Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

TraderStav posted:

I love the idea but that would require me to learn scripture and well, gently caress that.

Or use Google. Don't get your fedora in a knot, Captain Atheist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

plumper fuckbus posted:

Or use Google. Don't get your fedora in a knot, Captain Atheist.

We really have to argue about everything don't we?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

TraderStav posted:

A few of us in 2poor thought it'd be better to reference a twitter account to talk smack during wars. So I threw this together, taking suggestions for general goonery: https://twitter.com/2poor4gems

lmao holy poo poo *tips fedora*

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

Okay help me out here. I have a theory and want to see if there are any holes in it.

If you are in a farming clan or 1 war a week clan (let's say 50% win/loss), is there any down side to just doing perpetual war but throwing it every time? The idea is that you snipe/barch the highest possible enemy base and scoring 1/4 the loot every time you lose.

Assuming you are raiding, it sounds like it could be pretty lucrative (and optional) strategy. In fact you could still do that in any semi-war clan if you have two days a week when you arent warring.

Discuss.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Regular barching would probably be more profitable for the time spent.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

ATCG posted:

Okay help me out here. I have a theory and want to see if there are any holes in it.

If you are in a farming clan or 1 war a week clan (let's say 50% win/loss), is there any down side to just doing perpetual war but throwing it every time? The idea is that you snipe/barch the highest possible enemy base and scoring 1/4 the loot every time you lose.

Assuming you are raiding, it sounds like it could be pretty lucrative (and optional) strategy. In fact you could still do that in any semi-war clan if you have two days a week when you arent warring.

Discuss.

In what way is this lucrative? If you can barch a war base, just barch a collector base. One good raid is worth more than a quartered war pot.

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Regular barching would probably be more profitable for the time spent.

But this strategy:

1. Doesnt require even full barch army
2. Loot goes to clan castle not storages
3. You also get a bit from the atk itself
4. Doesnt require participation. So you can fit an atk in if covenient or not.
5. Can be done while on a sheild

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

ATCG posted:

But this strategy:

1. Doesnt require even full barch army
2. Loot goes to clan castle not storages
3. You also get a bit from the atk itself
4. Doesnt require participation. So you can fit an atk in if covenient or not.

1. A random farm base also does not require a full barch army
2. And???
3. You also get a bit from attacking a random farm base.
4. Or you could just not do the war and go attack a random farm base.

Your idea is poo poo, sorry.

Speaking of lovely ideas: I know I seconded the Twitter idea but jfc I thought we were joking

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
There is no reason at all not to constantly war in this game. I agree with ATGC. If you are in a war you know you are going to lose, spending 4 barbs on a TH snipe can still net 75k even with a loss.

E: It's not like you lose anything when you get attacked in your war base.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Roshambo posted:

There is no reason at all not to constantly war in this game.

But if you lose, you might as well not have done the war at all, because it's more profitable to just raid. If you want to win, you have to put in effort and resources. If you put in effort and resources and then lose because the rest of your clan didn't because it's the third war that week, you've wasted all of it.

There's no reason at all to be in a war if you aren't attempting to win it.

e: Four barbs to TH snipe a war base :allears: In 2poor's current war it took 100 archers, 50 barbs, and a donated dragon for me to just get 50% on someone halfway worth a drat.

e2: For reference, "halfway worth a drat" means I got 400k/400k from it. If we were to now lose this war, I'd get 100k from that base. Meanwhile I could have taken that same army comp sans dragon on a next button party and found a base with 200k/200k sitting in collectors outside the walls.

LAY-ZX fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 8, 2014

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

LAY-ZX posted:

But if you lose, you might as well not have done the war at all, because it's more profitable to just raid. If you want to win, you have to put in effort and resources. If you put in effort and resources and then lose because the rest of your clan didn't because it's the third war that week, you've wasted all of it.

There's no reason at all to be in a war if you aren't attempting to win it.

The loss bonus is still considerable and equates to a raid or two

You will make back your resources

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

ZombieParts posted:

But you would "make back" your resources just as fast if you WEREN'T at war.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

ZombieParts posted:

I would much rather have 2 wars per week and consistently win almost every single one because of high participation. With 3 wars, people get bored with wars and won't fully participate in any of them, at least not consistently. This idea is terrible.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Don't micromanage it. Have fun, have wars, and all will be well. There's no perfect mathematical balance to be had.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

santanotreal posted:

I would much rather have 2 wars per week and consistently win almost every single one because of high participation. With 3 wars, people get bored with wars and won't fully participate in any of them, at least not consistently. This idea is terrible.

The guys that drop off participation are almost 100% those same guys that were super spergy, 10 hour a day, "i'm invicible at TH7" nerds. You could smell them burning out long before the participation drop.

Is reducing clan wars going to inspire the burn-outs to try harder a couple of times a week? Probably not. Do war loses count against a clan? Not at all. Clans really shouldn't try to accommodate those burn outs.

Win or lose I get a significant amount of lix/gold and especially DE - I'd hate to lose that option just because some goon are lazy sandbagging faggots who can't press attack a more than a couple of times a week.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

ZombieParts posted:

The guys that drop off participation are almost 100% those same guys that were super spergy, 10 hour a day, "i'm invicible at TH7" nerds. You could smell them burning out long before the participation drop.

