Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

In all seriousness, maybe bringing Abed's girlfriend in full-time might work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Starburns.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

At this rate the movie will end up being Mulholland Drive.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

MikeJF posted:

In all seriousness, maybe bringing Abed's girlfriend in full-time might work out.

She could definitely help keep the scales of silly/straight from tipping too far to the silly with just Abed, Jeff, Annie, and Britta left.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Having a slow rewatch of season one.

Its depressing how Pierce changed.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

Having a slow rewatch of season one.

Its depressing how Pierce changed.

Doing my own slow rewatch, and I totally agree.

Pierce, Britta, and Chang all changed for the worst over the course of the show. Pierce starts off as this seemingly ignorant older guy with sly moments of wisdom and becomes a hateful, vindictive bastard.

Britta was a smart, confident woman who's biggest problem was always putting problems bigger than herself before her own needs, and becomes a combination dumb blonde/social justice warrior everyone's tired of (UGH shut up about EQUALITY didn't you hear that sexism and racism are over?).

Chang opens as a deliciously awful sonofabitch and ends up a complete cuckoo clock, which may have lead to one of my favorite bits on the show ever (BEAR DOWN FOR MID-TERMS), but ends up with him being a bit one-dimensional.

As much as I love a lot of Community, overall this is one of the most uneven shows I've ever seen.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

butts420 posted:

Looks like Chevy can come back now since there's no more black people in the cast.

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Chang opens as a deliciously awful sonofabitch and ends up a complete cuckoo clock, which may have lead to one of my favorite bits on the show ever (BEAR DOWN FOR MID-TERMS), but ends up with him being a bit one-dimensional.

Chang was best when he was a teacher who was aware of his flaws and at least tried to fix them instead of embracing them.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 5, 2014

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yvette Nicole Brown got promoted from bit player in her new show to series regular, which is pretty awesome. I hope it's good.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

That clashes with her made-up reason for leaving the Titanic though?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

From the article: "Brown’s schedule on The Odd Couple will be much less demanding than on Community, simply due to the different shooting styles of each show. Community is filmed single-camera style, and Brown has to be on set throughout the entire, usually very long shooting day. The Odd Couple will be a multi-camera sitcom, which in practical terms means a lot less waiting around between setups. Brown estimates the difference in workload will be 20 hours a week on The Odd Couple vs. 80 on Community."

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

PriorMarcus posted:

You're a loving rear end in a top hat, her dad is seriously ill

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Troy is ill?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Troy is her son, racist.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Still use a YouTube clip of that opening to get people into the show

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Season guest star, Spencer Crittenden.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Multicams are the sweetest deal and actor can get. You just show up to work, get handed pages, then read different versions on stage. You ALSO get a bunch of tourists cheering for *anything*. You typically work 2 days a week.

That why it was so funny that Charlie Sheen was "exhausted" by work on 2 and a half men.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Remulak posted:

Multicams are the sweetest deal and actor can get. You just show up to work, get handed pages, then read different versions on stage. You ALSO get a bunch of tourists cheering for *anything*. You typically work 2 days a week.

That why it was so funny that Charlie Sheen was "exhausted" by work on 2 and a half men.
Almost none of this is true.

It's less time-consuming than single-cam, for sure, but no. It is not easy.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Is it however the easiest an actor can get?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Probably the easiest job is a holding deal, where they're looking for a project for you and so they pay you money to not take any other jobs (or give them first standing). After that, (high paid) commercial pitchman, because you don't have to make 22 half-hour episodes. Next I'd say voice work for animation. And I guess after that, soap opera actor, where everything is shot for efficiency and you don't have to do it in front of an audience.

But then I guess multi-cam sitcom supporting character is next.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

ashpanash posted:

Probably the easiest job is a holding deal, where they're looking for a project for you and so they pay you money to not take any other jobs (or give them first standing).

