Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

infernal machines posted:

lol. what do you eat?

here in civilization meat and produce cost money. if you don't plan to eat like a third-worlder $25 a week isn't going to feed you very well.

it was a reference to the image pumpy dumper got his av from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

TVarmy posted:

'ol two-weiner-bill there already has a double chin forming.

gg mom.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

TVarmy posted:

wtf everyone knows jughead prefers burgers

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Red Anniversary

Bitcoin first reached its current price 344.88 on or around

Sat 08 Nov 2014 08:16:49

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
:toot:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pumpy Dumper posted:

my rent alone is $1300/month

$50/week for groceries

$90/month for cell phone

$100 for internet

thats $1700 alone so

Sonny lives in a house and drives an audi paid for in cash with customer funds. That's the2 biggest expenses gone right there.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

what i don't get about josh and bfl, he ratfucks them, somehow avoids prosecution (so far) but then continues to defend their honour online

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Pocket posted:

what i don't get about josh and bfl, he ratfucks them, somehow avoids prosecution (so far) but then continues to defend their honour online

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Pocket posted:

it's all civil atm so nobody was charged

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pumpy Dumper posted:

$90/month for cell phone

$100 for internet

lol what

"Dear Time Warner please charge me extra for internet for no reason, thank you -- Pumpy Dumper"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

lol what

"Dear Time Warner please charge me extra for internet for no reason, thank you -- Pumpy Dumper"

it's the cheaper option. I have FIOS and it's cheaper to bundle with cable than just getting the Internet

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Home Depot lol

also Wikipedia = retail lol

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

four and arguably five of these things are not retailers

fewer if you're fishmech and dont count wholesalers with frontends as retailers but w/e

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!
I bet those companies would be just delighted to hear that their image is being used in some official reference to internet money without their permission

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
lol at people from completely different regions arguing over what the cost of living is

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
How can they claim Amazon is accepting it? That's just a straight-up lie.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

ryde posted:

gyft cards, probably

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Gum posted:

lol at people from completely different regions

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

ryde posted:

A few years back in the heyday, they also announced on the bitcoin forums that Amazon now accepted the currency of the future. In reality, it was a guy that you sent bitcoins and a shoppinglist, and he bought the stuff from Amazon with USD. Goalposts, what is that?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
here's the full info graphic:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I'm the intuit turbo tax logo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

TVarmy posted:

we are the greatest generation and are the apex of humanity. our children are excited to eat an unseasoned piece of reconstituted meat in a plain white bun. truly we are the kings of earth --ww2 fuckos

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
loving postwar america lapping up whatever garbage came their way

OH LOOK JELLO FOR DINNER. Such a blessing that we don't have to send our horse hooves over to the boys. Now how about those commies

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

OH LOOK JELLO FOR DINNER. Such a blessing that we don't have to send our horse hooves over to the boys. Now how about those commies
tbf that processed poo poo in the 50s was a ton better than what was available in the 40s and 30s which was essentially nothing

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

it's crazy that it wasn't really THAT long ago that advertisers would basically just say whatever the gently caress they wanted, who cares

cigarettes are good for you? sure

refined sugar is good for you? why not

DDT is good for you? yeah i guess

men won't love you unless you squirt lysol up your pussy? well maybe that one still applies actually

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Linguica posted:

it's crazy that it wasn't really THAT long ago that advertisers would basically just say whatever the gently caress they wanted, who cares

cigarettes are good for you? sure

refined sugar is good for you? why not

men won't love you unless you squirt lysol up your pussy? well maybe that one still applies actually

this is still how it is. red bull just settled a class action lawsuit for false advertising. i signed up to be a settlement party. Their 'penalty' is fifteen dollars of product in the mail to me, through which they will strengthen their brand imprinting on me

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Jonny 290 posted:

this is still how it is. red bull just settled a class action lawsuit for false advertising. i signed up to be a settlement party. Their 'penalty' is fifteen dollars of product in the mail to me, through which they will strengthen their brand imprinting on me

did someone sue over not getting wings

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nintendo Kid posted:

did someone sue over not getting wings

yep

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Pocket posted:

he was doing it for the family that he'll no longer have when he gets incarcerated and his wife meets a new dude in the elevator

joke's on her that dude's a dollfucker

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

Pretty much everyone was huffing lead by this point so it's not surprising that the second half of the century is full of all sorts of crazy poo poo. I mean look at some of these pictures of AMAZING MEALS

Let's start off with some salad:

Nutritious and delicious! Mix a bunch of gelatin with canned vegetables, bake that poo poo, and then put tartar sauce all over it for some reason. MM YUM

Interested in adding some meat to that salad? Try this one:

This is a picture of lemon-tomato Jell-O mixed with creamy tuna salad. Alternatively, a dog vomited in a pie dish. No one is totally sure. But it's a recipe from the 60s and people actually ate this poo poo

No dinner party is complete without an appetizer for your guests to salivate all over:

This is basically 6 cups of canned ham mashed into a thick paste and mixed with a bunch of raisins. Form it into a cone, slather on a half-inch layer of mayo, and then dump almonds all over it

But you've also got to have a main course, try this on for size!

This is a loaf of bread, under a layer of ham, under another loaf of bread, under potato salad, under another loaf of bread, and then the entire thing is covered in cream cheese frosting, decorated with parsley, and a whole tomato is put on top. It's called ribbon cake. You probably think that I'm making this poo poo up, but you can find these things in actual 1950s and 1960s cookbooks.

Need a beverage to wash down these horrors?

