Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
It seemed kind of weird how quiet they were about the 3ds release, kind of obvious why now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah but it's $30, literally as much as the two games on Wii U right? So what the hell, put back Urban Champion and poo poo or halve the price.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yeah but it's literally twice the price so why are they cutting anything?

Because Portable versions of console games typically get the short end of the stick? :shrug:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They really should have done Game Boy Remix instead.

Anyway, Sega's 3D Classics games are loving fantastic and it sucks that they'll never release those at retail outside of Japan.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I already own NES Remix 1+2 on Wii U so I wasn't going to get it anyways, but I totally love how $30 translates to 40€ (aka $49.95) sometimes. Even if you include the VAT, that's still $10 more than in the states, and this is not the first time they're doing this. Mario Golf 3DS was $30/40€ as well iirc.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Tengami, the "pop-up adventure" game by a bunch of ex-Rare dudes (including David Wise on music) has a release date/price for Wii U: November 13, 9.99 US-$ / 7.99 EUR / 6.99 £.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jpgtduncCY

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah I just bought NES Remix 1+2 tonight for less than €20, why would I pay €40 for a cut-down version of it (even if the removed challenges are from less-good games)?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Some news of Retro City Rampage: the dev announced he'll be updating the WiiWare version with all the content from the DX update, even though it apparently sold so badly he had to give away a ton of codes just to hit the sales threshold that let him get paid. There's also an update in the works for the 3DS version that'll let you use the New 3DS' extra buttons.

It's missing 12 games:

Baseball
Clu Clu Land
Donkey Kong 3
Golf
Ice Climber
Ice Hockey
NES Open Tournament Golf
Pinball
Tennis
Urban Champion
Wario's Woods
Wrecking Crew

plus the Miiverse integration, plus Super Luigi Bros., and it has no 3D.

Wouldn't his effort be better spent porting it over to WiiU where he'd get money from sale o e anyway? I'm never going back to the WiiWare store, neither is anyone else.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

I already own NES Remix 1+2 on Wii U so I wasn't going to get it anyways, but I totally love how $30 translates to 40€ (aka $49.95) sometimes. Even if you include the VAT, that's still $10 more than in the states, and this is not the first time they're doing this. Mario Golf 3DS was $30/40€ as well iirc.

Lay off them, they're only trying to balance out the extra costs involved with transmitting bytes across the Atlantic.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Tengami, the "pop-up adventure" game by a bunch of ex-Rare dudes (including David Wise on music) has a release date/price for Wii U: November 13, 9.99 US-$ / 7.99 EUR / 6.99 £.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jpgtduncCY

Oh, I've been thinking about getting this on iOS for a while now, maybe I'll just pick it up on Wii U. Can only who's played it recommend it?

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
The question is whether or not NES remix 3ds is worth it if you don't have a wii U and don't plan to buy one in the near future?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yacht Club Games just announced a cross-buy discount for Shovel Knight when it launches in PAL-land - 33% off the 3DS version if you own the Wii U version or vice-versa, until the end of 2014. Still no release date, however.

http://yachtclubgames.com/2014/11/cross-platform-discount-for-euau/

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

That's such a lame discount that I have no idea why they would even bother.

Original_Z posted:

The question is whether or not NES remix 3ds is worth it if you don't have a wii U and don't plan to buy one in the near future?

That depends on how much you like challenge runs and 8-bit games. Go check some videos of the U version and see if it's your thing.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Mischalaniouse posted:

Oh, I've been thinking about getting this on iOS for a while now, maybe I'll just pick it up on Wii U. Can only who's played it recommend it?

Yeah, I'm curious, too. It looks pretty as all hell, but I'm extremely skeptical of the length/depth of a game that started on iPad.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Yacht Club Games just announced a cross-buy discount for Shovel Knight when it launches in PAL-land - 33% off the 3DS version if you own the Wii U version or vice-versa, until the end of 2014. Still no release date, however.

http://yachtclubgames.com/2014/11/cross-platform-discount-for-euau/

Yea lol let me buy the same 5 hour game twice because

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
it's an incredibly well designed and fun game?

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Does anyone know when the lessons for Art Academy in the US will be out (on the Wii U)?

