Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

triplexpac posted:

I dunno, he gets super excited when the product is worth getting excited about. When it's the 6th Raw in a row with a main event tag match DQ finish, not so much.

Hell, look at any time he's mentioned Okada and Tanahashi recently. He's comparing it to stuff like Steamboat/Flair and Kobashi/Misawa.

When wrestling is good, Big Dave marks the gently caress out like the rest of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

There were people who called into Meltzer after the Fusient deal fell through who insisted that WCW Nitro being cancelled was a work.
So it's going to be off the air for more than a month?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCNx8QO0MnY

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Great White Hope posted:

I'll never get over the incredible victim complex being a TNA fan seems to breed.

It's not even just a victim complex, it's this weird, somehow completely self-unaware egocentrism where they think everything is about them when it's completely unrelated. Something happens in NJPW? Clearly something done specifically to bash TNA. WWE? Goes out of their way to make TNA look bad despite really never needing to. Someone in rural Bangladesh injured their knee? gently caress you, TNA had knee injuries way before this copycat.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

It's not even just a victim complex, it's this weird, somehow completely self-unaware egocentrism where they think everything is about them when it's completely unrelated. Something happens in NJPW? Clearly something done specifically to bash TNA. WWE? Goes out of their way to make TNA look bad despite really never needing to. Someone in rural Bangladesh injured their knee? gently caress you, TNA had knee injuries way before this copycat.

To be fair, WWE do actually do this occasionally.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, WWE do actually do this occasionally.

I refuse to believe they've done anything more damaging to TNA than TNA has already done to itself.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

sticklefifer posted:

I refuse to believe they've done anything more damaging to TNA than TNA has already done to itself.

It's been made very clear that WWE doesn't see TNA as competition or a threat in any way. When the WWE feels like something is threatening them they have two strategies:

1) Co-Opt elements of the competition in order to strengthen their brand. When MMA started to get huge they started pushing guys like Shamrock and Lesnar, when Hardcore became a thing they incorporated a hardcore belt, when the nWo was huge they started similar storylines and sudden face/heel turns, etc. They constantly poached the big stars from other promotions if they felt they brought in elements they lacked (Bryan, Piper, Hogan, etc).

2) Viciously attack and bury you. See: most of the politics of the Monday Night Wars and Vince's dealings with other areas during the end of the territory era.

If the WWE ignores or barely acknowledges you in a neutral way they see you as having some purpose in the ecosystem of pro wrestling. RoH gets a polite nod occasionally and general ignorance other times because they see it as a good place for guys to cut their teeth before coming into developmental, Japan and Mexico get a pass because they see them as places that can create massive stars for them to borrow or as a place where they can send guys on a break to draw a few big paychecks during downtime. They clearly see TNA as a necessary evil, it's a place where old, broke down or guys who could never make it in WWE go to be able to still put food on the table, Vince cant cut a legends contract to everyone so a place like TNA has to exist so that guys like Hogan and Sting can have a stable place to pull a check between occasional WWE visits and dudes like Angle can work themselves to death long after they could pass in the "real" world of wrestling.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Excited for this:
http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/10/fans-talk-tna-coming-october-29th-to.html

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Shortest run podcast in history.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

"bad stuff"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Haven't seen any new Babinsack bollocks on F4W in a while, have they finally got rid of him? I miss his terribly constructed sentences and random references to Bruno.

