Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Apthous posted:

The shits I give about #lamergate is below zero. The shits I give about not being able to play the new CoD on my 5 year old graphics card is somewhat high.

ha ha ha look at this grandpa

go upgrade your card dummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Please add to the OP.

To fix texture blur turn off Cache (Sun,Spot) Shadow Maps under advanced video settings.

Example of texture blur:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

dreffen posted:

Remote turret. :unsmigghh:

You're a loving idiot that killstreak sucks.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
We making a clan for this poo poo?

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

Hey guys whats your favorite kill streaks?

wallhack uav with support on it. hope you like having low profile on all your loadouts

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Bloodmobile posted:

wallhack uav with support on it. hope you like having low profile on all your loadouts

Or a launcher. What is your third customization or do you only run support and threat?

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

Or a launcher. What is your third customization or do you only run support and threat?

not running orbital right now since nobody ever shoots my poo poo down. will do so after the first time it happens

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
this game is really good

at making me wish i was playing Titanfall instead :smuggo:

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Hollenhammer posted:

ha ha ha look at this grandpa

go upgrade your card dummy

I'm thinking about it. I've been playing MW3 for the past 2-3 years and usually get a 7-1 kill ratio if no one is hacking.

For all the people that act like stomping pubs is no big deal, I really disagree. Going like 26-4 every game takes a lot of skill.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Knifegrab posted:

You're a loving idiot that killstreak sucks.

b-but the automated turret is real good ok

Antoine Silvere posted:

this game is really good

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Antoine Silvere posted:

this game is really good

Maybe then you'd actually go positive.

:colbert:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Am I the only one who's genuinely enjoying this game?
It's a fun game, and maybe it's because my PC is like two months old, but I haven't had any real issues except cut scenes in single player stuttering a bit for the first few seconds.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Apthous posted:

For the record I can't play this game because my graphics card is 5 years old and can't run directx 11. CoD can infact run though on an xbox 360 which was released 9 years ago.

Say what you will about #gamergate, but it really was an indication that the gaming industry is becoming infested with people that don't actually care about gaming and are committed to its destruction. Obviously #gamergate has nothing directly to do with lovely PC support for the new CoD, it is just the canary in the mine with regards to this stuff.

So basically gently caress this gay earth. There is no logical reason why this game should not be able to be played on older graphics cards. I can understand low frame rates, or maybe some graphical glitches, but to simply just straight up not being able to run is just not right.

haha bithc

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Any of you proleet MLG gaymers want to run the coop bullshit for some badass shin guards?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

Maybe then you'd actually go positive.

:colbert:

Umm ratios less than 1.0 are still positive you dumb loving nerd
:goonsay:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Antoine Silvere posted:

Umm ratios less than 1.0 are still positive you dumb loving nerd
:goonsay:

Go gently caress yerself in yer big stupid dumb face. Math means nothing, now excuse me while I jerk off to these weapon stat spreadsheets.

Game is good, not titanfall good but good.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Apthous posted:

For the record I can't play this game because my graphics card is 5 years old and can't run directx 11. CoD can infact run though on an xbox 360 which was released 9 years ago.

Say what you will about #gamergate, but it really was an indication that the gaming industry is becoming infested with people that don't actually care about gaming and are committed to its destruction. Obviously #gamergate has nothing directly to do with lovely PC support for the new CoD, it is just the canary in the mine with regards to this stuff.

So basically gently caress this gay earth. There is no logical reason why this game should not be able to be played on older graphics cards. I can understand low frame rates, or maybe some graphical glitches, but to simply just straight up not being able to run is just not right.

Which 5 year old GPU is this? Stuff is still running fine on my 5850, which is from mid 2009.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Twerk from Home posted:

Which 5 year old GPU is this? Stuff is still running fine on my 5850, which is from mid 2009.

GTX 260, so its actually 6 years old, but still.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Apthous posted:

GTX 260, so its actually 6 years old, but still.

Dude its time to upgrade holy poo poo.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

Knifegrab posted:

Dude its time to upgrade holy poo poo.

I can run MW3, BF3 silky smooth. I also ran the bf4 beta silky smooth as well.

And I think I have a higher RAM version of the gtx260, which from my understanding gives me better performance in Maya. So I'm not even sure upgrading my graphics card just to run dx11 would even improve Maya viewport speed because I remember reading when I was purchasing my computer a few years ago that its totally dependent on GPU RAM or some poo poo like that.

Apthous fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 7, 2014

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Apthous posted:

I can run MW3, BF3 silky smooth. I also ran the bf4 beta silky smooth as well.

And I think I have a higher RAM version of the gtx260, which from my understanding gives me better performance in Maya. So I'm not even sure upgrading my graphics card just to run dx11 would even improve Maya viewport speed because I remember reading when I was purchasing my computer a few years ago that its totally dependent on GPU RAM or some poo poo like that.

MW3 came out in like 2011 or some poo poo please stop complaining about a new video game not being able to run on your old rear end computer.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

dreffen posted:

MW3 came out in like 2011 or some poo poo please stop complaining about a new video game not being able to run on your old rear end computer.

It used to be that when your computer got old newer games would just run slowly. The last time I encountered a game that simply couldn't run because of hardware was back around 2000 (or before or whenever that was) when you first started needing dedicated GPUs to play games. I can understand that somewhat, but like I said the fact that AW can run on a loving Xbox 360 which came out in 2005 makes me mad as gently caress that it can't run on my graphics card which came out in late 2008. And there is no loving way that there has been such a loving advancement in graphics from dx9 to dx11 that requires some massive change in hardware. AW looks arguably worse than loving bf3 in some places.

