constantly, its like the most retarded dance ever. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
This campaign is good. Caught me off guard.

The multiplayer is fun but boy do I loving blow at it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I actually couldnt hear you at all when we were playing. I could hear other people. Weird

And before I jumped off, a buddy joined my game and we could talk fine, but every time we tried to go into a game, it would immediately push him out of the lobby and throw me into another, separate one, no matter which game type we tried. He could join my lobby, but I wasn't even seeing invites he was sending me.

I think it's likely there's some sort of glitches going on, but it could also just be first day, heavy load wackiness. I'm glad I had a solid 7ish hours of playtime today with no server problems beyond those though.

Game's fun, but I think I do better when I try to play it more like a traditional CoD, saving Exo moves for when I need to get up on a ledge quickly versus just zipping around everywhere and getting blown out of the sky after three seconds. Also not crazy about any of the guns besides the AK12 and one of the SMGs, but these kinda meh guns could get fixed by finding a good Professional or Elite version out of a supply drop, so that gives me hope. Plus I'm only lv 39, there's still some to unlock and try.

I'm sucking too hard to have much of an opinion on the killstreaks just yet, but mostly they seem kinda weak, which probably makes lots of people happy that there aren't constant harriers and poo poo in the sky, but I kinda like that stuff after it's been a few months and I know the game well enough to be the one throwing them up. Only had a few games where I played how I usually do in CoD, right now I'm still kinda lost in these dense maps trying to learn my preferred routes.

I like it though! Feels like a good successor to BLOPS2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Come on Sledgehammer, get those CoD accounts up. I have some dumb as hell emblems I need to get into the game.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I just made a pink Kill Commies, Love Men :thumbs up: emblem with the default stuff and thats all I'll ever need.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Smelly posted:

The multiplayer is fun but boy do I loving blow at it.

I'm slowly getting the hang of it but winning gun fights is completely random at the moment.

The Machinima Man posted:

I saw someone on Reddit call for the IMR (four-round-burst assault rifle, prints its own ammo) to be banned from league-play so, having never used it before, I foolishly burned my first prestige token on it and unlocked it with prestige 1.

My first match, I killed 51 people and got to level 9, and also unlocked the gold skin (since I didn't have any attachments).

It was pretty good.

They need to adjust that gun but I don't want another MSBS situation again. That gun was trash after they nerfed it.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
So, should I get this on PC? I'm just looking for something to fill the Titanfall shaped void in my life.

Reading the thread, it sounds like the gameplay is better than ghosts.

I know most people will probably leave the game in few months, but it's not like that didn't happen to titanfall.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
The best way to balance games is to make other stuff better instead of good stuff bad and unfun.

Also MW2's FAMAS never got balanced, everybody just got gud.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The moment they went on to make another CoD game before balancing the M16 in MW1 all notions of balance went out the window.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Monocled Falcon posted:

So, should I get this on PC? I'm just looking for something to fill the Titanfall shaped void in my life.

I know most people will probably leave the game in few months, but it's not like that didn't happen to titanfall.

Yes. Don't get it on a console like some basic bitch.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

is anybody hearing other players? :(

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Monocled Falcon posted:

From what's been said in this thread, the PC version is already inundated in hacks.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

So I guess Sledgehammer tried knifing in Black Ops 2 and said "We need to make knifing in our game even worse."

Orv
May 4, 2011

Smelly posted:

From what's been said in this thread, the PC version is already inundated in hacks.

Inundated is reaching a bit.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Roman posted:

So I guess Sledgehammer tried knifing in Black Ops 2 and said "We need to make knifing in our game even worse."

I don't know about that. I was knifed through my bullets 3 times in one game. :negative:

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Is anyone having trouble connecting to the advanced warfare servers on xbox live? I keep getting an error message saying "service is unavailable at the moment". It's weird because I can titanfall just fine and activision's website says the servers are at defcon 5 (online)

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Smelly posted:

No it's not, don't over exaggerate, shut up.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

IdealFlaws posted:

Is anyone having trouble connecting to the advanced warfare servers on xbox live? I keep getting an error message saying "service is unavailable at the moment". It's weird because I can titanfall just fine and activision's website says the servers are at defcon 5 (online)

I've been playing all day, apart from a couple hours in the afternoon, and I haven't had any issues at all. Granted, I'm on 360 (so if you're on Bone then there may be something there), but worth mentioning at least.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Roman posted:

As bad as knife lunge can be, it's really frustrating when there's none at all.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

This is probably the best way to play the game. Get an AR, put grenade lanucher on it, then spam superjump everywhere and pretend your grenade launcher is a spinfusor :getin:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
thanks to everyone who played with me tonight and put up with my goofy giddiness and yelling 'OH poo poo I GOT THE BALL. IM GONNA DUNK THIS MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!' while playing uplink. I had a lot of fun. mascot buy a ps4 already :P

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

snodig posted:

Default latency setting in the config file is set to 800, so if you don't want to play with your pals in zimbabwe you should edit it down to around 100. The lag is not that bad, but every other round there's some russian guy with an aimbot spamming chat and killing everyone.