Saturniid19
Aug 1, 2006
brought to you by North Central Positronics

Watrick posted:

Does anyone know when the lessons for Art Academy in the US will be out (on the Wii U)?

At E3 they said it would be Q4 2014. I'm hoping they announce something concrete in the Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
No Art Academy news, but lots of eShop stuff from the direct:

-Shovel Knight is out in PAL-land! There's also a 3DS menu theme that's free to Shovel Knight owner until November 13, and a 33% cross-buy discount.
-Pikmin 3 demo available for Wii U! Saves transfer to the full game.
-Pikmin 3 short video collection available for 3DS/Wii U! $5/5EUR, ~20min total run time, displays in 3D on 3DS and HD on Wii U.
-Sonic Boom (3DS) demo available at 23:00 tonight, in PAL-land, demos for both the 3DS/Wii U game will be available next week in NA.
-Ultimate NES Remix (3DS) is going live on the eShop at 23:00 tonight in PAL-land, so around 24 hours earlier than the retail release. You still shouldn't buy it.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 6, 2014

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Nintendo really, and I mean really, has to learn about cross purchases. 10€ to get both versions of a 20 minute video is ridiculous.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Saoshyant posted:

Nintendo really, and I mean really, has to learn about cross purchases. 10€ to get both versions of a 20 minute video is ridiculous.

So....don't buy it?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
To be fair, you're probably going to buy just one of them, anyway.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Rexroom posted:

To be fair, you're probably going to buy none of them, anyway.

Fixed

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

jivjov posted:

So....don't buy it?

I am not buying either, forum poster jivjov. I don't particularly care for Pikmin.

However, as Miyamoto was mentioning the prices I just groaned when I realized that not only are they charging 5€ for a 20 minute video, they are not providing any cross-buying and in this specific case it felt more ridiculous than usual with the VC and indie stuff.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm going to pay 5 dollars for cute pikmin movies and I will have no regrets well bye

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm going to pay 5 dollars for cute pikmin movies and I will have no regrets well bye

In this same boat. Definitely buying the HD version as soon as the housemate is done playing Bayonetta. Not sure on the 3D one. I don't really have a desire to watch the video on my 3DS.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOA just posted a bunch of "Nindies" interview videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9chGHAc-90
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Indq8f3L5Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-4rahTj3SA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO92ekyRRIw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R_v7FgGQTM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntTmb_ynE7w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uaAg9lGA1w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F_qW5AEDho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quxq2kir764
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrf1R1N85WI

Please continue using the term "nindies" wherever possible, thanks.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 6, 2014

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Nindies.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Please continue using the term "nindies" wherever possible, thanks.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > NINTENDO eSHOP: Wii U, 3DS, Wii, DSi, Tapwave Zodiac and Nindies

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

chariot looks cute. anyway back to my main concern, did the european direct say anything about rune factory

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Davincie posted:

did the european direct say anything about rune factory

Oh, knew it was missing something. Considering this Direct apparently covered all Winter releases it's not a good sign.

vvv "nindies"

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 6, 2014

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Aces, more loving indie sidescrollers

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Another JP Club Nintendo promo was announced in the JP Direct: people who register both Smash 3DS and Pokemon OR or AS will get a free download code for Game & Watch Gallery 3 (GBC), which technically makes it the first 3DS VC release in, like, six months.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So many t-shirt designs blurred out. Nintendo is hilarious.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Another JP Club Nintendo promo was announced in the JP Direct: people who register both Smash 3DS and Pokemon OR or AS will get a free download code for Game & Watch Gallery 3 (GBC), which technically makes it the first 3DS VC release in, like, six months.

So that would leave the US as the only place not to have G&WG 3 then?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Can't wait for Gunvolt in Euroland :dance:

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
Hey, a crosspost - I got an early copy of The Swapper and did a review for it.

It's pricey, and I wish it wasn't so pricey, because it's good.

