Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

FCKGW posted:

Dude is a software engineer at SpaceX

way to throw that away dude, good job

omg yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

the laugh mines are spurting

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

can't you feel it, laddy?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

whyimgladhumanityisdoomed.jpg

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Greyhawk posted:

oh sorry, that was very misleading

that comment was not adressed to the guy whose servers went boom, but another customer

i just thought it was a funny coincidence

im sad now, but still, you probably shouldnt keep running electronics that get up to 170

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

theflyingorc posted:

so, for the other americans in the thread, this person did not shut his servers down when they reached 170 degrees fahrenheit

hmmm my computer is making it 40 degrees warmer than the world record temperature in death valley, it's probably normal that the room got so hot that it's legit dangerous to go inside

i briefly tried dogecoin mining before i found out how dumb bitcoin is and stopped running the miner because it got my GPU up to like 72 C. Running my equipment so hot 24/7 seemed like a lovely thing to do to it especially since my expected payout at my hashrate was basically nothing.

Anyway I'm pretty sure my GPU gets that hot while playing games, is the 70-80C range something to be concerned about if the temp is stable?

/anecdote

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

cool guy similar to riff raff

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

lol holy poo poo

it was him

the guy that proved that bitcoin was totes a legit thing cos you could buy a car with it

there is always more and it is always better

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Dren posted:

Anyway I'm pretty sure my GPU gets that hot while playing games, is the 70-80C range something to be concerned about if the temp is stable?

no, that's perfectly fine

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

goddamnedtwisto posted:

lol holy poo poo

it was him

the guy that proved that bitcoin was totes a legit thing cos you could buy a car with it

:gizz:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:laffo:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

minivanmegafun posted:

I didn't get that joke until I fired up an Apple][ emulator recently and realized the prompt is "What would you like on your tombstone?"
is tombstone american slang for pizza or something

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Werthog 95 posted:

pirateat40

I've done my share of smuggling
I've run my share of grass
I made enough money to buy miami but I pissed it away so fast
Never meant to last... Never meant to last

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

jony ive aces posted:

it's a brand of crappy cook-at-home pizzas

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
quoting from the other yospos thread because why not

Don Lapre posted:

mod tells you to pull your money, just ignore him lol

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

jony ive aces posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKspf06XuaQ

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

jfc i can't believe none of you knew about this.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

theflyingorc posted:

it's a brand of crappy cook-at-home pizzas

it's actually pretty good

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

prefect posted:

it's actually pretty good

i moved to another country and tombstone pizzas are the only thing i miss.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

goddamnedtwisto posted:

lol holy poo poo

it was him

there's a guy on reddit who bragged about buying a tesla with bitcoins approx. a month after the date in the screens but he posted 10 mins ago and the pic of the car was in a snowy hell, idk if texas gets much snow.

e: this guy

woozle wuzzle
Mar 10, 2012
Silk Road 2.0

Pirate gets arrested

It's so... beautiful.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Been a good week for the buttcoin thread

quote:

[–]tor4tor 0 points 18 minutes ago

goddammit, I made my first darknet purchase ever last week. I wonder if I'll still get my thing... or just get arrested :-(

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
the affidavit also mentions that a btc exchange immediately handed over all his account info when the feds came knocking with a transaction they were interested in

which is completely inevitable but, y'know, anonymous currency of the future NO BANKS

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice
brogrammer with a dream job at spacex, bought a tesla roadster for bitcoin, runs a drug marketplace, and gets nailed because he used an email at his own personal domain to register the server with?

:pusheen:

sinekumquat fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 6, 2014

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Dren posted:

i briefly tried dogecoin mining before i found out how dumb bitcoin is and stopped running the miner because it got my GPU up to like 72 C. Running my equipment so hot 24/7 seemed like a lovely thing to do to it especially since my expected payout at my hashrate was basically nothing.

/anecdote

dog you realize that it was the entire room that was 72+ C not just one of the cards right

like even when your GPU temp is at 72 C like the rest of the card is under that and inside your case as a whole it's probably under like 50 C

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
these last few pages have been really good

thanks buttcoins!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
this week is hilarious where is the quote from boxturret about all the law enforcement agencies coming together for a massive party

Nintendo Kid posted:

dog you realize that it was the entire room that was 72+ C not just one of the cards right

like even when your GPU temp is at 72 C like the rest of the card is under that and inside your case as a whole it's probably under like 50 C

i did not realize that but it seems incredibly obvious now that you've pointed it out

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
silk road might be doomed to happen over and over again

all it takes is one idiot with enough ego, enough arrogance, and the technical skill to set up a webserver and put it on tor

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

and enough stupidity to think asking "are you a cop?" will protect him from undercover agents

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Dren posted:

all it takes is one idiot with enough ego, enough arrogance, and the technical skill to set up a webserver and put it on tor

the history of bit coin is the history of people incorrectly believing "i am smarter than everyone else"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Verdafolio posted:

brogrammer with a dream job at spacex, bought a tesla roadster for bitcoin, runs a drug marketplace, and gets nailed because he used an email at his own personal domain to register the server with?

:pusheen:

lmao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

spurting so hard omfg

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Nintendo Kid posted:

wiki isn't helping me out here but I'm p sure an ambient temp of 72C would kill a human being within say twenty min-- oh wait I guess Finnish saunas get up to 90C, huh

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Dren posted:

the guy was a ruby programmer, it fits perfectly

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Dren posted:

they busted 5 similar sites as well today, think agora is the only one left but im p sure i'll have to edit this post within 24 hours

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

Crust First posted:

i moved to another country and tombstone pizzas are the only thing i miss.

if you had one now, is there a particular order in which you would eat the parts of the pizza?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Dren posted:

part of that arrogance requires being such a true believer in the magical power of crypto that you don't realize that police can nail your rear end just by regular investigative techniques.

• Locked thread