Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

TVarmy posted:

when krugman wrote a column dismissing bitcoin, a bunch of bitcoiners demanded andreas challenge the economist with a nobel-flavored prize to a debate.

this was his response:

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/434438152405544962

he's also making some edgy tweets about how he didn't vote because he's a libertarian and wants change.

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/529771015971143680

we must summon yospos's greatest debater to debate andreas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Alan Smithee posted:

look at it this way, at least you didn't have to fight traffic

i'm not sure how you knew that i walked

or is there a joke here i'm missing

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

voter turnout amongst Hispanicans tends to be pretty low

lots of reasons for that.

Hilbert Spaceship
Mar 15, 2007

If I was dyslexic I'd even hate dog too.

Dren posted:

how about our most annoying and pedantic instead?

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Heresiarch posted:

i think the joke is nobody votes in midterm elections

for real though being able to walk to your polling place loving owns; i can see mine when i look out the window

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Disabled Hitler posted:

creamknob?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Disabled Hitler posted:

po-tay-to po-tah-to

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Heresiarch posted:

i went to a substantial amount of effort this morning to fight my way past a severe psychological episode so that i could go vote, because i knew i would feel even worse later if i didn't

gently caress these people

thank you for voting

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Dren posted:

i'm sure that yospos has plenty of master 'baters

:smithicide:

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Edminster posted:

i think the joke is nobody votes in midterm elections

oh, right

actually the polling place i went to was stupidity crowded, they had a lot more people than they expected

of course this was also some important local elections and the texas state-level races so that probably contributed

also the texas voter id law is working as advertised, i got to see an elderly woman get turned away because she didn't have any valid id. and my state id card had expired and i hadn't noticed, so i ended up bringing my passport instead, which made the guy at the desk do a double-take

now i just have to avoid the news for a few days to prevent myself from becoming unreasonably angry at the election results

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Heresiarch posted:

i went to a substantial amount of effort this morning to fight my way past a severe psychological episode so that i could go vote, because i knew i would feel even worse later if i didn't

gently caress these people

good on you. (that is not insincere.)

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Heresiarch posted:

oh, right

actually the polling place i went to was stupidity crowded, they had a lot more people than they expected

of course this was also some important local elections and the texas state-level races so that probably contributed

also the texas voter id law is working as advertised, i got to see an elderly woman get turned away because she didn't have any valid id. and my state id card had expired and i hadn't noticed, so i ended up bringing my passport instead, which made the guy at the desk do a double-take

now i just have to avoid the news for a few days to prevent myself from becoming unreasonably angry at the election results

should have brought your gun permit

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

Heresiarch posted:

because you mentioned having to fight psychological issues

but not having to fight traffic

because if you did have to fight traffic, that would be way worse than the thing you did fight and therefore worth mentioning

i think that was the joke? it was the joke i got out of it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Heresiarch posted:

it's a joke about the disgustingly low turnout for midterm elections

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

either that or we've been gnagstalking you all along

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

NZAmoeba posted:

because you mentioned having to fight psychological issues

but not having to fight traffic

because if you did have to fight traffic, that would be way worse than the thing you did fight and therefore worth mentioning

i think that was the joke? it was the joke i got out of it

i would much rather fight traffic than the poo poo in my head

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Heresiarch posted:

good news, bitcoin is now the official currency of texas

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Dren posted:

idk how you think it'd go because he believes in the libertarian equivalent of magic

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

taking the 30-day price average of the top two Bitcoin exchanges active on March 13th ( excluding known scams bucket shops and any other fictitious entities )

But what if all of the exchanges are scams? Also the girl that decides what is a scam looks very angry.

Edit: maybe she's angry about her shirt buttons coming undone?

Buttcoin purse fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 5, 2014

Hilbert Spaceship
Mar 15, 2007

If I was dyslexic I'd even hate dog too.

Heresiarch posted:

i would much rather fight traffic than the poo poo in my head

sorry bout your brain problems

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Buttcoin purse posted:

But what if all of the exchanges are scams? Also the girl that decides what is a scam looks very angry.