The fact that there is requirement for the game to run on dx11 and nothing else tells me that either the developers were too loving lazy to code in support for lower versions of dx (civ 5 gave you the option of running the game in lower versions of dx), or someone stands to make money from forcing people to buy new video cards.

Yes I know I could just spring the money for a new card that supports dx11, but its the principle of the loving thing at this point. I don't like being jerked around and told what to do by either lazy programmers or corrupt businessmen.

RiperSnifler
Aug 19, 2005
Well shit

Mymla posted:

Am I the only one who's genuinely enjoying this game?
It's a fun game, and maybe it's because my PC is like two months old, but I haven't had any real issues except cut scenes in single player stuttering a bit for the first few seconds.
Nope, you're not. I have a two year old AMD CPU and I still manged to get it running fine with lower settings.

Singleplayer is the best since MW1 and the multiplayer is a lot of fun too.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

Apthous posted:

It used to be that when your computer got old newer games would just run slowly. The last time I encountered a game that simply couldn't run because of hardware was back around 2000 (or before or whenever that was) when you first started needing dedicated GPUs to play games. I can understand that somewhat, but like I said the fact that AW can run on a loving Xbox 360 which came out in 2005 makes me mad as gently caress that it can't run on my graphics card which came out in late 2008. And there is no loving way that there has been such a loving advancement in graphics from dx9 to dx11 that requires some massive change in hardware. AW looks arguably worse than loving bf3 in some places.

The fact that there is requirement for the game to run on dx11 and nothing else tells me that either the developers were too loving lazy to code in support for lower versions of dx (civ 5 gave you the option of running the game in lower versions of dx), or someone stands to make money from forcing people to buy new video cards.

Yes I know I could just spring the money for a new card that supports dx11, but its the principle of the loving thing at this point. I don't like being jerked around and told what to do by either lazy programmers or corrupt businessmen.

You sound very out of touch and I'm sorry

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

zwdzk posted:

You sound very out of touch and I'm sorry

Oh ok. Since you put it that way...

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Apthous posted:

Oh ok. Since you put it that way...

Get with the times or GTFO

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Apthous posted:

I think consoles are better suited for you. (Hint: Its because you're an idiot).

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Knifegrab posted:

I think consoles are better suited for you. (Hint: Its because you're an idiot).

Gonna go a step further and say no video games at all ever are better suited for him.

Because only a mentally ill person writes something like this:

quote:

Say what you will about #gamergate, but it really was an indication that the gaming industry is becoming infested with people that don't actually care about gaming and are committed to its destruction.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
Oh god I can get this game for 40 bucks on G2A and I have 5 minutes left :negative:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

zwdzk posted:

Oh god I can get this game for 40 bucks on G2A and I have 5 minutes left :negative:

Do it if you like a nice nugget of good multiplayer covered in poo poo that has host migration.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Odd issues I've had today:

Starting a game on Ascension, and the bright sunny daytime skybox of another map seemed to have loaded instead of its normal dark and stormy one. changed back to normal after I died.

The realisation that I've yet to play a game on the Golden Gate Bridge map, as every time it's started to laod it's timed out.

Getting ito a game that I actually had full bars on yet the framerate was that of a flickbook, being operated by an elderly rthritic gentleman. With Parkinsons.

Discovering I can reliably crash the game by spinning my character round in the customisation screen.

Game crashing, haivng to ctrl+alt+delete and kill the process, yet somehow my machines RAM use was up at 97% after crash and wouldnt go back to normal till I rebooted.

All in all another quality Call of Duty console port.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Apthous posted:

wont SOMEONE think of the old graphics cards??? gamergat was right all along :qq::hf::tinfoil:

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
The only map I can barely ever load is Defender.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

So is this fun in MP? My last experience was playing a silenced shotgun + that shootable knife guy in Black Ops so that's my yardstick.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

neurotech posted:

So is this fun in MP? My last experience was playing a silenced shotgun + that shootable knife guy in Black Ops so that's my yardstick.

Yes, however connectivity issues are kinda bogging down what is, at its core, one of the most fun COD's to date.

Shotgun builds are in, but silenced shotguns aren't a thing anymore (I think).

Tac-knifes do exist and several of us in the thread have used them to great success.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Knifegrab posted:

Yes, however connectivity issues are kinda bogging down what is, at its core, one of the most fun COD's to date.

Shotgun builds are in, but silenced shotguns aren't a thing anymore (I think).

Tac-knifes do exist and several of us in the thread have used them to great success.

Thanks. Are the connectivity issues a NA thing or global? (I'm aussie)

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

neurotech posted:

Thanks. Are the connectivity issues a NA thing or global? (I'm aussie)

Seems global. Current rumor is that the game prefers trueskill matchmaking to ping but its unconfirmed. Basically even if there a game two feet from you, its gonna choose the game in Ukraine because that dude is close to you in skill.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Anyone experiencing SP crashes? This game is unplayable for me. I have latest drivers, even turned graphics options to minimums. Crashes 10 minutes in, every time.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

Knifegrab posted:

Game is good, not titanfall good but good.

Wait, was that facetious?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

zwdzk posted:

Wait, was that facetious?

No. Because Titanfall for what faults it had (campaign) had things that were done correctly (servers, general pace and gameplay).

Titanfall is largely a good game.

• Locked thread