Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

genericnick posted:

Die Jäger is plural so that's correct.

While that's true, those aren't the lyrics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

This isn't something to give a poo poo about.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Kraus posted:

For gently caress's sake, get the German right.

It's "Seid ihr das Essen? Nein, wir sind der Jäger!" (Are ye the food? No, we are the hunter!)

Edit: Moron, you don't put the umlaut over the A and have the E there. AE is another way to write Ä.

quote:

While that's true, those aren't the lyrics.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Zogundar posted:

Have we ever see a Titan, for example, bisected at the waist? How fast does something like THAT heal? Does the bottom half turn to smoke and bones and the top has to regrow a new bottom?

Even a simple slice on the Achilles tendon is enough to ground a titan for long enough to line up a killshot. That's how they caught the female Titan.

The main reason why they don't do that in Shingeki world is that there's too many titans outside the walls relative to their cannons' firepower and reload speed.

A modern force would wreck the poo poo out of Titans. Maybe not permanently kill them, but they could easily render them immobile and harmless.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I think the more important question is: how many Titans could Sonic the Hedgehog kill? With his super speed and knack for striking repeatedly at his enemies' weak-spots, could any Titan stand against him!?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Titan Smash announced in next Nintendo Direct

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 4, 2014

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

In It For The Tank posted:

I think the more important question is: how many Titans could Sonic the Hedgehog kill? With his super speed and knack for striking repeatedly at his enemies' weak-spots, could any Titan stand against him!?

I bet Goku could kill even more titans he could like teleport into their necks and kill them instantly

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
imagine if goku was a titan and he went super saiyen :stare:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Broseph Brostar posted:

Well the titan forming around Goku would take five episodes and multiple flashbacks at bare minimum.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Broseph Brostar posted:

what did you think monkey trouble was. prince of all sayans.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
For all we know until the episode airs Monkey Toruble would have been gold this entire time.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Sonic isn't even that fast.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Broseph Brostar posted:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Saagonsa posted:

I have a feeling that the series called Attack on Titan may not be the best thing to expect proper grammar from

Whoa I thought you were dead

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Very excited for the Spider-man crossover.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

forbidden lesbian posted:

Whoa I thought you were dead

he was recently released from jail.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Spoiler images and text translations for the new chapter seem to be flying about, but no sign of a scanlation. With the official release in three days, I doubt anyone will cover it.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Here is a pretty brutal spoiler image. Edit: nevermind.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 6, 2014

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I wouldn't have clicked that if I didn't believe it was a spoiler from the upcoming crossover. I was about to ask who that was in the marvel universe and I just got it. Man.....

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gurisha

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Edit: Nevermind.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 6, 2014

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm glad the manga is getting back to its roots.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Here is a pretty brutal spoiler image. Edit: nevermind.

Blue balls man

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
(Unreleased chapter spoilers)
Welp the reason Mikasa, Levi and Kenny are so strong is because they awakened some sort of power. Kenny and Mikasa do seem to be related somehow but she doesn't know how.

This is definitely gonna be divisive among the fanbase. Personally I think it's dumb.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

This time I will be strong and won't click any spoilers!

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

RatHat posted:

Welp the reason Mikasa, Levi and Kenny are so strong is because they awakened some sort of power. Kenny and Mikasa do seem to be related somehow but she doesn't know how.

This is definitely gonna be divisive among the fanbase. Personally I think it's dumb.

From the spoiler it sounds more like it's a shared experience common among Ackermans which helps them become strong. I don't think it's a superpower and if it is one that's really dumb. I'm going to give the author the benefit of the doubt and assume Levi and Mikasa aren't strong because of superpowers or whatever the hell it is.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

RatHat posted:

I think it's dumb but so far Isayama has made pretty good reasons as to why things are the way they are, or even points out why it's not such a bad idea. Such as the whole mind control element. "In a world where people are titans, and titans are walls these things aren't so dumb." We'll probably have to ride out the story a little longer though- Isayama's got a chance to make it work.

The theory I operate with is the idea that Humanity are genetically augmented. The Ackermans and Reiss more augmented than normal. It's how anyone can use the 3dm gear at all. Most people in the Attack on Titan world seem to be able to use it. In real life you'd pass out from the speeds, or be unable to stop without killing yourself. It's obviously a fictional story of course, but Isayama tends to operate within a narrative boundary and tends to explain or rationalize the less-believable elements. I figured the reason smarter weapons in killing titans such as high strength wires to trip them or wrap around their ankles aren't around because the government is suppressing technology too.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Nov 6, 2014

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Watch them all turn out to be Duncan Idaho.

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

RatHat posted:

Really? But this was hinted at from the very beginning, when child Mikasa crushed the handle of a dagger with her hands. Several here theorized from that alone that Mikasa had some sort of superhuman abilities.If there wasn't some cause for such ability in at least Mikasa, I would have been disappointed.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why is it so loving hard to just have characters who are superstrong on their own abilities and not some family trait in shonen manga?

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

True, manga about regular people who do amazing things by the might of their own willpower are seriously lacking.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes, when two characters largely managed to kill Titans by their own abilities and were insanely strong because they happened to be swole as hell are now being justified through "There being some strange power in the Ackerman family that makes them super strong and not their own actual loving abilities, it's kind of annoying. It's not willpower, you dunce, it's actual human strength and that's what actually makes this manga interesting.

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

Eh, the distinction your making seems silly to get worked up over. Being swole as hell by sheer luck/willpower vs. being swole as hell due to heritage seem pretty similar to me. If anything, it highlights the impressiveness of characters like Jean, who have no genetic predisposition towards being a physical beast-mode titanslayer, yet still manages to be awesome.

Also, I think the focus on family histories and lineage is really interesting, and was hinted at way back when Ymir instantly recognized the importance of Historia's name
. This is far from out of the blue, and the entire framework of the story seems to be built upon it.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Wow, Zacklay is a loving weirdo, yall

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Yea, that poo poo is loving gross and weird.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I "liked" it. It's such a turnabout from the stoic reasonable guy he appeared to be. Turns out he's not stoic at all, and is a horrible horrible psychopath.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 7, 2014

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Prediction: next chapter, Zackly will send Pixis to the guillotine after humiliating him in a :stonk: manner. When asked for his last words, Pixis says, "You will follow us, Zackly."

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
It's up: http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read/manga?volume_id=273&chapter_num=63.00

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

What the gently caress, Zackley? :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Looks like Grisha had some words with the Reiss family before he killed most of them. Not buying this whole 'Reiss family were a happy, harmless bunch before Grisha swooped in and stole the Titan powers'. Also Reiss suggests his daughter lost because she had less experience. Does this suggest Grisha somehow had experience fighting as a titan, or is it an excuse for bad luck in the fight?

Also I think this chapter should put to rest the idea that this series is fascist apologia.