Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

please hurry up and fix my server also top secret government stuff so no looksies

Robawesome fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

lol

also holy poo poo "that one guy who bought a Tesla with Bitcoins" is the new idiot DPR3

Robawesome fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 7, 2014

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Proteus4994 posted:

why are you people posting in this thread and not playing bitcoin billionaire?

I played it for 5 minutes but then my hand started to burn so I had to put my phone down, I have no idea why this could be.

Just kidding, don't want to put anyone off playing this obviously awesome game, but I was wondering if it's the simulation of a true libertarian dream: do you do stuff to earn bitcoins, and then when you walk down the street you have to pay the sidewalk? I'd really love to see a game that simulates what the libertarians dream of (well, not just the "I'm a billionaire" bit), I can kind of imagine lots of updates like "had to tweak cost of walking on sidewalk because new players instantly got killed by murderdrones for not paying the sidewalk", "version 100: still can't seem tweak all the costs in such a way that players can survive for more than 30 seconds without being killed by drones", ...

Here's what the game looks like in my head:

quote:

Oh no, you got caught!

Buttcoin Daily News posted:

Buttcoin purse was arrested at his home on Thursday and charged with securities fraud and wire fraud. If convicted by a jury of his peers, he faces a scammer tag and will have to change his name.
[Confess to everything]
[Try to mount a defense by reading law books from dumpster]

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
wait so was DPR2 a different person or is it this Blake guy and he just pretended to be two people

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
DPR2 appears to be an unknown person from the court documents that i read, but i could be mistaken.

at least this dipshit cashed out his bitcoins for stuff. didn't OG DPR not cash much of his out and live with a bunch of roommates?

this guy seemed to travel and he bought a model s

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

wait so was DPR2 a different person or is it this Blake guy and he just pretended to be two people

DPR1 is Ulbricht
DPR2 was some guy who ran Silk Road 2 and then quit after BTCKing was arrested. Defcon was his right-hand guy
the "new" DPR2 is Defcon, or Brenthall, the guy the FBI arrested

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Buttcoin purse posted:

I played it for 5 minutes but then my hand started to burn so I had to put my phone down, I have no idea why this could be.

Just kidding, don't want to put anyone off playing this obviously awesome game, but I was wondering if it's the simulation of a true libertarian dream: do you do stuff to earn bitcoins, and then when you walk down the street you have to pay the sidewalk? I'd really love to see a game that simulates what the libertarians dream of (well, not just the "I'm a billionaire" bit), I can kind of imagine lots of updates like "had to tweak cost of walking on sidewalk because new players instantly got killed by murderdrones for not paying the sidewalk", "version 100: still can't seem tweak all the costs in such a way that players can survive for more than 30 seconds without being killed by drones", ...

Here's what the game looks like in my head:

[Confess to everything]
[Try to mount a defense by reading law books from dumpster]
[/quote]

bioshock is a p good game

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

not interested in digging through this guy's social media stuff. was he a libertarian, or just someone into drugs and high tech solutions to get drugs? because you'd think a libertarian would remember the fifth amendment and a few of those 200 minute lectures on youtube where an old man with odd facial hair rambles about how you shouldn't talk to cops unless it's to request a lawyer or ask if you are being detained.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Robawesome posted:

lol

also holy poo poo "that one guy who bought a Tesla with Bitcoins" is the new idiot DPR3

these should be framed and pinned to the yospos hq walls

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Buttcoin purse posted:

You're so close. The only thing you can do in the game is take a step on the sidewalk and immediately be killed by murderdrones because you don't have any money to pay them. That's it that's the entire game.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

TVarmy posted:

not interested in digging through this guy's social media stuff. was he a libertarian, or just someone into drugs and high tech solutions to get drugs? because you'd think a libertarian would remember the fifth amendment and a few of those 200 minute lectures on youtube where an old man with odd facial hair rambles about how you shouldn't talk to cops unless it's to request a lawyer or ask if you are being detained.