Edit: maybe she's angry about her shirt buttons coming undone?

maybe she's angry about being the assistant of the crazy pooperscooper guy and having to sign up on a stripper website to try and get them to use bitcoins

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Suspicious posted:

idk how you think it'd go because he believes in the libertarian equivalent of magic

Very badly for everyone but hopefully especially badly for Andreas

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Dren posted:

pretty sure if you sent fishmech and didn't set a time limit for the debate, he'd win by attrition eventually

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

InShaneee posted:

pretty sure if you sent fishmech and didn't set a time limit for the debate, he'd win by attrition starvation eventually

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Alan Smithee posted:

voter turnout amongst Hispanicans tends to be pretty low

Obnoxious bragging about not voting also very low in that community, though. Maybe if there was a Spanish word for "sheeple"?

Corderombre? Personoveja?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

we'll always have this

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

tomorrow is the fifth of november. i really want a crash tomorrow so that bitcoin death day comes early and on a funny day for it.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Boxturret posted:

we'll always have this

+1

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Boxturret posted:

we'll always have this

this is why you are my hero Heresiarch

good on you for conquering your sadbrains and voting, I know how lovely anxiety and psychological disorders can be :respek:

e: oh god I just noticed I accidentally put a capital l in my av texts uuggggghhhhhh

gently caress my stupid typing

Ron Paul Atreides fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Nov 5, 2014

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

InShaneee posted:

pretty sure if you sent fishmech and didn't set a time limit for the debate, he'd win by attrition eventually

id just kick him in the nuts

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Nintendo Kid posted:

this is why you are the smartest kid in america

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pumpy Dumper posted:

it looks like someone tried to photoshop a half life face to look more realistic

They're waiting for you, Gordon. In the echo chamber.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You know, if I were Andreas I would be a liiiitle creeped out about my fan base.

In the thread about the winkboys

quote:

You know I can't help but agree with this. These guys are no doubt "true proponents" of bitcoin and believers. They get the technology. I think the amount of mockery they get is almost unfair. They're working their asses off (it seems) to do their part in taking bitcoin mainstream. This is not some pump&dump or long-con or them jumping behind 50 new techs and seeing what sticks. They're firmly behind bitcoin.

Now - the fact that they have funny names, and were shown as rich kid buffoons in a movie, and don't have the oratory skills of Andreas is not a valid reason to heap horseshit onto their obvious hard work and efforts.

No they're not our typical image of a "gently caress the government! gently caress the IRS!" libertarians, nor are they crypo-dev-tech-whizkids.. but so what? Give these guys a break. Believe me, they're not conspiring to push a fake ETF in hopes of making a few bucks from /r/bitcoin. They're putting time, money, effort and resources into bitcoin. Hell - the proposed ETF is called COIN and not "WinkBit" or some poo poo. A little slack, please?

Yeah, the king of France? He may not be typical image of a libertarian, but he is in favor of bitcoin. Give him a break.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
voting is fine and everything but it's seriously the laziest most basic form of political involvement. like if the level of political involvement were a job, voting would be like a part time gig at Walmart. at least it's something and it's certainly nothing to be ashamed of, but it's not the kind of thing you want to brag about either

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I liked the "you will be a footnote in bitcoin history!" typed in all earnestness

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

indigi posted:

voting is fine and everything but it's seriously the laziest most basic form of political involvement. like if the level of political involvement were a job, voting would be like a part time gig at Walmart. at least it's something and it's certainly nothing to be ashamed of, but it's not the kind of thing you want to brag about either

that also means that there is pretty much no valid excuse for not voting

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Nintendo Kid posted:

vanilla slimfast posted:

this is why you are the smartest kid in america

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

indigi posted:

no that would be commenting on yahoo politics articles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Nintendo Kid posted:

Man why didn't Lowtax try this against Uwe Boll

• Locked thread