Oh and have some Youtube failure:

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN WAS FOR KIDS. Got no idea what he's on about at the end too. CM Punk needs muscles, hair and bread? :psyduck:

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Yeah man, kids can totally relate to wanting to kick the hell out of their rear end in a top hat bosses and then shotgun some beers afterwards.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

as a child i loved stone cold because he kicked everyones rear end and ultimately that's what the children of today want too

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Stone Cold drew a hell of a lot more kids than Cena ever did in a similar time window. 1998 was when Raw pulled ahead of Nitro in the ratings but it was still WCW's most profitable year ever and they were ahead in the adult demos. WWF was just a lot more successful in getting kids to watch.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!

oatgan posted:

as a child i loved stone cold because he kicked everyones rear end and ultimately that's what the children of today want too

This pretty much, as a kid in the 80s, I started watching wrestling because of WCCW and the JCP-era NWA, not them cartoon characters WWF had on :v:

(I mean, I watched WWF too, but I always preferred the other feds :shobon:)

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

An Actual Bear posted:

CM Punk needs muscles, hair and bread? :psyduck:

Gonna go with a beard typo there. Not sure if he was larger back in the SES days but at the end of his run he was obviously injured and not able to train properly so he wasn't as cut as he used to be.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Not sure if he was larger back in the SES days but at the end of his run he was obviously injured and not able to train properly so he wasn't as cut as he used to be.

hm, I don't remember punk ever having more than a 1 pack.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Skaw posted:

Yeah man, kids can totally relate to wanting to kick the hell out of their rear end in a top hat bosses
Most kids have an authority figure they don't like. One of their parents, their teacher, their principal, their baseball coach, whatever.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Endorph posted:

Most kids have an authority figure they don't like. One of their parents, their teacher, their principal, their baseball coach, whatever.

Which is why I added the beer part. I mean, I'm sure kids tried to bang two soda cans together and then just became a sticky rear end mess. But Austins character and main feud was clearly tailored towards the working person.

It just so happens that kids can like what adults like. Amazing!

Skaw fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 3, 2014

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
When I was a kid I always wanted to drink beer cause my dad did and smoke cause my dad did and wear a bra around the house cause my dad did.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

When I was a kid I always wanted to drink beer cause my dad did and smoke cause my dad did and wear a bra around the house cause my dad did.

Oh cool your dad was Trevor Philips?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Did you have dogs and a pool area? :ohdear:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

You wanted to be a lumberjack?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
*Dixie Carter says thing will happen*

*Dirtsheets report that Dixie Carter said thing will happen*

*Thing does not happen*

TNA fans: Those dirtsheets just make poo poo up!!!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
This has mainly just become the "TNA fans say the darndest things" thread. Not that I have a problem with that, per se.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I found this.

http://wasimperviz.wordpress.com/2014/11/02/cm-punk-should-he-join-tna/

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

I know many will say Cm Punk in TNA will not happen as TNA can not afford him but I totally disagree. I know TNA can and will pay him well.

Well, I mean, he's white and a penishaver, so probably.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Endorph posted:

Well, I mean, he's white and a penishaver, so probably.

Nevermind Punk is retired retired and not Terry Funk retired.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

coconono posted:

Nevermind Punk is retired retired and not Terry Funk retired.

People are still trying to argue that he's going to come back.

CM "The most stubborn man in wrestling" Punk.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNA on the verge of signing a SPIKE renewal with a rights fee increase:

Their last deal with SPIKE was dependent on the idea that the show would reach around 2 million viewers.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Negro Casas would blow this guy's mind.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'so well'

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Negro Casas would blow this guy's mind.

Yuji Nagata and Minoru Suzuki are only a year younger.

If KANE is good for his age, they would blow his mind.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Kane is still mobile because he takes no dangerous bumps or does anything remotely dangerous. He doesn't even take the pedigree without just dropping to his knees.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Or Liger. I just looked it up and he's 49.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNAMecca: TNA 2015 and Beyond

http://www.tnamecca.com/2014/11/tna-2015-and-beyond.html

Coins the TPWJ (Tabloid Pro-Wrestling Journalism)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

quote:

However, after weighing all of the evidence and all the factors involved here, I am very confident about TNA's future in 2015 and beyond. That pot of gold is out there at the end of a very long rainbow. However, if you think you've had patience and been forced into a "Defend TNA" mode so far this year, you ain't seen nothing yet. Hurricane Doomsday is just approaching us now. Do you have the courage to face it? I believe you do.