I did a job with Ian McKellan a few years back before The Hobbit films had started filming and got to have a few smokes with him. He was being paid to wait around several months while the schedule was being finalized for the film and was loving every second of it.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
None of those things have really warmed up rooms full of tourists that laugh and applaud for everything.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is there a clip of the Dean and Hickey's easy peasy lemon squeezey conversation anywhere online?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The show is adding Paget Brewster and Keith David to the cast for S6.

Despite playing himself in Pillows and Blankets, David will be playing a different character this season. But I'm gonna guess now that Abed will refuse to see this character as anything but Keith David.

Still no confirmation on when October 19th is.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

hcreight posted:

Despite playing himself in Pillows and Blankets, David will be playing a different character this season. But I'm gonna guess now that Abed will refuse to see this character as anything but Keith David.

Ooh, those are both excellent cast additions! I'm excited!

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

hcreight posted:

Those are some good additions. Paget Brewster is drat funny in Thrilling Adventure Hour.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hcreight posted:

Holy poo poo.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

MrAristocrates posted:

Holy poo poo.

Agreed.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Didn't they directly namedrop Paget Brewster in the show before, I mean I know she's already played a character on community before but even so

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Toxxupation posted:

Didn't they directly namedrop Paget Brewster in the show before, I mean I know she's already played a character on community before but even so

Yeah, I wonder how Community will plug up this tangled snare of reality? It's not like that sort of thing is the show's bread and butter.

Didn't they mention Nathan Fillion and later feature him on the show without too much issue?

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Last Chance posted:

Yeah, I wonder how Community will plug up this tangled snare of reality? It's not like that sort of thing is the show's bread and butter.

Didn't they mention Nathan Fillion and later feature him on the show without too much issue?

Yeah, they've mentioned The Wire and Breaking Bad too, and just kinda moved past having actors from those shows in community.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Aren't Joey and Chandler big Die Hard fans? How are they going to handle Bruce Willis guest starring on the show?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I hope this means we get more references to The Cape.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Koalas March posted:

I hope this means we get more references to The Cape.

I hope we get an episode based on The Thing.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

egon_beeblebrox posted:

We already had the Glee Christmas special. What more do you want?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I hope they recreate the fight scene in They Live.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I hope we get a Rick and Morty episode, a Seinfeld episode, a episode based on the movie Fat Camp, an episode starring Jack Black's character from the first season, an episode where Jeff and Annie go back in time, an episode about airplane food, a reference to a bad movie nobody's seen, Britta wears a sexy wig, two words: D&D 3, lava v paintball: return of the pillow fort, the dean to wear an amazing outfit, the Dean to become a part of the gang, Jeff and the Dean to kiss, the rest of the gang to carry the Dean on their shoulders like at a concert, but through the school and chanting his name..

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Irish Joe posted:

I hope we get a Rick and Morty episode, a Seinfeld episode, a episode based on the movie Fat Camp, an episode starring Jack Black's character from the first season, an episode where Jeff and Annie go back in time, an episode about airplane food, a reference to a bad movie nobody's seen, Britta wears a sexy wig, two words: D&D 3, lava v paintball: return of the pillow fort, the dean to wear an amazing outfit, the Dean to become a part of the gang, Jeff and the Dean to kiss, the rest of the gang to carry the Dean on their shoulders like at a concert, but through the school and chanting his name..

Good to see you back.

You do know that Keith David was in the films being discussed as hopeful references, right? Not just random things pulled from the air. Maybe the lack of Community has made you rusty at this thread?

edit: Oh yeah, this is awesome casting news, by the way. Paget Brewster playing a different character than she did in season 5 is strange, though. However, I'm up for anything that puts more Paget Brewster on my television.

El Tortuga fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 11, 2014

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

Agreed

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I'd rather not spend the rest of this semester tied to this loving couch

adhuin posted:

We already had the Glee Christmas special. What more do you want?

Something good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Paget Brewster is a dumb name

• Locked thread