Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Thanatosian posted:

I'm just saying, merk is joining with them, and once I'm gone, they're probably going to go after you and Rarity next. You may want to protect yourselves in case of a tie by voting early.

Doesn't that mean we want to be voting later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

merk posted:

I'd like to advocate that we all get on IRC to make OOT chat easier.

Unfortunately, we technically can't talk except through our actual contacts. Like, I can only talk to PoP. I can ask him to say things to you or winvirus, but I can't talk OOT directly to you.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Thanks for the helpful reminder!

Also, what's with the two spaces after each sentence? I can handle "GROPING" but who does that?
It's something I learned in early childhood, and have been typing my sentences like that for 25 years. It's too much trouble to break myself of the habit, easier to just do a find/replace when it matters.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Doesn't that mean we want to be voting later?

Nope, in case of a tie, the first player to get to the high number is the one that's eliminated.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Thanatosian posted:

Nope, in case of a tie, the first player to get to the high number is the one that's eliminated.

That is, unless the tie is created by someone switching their vote off of one of the tied players, in which case it's the one that was previously higher.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Speaking of voting, how exactly do we want to go about it? We can vote people who are being helpful because they've outlived their usefulness; we could vote people who aren't being helpful to get their words into the system. We could vote people who have lots of connections so that they don't solve it early; we could vote people who are by themselves because they're a common threat. I don't see why any one options better than the other.

...Or it could come down to a popularity contest. Which is kind of lame all around, but probably just how it goes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Thanatosian posted:

That is cheating.

Byers2142 posted:

Unfortunately, we technically can't talk except through our actual contacts. Like, I can only talk to PoP. I can ask him to say things to you or winvirus, but I can't talk OOT directly to you.

If we're in IRC, then we can use private messaging to talk. We wouldn't all be in one chat room.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I think that a better way to set it up would have been set up six or seven OOT networks. You sign up for a network each night, and you pick one other person to be in that network. You can talk with anyone in either network via PM, IRC, or docs. It's essentially what we have now, since I assume everyone's passing things along the chain for other people, trying to talk with more than just who they're actually talking to.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Yes, and it's way easier to ctrl-c/ctrl-v in IRC than it is through PMs.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ActingPower posted:

Speaking of voting, how exactly do we want to go about it? We can vote people who are being helpful because they've outlived their usefulness; we could vote people who aren't being helpful to get their words into the system. We could vote people who have lots of connections so that they don't solve it early; we could vote people who are by themselves because they're a common threat. I don't see why any one options better than the other.

...Or it could come down to a popularity contest. Which is kind of lame all around, but probably just how it goes.

I mean, the goal of the game is to solve the code first. This is Mario Kart but the only items are Blue Shells. Voting for players on the outside just reinforces the power of the strongest alliance.

I dunno, is the answer.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

If we're in IRC, then we can use private messaging to talk. We wouldn't all be in one chat room.

That seems fair

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is the rest of the Cool Kids' Table going to be joining merk on his anti-Thanatosian crusade?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Thanatosian posted:

Is the rest of the Cool Kids' Table going to be joining merk on his anti-Thanatosian crusade?

Relax, man. Merk isn't even revved up yet.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

I'm in, merk

I'm away from irc til Sunday though since I'm outta town

And thank you thanatasian

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Relax, man. Merk isn't even revved up yet.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

winvirus posted:

Also MMM why didn't you talk to me :(

MildManeredManikin posted:

Yo thano, l'll call you tonight.

Winv, not sure whether you were being serious with me or not, but I'd appreciate a call from you.

:mad:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also, :toot: happy birthday!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I almost called you last night MMM, sorry buddy!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Thanatosian (1): merk
merk (1): Thanatosian

Not Voting (10): ActingPower, Byers2142, EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, MildManeredManikin, Power of Pecota, Rarity, Somberbrero, Strong Mouse, winvirus

There are 12 living players. The elimination is based on a plurality vote!

The current deadline is November 07th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 20 hours, 49 minutes.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

merk/winvirus, did PoP send my message off to you two? I'm getting radio silence here, and we're slated to vote out someone tonight. I still have my guess to make, and I'm flying blind!

Rarity posted:

I don't want to say until I've talked it over with Somb and the other guy. I think it should be a group decision to reveal that. Plus, if I was close to getting all the words I wouldn't exactly announce it to everyone else, would I?

I'm not saying "tell me how many words you have," I'm just asking who you're talking to. I'm trying to keep track of possible lines of communication, especially since in the subway map of communications right now I'm the Far Rockaway stop in Queens.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I have not heard from PoP

And sorry MMM I read it backwards :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

winvirus posted:

Winvirus let us have an in-thread alliance. We can share our words in spoiler tags. No one will look.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

winvirus posted:

Doing it now, I wanted to hear if you were in first~

It was sent off to merk though.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Winvirus let us have an in-thread alliance. We can share our words in spoiler tags. No one will look.

Okay my word is scapula

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Well, I don't really want to vote Thanos or Merk.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hal, you're connected to merk OOT, not winvirus, right?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Well, I don't really want to vote Thanos or Merk.

Who do you want to vote for tonight?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is everyone just waiting until, like, 8:59 EST to cast their vote?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm at work until 7 so kind of, yeah.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

MildManeredManikin posted:

Who do you want to vote for tonight?

Not very many people. Byers would be nice, he seems like he has been very busy and that's making me nervous.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It seems like there's not a huge amount to base votes on rn so all votes feel kind of lovely.

I'd go for PoP or Byers I guess.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Byers2142 posted:

Hal, you're connected to merk OOT, not winvirus, right?

Yes

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

quote:

1. You have identified 3 code segments.

Yay me?!?

Then again, most people should probably be able to get this by today.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Goddamit, winvirus....

##vote EXAKT Science

That's a lurker vote. Hasn't said word one today. No sign he's talking to people OOT. He's one who has a word locked away in PMs; let's unlock it.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Yeah. He hasn't posted anything in here in 3 days.

##vote EXAKT Science

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

on phone, inbox cleared, have more to say soon
##vote EXAKT Science

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Exakt doesn't normally lurk, there hasn't been a ton of activity, and I'm guessing he's at least talking oot. I'm not down. ##vote Byers2142

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah I've been reading the thread but haven't been posting much as I don't really know what I have to add to the conversation at the moment.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah I've been reading the thread but haven't been posting much as I don't really know what I have to add to the conversation at the moment.

I just post every once in a while something random and/or stupid to let people know that I'm not dead and that I'm watching them...

I generally don't do much posting of things of substance, since I don't know anything of substance.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well, I still need to vote defensively, but since merk seems to be a Nader vote, and Byers is allied with merk...

##vote Byers2142

• Locked thread