He posted in r/ronpaul

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

TVarmy posted:

because you'd think a libertarian would remember the fifth amendment and a few of those 200 minute lectures on youtube where an old man with odd facial hair rambles about how you shouldn't talk to cops unless it's to request a lawyer or ask if you are being detained.
he probably heard "people who cooperate get lesser sentences" and attempted to act rationally

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
anyone else think the govt has some other way of locating these servers that they don't want to let on? it would be hard to believe that this one was misconfigured in the same way the first silkroad was, but then again bitcoiners.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

AlbieQuirky posted:

He posted in r/ronpaul

really missed an opportunity to call it r/onpaul

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

HyperPuma posted:

anyone else think the govt has some other way of locating these servers that they don't want to let on? it would be hard to believe that this one was misconfigured in the same way the first silkroad was, but then again bitcoiners.

with one of the site admins being fbi i imagine it wasn't that difficult

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
oh was he an admin of the actual marketplace not just the forum? and would that give you access to the real ip?

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

It's happening. SR2 seized by DoJ. Are we safe? (self.SilkRoad)

submitted 8 hours ago by somechrisguy

This is horrible news. I am so thankful that I got my last couple of orders in yesterday... I really hope they come through as I will have no way of contacting the vendors. Are we safe? What does this mean for us?

quote:

[–]whothisguy 1 point an hour ago

Wow. This is the first time I haven't been screwed by my poor timing. I lost money on the first seizure, the hack, and ended up losing an order due to DDOS attacks when a vendor ripped me off.

quote:

[–]RelapzZ 1 point an hour ago

Sorry I'm new to Reddit but its the only site I know of that discusses silkroad. I placed in order yesterday with a vendor and want to know if there is a possible way to get in touch with him via tour? Isn't there a SR forum that is only accessible through Tor? The vendor I'm buying from has a page set up to discuss business matters in case SR ever went down. Am I allowed to say a vendors name out loud on this site because he is a pretty popular LSD dealer on SR so someone ought to know him and have access to the link where he said to message him in case SR ever went down.

quote:

[–]A-LittleAboveAverage 1 point 2 hours ago

Serious question, can the BTC addresses used to add funds so SR be traced right back to the account it came from? That would have all the personal info on it... helpp

[–]A-LittleAboveAverage 1 point 2 hours ago

Okay yeah I intentionally (and stupidly) didnt use another tumbling service just because SR had one, even though they said you should use another. But I only made 4 small purchases for my first time ever and then this happened. One of them was not shipped yet either. Anyway as long as they dont try to get the little guys, like myself I hope it will all be okay. This is definitely not the time in my life I want to get hosed for this kind of poo poo. Things were finally looking in the clear.

quote:

[–]Raindrops77 -1 points 3 hours ago

Whoever needs something, PM me!

quote:

[–]Doorhorse 1 point 6 hours ago

I just placed an order last night, any ideas on the probability of that order being fulfilled? What a bummer.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

HyperPuma posted:

oh was he an admin of the actual marketplace not just the forum? and would that give you access to the real ip?

hard to say depends on what this here #include means

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Lightbulb Out posted:

DPR2 appears to be an unknown person from the court documents that i read, but i could be mistaken.

at least this dipshit cashed out his bitcoins for stuff. didn't OG DPR not cash much of his out and live with a bunch of roommates?

this guy seemed to travel and he bought a model s

ostentatious purchases way beyond your means seem like a great way to get caught to me

that the model s was way above his means is why they included it in the affidavit, to further establish that he was doing shady poo poo and that they should be allowed to arrest him

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
what ive read about drug dealing and other illicit economy stuff is that its real hard to spend the money you make unless youve put the effort into set up a really good laundering system, so you end up spending all your cash on dumb flashy poo poo that costs less than $1000. i think its one of the reasons drug dealers have a reputation for dressing in sharp clothes and wearing a lot of jewelry and going to clubs comes from - there really isnt much else they can do with their money

and now you know where that guy in college who had one of every video game system and a continuous supply of all the latest games could afford all the stuff

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
silkroad moderators: undercover FBI agent
TVIV moderator: undercover pedo

makes u think

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Dren posted:

You're so close. The only thing you can do in the game is take a step on the sidewalk and immediately be killed by murderdrones because you don't have any money to pay them. That's it that's the entire game.

you can also willingly sell yourself into slavery (sexual or otherwise) so that you can afford to walk on the sidewalk far enough to buy food from the store with the lowest incidence of food poisoning this month (information which you also had to pay for)

