Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

AP are you aligned with Thano?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Honestly, I feel like Hal is a distraction. The Cool Kids' Table is where your vote should be going if you're looking to win.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MildManeredManikin posted:

Thano it is essential I know the extent to which you lied to me yesterday.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Thano it is essential I know the extent to which you lied to me yesterday.

Anything I lied to you about was done in order to not break other's confidences; I similarly didn't break yours.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

So you and AP are aligned right?

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

AP are you aligned with Thano?

Well, Hal is a liar, and I want to see what his word is. I also firmly believe in voting off lurkers (other than myself, naturally), and he hasn't posted in 3, coming on 4 days.

But hey, saving Thanos from the jaws of death is just a bonus. Maybe he'll owe me, then. ;)

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Strong Mouse posted:

Thana, are you willing to say the 3 people you've been connected with?

No, for a couple of different reasons: first, I want people to want to contact me, and I want them to be able to do so confident that I won't reveal it to all and sundry; at this point, I could really use the help. Second, while not everyone I was in contact with was receptive, the Cool Kids' