Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!
Aw, why don't the male officer skins look like strippers. This sucks. Give me Stripper Cop Trundle.

Also Battlecast Skaerner :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Just give the modding community time.

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

Observe Me posted:

Aw, why don't the male officer skins look like strippers. This sucks. Give me Stripper Cop TrundleGraves.

Fixed that for you.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Servaetes posted:

FAR MORE IMPORTANT THAN BITCHING ABOUT A CHAMP WE HAVEN'T SEEN YET

:siren::siren::siren: BATTLECAST SKARNER AND BATTLECAST KOG'MAW :siren::siren::siren:
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2014/11/114-pbe-update.html

ok captain volibear yelling at Constable Trundle and Riot Graves and Blitz for messing up in their lanes is legit

Battlecast Kog is SO GOOD oh man this is all great.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
So I mean you can throw thresh out and he can lantern you, such certainly t synergy .

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Loving the cops vs robbers lineup, Captain Volibear :allears:. I wish it was a legendary, the VO would be amazing.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Guys why can't we have a female void monster

With HUGE tits.

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

With HUGE tits.

TEETH, not tits. Proper diction, please.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

AttackBacon posted:

Loving the cops vs robbers lineup, Captain Volibear :allears:. I wish it was a legendary, the VO would be amazing.

Constable Trundle with a british VO would be amazing too.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

With HUGE tits.

female chogath skin mod

featuring MONSTER TITTAY

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

With HUGE tits.

I think the playerbase has matured enough that this is a viable champion

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

oh my goooooooooood :3: :3: :3:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

:3:

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

"Dammit Vi! You're a good jungler but you're too drat reckless! I'm giving you one more gank; screw this up and I'm pulling you off the Rift!"

He's gonna be so gruff yet lovable :3:

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Battlecast Alpha Skarner will be legengdary and cost 1820 rp. But his claws are loving chainsaws!

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

frajaq posted:

oh my goooooooooood :3: :3: :3:

Not a stripper cop bear, would not buy.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

xeose4 posted:

It doesn't work that way, sadly. The ability seems to be designed so that your soul-bond ults after they jump into the enemy team, not before. Works on ults like Galio, Janna, Malphite, Lissandra, Leona, Thresh, etc., but not Fiddlesticks or Nunu.

Why wouldn't Nunu work? Self-toss right in the exact middle of the enemy team, knockup into massive AOE slow that forces you to get the gently caress out, pop a CC on Nunu, or take massive damage. It's excellent zone control, even if he can't charge it up before tossing himself into the enemy. At the minimum you cause a whole load of disruption and chaos.

Fiddles obviously wouldn't work. I think Janna would be a waste tbh, and Lissandra probably doesn't need the initiation help. Galio absolutely would be perfect (and already works in a weird way as a lane support), Malphite works if only because he can double-up on the knockup but he doesn't really need the help.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I don't know about bonding your not-supports though; seems like you'd be trading off a lot of bonus damage in laning to do that.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

still no ultimate skin hype wtf

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

LeJackal posted:

Not a stripper cop bear, would not buy.

Of course he's a stripper! Look how hot he is!!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I will buy that skin if his ult makes a huge comedy taser materialize in his claw

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

Brannock posted:

Why wouldn't Nunu work? Self-toss right in the exact middle of the enemy team, knockup into massive AOE slow that forces you to get the gently caress out, pop a CC on Nunu, or take massive damage. It's excellent zone control, even if he can't charge it up before tossing himself into the enemy. At the minimum you cause a whole load of disruption and chaos.

Fiddles obviously wouldn't work. I think Janna would be a waste tbh, and Lissandra probably doesn't need the initiation help. Galio absolutely would be perfect (and already works in a weird way as a lane support), Malphite works if only because he can double-up on the knockup but he doesn't really need the help.

No, I meant that you couldn't charge up Nunu's ult and then toss him, I'm pretty sure that would interrupt the channel. Otherwise you could just full-charge Nunu's ult and then throw him at a team as a massive nuke.

Lissandra is actually not a waste, because it lets her save her E so that she can then use it to get away or chase stragglers. Janna might work as a chaser, throwing her at a fleeing enemy, then she repositions and ults him to Kalista.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Brannock posted:

Galio absolutely would be perfect

I am literally foaming at the mouth right now.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

maev fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 8, 2014

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

<X rank> V isn't really <X rank>. :colbert:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
After going over the roster, here's a list of champs that I think would work well with Kalista's ultimate while also being functionable as a support in bot lane: Galio, Alistar, Malphite, Braum, Leona, Janna, Thresh, Morgana. The last three have a much easier time triggering Kalista's soul-bond passive in lane.

Braum and Leona can't trigger it during trades, but Leona-Kalista is probably the most terrifying all-in for bot lane right now -- on top of Leona providing excellent peel for a champion that doesn't have much in the way of actual "get the gently caress off me" options. Braum's passive synergizes pretty decently with Kalista's mechanics and chasing, and the stun probably lets Kalista get a few more stacks of Rend going before popping it. Tossing Braum into the enemy team then dropping a full slow-zone is good field control, especially in tight quarters.

Alistar is there mostly on the strength of his peel and initation. Malphite and Galio are pretty much instant wins in teamfights, but weaker in lane without much ability to peel or escape. You'd have to pick those two as specific counterpicks, but if the right opportunity opens up the enemy team can pretty much surrender immediately after the game loads in.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Reading some reactions too the new champ around the internet and I am already cringing at the amount of Kalista support games I'm going to have to dodge. Gonna be the new Nid Support.

