Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
My method for E. Nigma in Origins was to ignore him and skip everything I didn't need to do for the main story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I left the datapacks until after the Firefly boss fight. Wandering around with all my gear unlocked, just collecting trinkets was weirdly relaxing and helped me get to sleep on more than one occasion, haha. Thankfully you only have to do it once for an NG/NG+/I Am The Night cycle.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I'm going through collecting riddler trophies in Arkham City, and one of them just plain isn't appearing in the steel mill. It's #9 in this list: http://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham-city-riddler-guide/?page=31

Is there anyway to fix this?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Are you sure you're in the right room? I know I've gotten confused by a number of rooms in the Steel Mill before.

That and have you made you didn't collect it already?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Orgophlax posted:

I'm going through collecting riddler trophies in Arkham City, and one of them just plain isn't appearing in the steel mill. It's #9 in this list: http://www.gamesradar.com/batman-arkham-city-riddler-guide/?page=31

Is there anyway to fix this?

Is it possible it's a Harley Quinn head that you didn't blow up with the remote electrical charge? That poo poo stumped me in the steel mill for quite a bit, and the trophies sometimes overlap, so you may have grabbed #9 and still have a Harley Head nearby.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Are you sure you're in the right room? I know I've gotten confused by a number of rooms in the Steel Mill before.

That and have you made you didn't collect it already?

chaosapiant posted:

Is it possible it's a Harley Quinn head that you didn't blow up with the remote electrical charge? That poo poo stumped me in the steel mill for quite a bit, and the trophies sometimes overlap, so you may have grabbed #9 and still have a Harley Head nearby.

No, I'm definitely in the right spot (screenshot matched it), and the one labeled 9 on that page is showing uncollected in my collectibles menu (I've destroyed all the Harley heads). And the map shows 1 riddler trophy left in the Steel Mill.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

How is I Am The Night mode? Will outside of combat deaths cause you to have to start over (falling into water, falling into those grinders at Blackgate)? Are there significantly harder predator or combat sections? I didn't find New Game Plus all that difficult after mastering most of the challenge maps and three games of this stuff, and I only really died a few times at the final Bane fight. I figured as long as I'm restarting when I'm near death it won't be a huge problem.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pretty much the only reason to do I Am The Night is for the achievement, as far as I could tell it was identical in every way to New Game+ apart from death eating your save. I don't recall the game feeling any more difficult or there being more/tougher enemies - the only difference is that you're a bit more paranoid about how you play because one stray shot can wreck a few hours of gameplay.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I "died" during the QTE at the end of the Firefly fight because I forgot about it and the game dumped me back to the title screen, but when I chose to continue I Am The Night mode it sent me back to the exact same sequence that I then succeeded and proceeded to beat the game and unlock the achievement. So maybe you're allowed to die during scripted sequences? Or the game failed to delete my save somehow.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Pretty much the only reason to do I Am The Night is for the achievement, as far as I could tell it was identical in every way to New Game+ apart from death eating your save. I don't recall the game feeling any more difficult or there being more/tougher enemies - the only difference is that you're a bit more paranoid about how you play because one stray shot can wreck a few hours of gameplay.

Beating I Am the Night mode used to give you the Worst Nightmare skin (spooky ghost monster Batman who would beat the poo poo out of Joker in cutscenes), but for some reason they canceled that feature before release. :shepface:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The fact that that they never patched spooky ghost monster Batman back into the game makes me sad. :smith:

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I'm playing Arkham Origins PC and I'm in the final fight in the prison chapel and I'm stuck. I can counter the gun to my head but when I throw the villain into the stained glass and he comes at me with two shards as knives I get no prompt to counter and i just die. I've tried changing graphics, changing resolution, using a gamepad instead of a keyboard, going into a map screen before the fight, trying it in detective mode, turning off and on detective mode.... nothing brings up any key prompts.

I bought the game in the Steam summer sale a few months ago, and I read around that this was supposedly patched back in January. What gives? Anyone have a fix for me?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Turn the game off then turn it back on. It's what I had to do to get around that.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Turn the game off then turn it back on. It's what I had to do to get around that.

I had to try it twice, but it worked. Thanks!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The fact that that they never patched spooky ghost monster Batman back into the game makes me sad. :smith:

Spooky Ghost Monster Batman had incomplete particle effects that were corrupting drivers on test computers, or something of the sort, iirc.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Discendo Vox posted:

Spooky Ghost Monster Batman had incomplete particle effects that were corrupting drivers on test computers, or something of the sort, iirc.

