Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Do the guns you find eventually expire too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So I played an hour or so last night of this (on pc)

Are the textures supposed to be super washed out and blurry?

Like looking at the spinning character in the menu screens, some of his textures are really sharp, and some are from Doom era early 90's

I have everything cranked to max, maybe it's just console'd?

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

Nighthand posted:

I'm going to log in and AFK until someone invites me, maybe play some binding of isaac on the side. Hit me up, broners

thats where i've been for the past half an hour... the invites i do get, dont seem to work. Either way im going to sit here until I fall asleep i guess.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I still really enjoyed Extinction, that mode was a lot of fun for me.
I agree that ghost was terrible though.

Been using the AK-12 a lot and I really like it with a silencer, though it's probably due to the fact I alway go for the AK in every CoD game it's available in.

If anyone wants to add me and make fun of my dumb french accent my PSN is BobBaudoin

Bonby fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 4, 2014

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Started using the parabolic microphone due to the large amount of silencers.

ReformedNiceGuy
Feb 12, 2008
Any chance of an invite now? PS4 FickleAlly.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I didn't like how you had to save up points to unlock attachments for guns in ghost. So if you just burned a bunch of levels in a gun then you end up not liking it at all, you just go burned. I like unlocking things with challenges again. Also Mountain Dew is the nectar of the gods.

Dirk Funk
Mar 17, 2009
I ended up picking up a sealed copy of this for PS4 off Craiglist for $50 against my better judgement (should stop buying Call of Duty games) from some paranoid weirdo so I'll be on tonight. We'll see if I end up selling this one off in a month for one reason or another.

PSN: ZombeeRainbows.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Fibby Boy posted:

Same. Ghosts was garbage.

So from a Ghost was a complete piece of poo poo perspective. Should I go blow $$ on this game on the way home from work tonight?

IE: Is there a loving attack dog that jumps through walls?

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

welp.. if there is any room anywhere on Xbone, toss me an invite.

GT: TehMascot for those who dont know.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

de_dust posted:

Do the guns you find eventually expire too?

The ones that come in supply drops? As far as I know, no. All the ones I've got so far have been mine to keep. Well keep or destroy for XP, but you know what I mean.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Ironsolid posted:

So from a Ghost was a complete piece of poo poo perspective. Should I go blow $$ on this game on the way home from work tonight?
Obviously milage my vary, but there's a nice variety in maps, and TTK is tolerable even on a terrible connection like mine. However, people have found out how to spawn-trap already on a few maps. On the ruins map, one game degenerated in the opposing team just crouched atop stairs and plugging anyone who popped their head out.

One thing that I do wonder about, why is the variable grenade unlocked so early? It seems kind of pointless to have devoted smoke / track / EMP / frag grenades when you can take something that does all of them well before they unlock. :psyduck:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Ironsolid posted:

IE: Is there a loving attack dog that jumps through walls?

I hated Ghosts and I love this game. It's like BLOPS 2 gone crazy. I like overpass too, that gamemode is fun.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Expiring cosmetic items is pretty loving dumb.

ReformedNiceGuy
Feb 12, 2008
Cheers for the invite Carti- wouldn't let me join though.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

I hated Ghosts and I love this game. It's like BLOPS 2 gone crazy. I like overpass too, that gamemode is fun.

Might go get it after work. I do have to pick up my feeders for my tank, so it sounds like a fun night.

Pleads posted:

lol Canadians.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Pleads posted:

Ehhh at least its cosmetics and not actual gameplay affecting things.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Pleads posted:

Blacklight does it and it's extremely annoying but they make a lot of money from people who "rent" cosmetic stuff.

E: actually I don't know if they make a lot of money off it or not.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

So apparently I'm a noob and had no idea how to accept PSN invites until googling it :negative:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The supply drop poo poo is ripe for monetization.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
You can customise some of the reticles on the sights, didn't know that until just now.

Ironsolid posted:

Might go get it after work. I do have to pick up my feeders for my tank, so it sounds like a fun night.

Definitely pick it up. I hated Ghosts too but this game is plenty of fun.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Do we have spreadsheet style numbers yet for the weapon stats?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

afkmacro posted:

Blacklight does it and it's extremely annoying but they make a lot of money from people who "rent" cosmetic stuff.

E: actually I don't know if they make a lot of money off it or not.

The ones you get in Supply Drops all seem to be permanent.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

Feels like Ghosts. Not bad, but

sorry what

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Alteisen posted:

The supply drop poo poo is ripe for monetization.

That's how ME3 MP made all the money. Buy poo poo to buy packs to unlock more poo poo.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait
Is the emblem appreciation station open yet? I want to start posting all the dumb emblems I make.

My first submission:

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Is the text displaying who's currently talking in multiplayer supposed to be loving HUGE and pretty much in the middle of the screen or is something wrong with my game?

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Roman posted:

Looks like foregrip is really good in this game and you should use it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGVnJiZcn-0

Am I crazy or are the windows on the righthand (background) building reflecting the character's arms?

Right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGVnJiZcn-0&t=1m52s

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare: Day Zero Edition (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One) $50 + Free Shipping

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Hey dude game is actually fun and not like ghosts.

Let me know when you're ready to stop being a selfish adult and play video games with your internet buds.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Seymour Buttz posted:

Is the text displaying who's currently talking in multiplayer supposed to be loving HUGE and pretty much in the middle of the screen or is something wrong with my game?

That's just how it is. It hasn't bugged me much, but I'm sure it'll be something that'll get patched shortly.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

JetpackJeezus posted:

Is the emblem appreciation station open yet? I want to start posting all the dumb emblems I make.

My first submission:

im in the process of making Pops from Regular Show.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

With my PC peripheral I find myself unintentionally exo dashing in a direction occasionally. Also I find the whole double tab to dash mechanic clunky; is there or will there be a way to map dashing to a single key? Please? :|

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

turnways posted:

Am I crazy or are the windows on the righthand (background) building reflecting the character's arms?

Right here:

wow it totally is, wonder what is causing that.

Got Haggis?
Jul 28, 2002
Great chieftain o' the puddin-race!

Sappo569 posted:

So I played an hour or so last night of this (on pc)

Are the textures supposed to be super washed out and blurry?

Like looking at the spinning character in the menu screens, some of his textures are really sharp, and some are from Doom era early 90's

I have everything cranked to max, maybe it's just console'd?

yeah, same thing for me....for example the golf course that you run across at camp david...it looks terrible, something out of 90's doom (or at least did for me). someone sent me this link, i'm about to try these settings out to see if they make a difference: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/2l8jlu/call_of_duty_advanced_warfare_fixes_tweaks/

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

turnways posted:

Right here:

Yeah, they are. It's a reflection artifact, probably from either their screen-space reflection code, or from the refmap being scaled too large on the mesh.

Actvision QA Lead posted:

Priority 4, Will Not Fix
Bug Closed

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

SilentW posted:

Yeah, they are. It's a reflection artifact, probably from either their screen-space reflection code, or from the refmap being scaled too large on the mesh.

Where can you check their bug database?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
welp I think I found the most broken build for my retarded suicidal playstyle (lol at the sniper drone)

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/307931

plus it looks kind of neat in action

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Holy gently caress the XMG-1 is a retarded gun. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

I bought the game.

God I hate you guys

PS4N: EvolutionIsAMyth

Edit: Good thing I can't play it. Data corruption after first and second install.

Sigh...

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 5, 2014

• Locked thread