Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah same, just hold down r until you get a curse room, check it, then reset if it doesn't have the Dead Cat. Took me less than 5 minutes to get one.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Edit: The tick trinket also makes The Lost unkillable apparently.
How? How did they screw this up so badly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx
Jan 21, 2013

Has anyone got a door that you have to use two bombs to open since the last patch? I certainly haven't and the possibility that it was all a dream is weirding me out.

Also the new blocks that you can destroy can be amazing and I've identified some of them :

- Pots can give you money or spiders
- Rocks in general can have a hole under them, and some of them are tinted (or just have a mark from a certain point on)
- Skulls can give you tarot cards, the Ghost Baby or spawn the enemy that pops up and shoots
- Rocks in the womb are interesting, there are three types : there's one type that looks like a small column that gives hearts almost all the time (if not all the time), the one with little blobs around that shoots red tears (six way I think) all the time, and the regular red-tinted rocks that can be marked. I've also got the Blood Clot drop from one of them, but I'm not sure if it was from the column rock or the regular one.

Anyway, is there a prerequisite for unlocking The Lost? It seems like some people couldn't, even when they followed the instructions to the letter and in one sitting.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Exploiting an offline single player game...

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Had my first Mega Satan fight, it turned out kinda hilarious because a) The stopwatch decided to activate, so Satan and his pals were super slow, and b) I had shielded tears, so I could just stand still and fire right at him during his already-slowed bullet hell attacks. Now, to get ??? and Lamb kills with every character. Gee, won't that be a barrel of laughs.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Did a reroll on a build I wasn't feeling and got the Ipecac and split tears combo that sometimes carpet bombs the entire room that someone mentioned earlier. I don't have pyromaniac so it's incredibly dangerous to me! And everyone else, great fun.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

The tick glitch is probably caused by the healing on entering a boss room being improperly handled as The Lost. Reasonable oversight, IMO. I feel like people who are always aghast at glitches have never done software development.

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx posted:

Has anyone got a door that you have to use two bombs to open since the last patch? I certainly haven't and the possibility that it was all a dream is weirding me out.

Yeah I got one today, so they're not gone or anything.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

x420ReDdIT_Br0nYx posted:

Anyway, is there a prerequisite for unlocking The Lost? It seems like some people couldn't, even when they followed the instructions to the letter and in one sitting.
You may need to beat either The Lamb or ??? for the Poster.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Jibo posted:

This is what I did and it didn't take me that long at all. I had an easier time of it then getting the Mullibooms for the Isaac death.

Well in an odd event, looks like so long as you roll the 50/50 on the collar to respawn it too causes the bug to pop.

Edit: guess not :(

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Does the Breath of Life just not work? I tried it and it looked like I was taking damage still, but I was under the curse of the unknown.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Just encountered the boss rush for the first time on an eve run, not knowing what it was. Smashed it because I had such a lucky build already, so hopefully Eve's Mascara turns out to be a good item.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ariong posted:

Does the Breath of Life just not work? I tried it and it looked like I was taking damage still, but I was under the curse of the unknown.

Breath of Life is unique, very situational, and broke as hell in the right circumstances. Once the bar finishes ticking down, you gain invincibility to all damage but start taking damage anyway because of the lack of oxygen. The thing is, you get about half a second after that final tick disappears where you're still totally invincible. Spikes, spiky doors, blood banks, heart beggars - none of them can hurt you while you're in that state. It's useless for combat because of the timing involve, but it lets you bypass nearly every environmental hazard hassle-free.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

LibbyM posted:

Just encountered the boss rush for the first time on an eve run, not knowing what it was. Smashed it because I had such a lucky build already, so hopefully Eve's Mascara turns out to be a good item.

I loving hate Eve's Mascara and I wish I could re-lock it because it spawns for me a ton and it has ruined my run every time I've gotten it.

It gives you like +3 damage for something like -3 range, -3 shot speed and -2 or -3 fire rate. It makes you hit hard, but you have to get up to point blank, lead your shots (in point blank), and doesn't actually up your DPS in my experience. Like if you have max range and shot speed and fire rate and are just lacking in damage it'd be great, but as a first or early item it's garbage.

I really wish Rebirth had fewer horribly crippling items :smith:

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 10, 2014

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I'm starting to get a little peeved.

Started over from scratch for the third time since the 1.01 patch came out on PS4. Had a great time last night. Unlocked Maggy and Cain. Uploaded my data.

Did not play or sync on Vita.

Return home, and once again the loving game won't load.

edit: I think I figured it out. I think PSN+ is syncing back and forth a corrupt save for me in its separate storage. I can delete it from PS4.

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 10, 2014

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Loving the OST now that it was finally released.

The fight music is all awesome when you can listen to it and not spend every bit of your energy going "gently caress! gently caress! FUUUUCK!" as you dodge attacks.

Runcible Spoon
Sep 20, 2012
Can you unlock the Polaroid while you have a Negative piece showing on your save file pic, or do you have to do one or the other fully before the other?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jibo posted:

This is what I did and it didn't take me that long at all. I had an easier time of it then getting the Mullibooms for the Isaac death.

I haven't managed to test whether the rumor that you can use seeds is true, but if it is, here's a seed for anyone looking to unlock The Lost with Isaac.

67L3 2KHC

There's something in the room to the north of the first room to hurt you down to half a heart and a multiboom in the first room to the south to finish you off.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Runcible Spoon posted:

Can you unlock the Polaroid while you have a Negative piece showing on your save file pic, or do you have to do one or the other fully before the other?