I had no idea that skin was thing until now :smith:

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

I posted a while back about not being able to find riddler markers on my map in Origins. Turns out that maybe they don't show on New Game Plus? I went back into my regular game save and they were there no problem. Seems kind of strange if this is a feature, but I'm guessing it's kind of a weird bug.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Now that I found out about this, I want to play it more than another Arkham sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65IsSRMi4i0

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
That cape looks so horrible. No piece of fabric has ever behaved that way. Do you really trust the developers of F.3.A.R. to make a good Batman game?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Well, no. To clarify, I want someone to make a good Gotham by Gaslight game more than I want to play another in the Arkham setting. Someone that can make it good.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

That cape looks so horrible. No piece of fabric has ever behaved that way. Do you really trust the developers of F.3.A.R. to make a good Batman game?

The cape looks fine for a prototype video.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

I'm pretty sure we're hitting Poe's Law here. Shadows of Mordor was made by the guys who did FEAR, and that's an excellent Batman game.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
But F.E.A.R. is really good. I was talking about F.3.A.R. With a 3.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Crappy Jack posted:

I'm pretty sure we're hitting Poe's Law here. Shadows of Mordor was made by the guys who did FEAR, and that's an excellent Batman game.
And Shadows of Mordor has some really good cape physics.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

Wasn't SoM originally a Batman game set in the Nolanverse?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pirate Jet posted:

Wasn't SoM originally a Batman game set in the Nolanverse?

Doubtful. The Batman Begins game came out and was made by Eurocom, and the cancelled Dark Knight game was being worked on by Pandemic.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
A new Calendar Man easter egg has been found in Arkham City, three years or so after release, and only after Rocksteady posted a video teasing that it even existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=temF1OFCIPg

Rocksteady are pretty drat good at easter egg hiding, eh?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I can't imagine why no one ever found that before :rolleyes:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

How did they expect anyone to find that?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Remember, they did the exact same thing in Asylum with the hidden room that you had to bomb a completely unremarkable wall in a very exact and specific way to access. At this point I think they just love doing it just for giggles.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I don't think they really cared if anyone ever did if they didn't mention it for 3 years.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 14, 2014

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

redbackground posted:

I don't think they really cared if anyone ever did.

Which is why they posted a video to try and tease it out, clearly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Fair enough.

Since I just discovered this thread yesterday and am binging the videos at the moment, I'd like to say that, while I do have problems with this version of Strange, I do like how his whole "I have won" mentality is shown very well in the first scene, with him talking to Bruce in an all black background much like the Game Over screen taunts.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

The Kins posted:

A new Calendar Man easter egg has been found in Arkham City, three years or so after release, and only after Rocksteady posted a video teasing that it even existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=temF1OFCIPg

Rocksteady are pretty drat good at easter egg hiding, eh?

Can't watch videos at work, can someone explain what it is?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Orgophlax posted:

Can't watch videos at work, can someone explain what it is?

Calender Man basically says something to the extent of "Oh, so you remembered this day? As you grew, so did I. I began to perfect my craft slowly as you were beginning. I was there at your start and I will be there at your end."

Basically a teaser that more or less says he'll be in Arkham Knight.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Timby posted:

Doubtful. The Batman Begins game came out and was made by Eurocom, and the cancelled Dark Knight game was being worked on by Pandemic.

The structure, nemesis system and many movement animations in Mordor actually are from this canned Dark Knight game.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

We really missed out on the Batman sharing his body with a wraith from 10,000 years ago? Goddamn it!

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

We really missed out on the Batman sharing his body with a wraith from 10,000 years ago? Goddamn it!

If they had kept that element in, I could totally see them doing that sort of thing with Ra's al Ghul's spirit or something, actually.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Calender Man basically says something to the extent of "Oh, so you remembered this day? As you grew, so did I. I began to perfect my craft slowly as you were beginning. I was there at your start and I will be there at your end."

Basically a teaser that more or less says he'll be in Arkham Knight.
The date you have to set your system to is also the day Rocksteady was founded (December 13 2004), so it also doubles as a little nod to how Rocksteady suddenly went from nobodies to fronting a massive AAA franchise from start to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, the easter egg is cool but obviously it was made to be revealed years after in anticipation of their next game or something. Wouldn't be surprised if AK down the line had one. The only way you'd conceivably find it is if you literally scrolled through all the game's assets, which is a huge waste of time so whatever.

• Locked thread