Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Prop Wash posted:

Much respect for the guy on the synth wearing both a black mask and a welding helmet.

If that were a '90's pop video, he would be the guy standing in the background with his arms crossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

ZoltarOmniscient posted:

I'm going to apologize in advance for the fact that I called it "Something to do With Bats", I couldn't think of anything better to name it.
That's actually a great name. The college station goth show in my city is called "Darkness Before Dawn." :rolleyes:

No offense if they're reading.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
When I had a show on a college station, they told me I couldn't name it "Blood on the Wall," so I went with "No Name, No Slogan." I got an enjoyable Who's On First conversation out of it.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I called mine Nachtmusik, because that was the most pretentious thing I could come up with.

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010

ZoltarOmniscient posted:

I've actually played tracks from Brotherhood on the last couple episodes, I only did my third this week and I've yet to get set up on the website with my podcasted version of it, but I should be getting in touch with the webmaster for the station tomorrow. As for the site for the station itself it's chsrfm.ca. It does have a link to listen online, and my show is Thursday nights at 10:30 pm Atlantic time, and I'm going to apologize in advance for the fact that I called it "Something to do With Bats", I couldn't think of anything better to name it.
Well my open-format-turned-darkwhatever show was called Music for Cats, which was arguably stolen, so you're in good company.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Omi-Polari posted:

That's actually a great name. The college station goth show in my city is called "Darkness Before Dawn." :rolleyes:

No offense if they're reading.

If the Darkness Before Dawn people are reading this: lolll all kinds of offense

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Musik pictures i drawn strikes again

blunt engel

:haw:

ZoltarOmniscient
Jan 17, 2013
First podcasted episode of my show is up here. It was my first time doing anything on the radio, so there are a lot of awkward "um" and "the next song iiiiiiiiis" bits where I couldn't get the cd or track to play fast enough to keep it smooth, so apologies for that, I think I'm slowly getting better but I only did my third episode this past Thursday. The next two episodes are scheduled be up at 3pm Atlantic time tomorrow and Wednesday. Also feel free to mock my occasional terrible choices of things to play.

Edit: Formatting.

ZoltarOmniscient fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 27, 2014

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010

ZoltarOmniscient posted:

... It was my first time doing anything on the radio, so there are a lot of awkward "um" and "the next song iiiiiiiiis" bits where I couldn't get the cd or track to play fast enough to keep it smooth, so apologies for that, I think I'm slowly getting better but I only did my third episode this past Thursday.
I never got over that, really. I was not as committed to being professional as I could have been (very little pre-planning). Pro tip: EN's NNNAAAMMM gives you plenty of time to duck down that little staircase and into the washroom... unless they've remodelled SUBstantially since then.

Some days I miss CHSR ;_; (Even more days I miss getting to paw through so much new music to see if there's anything good.)

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
So the new Marilyn Manson track is pretty good.

ZoltarOmniscient
Jan 17, 2013
It actually is.

ZoltarOmniscient
Jan 17, 2013

BalthCat posted:

I never got over that, really. I was not as committed to being professional as I could have been (very little pre-planning). Pro tip: EN's NNNAAAMMM gives you plenty of time to duck down that little staircase and into the washroom... unless they've remodelled SUBstantially since then.

Some days I miss CHSR ;_; (Even more days I miss getting to paw through so much new music to see if there's anything good.)

I'm hoping to do more planning for my halloween show this week, and I'll be keeping that about NNNAAAMMM in mind next time I find myself needing relief in the studio. Type O Negative's Black no.1 works well for that too.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Huh yeah it is. Reminds me of The Doors. Especially the last minute or so. Jim Morrison as gently caress.

(Which makes sense. He's performed Doors covers.)

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 28, 2014

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Pretty sure Manson did a track on the new John Wick movie as well, but i don't think he is listed on the sound track. I swear it sounded like him at least.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Twiin posted:

So the new Marilyn Manson track is pretty good.

Is there a listed line up for his bands current iteration? Seeing Manson release new stuff made me look up Tim Skold to see what he's been doing since announcing The Undoing then canceling it.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Photex posted:

Is there a listed line up for his bands current iteration?