No, you get the 5 kills each in any order, that visual is just to remind you how many you have.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The hell actually triggers Golden God? Because I just got it and I'm not entirely sure why. Is it just for beating all end bosses? I got it after a successful Chest run. But I haven't beaten Mega Satan on the Steam version yet, so I guess he doesn't count.

Man, if there's something for beating him with The Lost...

Read
Dec 21, 2010

The interaction with Brimstone + Lump of Coal + Ludovico is really neat, I think people have mentioned it before but I'm having fun making gifs so

ChibiSoma posted:

The hell actually triggers Golden God? Because I just got it and I'm not entirely sure why. Is it just for beating all end bosses? I got it after a successful Chest run. But I haven't beaten Mega Satan on the Steam version yet, so I guess he doesn't count.

Killing both Blue Baby & The Lamb triggers it IIRC.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Magres posted:

I really wish Rebirth had fewer horribly crippling items :smith:

Honestly I'd say that Rebirth has significantly fewer trash-tier items compared to BoI and especially Wrath.

Runcible Spoon
Sep 20, 2012
Welp, that was a hard boss fight. :v:

The Dark One got stuck in this pose, unmoving, for the entire boss battle. I just stood there and shot hin until he died, no movement required.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I loathe anyone who gets interesting item combos. I'm still stuck with beating runs because I have decent damage and shot speed. it's so loving boring.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

ChibiSoma posted:

Most of the items/challenges/achievements/secrets in the game are unlocked by beating X boss with Y character. If you just go in order and beat both end game bosses with every character and then complete every challenge, you'll have like 95% of the stuff in the game unlocked.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I just got tiny planet + anti-grav tears + magnetic tears and now I'm the bullet hell boss.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Alkydere posted:

The fight music is all awesome when you can listen to it and not spend every bit of your energy going "gently caress! gently caress! FUUUUCK!" as you dodge attacks.

Yeah I really like it too I think it's way better than the first game's music which surprised me because my sister was saying how terrible it was. Cellar theme is especially cool.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

:toot:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What does "tears up/down" actually mean? Is it every tear related stat like range/damage/shot speed in one?

And what does faith up/down do?

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
/\/\/\ tears up/down is your rate of fire. A high stat and you're a machine gun, low and you're waiting seconds between shots.

Faith supposedly increases the chance of angel rooms appearing instead of devil rooms

Alkydere posted:

Counterpoint: the depths music strange beeping is annoying because it always makes me think my microwave is beeping, and the squelching noises in the womb are just horrible and I cant listen to it for more than 5 seconds.

There are some tracks I really like though, Diptera Sonata is great and the Chest theme is epically awesome.

Logan 5 fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 10, 2014

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah I really like it too I think it's way better than the first game's music which surprised me because my sister was saying how terrible it was. Cellar theme is especially cool.

All the boss fight music is awesome. It builds up to be more and more intense as you go from normal to mom to womb to Satan to Isaac. Chest fight is a bit of a step down after the intensity of Isaac's music, but eh, still amazing/good.

Logan 5 posted:

Counterpoint: the depths music strange beeping is annoying because it always makes me think my microwave is beeping, and the squelching noises in the womb are just horrible and I cant listen to it for more than 5 seconds.

There are some tracks I really like though, Diptera Sonata is great and the Chest theme is epically awesome.

I fully agree but...I have somehow managed to stop hearing it.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

drunken officeparty posted:

What does "tears up/down" actually mean? Is it every tear related stat like range/damage/shot speed in one?

Tears is your fire rate. Faith probably affects your chance of Angel rooms but beyond that we're not really sure.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

drunken officeparty posted:

'Tears' is firing speed.
Faith increases the chance of finding an Angel Room and also increases Soul Heart drops(pretty sure).
Evil/sin increases chance for Devil Rooms and Black Heart drops, decreases chance for Angel room or Soul Heart drops(pretty sure).

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Beat Sheol :toot: Eve with Taurus, Daddy Long Legs and Robo Baby 2 among others (got a ton of power upgrades as well). Pretty overpowered.

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
Probably a really dumb question, but is there something I need to do to have Pin show up in the Basement? It seems like the only bosses I ever see are Monstro and Larry Jr, with the occasional Gemini or Steven fight.

As I said, I have yet to beat the game but I've got about a hundred runs in (enough to get The Scissors, anyway), and I've fought Steven twice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Are there any items/enemies in the original game that were removed for this one? I know there are some room layouts that don't show up in Rebirth.

MCXD
Nov 12, 2008

gamingCaffeinator posted:

Probably a really dumb question, but is there something I need to do to have Pin show up in the Basement? It seems like the only bosses I ever see are Monstro and Larry Jr, with the occasional Gemini or Steven fight.

I think Pin only appears in the Cellar in Rebirth (as with Widow).

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
It's really funny that it's significantly easier and requires less luck to get a combination of items that allows you to infinitely use Monster Manuel to get the 4pc Meat Boy achievement than it is to legitimately get 4 cubes of meat to drop. Thanks Edmund.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Jibo posted:

The lack of reset button on PS4 makes me so impatient and god am I angry after that many runs to basement 2 for nothing. I saw Guppie's collar once.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Do you know if seeds work? I'm going to kill myself if I have to keep resetting for Mullibooms :shepicide:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Brett824 posted:

It's really funny that it's significantly easier and requires less luck to get a combination of items that allows you to infinitely use Monster Manuel to get the 4pc Meat Boy achievement than it is to legitimately get 4 cubes of meat to drop. Thanks Edmund.

honestly i'm kind of sad that you're way less likely to see meat boy or bandage girl this time around. it was a cool series of upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
How to break the Dark Bum even further: Life Savings and the Bloody Penny trinket.

:getin: