Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mister Macys posted:

I dunno if ya'll have the AW app, but I've noticed it REALLY increased the battery drain on my N5, even after switching off every notification.

You're not the first to mention that.

(Well, unless it was you the other time I read it too.)

It must poll a lot in the background. I just use the Win8 app myself since it gives mouse control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Don't take any explosive exo grenades, just take the crossbow for maximum fun and pubbie confusion.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Is it possible to set your emblem as the clan one without the app? I can't seem to find that option in-game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Aphrodite posted:

You're not the first to mention that.

(Well, unless it was you the other time I read it too.)

It must poll a lot in the background. I just use the Win8 app myself since it gives mouse control.

I ninja edited it out the last time I posted, because I was streaming music at work all day, and wasn't sure.
Yesterday was my day off though, and my battery was noticeably down.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

limited posted:

I've always got three. It's not always equipment but it's usually at least one cosmetic item, one 'game' item be it a weapon or something like 2x XP and either another cosmetic or useful drop. Guess I'm just lucky? :confused:

But having the bloodthirsty helmet crop up when opening a crate is definitely a bug. You get that for a 5 killstreak for only 30 minutes. For whatever reason.
I usually seem to get 2. And the loving bloodhelm I get like 5 times a night.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
so are we posting up our emblems yet?

I did a few real quick ones.. i'm working on others that are going to take me more time.

(Click for big)

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Is there a way how to steal this? I MUST HAVE IT.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Nice Punk emblem.

Also to the few goons that play this on 360. Post your tags so I can make a list of you guys and start playing together.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My emblem is the Mass Effect Cerberus logo because I got a cool white/orange/black Exo.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009
Anyone else having issues? Tried to join three games and for some reason had no sounds and massive stuttering in each of the them.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Pretty_Llama posted:

Anyone else having issues? Tried to join three games and for some reason had no sounds and massive stuttering in each of the them.

Get good kid.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I really wish the Crossbow was good.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

Top 3 bro check the stats.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Aphrodite posted:

My emblem is the Mass Effect Cerberus logo because I got a cool white/orange/black Exo.

420 make Ace Combat and Armored Core Emblems all day

Xenaero posted:

I really wish the Crossbow was good.

Use it's garbage step-brother the explosive sniper, where you are likely to get a million hitmarkers with no kills.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
They need a sticks and stones mode. Spike drone and xbow is good enough. Imagine all the crazy jumping around.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Domination on solar is the worst loving thing.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Domination on solar is the worst loving thing.

Correction: free for all with snipers that know how to get off the map is the worst thing. To games in a row there were two guys helping each other get onto the top of buildings that are supposed to be out of bounds and just sniping everybody on the ground.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Fibby Boy posted:

Correction: free for all with snipers that know how to get off the map is the worst thing. To games in a row there were two guys helping each other get onto the top of buildings that are supposed to be out of bounds and just sniping everybody on the ground.

The loving roof boundaries are dumb as poo poo. There is literally no purpose for some of the boundaries.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Alteisen posted:

solar is the worst loving thing.

FTFY

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:

limited posted:

I've always got three. It's not always equipment but it's usually at least one cosmetic item, one 'game' item be it a weapon or something like 2x XP and either another cosmetic or useful drop. Guess I'm just lucky? :confused:

But having the bloodthirsty helmet crop up when opening a crate is definitely a bug. You get that for a 5 killstreak for only 30 minutes. For whatever reason.

Let me just not get a 5 streak for half an hour :colbert:

tjones
May 13, 2005
I kinda like solar.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Fibby Boy posted:

Also to the few goons that play this on 360. Post your tags so I can make a list of you guys and start playing together.

IAmFrick is me. IAmFrack is my wife. What's yours?

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

tjones posted:

I kinda like solar.

I dont mind it. I like Terrace and Detroit the best so far.

Turns out I somehow turned off message notifications, so I didn't see any of the game/party invites you guys were sending me. Sorry!

