Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Dec 26, 2012

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
I thought Glover was really fun, and I liked bubsy too though i never owned a playstation so i never experienced bubsy 3d

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

seiferguy posted:

Was this actually a bad game? I haven't played it in a long-rear end time.
A lot of it was bad, but the swoop racer level was really good.

Super ESB was good, too.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gently caress you

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Do you know how to run that game nowadays.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

A buddy of mine had one of those demo discs that had a bunch of lovely games on it but this was a secret demo and we didn't know the name of the game for a long time (it just didn't say what it was for some retarded loving reason). In the demo, you played as the big buff dude and you punched like four guys to death and then got on an elevator and the demo ended. It was like a 2-minute long demo but it was so fun and we loved it

And then years later I finally found out it was this game so I booted it up in an emulator and tried it and it was the biggest piece of poo poo ever. The demo was great because the big buff dude was the only fun guy to play as and it was the same thing over and over so the demo literally showcased the only fun you could potentially have in the game. Plus it didn't have guns and the full version did and the guns were horrible.

Then there was fighting force 2 and that was even worse somehow

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

lol

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

gay skull posted:

A buddy of mine had one of those demo discs that had a bunch of lovely games on it but this was a secret demo and we didn't know the name of the game for a long time (it just didn't say what it was for some retarded loving reason). In the demo, you played as the big buff dude and you punched like four guys to death and then got on an elevator and the demo ended. It was like a 2-minute long demo but it was so fun and we loved it

And then years later I finally found out it was this game so I booted it up in an emulator and tried it and it was the biggest piece of poo poo ever. The demo was great because the big buff dude was the only fun guy to play as and it was the same thing over and over so the demo literally showcased the only fun you could potentially have in the game. Plus it didn't have guns and the full version did and the guns were horrible.

Oh man, I loved fighting force! My sisters and I beat that game a million times! I think the last boss was some super Chinese looking dude.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

gay skull posted:

This was supposed to be Streets of Rage 4 until Sega backed out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIhYvRaUIp4

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Paracelsus posted:

Super ESB was good, too.

Super ESB couldn't allow you to select the characters for a level, even if you used the debug code. At least Super ROTJ let you do that do you could rock almost-nude Leia on every level.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

i got this game as a kid for pc and it never ran properly. the mystery of the game i could never play increased the allure

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I dunno this one might have been pretty good

Byde
Apr 15, 2013

by Lowtax
Threads of Fate

the funny part about that game is that during a phase I played a bunch of other rpgs like the Wild Arms series up from 2 to 4 (Found 5 way too slow and dumb even for me during that time, and Wild Arms 1 has an impossible stealth section early on with no implied destination to go towards), that game was the least worst/offensive as it is over in about 7 hours for either story character and other than a dumb joke and other dumb things it at least knew to end.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Byde posted:

Threads of Fate

the funny part about that game is that during a phase I played a bunch of other rpgs like the Wild Arms series up from 2 to 4 (Found 5 way too slow and dumb even for me during that time, and Wild Arms 1 has an impossible stealth section early on with no implied destination to go towards), that game was the least worst/offensive as it is over in about 7 hours for either story character and other than a dumb joke and other dumb things it at least knew to end.

i beat threads of fate as the guy character and liked it, and then started the game as the girl, got about halfway through, took a break for about a month, and then no longer understood how i could stand the controls and camera

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

I dunno this one might have been pretty good

This game rocked, i wish there were more wrestling rpgs.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

I thought Glover was really fun, and I liked bubsy too though i never owned a playstation so i never experienced bubsy 3d

I agree that glover is fun, but I will also acknowledge that it is pretty bad in a couple ways

Byde
Apr 15, 2013

by Lowtax

elf help book posted:

i beat threads of fate as the guy character and liked it, and then started the game as the girl, got about halfway through, took a break for about a month, and then no longer understood how i could stand the controls and camera

The other funny part is how that game actually killed me more times than any other game I've played in that phase, including Vagrant Story (In the playthrough that I actually bothered to beat the game, I only died against the first actual boss only because of a critical that dealt 2/3ths of my health without any of the fancy stuff to prevent it right after said boss. Even the final boss's super attack, which killed others, barely did anything to me for some reason).

Then I played goon-favourite Trails in the Sky, and found it worse than any of the games I played during that phase as it is basically a poor man's Bioware game with all the side quests dumb and boring while the game acts all :smug: about everything it does, where in 30 hours the only things relevant to the "plot" that happened are a bunch of bandits stealing an airliner only because Ramsus and Miang from Xenogears with dye jobs I think brainwashed their boss, which the party, despite being smug about everything they do, couldn't recognize despite hearing that their boss has gone crazy twice before knocking senses to him, and him being oblivious after he's back to normal, and an orphanage got burned down literally just for kicks. I actually found it much worse than Wild Arms 2's schtick of making molehills out of mountainous events with all the dull, emotionless dialogue and characters.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

this game was basically garbage solomon's key with awful boss fights but i beat it like a dozen times

"pacman with a gun" games made by nerds who loved star trek/wars references. got it at target for ten bucks, played it a stupid number of time because i was also stupud.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Paracelsus posted:

Super ESB was good, too.

The awesome soundtrack helped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBCKVC2FmoE

Pretty much every vehicle section in SOtE was pretty good now that I think about it.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

This game loving rules, you bitch

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/310349

This and a shitton of other flash games.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

metricchip posted:

The awesome soundtrack helped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBCKVC2FmoE

Pretty much every vehicle section in SOtE was pretty good now that I think about it.
The asteroid field wasn't, but the others were.

The platforming was really clunky. It was helped by the jetpack once you got it, but the designers then took that as an excuse to be jerks with the level design.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Mr Tastee posted:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/310349

This and a shitton of other flash games.

just noticed that the otaku is in the girls toilet

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

Byde posted:

Wild Arms 1 has an impossible stealth section early on with no implied destination to go towards

the what now

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Vargs posted:

sonic the hedgehog 1-3. i thought they were rad as a kid but looking at them now they are pretty much garbage other than the music/visuals (and most of sonic 1 actually looks pretty bad). it's like sega went forward in time, saw all of the really, really great things about super meat boy's mechanics, and then went back to the 90s to do the exact opposite.

camera waaaaay too close in to see anything coming, momentum based movement that feels incredibly unresponsive and slow, constantly waiting long periods of time for platforms, level design that doesnt encourage speed outside of the first couple stages of each game, a retarded health mechanic, and the sections where you actually go fast play themselves. but when i was a kid he was just a cool hedgehog dude and oh man look how fast this part is and how great this game looks

lmfao what a retard

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

I still love this game but it is objectively Bad

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ForeverSmug posted:

lmfao what a retard

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Home Alone for Sega Genesis.

Actually I didn't think it was cool, but I played it all the time because I had only four games.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

maou shoujo posted:

I tried to play this a few years ago and couldn't figure it out. Seemed like a lovely game.

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

maou shoujo posted:

The soundtrack was really good, well the PC-98 version.Haven't heard the SNES version.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

maou shoujo posted:

Is that the one with the Mode 7 world, where when you turn it just rotates the environment instead of the player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

• Locked thread