Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

I have a Windows 8.1 box, a Playstation and a TV all connected with an HDMI receiver, TV doubles as a second display for the PC.

The problem is, every time a receiver or a TV is turned on/off, their device names are changing from EP-HDMI-RX to LG-TV for both audio output and display devices, resetting the default audio output device setting, desktop settings and shortcut positions.

Is it possible to, I don't know, lock those things somehow? Having to reconfigure both audio and video settings every time something is turned on or off is rather annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Turn off the hdmi-CEC poo poo.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Don Lapre posted:

Turn off the hdmi-CEC poo poo.

It seems to be off to whatever degree my LG TV actually allows it (you can't turn off hdmi-cec support but you can turn off simplink (lol) which is kinda that but not quite).

Does it mean I'm screwed?

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Try turning it off on your receiver as well.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Don Lapre posted:

Try turning it off on your receiver as well.

It doesn't have the option to turn it off either (I had to read the whole user manual to make certain and it was horrible, so thanks for that).

• Locked thread