Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hobbit posted:

Ok, question for the thread. What's your favorite band that only had one (principle) release but you really wish they had more material?

My entry is Rocket From the Tombs.

The Falcon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Just got back from Weekend Nachos/La Armada/other Chicago hardcore bands. Spectacular show from both of them, especially La Armada, who organized the event and had their vocalist led on stage in a prison jumpsuit by a fake officer. Nachos played SCAB and nobody gave a poo poo, so I'm guessing it's not considered a cop apologist song. More importantly they had one of the wildest pits I've ever seen.

Bought La Armada's EP too. Thieves were good. Brick Assassin were ok.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Hobbit posted:

Ok, question for the thread. What's your favorite band that only had one (principle) release but you really wish they had more material?

shitlickers duh

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
changing my selection to descendents

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

changing mine to the Sex Pistols :unsmigghh:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

stay depressed posted:

changing my selection to descendents

Agreed, it's sad that ALL is their only contribution to the world.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

http://dyingscene.com/news/ben-weasel-pens-essay-in-response-to-fat-mike-hitting-fan/

let's set the over/under on Ben Weasel killing somebody

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

rabidsquid posted:

The Falcon.

gently caress Brendan.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Ferrule posted:

gently caress Brendan.

Would.

Hobbit
Dec 5, 2009

The Undisputed Despot
of The Atoll of Misfit Toys

Colonel Weasel, back stage, with the shotgun.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
ben weasel sucks

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bean Woozle being a lunatic makes way more sense when you realize he went to a "therapeutic learning community" that brainwashed the gently caress out of him when he was a teenager. Any time you read about how he went to a school to get off drugs and it totally changed his life, it changed his life by brainwashing him.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Ben Weasel is a bag of poo poo that was part of a great band that he helped ruin the reputation of 25-30 years later. gently caress it he had his day and now he is being second hand re-written on clickbait blogs. (I don't really know if that site is a blog or clickbait.)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

NinetySevenA posted:

Ben Weasel is a bag of poo poo that was part of a great band that he helped ruin the reputation of 25-30 years later. gently caress it he had his day and now he is being second hand re-written on clickbait blogs. (I don't really know if that site is a blog or clickbait.)
It's a blog. One of my Facebook friends (and also a goon, though I don't think she's posted here in a long time) said she knew him in the '80s. She couldn't get through all of his rant. I wonder if she has any hosed-up stories about him.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 9, 2014

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
"You need to apologize. Forever. Even though you've already done it. What do you mean it's because everyone can tell I just said it to try to shut people up"

Meanwhile Fat Mike and that dude actually apologized to each other and everything's chill.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

NinetySevenA posted:

Ben Weasel is a bag of poo poo that was part of a great band

My Brain Hurts is okay for what it is i guess, and i kinda like their cover of Linger despite myself

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
My Brain Hurts, is dope, and good.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I'm gonna get 4-can drunk tomorrow and rock out at a pennywise/Rise Against show...

Should be fun

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Y-Hat posted:

It's a blog. One of my Facebook friends (and also a goon, though I don't think she's posted here in a long time) said she knew him in the '80s. She couldn't get through all of his rant. I wonder if she has any hosed-up stories about him.

Lot's of us knew him in the 80's and 90's and all the stories are hosed up.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ferrule posted:

I am literally doing this: :allears: right now irl.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ferrule posted:

Please elaborate, if possible.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Thinking about going to see Sick of It All next week. Do they typically put on a good show?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Declan MacManus posted:

Thinking about going to see Sick of It All next week. Do they typically put on a good show?

Last time I saw them was in 2002 or 2003 and was a great time. 10+ years is a long time though, no idea how much has changed.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Merauder posted:

Last time I saw them was in 2002 or 2003 and was a great time. 10+ years is a long time though, no idea how much has changed.

Saw them in 2010 and they were immense, I'd say go

Falls Motel
May 2, 2009
Cross post from the metal thread and shameless self promotion. metallic hardcore, listen or suffer the consequences. Our dumb demo, it just came out holy poo poo it's super fresh

http://azizampls.bandcamp.com/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Not sure if this is the absolute best place to post it, but the Full of Hell/Merzbow collaboration is streaming on Pitchfork Advance: http://pitchfork.com/advance/600-full-of-hell-merzbow/

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
new Rozwell Kid album is my favourite thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSSMG9yKqQA

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Hobbit posted:

Little late to the party but I throw a vote to Age Sixteen, I've been listening to that one album for years, I think Peter Pan Complex might be still be my most listened to song of all time on last.FM

Also I bought the new Pianos Become the Teeth album last night (had no idea it had come out). I enjoyed but having no screams whatsoever was kind of strange. Still pretty good melodies but there was no Houses We Die In or Filial or anything that really hooked me.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Repine has grown on me a decent bit, but overall the newest Pianos album leaves me cold.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
she's open waiting for more
and i know he's only looking to score
and it is way too unhealthy
often they typically
been starved for attention before

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.
Dude Ranch > Self Titled > Enema > Cheshire > Buddha > TOYPAJ

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
dude ranch is extremely good

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Enema/Tom & Travis show and Dude Ranch have a special place in my heart.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

all of Dude Ranch > Carousel >>>>>>>>>>> everything else

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

dam its true

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
never trust anyone who dislikes dude ranch

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

stay depressed posted:

dude ranch is extremely good

This and also

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

This

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

But also these two:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHalAUHOrKc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1fECcM0cS4

Oh and this too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF28BO3N-_Q

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I really enjoyed that Rozwell Kid song. snagged the lp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

y'know I'm gonna revise my list to include Dumpweed too, that's a good song