Starting to feel like they were too cynical with the pricing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I know it's the Nintendo thread but The Swapper is gonna be free on PlayStation Plus in January if you don't mind waiting a while. (In Europe at least)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of November 6):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Disney Infinity 2.0: Play Without Limits - €29.99 / £24.99
    Disney Planes: Fire & Rescue - 329.99 / £34.99
    Pikmin 3 (demo)
WII U eSHOP
    Shovel Knight - €14.99 / £13.49
    Pikmin Short Videos - €4.99 / £4.49 (video)
    The Swapper - €14.99 / £11.99
    Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure - €2.50 / £2.00 (permanent price reduction)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mega Man 7 (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Mega Man X3 (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Shovel Knight on 3DS, get the Wii U version for 33% off! - runs until January 1
    Disney Infinity 2.0: Play Without Limits (Wii U) - €19.99 / £17.99 until November 13
    99seconds (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.37 for owners of Abyss until November 20
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 for owners of 99seconds until November 20

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Ultimate NES Remix - €39.99 / £34.99
    Disney Planes: Fire and Rescue - €29.99 / £24.99
    I Love My Horse - €24.99 / £19.99
    Petz Beach - €19.99 / £19.99
    Petz Countryside - €19.99 / £19.99
    Sonic Boom (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Shovel Knight - €14.99 / £13.49
    Pikmin Short Videos - €4.99 / £4.49 (video)
    Football Up Online - €3.99 / £3.59 or €0.99 / £0.89 for owners of Football Up 3D
    Football Up 3D - €2.99 / £2.37 (permanent price reduction)
3DS MENU THEMES
    Shovel Knight Theme - free for owners of Shovel Knight 3DS, available until November 13
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Shovel Knight on Wii U, get the 3DS version for 33% off! - runs until January 1
    Siesta Fiesta (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.49 until November 13
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until November 20

NA update (week of November 6):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Disney Planes: Fire & Rescue - $39.99
    Disney Infinity 2.0 - $19.99
    Sonic Lost World - $29.95 (permanent price reduction)
    Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed - $29.95 (permanent price reduction)
    Pikmin 3 (demo)
WII U eSHOP
    The Swapper - $19.99
    Sportsball - $9.99
    Pier Solar and the Great Architects - $14.99
    Shuttle Rush - $7.99
    Flapp & Zegeta - $4.99
    SDK Paint - $2.99
    Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure - $2.00 (permanent price reduction)
    Pikmin Short Videos - $4.99 (video)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Mario Advance (GBA) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Shut the Box (Wii U eShop) - $0.69 until November 13
    Blok Drop U (Wii U eShop) - $0.99 until November 27

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Sonic Boom (November 11) - $39.99
    Sonic Lost World - $29.95 (permanent price reduction)
    Sonic Boom (demo)
    Disney Planes: Fire & Rescue (November 11) - $29.99
    nintendogs+cats: French Bulldog - $?
    nintendogs+cats: Golden Retriever - $?
    nintendogs+cats: Toy Poodle - $?
3DS eSHOP
    Kemonomix+ - $4.99
    Safari Quest (November 11) - $4.99
    Pikmin Short Videos - $4.99 (video)
3DS MENU THEMES
    nintendogs+cats Theme - free for digital owners of nintendogs+cats, available until December 31 2015
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (Game Boy Color) - $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - available until November 28
    Siesta Fiesta (3DS eShop) - $3.99 until November 12
    Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest (3DS) - $19.99 until November 17
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    3D Classics Kid Icarus (3DS eShop) - 200 Coins, available until November 16
    Brain Age Express: Math (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until November 16
    Donkey Kong '94 (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until November 16
    Kersploosh! (3DS eShop) - 150 Coins, available until November 16
    Kirby's Dream Course (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until November 16
    Maboshi's Arcade (WiiWare) - 250 Coins, available until November 16
    Wrecking Crew (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until November 16
    Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (Wii VC) - WO0 Coins, available until November 16

Super Mario Advance is the SMB2 remake; it uses the SMB All-Stars sprites and adds new bosses, red coin hunting and plenty of annoying GBA-era voice clips.

Pokemon Puzzle Challenge includes a demo code for OR/AS, for those who still need one. You can find the code by going into the eShop settings, looking at your account history and checking out the digital receipt. (Same deal for the Shovel Knight menu theme.)

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Man, I would totally get the Swapper but they announced it was going to be a PS+ title in like a month and $20 is a lot of money to throw away on a game I can get for free soon. :( Is Pier Solar any good? That's really the only other thing that interests me this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I can't speak for the HD version but I owned the original MD version of Pier Solar and the only pleasure I got from it was selling it for several times what I paid for it.