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

FMguru posted:

what ive read about drug dealing and other illicit economy stuff is that its real hard to spend the money you make unless youve put the effort into set up a really good laundering system, so you end up spending all your cash on dumb flashy poo poo that costs less than $1000. i think its one of the reasons drug dealers have a reputation for dressing in sharp clothes and wearing a lot of jewelry and going to clubs comes from - there really isnt much else they can do with their money

and now you know where that guy in college who had one of every video game system and a continuous supply of all the latest games could afford all the stuff

rick, the guy who runs the pawn stars pawn shop, has a book out where he makes the claim that the reasons pimps wear flashy rings and stuff is because cops don't confiscate them and so they can always hand an expensive ring to a friend to go pawn for bail.

idk if drug dealers have (some of) the same thought process i just like the idea of tactical pimp jewelry.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

FMguru posted:

as an ex-irl (and convicted) drug dealer i can tell you its not hard to spend lots of cash. i bought a few 10k+ cars and trucks in cash, insurance companies don't ask where you work or where the money comes from and neither do dealerships. laundering lots of money isnt very hard but most small-timer drug dealers dont make enough to launder and just end up buying expensive clothes. i paid for college with drug money.

Same Great Paste posted:

because cops don't confiscate them and so they can always hand an expensive ring to a friend to go pawn for bail.

this kinda makes sense but most drug dealers just keep a bunch of cash, in more than one location if you're not absolutely retarded, so if your house gets raided you at least have get-on-your-feet-and-pay-the-lawyer money

Misandrist Duck
Oct 22, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

silkroad moderators: undercover FBI agent
TVIV moderator: undercover pedo

makes u think

mods knew

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

Proteus4994 posted:

why are you people posting in this thread and not playing bitcoin billionaire?

games are for when you have to wait while not at work

threads are for when you have to wait while at work

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Robawesome posted:

as an ex-irl (and convicted) drug dealer i can tell you its not hard to spend lots of cash. i bought a few 10k+ cars and trucks in cash, insurance companies don't ask where you work or where the money comes from and neither do dealerships. laundering lots of money isnt very hard but most small-timer drug dealers dont make enough to launder and just end up buying expensive clothes. i paid for college with drug money.

high end dealers like land rover, BMW, ME/BE do care about where the money comes from. their franchise agreements require them to vet buyers paying in cash. straw buyers reselling to china is big business.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Same Great Paste posted:

tactical pimp jewelry

wow, mods

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 7, 2014

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Robawesome posted:

It's happening. SR2 seized by DoJ. Are we safe? (self.SilkRoad)

submitted 8 hours ago by somechrisguy

This is horrible news. I am so thankful that I got my last couple of orders in yesterday... I really hope they come through as I will have no way of contacting the vendors. Are we safe? What does this mean for us?

why do these people keep admitting to the their crimes in a public space

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

duTrieux. posted:

they'll never guess it was chris

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

duTrieux. posted:

unlike silk road users, information wants to be free

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

duTrieux. posted:

please, the fbi couldn't possibly identify someone based solely on their reddit username have you learned nothing from the SR2.0 affadavit

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
lmao at all the silkroaders meekly asking if their drug dealers are going to fulfill orders placed on a site that's been seized by the loving FBI

i'm sure they'll get right on that jesus christ

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
this is what happens when you let pasty nerds buy drugs over the internet.

if they had grown up buying drugs the old fashioned way, from a shady guy you know through a "friend" that you don't want to see any more than is absolutely necessary, they'd know better.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Thesoro posted:

lmao at all the silkroaders meekly asking if their drug dealers are going to fulfill orders placed on a site that's been seized by the loving FBI

i'm sure they'll get right on that jesus christ

They have to fulfill their contract!

Anyways, I can't believe that I have been laughing at butts for so many years and the well is still not dry.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

DaTroof posted:

unlike silk road users, information wants to be free

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

i was playing buttcoin billionaire and i got an ad for a goddamn iphone anime dating game for women

woozle wuzzle
Mar 10, 2012
you won

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Robawesome posted:

please hurry up and fix my server also top secret government stuff so no looksies
this was already after it genuinely was under top secret government control though, right? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

jony ive aces posted:

this was already after it genuinely was under top secret government control though, right? :smug:

it was after while it was imaged. i guess if you count the fbi admin, then yes.

basically sr2.0 was hosed before it even launched.

i'm still wondering why the gently caress this guy had supplier lists on his laptop, let alone in plaintext.

• Locked thread