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Oh my god I am in love with the first heavy weapon laser beam weapon. It took a little practice and it NEEDS a grip and your favorite sites but I'm having a blast with this thing. The rage mics are glorious: "he's got a laser!?"

I just wish the time to kill was slightly shorter.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
If elite drops I've received multiple of are anything to go by this game really wants me to use the single shot laser and the second rocket launcher

gently caress you, game

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

tjones posted:

I kinda like solar.

It works fine in SND, the bomb placements actually have cover, B flag is just a wasteland of corpses.

On Dom just bumrush it with your whole squad and leave one guy to Cap A or C, congrats you won.

And Solar has an out of bounds to? Didn't know that, I'm only aware of the retreat one.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Can I ask a really retarded question? I'm so sorry if this has been hammered to death in this thread, but I haven't seen it in the last several pages I've read.

Aside from 'Elite' weapons with names, etc. Is there any bonus or statistical inference from using 'professional' or 'whatever' class clothing like tops, knee pads, etc? I'm talking about the stuff that doesn't explicitly state stat increases.

Is that all ornamental or if I dress my war-bro up in a full suit of 'professional' gear does that help me in some way?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

The Machinima Man posted:

IAmFrick is me. IAmFrack is my wife. What's yours?

Offshoretoast.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

Can I ask a really retarded question? I'm so sorry if this has been hammered to death in this thread, but I haven't seen it in the last several pages I've read.

Aside from 'Elite' weapons with names, etc. Is there any bonus or statistical inference from using 'professional' or 'whatever' class clothing like tops, knee pads, etc? I'm talking about the stuff that doesn't explicitly state stat increases.

Is that all ornamental or if I dress my war-bro up in a full suit of 'professional' gear does that help me in some way?

No, it's just a rarity indicator.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Wow I was gonna upload a video of me being good with the shield but 1. I had a mediocre match that I did just OK in and 2. The ps4 uploads to Youtube at 360p, making the Upload to Youtube feature worthless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDyr0lYvV10

Totally watchable!

edit: Now it goes to 720p. Welp now I'm bad AND dumb.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo, blue Mountain Dew tastes like melted sno-cone. Jumping on PS4 with my 2X 2X XP :goku:

tjones
May 13, 2005

Alteisen posted:

It works fine in SND, the bomb placements actually have cover, B flag is just a wasteland of corpses.

On Dom just bumrush it with your whole squad and leave one guy to Cap A or C, congrats you won.

And Solar has an out of bounds to? Didn't know that, I'm only aware of the retreat one.

I haven't seen one but it would not surprise me. Why the loving mappers still don't outline all the maps with clip brushes blows my mind. Giving people rocket boosters and not sealing the maps makes a lot of sense.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So how do you stop spawn camping? I had to quit out after being killed almost 8 times in a row. I couldn't do anything at all.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Overbite posted:

Wow I was gonna upload a video of me being good with the shield but 1. I had a mediocre match that I did just OK in and 2. The ps4 uploads to Youtube at 360p, making the Upload to Youtube feature worthless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDyr0lYvV10

Totally watchable!

edit: Now it goes to 720p. Welp now I'm bad AND dumb.

Cool, shield damage goes away now? Took them long enough. I'll actually use them again. Not being able to see out of them bothered me.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Welp, I wasn't expecting the ending to literally be the same ending as Die Hard 1 :catstare:

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

coyo7e posted:

Welp, I wasn't expecting the ending to literally be the same ending as Die Hard 1 :catstare:

If you're gonna steal an ending, you might as well steal from the best.

I loved it.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

In addition to using a XIM, I also use this setup.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Supply drops are def not always three items - just got one with only a reinforcement.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Boy I'm just not as good as this game as I was 5 or 6 years ago. gently caress real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Philthy posted:

So how do you stop spawn camping? I had to quit out after being killed almost 8 times in a row. I couldn't do anything at all.

You don't, you just quit.

• Locked thread