Is reducing clan wars going to inspire the burn-outs to try harder a couple of times a week? Probably not. Do war loses count against a clan? Not at all. Clans really shouldn't try to accommodate those burn outs.

Win or lose I get a significant amount of lix/gold and especially DE - I'd hate to lose that option just because some goon are lazy sandbagging faggots who can't press attack a more than a couple of times a week.

I bet you don't fill war cc's and don't fill war requests.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

ZombieParts posted:

What the hell are you talking about

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Some combination of the lighter war schedule and the search-canceling trick is getting our participation to 90+, so that seems to be working for us.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

ZombieParts posted:

Well I donate about 150-200 wizards per week for war attacks, andI don't always feel like war attacking 6-8 times/week. I like my Cool Clan Friends but sometimes I want to leave the phone in my pocket. Sorry for being a lazy sandbagging human being, whatever that means

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Are those valks upgraded at all? That looks tempting

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

ZombieParts posted:

Uh-huh...That made a whole lot of sense :allears:

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
As another point to constantly being in a clan war: Who actually wants to barch for every attack? The idea of clan wars is to use the troops you have spent all your barching loot on upgrading and plan out an attack on a well defended base. And, on the other end you get to see how well your defenses hold up against another players "best" attack. I like seeing our 40-50 hold an attack against someone in their top twenty to less than 3 stars because they forgot to pull the CC or used cheap fodder.

It might be more efficient to train up barbarians and archers and hit next 50 times, but that game play gets stale fast.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
For sure. And the only time I cook any troops that aren't barching troops are for clan wars. I honestly would be farther ahead just upgrading archers, barbs, wall breakers, and goblins but it's fun to destroy someone with wizards and dragons. If you're not chasing trophies or doing clan war what is the point?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
I thought the point was to design bases and spell out "FART" with walls but then I see folks using pre-designed bases so maybe I'm not playing right.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Thanks for not attacking before jumping ship to PEKKA, bro.

Semi-mental
Feb 5, 2007
You must be a couple of pansies
Yeah sorry about that. We were losing by miles though so it won't have made a difference.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Reporting in from UGievArchers. We tried the war button pressing/canceling strategy discussed before, and I think we like it:

(45 vs 45)

Also we have two spots open right now so come on in.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

We tried the war button search trick in WESPENT500DOLLA, and, well...

There's only 2 hours left in the war.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

neogeo0823 posted:

We tried the war button search trick in WESPENT500DOLLA, and, well...

There's only 2 hours left in the war.

Go use some attacks

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

TraderStav posted:

Go use some attacks

They can't get 3 stars with their current attacks...

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

TraderStav posted:

Go use some attacks

I'm rank 46 in the alliance. I did try and attack when the war started. I had a bad army comp because I had a stupid idea and got 1*, and by the time I was able to rebuild my army, all the targets within 4 levels of me had been attacked. No way I'd even be able to 1* anything else as a th5.

I don't know anything about the search feature when picking targets, but I do wish we would be matched up against groups with similar th compositions as we have. That and I wish we had more participants in war, since we seem to lack in attacks sent in the last 3 or so that I've seen.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
I know this doesn't work for everyone, but UGA uses a two-strike rule:

- Everyone starts as elder
- Fail to participate in one war, demoted to member
- Fail to participate in the next consecutive war, kicked out
- If demoted to member, and you participate in the next war, you get promoted back to elder
- Co-leaders get three strikes (co > elder > member) unless they're obviously inactive or something
- If someone makes a point to say in chat that they'll be away for a week, they get immunity

Since adopting that system, we've had really awesome participation levels. Sometimes we get out-matched, but it's no issue with people not using attacks.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

ExtraFox posted:

I know this doesn't work for everyone, but UGA uses a two-strike rule:

- Everyone starts as elder
- Fail to participate in one war, demoted to member
- Fail to participate in the next consecutive war, kicked out
- If demoted to member, and you participate in the next war, you get promoted back to elder
- Co-leaders get three strikes (co > elder > member) unless they're obviously inactive or something
- If someone makes a point to say in chat that they'll be away for a week, they get immunity

Since adopting that system, we've had really awesome participation levels. Sometimes we get out-matched, but it's no issue with people not using attacks.

We got the same thing in Spergs, apart from the immunity, we just invite them back once they're back from vacation or whatever. I don't think we've ever missed more than 10 attacks (out of 100) in the past months, usually only 2-3 attacks.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Apparently we're griefing in the lifting clan since we give elder to almost everyone, unless they ask for it. Then we kind of forget about them until they leave in a huff. :confuoot:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

People actually give a poo poo about clan rank?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

What the gently caress can elders even do that regular members can't?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

LAY-ZX posted:

What the gently caress can elders even do that regular members can't?

Accept new clan members or reject them due to The Ben Affleck Clause, as in 2Legit's case.

ExtraFox
May 22, 2003

~all of these candy~
Yeah we just use it as a way to keep track without spreadsheets. Also anyone's welcome back any time if they get kicked unless they were like a colossal rear end in a top hat or something.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Having not loaded Twitch in a while, today I found this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Stare long enough into the sperg and it stares back into you.