Nobody bothers keeping track because it changes every six months it seems like. Manson has had like 20 different people in the band by this point.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

TOOT BOOT posted:

Nobody bothers keeping track because it changes every six months it seems like. Manson has had like 20 different people in the band by this point.

There are worse bands when it comes to this though so it's a fair question.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people
I'm really digging the new Velvet Acid Christ album. It feels like they took Ghost in the Circuit and made a whole album out of it.

ZoltarOmniscient
Jan 17, 2013
The Halloween episode of my show is up here. I tried for more Witch House, I kind of figured that'd give a spookier vibe. Also, I hosed up and left the mic on during a couple songs, so if you hear my voice under some of the music, I'm deeply sorry about that.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

VNV Nation pulled out of the Skinny Puppy tour, "Due to a problematic situation, that had unexpectedly worsened in recent weeks, and which was likely to continue doing so."

https://www.facebook.com/VNVNation/posts/10153286365946258

Not health-related they add later. Mysterious.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
This makes me unhappy.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

This makes me worried.

I mean the way they put it makes it sound it's some kind of personal drama. They'd probably be more upfront about technical/practical problems.

edit: or maybe it's some contractual bullshit they aren't allowed to disclose

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 5, 2014

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

What are the chances of putting someone else on the bill at short notice? I'm more of a Puppy fan, but the idea of them on a bill with another band that potentially could draw huge crowds in some areas was a pretty awesome thing.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
Quick, somebody offer Eskil, like, a few cases of liquor! My girlfriend likes Covenant better than VNV anyway.

Or hey, make this Caustic thing real, I'll take it. What's the guy from Epsilon Minus doing these days, holo-simRonan would be pretty cool too.

Notgothic fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Nov 5, 2014

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Haujobb might be pulling out too. I'm kinda curious what's going on.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Haujobb is talking about doing a crowdfunding campaign to help pay tour costs. "By the way, this has nothing to do with the extremely unexpected announcement from VNV Nation earlier today."

Suuure.

:munch:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also look at the venues. These are big, nice (read: expensive) theaters. Add in the costs of traveling in North America from Europe.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

I hope this doesn't completely implode. Not too likely I know.

youth code posted:

Hey everyone: instead of turning into goth Inspector Clouseau, why don't we wait and see if the tour brings any great surprises?
:tinfoil:

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

TOOT BOOT posted:

Haujobb might be pulling out too. I'm kinda curious what's going on.

Haujobb's not planning on pulling out. They're pretty committed to making it work.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Yeah I read their statement to mean the money they raise will determine what/who they can bring with them.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
TRISTAN SHONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuxO-_EumLE

TRISTAN SHONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjlBOPLWZyw

TRISTAN SHONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExwlcPTP0_4

TRISTAN SHONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtQesGgT7nw

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Well, the rumor is that Ogre was making 'outrageous' demands and that's why VNV dropped off the tour.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Ogre demanded real blood for his theatrics this go-round - but he was insisting on theirs. Or was VNV supposed to fulfill the backstage rider with the bowl of M&Ms sans the brown ones.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

TOOT BOOT posted:

Well, the rumor is that Ogre was making 'outrageous' demands and that's why VNV dropped off the tour.

Doubtful, he paid out of pocket for his own ohGr mini-tour three years back. He "went into the red" as he stated but felt an obligation to do so.

BTW, Skinny Puppy's label is not funding their latest tour.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

loving Front Line Assembly is replacing VNV Nation!!!

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
FLA are replacing VNV turns out.

[edit]

Waah

Anyway is that the most stacked tour ever or what? So sad I can't show up to one.
Speaking of FLA, y'all seen clips from the part-orchestral shows they did? Like these ones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_ZsvRw9uGE, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhuqBCWBV0E Utterly amazing, they need to release proper recordings of this so badly.

Babby Sathanas fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 7, 2014

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
PLEASE send the fake fat bill leeb PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

That lineup: worth a 6-hour drive or definitely worth a 6-hour drive?

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

mennoknight posted:

PLEASE send the fake fat bill leeb PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

LONG LIVE SOY LEEB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo I just came here to post this, so jealous it's only for the US/Canada.