Just going off of what was said here. I play on the ps4 so how the hell would I know?

:colbert:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Double XP has been extended til the end of the launch day.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Im glad others are noticing the weird "lag" issues. It reminds me of MW3's launch where there were some qwirks with lag compensation, they fixed it in the first couple of weeks.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

CheeseFactory posted:

Im glad others are noticing the weird "lag" issues. It reminds me of MW3's launch where there were some qwirks with lag compensation, they fixed it in the first couple of weeks.

I'm glad to see this, because it definitely feels like everything is out of sync. With the increased speed of everything and kill cams you can really see some crazy poo poo that lag compensation is causing.

I was concerned it was just me.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I pegged the game as being Metal Gear esque, but I think a better description is Robocop fanfiction, starring Kevin Spacey. Who generally does a pretty good job with this games material, if I may say so.

Also, I don't care if it is a bad idea, dubstep shotgun and/or boost around like an idiot everyday.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Interesting. I knew this game had a really fast TTK, but yes, now looking at some kill cams I see longer bursts from my enemies, whereas what I experienced in gameplay felt like a quickfire snipe.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Personally I also like it when the maps allow for verticality and hope the future maps offer more of it.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

Feenix posted:

Interesting. I knew this game had a really fast TTK, but yes, now looking at some kill cams I see longer bursts from my enemies, whereas what I experienced in gameplay felt like a quickfire snipe.

That is exactly my experience. It's the horrible net code compacted by the excessive speed boost they've given this one and for the sprinkles on top someone decided to give bullets travel time, in a game notorious for net code issues. Really?

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
You have waaaaay too much health in this game.

We need fall damage, dodge-into-objects damage and one bullet kills (headshot should make the target explode and kill everyone around it as well). It's bullshit that it takes over a second to kill someone.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Feenix posted:

Could be latency but killcams aren't the best for showing this kind of thing. The only info I try and get from kill cams is what corner the prick was hiding in or what goofy line of sight I got quick scoped in.
Edit ^^ wait, bullets have travel time?^^

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Evil Canadian posted:

This is probably the best way to play the game. Get an AR, put grenade lanucher on it, then spam superjump everywhere and pretend your grenade launcher is a spinfusor :getin:

I've been doing this with the default class with a launcher on it, but I've only managed to get a single double kill all day. The time-out for getting both kills for the double kill is tiny.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Mill Village posted:

Double XP has been extended til the end of the launch day.
yessssss :getin:

First time playing COD and boy is it a lot of fun. I'm enjoying the boost jumping/dodging and how it seems to baffle some players who can't aim up when I double jump, turn around, and kill them. Add me on PSN to do some TDM/watch me be bad: Acquilae (no mic atm since I'm still debating on which Astro to get).

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
This is a lot of fun! PC version is running pretty great for me, and I haven't run into the hacks issue yet.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
This game is pretty good. They finally made a good cod game after the last five lovely ones.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I get shot by enemies way before they round corners every time in this. This is the worst I've ever seen this problem on any FPS I have played. It's basically unplayable, by the time I see someones shoulder they've shot me to death.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Goodchild posted:

I get shot by enemies way before they round corners every time in this. This is the worst I've ever seen this problem on any FPS I have played. It's basically unplayable, by the time I see someones shoulder they've shot me to death.

Threat grenade let's you have 'wall hacks'.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
A big part of it is the urge to jump and fly everywhere is getting me murdered a lot. Gotta be more careful.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010

SlayVus posted:

Threat grenade let's you have 'wall hacks'.

Yeah, I know, the threat grenade is alright in MP, but it's not that. I'm literally taking damage a full second or two before they round a corner. It's like they're out of sync with where the game shows them with how fast everything is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
So I've only played 3 or 4 matches but this game feels really cool so far. The double jump and air dash feel really nice and the maps feel like they actually have some decent verticality. Definitely feels more Black Ops than MW, which is great because BLOPS2 was the best cod to date and Ghosts was the worst.

Hardcore mode is pretty sweet too with the mobility plus the things like threat grenades that reduce camping. I swear to god they need to add HC CTF because it's the best game mode ever and was all I played in BLOPS2.

• Locked thread