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 5, 2014

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
She seems lovely for those of us who have a duo botlane team on the regular. I'd loving hate to support her (or be her) in solo queue though.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Brannock posted:

After going over the roster, here's a list of champs that I think would work well with Kalista's ultimate while also being functionable as a support in bot lane: Galio, Alistar, Malphite, Braum, Leona, Janna, Thresh, Morgana. The last three have a much easier time triggering Kalista's soul-bond passive in lane.

Braum and Leona can't trigger it during trades, but Leona-Kalista is probably the most terrifying all-in for bot lane right now -- on top of Leona providing excellent peel for a champion that doesn't have much in the way of actual "get the gently caress off me" options. Braum's passive synergizes pretty decently with Kalista's mechanics and chasing, and the stun probably lets Kalista get a few more stacks of Rend going before popping it. Tossing Braum into the enemy team then dropping a full slow-zone is good field control, especially in tight quarters.

Alistar is there mostly on the strength of his peel and initation. Malphite and Galio are pretty much instant wins in teamfights, but weaker in lane without much ability to peel or escape. You'd have to pick those two as specific counterpicks, but if the right opportunity opens up the enemy team can pretty much surrender immediately after the game loads in.

I want to see if her Q applies onhits apart from her passive and Rend. Braum would go so well with her if it does. The peel and stun would be terrifying.

E: Braum will actually have a reliable way of being aggressive in lane with a Kalista. She sounds like shes going to be one of those champions that everyone will call poo poo on release, then get some buffs, gets called ridiculous until shes dumpstered.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 5, 2014

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Battlecast Kog teaser is out, looks amazing

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
So Kallista chat: She starts the game with a spear impaled through her chest. This is the titular Black Spear which starts in her inventory. When you cast the Black Spear's active on a friendly champion she pulls the spear out of her chest and KILLS HER ALLY with it (not a real kill but it plays their death animation etc), they are then resurrected on the spot as her Oathsworn. If you don't like this champions design you are a no taste fuckface who should die.

She also has a bunch of holes in her torso with ghost stuff leaking out, where she was impaled when she was betrayed while alive. Her design is loving fantastic.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Battlecast Alpha Skarner looks REALLY GOOD other than his W. One thing I really like about Skarner's W is that it is what it's called, a Crystalline Exoskeleton. I guess they decided that was too cool for a legendary, so now it's just a generic particle orb around him. :sigh:

E: I wish there were more shields in general that looked like this. The only two I can think of are Skarner's W and Malphite's passive. Are there any others?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
OK, so new ADC and malphite support. In a team fight he ults in, blows his cooldowns, then gets sucked in with ADC ult while cc'd, then goes out again.

Jesus the combinations are fascinating

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

KirbyKhan posted:

OK, so new ADC and malphite support. In a team fight he ults in, blows his cooldowns, then gets sucked in with ADC ult while cc'd, then goes out again.

Jesus the combinations are fascinating

But when you're not in a teamfight and it's the start of the game, then your support is Malphite, who doesn't do much besides press Q until he's out of mana.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I'm sure it'll be perfectly viable to just 2v1 till the third round of nerfs, this is a certainly T champ after all.

fnox
May 19, 2013

I kinda don't like that she wants to exact revenge over someone, it's like an element on every champion background, I mean the whole Shurima stuff is about Azir wanting revenge over Xerath who betrayed him, who also wanted revenge after being a slave for years, Sivir was betrayed by Cassiopeia and they're hostile now, Renekton was imprisoned by Nasus and now wants revenge over him, Miss Fortune wants to avenge her slain mother, Lucian wants to avenge her fallen wife, Twisted Fate betrayed Graves and now he wants revenge, Tryndamere wants revenge over the ones who killed his clan, Urgot wants to kill Garen for cutting him in half, Varus wants revenge over Noxus, Vayne wants to avenge her family by purging the league from black magic, Morgana wants revenge over what her sister Kayle did to her, and it goes on and on and on.

At least she's the most fitting champion in the archetype, a ghost of somebody who had actually died after being betrayed, literally backstabbed (or impaled rather).

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Could use someone who just wants to bring joy to the world or something. And bakes muffins.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

AttackBacon posted:

So Kallista chat: She starts the game with a spear impaled through her chest. This is the titular Black Spear which starts in her inventory. When you cast the Black Spear's active on a friendly champion she pulls the spear out of her chest and KILLS HER ALLY with it (not a real kill but it plays their death animation etc), they are then resurrected on the spot as her Oathsworn. If you don't like this champions design you are a no taste fuckface who should die.

She also has a bunch of holes in her torso with ghost stuff leaking out, where she was impaled when she was betrayed while alive. Her design is loving fantastic.

i think we found a winner for "most metal champion yet"

Artificer posted:

Could use someone who just wants to bring joy to the world or something. And bakes muffins.

sinful succulence morgana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

AttackBacon posted:

Her design is loving fantastic.

This. I need to read her lore and hear her quotes, but she doesn't sound like the stereotypical evil villain from the Shadow Isles. It'd be neat if more games painted undead in a neutral light (like the old Karthus lore) rather than making them all stereotypical cartoon villains.

fnox posted:

At least she's the most fitting champion in the archetype, a ghost of somebody who had actually died after being betrayed, literally backstabbed (or impaled rather).

Yeah, the problem with this is that vengeance a the main character motivation of someone needs to be general, such as Varus's "vengeance on Noxus" rather than specific, such as Lucian or Graves. Otherwise you get that awkward place where you can't resolve their main motivation because it defines them so much, so any stories about those champions and their motivations need to be contrived into not resolving so that the character can remain the same. Now a good writer wouldn't shy away from this and would be interested in exploring what happens to a character when their main driving force is resolved, but that doesn't jive with the comicbook stasis they seem to be after.

• Locked thread