SLOWLY pour 7-up into milk. Whatever you do, DO NOT STIR

In conclusion the mid-1900s were full of stupid and crazy poo poo, if they had the Internet and bitcoin back then bitcoin would have immediately had widespread adoption because everyone was a loving moron

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 8, 2014

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
speaking of which i should be getting money from the vibram lawsuit any day now, which is funny because the estimated payouts are more than what i paid for them on sale (my foot doctor recommended i buy some because the toe dividers help to straighten out crooked-rear end toes, they worked)

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

QuarkJets posted:

This is a loaf of bread, under a layer of ham, under another loaf of bread, under potato salad, under another loaf of bread, and then the entire thing is covered in cream cheese frosting, decorated with parsley, and a whole tomato is put on top. It's called ribbon cake. You probably think that I'm making this poo poo up, but you can find these things in actual 1950s and 1960s cookbooks.

This is known as smörgåstårta in Sweden, and still a very popular thing to serve at festivities. It's still awful though.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
i assumed the gigantic garbage recipes from post ww2 where a backlash from worrying over food supplies during the war

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
part of it was that a lot of people had moved off farms into cities during the 20s and especially the depression in search of work, stayed within them during the 40s and often early 50s for wwii and korean war related work, and then finally after a generation away and much of that spent with minimal food variety, they were happy to try anything as they started moving out to suburbs since they didnt particularly want to be int he cities in the first place.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://www.notbeinggoverned.com/bitcoin-currency-equality/
Bitcoin Is A Currency of Equality
Today on facebook, I stumbled across a post which read something like “Trans-inclusive bank.” The post was a link to an article describing a bank that was friendly to transgender people. For a moment, I had trouble seeing the point of it all. Why does anyone actually need to say that a bank is trans friendly? Any bank who turns a customer away with money in hand is a bank that is probably on the take from Uncle Sam, or ready to be bought up.

Then I remembered: not everyone uses or knows about bitcoin. What I had intuitively understood about the currency (for bitcoin is a currency) seems to be mentioned nowhere else. So I will mention here that bitcoin is the must inclusive, pro-equality currency that has ever existed. There are a handful of reasons- I suspect I’m only scratching the surface here.

-Bitcoin does not care if you are gay.

-Bitcoin does not care what country you are from.

-Bitcoin does not care if you have had an abortion.

-Bitcoin does not care if you have breasts and a penis, or if you are a man with a vagina.

-Bitcoin does not care if you twerk at nightclubs or travel the world as an exotic dancer.

-Bitcoin does not care if you are a drug dealer.

-Bitcoin does not care if you are a convicted felon.

-Bitcoin does not care how you worship, or if you worship.

-Bitcoin does not care if you are unemployed.

-Bitcoin does not care if you are on food stamps, or have been declared incompetent by any of the world’s governments.

-Bitcoin does not care if you are homeless or have five mansions.

-Bitcoin does not care if you are black, Asian, an Inuit, a Mexican, or someone from the Isle of Fiji.

In other words, bitcoin is the only currency in existence that treats everyone absolutely the same. In having no regard for people at all, it shows what governments (and some banks) all across the world have failed to show: that one person who has money is not much different from another person who has money. Indeed, anyone who wishes to realize the dream of utopian equality must cast off the traditional systems of governance and currency while moving towards a system that is anonymous, and therefore capable of being used by anyone.

One of bitcoin’s virtues lays in the fact that, quite often, no government ID is required to use it. An internet connection and a password are usually good enough. This means that anyone can use it. Or, put another way, no one is restricted from using it upon any basis whatsoever. Bitcoin is not racist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic or elitist. It has no personal preferences whatsoever.

While Martin Luther King Jr. wanted a world in which his children could be judged by the content of their character, bitcoin has gone one step further: if his children decide to use the cryptocurrency, they won’t be judged at all.

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

QuarkJets posted:

Pretty much everyone was huffing lead by this point so it's not surprising that the second half of the century is full of all sorts of crazy poo poo. I mean look at some of these pictures of AMAZING MEALS

Let's start off with some salad:

Nutritious and delicious! Mix a bunch of gelatin with canned vegetables, bake that poo poo, and then put tartar sauce all over it for some reason. MM YUM

Interested in adding some meat to that salad? Try this one:

This is a picture of lemon-tomato Jell-O mixed with creamy tuna salad. Alternatively, a dog vomited in a pie dish. No one is totally sure. But it's a recipe from the 60s and people actually ate this poo poo

No dinner party is complete without an appetizer for your guests to salivate all over:

This is basically 6 cups of canned ham mashed into a thick paste and mixed with a bunch of raisins. Form it into a cone, slather on a half-inch layer of mayo, and then dump almonds all over it

Need a beverage to wash down these horrors?

SLOWLY pour 7-up into milk. Whatever you do, DO NOT STIR

In conclusion the mid-1900s were full of stupid and crazy poo poo, if they had the Internet and bitcoin back then bitcoin would have immediately had widespread adoption because everyone was a loving moron

no wonder half the fifties ads you see were for laxatives

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Erenthal posted:

This is known as smörgåstårta in Sweden, and still a very popular thing to serve at festivities. It's still awful though.

Is smörgåstårta just Swedish for "disgusting mess"?

"Hey guys, I soaked this fish in lye for a couple of days and it turned into jelly. Dig in!"

Okay that's not really far, it probably preserves the gently caress out of the fish if you do that, so as a traditional dish lutfisk makes some sense. But ribbon loaf? Fuuuuuuuck that

e: Thank you for sharing, I actually do find your post interesting

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

You probably think that I'm making this poo poo up, but you can find these things in actual 1950s and 1960s cookbooks.
hell youll find most of it in my mothers kitchen on any given holiday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

While Martin Luther King Jr. wanted a world in which his children could be judged by the content of their character, bitcoin has gone one step further: if his children decide to use the cryptocurrency, they won’t be judged at all.

• Locked thread