Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Cowboy Henk is the best Henk

post fewer opinions and more surreal poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

from the funny pic thread

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
alternate ending, prolly better w/out text

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/loPsO9X.png

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Why did I click on that

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:rip:

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

N. Senada posted:

im pretty upset right now and i dont really like you and im reporting your post to the police via 911.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

N. Senada posted:

Why would you do that?

And why haven't I learned to stop blindly clicking on links?

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

N. Senada posted:

would be better without text

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

prezbuluskey posted:

would be better without text

Or pictures

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Once again the goatkcd version is superior.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't understand the punchline of the original. How is "OH" and then "MY GOD" the end of the comic? Poopfox is at least a gross joke.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Women can make funny OH, MY GOD noises when they are shocked or horrified by something, and some people find this humorous.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...
As an example:

quote:

OH, MY GOD, BECKY... LOOK AT HER BUTT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQLAbi79vuE

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

flowinprose posted:

As an example:

It's gonna be a few hours until I can appreciate big butts again.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

davidspackage posted:

It's gonna be a few hours until I can appreciate big butts again.

That's an oddly lengthy refractory period.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Breetai posted:

That's an oddly lengthy refractory period.

Oh my god, Becky, look at his refractory period.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

N. Senada posted:

did you draw that

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
PYF Funny Comics: Poop out of your butt like an animal

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

PYF Funny Comics: Actually, Don't

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
PYF Funny Comics: Everyone likes bad comics and you should let them know. Raise awareness!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Lost of posts with opinions and not comics on this page. Lots of talk about butts and poop that don't include comics. Lots of trash posts trashing up a thread. Are there no more funny comics to post?

More here

edit: These are all Smiths lyrics, if you were wondering why they weren't funny. Please post your opinions on how The Smiths and Achewood are similarly overrated, preferably for multiple pages without posting any comics to break up the discussion.

LawfulWaffle has a new favorite as of 18:02 on Nov 7, 2014

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Thought those were just actual Peanuts comics.

Well, save for the drunken Snoopy one.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Jisei posted:

Agreed about the pacing and timing, there was so much open space. I thought the whiskey and toilet sections worked and were closest to "feeling" like Achewood. Cool that it exists at all, though!

I actually thought Toby Huss was spot-on for the voice Ray always had in my head, enough that I said "holy poo poo" when he started talking. Onstad makes a good Roast Beef, but I always imagined Beef spoke exclusively in a quiet monotone, like, even more flat than he was doing it, like someone who just realized they have to apologize about something.

My reference for Roast Beef has always been Boomhauer from King of the Hill. Not the same accent, but the same manner of speaking.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Lord of Hats posted:

My reference for Roast Beef has always been Boomhauer from King of the Hill. Not the same accent, but the same manner of speaking.

Beef voiced by Onstad
Boomhauer voiced by Mike Judge

think you might be onto something

Smooch City
Dec 5, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

Lost of posts with opinions and not comics on this page. Lots of talk about butts and poop that don't include comics. Lots of trash posts trashing up a thread. Are there no more funny comics to post?

More here

edit: These are all Smiths lyrics, if you were wondering why they weren't funny. Please post your opinions on how The Smiths and Achewood are similarly overrated, preferably for multiple pages without posting any comics to break up the discussion.

I don't why, but these are goddamn hilarious.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Smooch City posted:

I don't why, but these are goddamn hilarious.

Helps that Peanuts can be rather funny in the first place. Also we don't know the difference between sad and funny.

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

More here

The Smiths are great if you listen to their entire catalog from the beginning and appreciate the individual voices of all the characters.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

N. Senada posted:

I can understand posting the first one since it's kinda funny from the perspective of it being a furry comic where one furry is completely grossed out by the other's weird fetish, but why would you both know where to find the second one and post it?

The second cigar makes me giggle.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

LawfulWaffle posted:

More here

Could have fooled me, those all seemed plausibly real.

I hear that if you remove the final panel, Peanuts comics become weirdly depressing.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Minarch posted:

I hear that if you remove the final panel, Peanuts comics become weirdly depressing.

Checks out.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The Lord of Hats posted:

aw man dang heaven's chinese takeout cold drew a dang dong on my dang receipt man

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

bucketmouse posted:

I can understand posting the first one since it's kinda funny from the perspective of it being a furry comic where one furry is completely grossed out by the other's weird fetish, but why would you both know where to find the second one and post it?

Because the second one also came up in the funny pictures thread.

I just don't want you to think (too much) less of your fellow poster.

marshmallow creep has a new favorite as of 15:44 on Nov 8, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

For most of these I don't think it's a coincidence. His characters were always kind of suffering, and this just strips off the punch lines.

:smith:

Yeah, I missed the link at the bottom. Looks like that website nailed it ...

quote:

Charles Schulz's Peanuts comics often conceal the existential despair of their world with a closing joke at the characters' expense. With the last panel omitted, despair pervades all.

RadioDog has a new favorite as of 19:29 on Nov 8, 2014

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
You know, I wonder if there was some event in his life that helped Peanuts make the transition to that?
I mean, the first year of Peanuts is charming, cute and actually funny!

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Johnny Aztec posted:

You know, I wonder if there was some event in his life that helped Peanuts make the transition to that?
I mean, the first year of Peanuts is charming, cute and actually funny!

Humor often is a twist on something otherwise bleak. I don't want to search back through the comic strip thread right now, but Pickles is another great one to turn really depressing by stripping off the last panel.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Jesus Christ.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

3anuts is great

Killer robot posted:

Humor often is a twist on something otherwise bleak. I don't want to search back through the comic strip thread right now, but Pickles is another great one to turn really depressing by stripping off the last panel.

Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

One reason I like Kate Beaton is she's educational. I had never once heard of this:

marshmallow creep has a new favorite as of 01:49 on Nov 9, 2014

• Locked thread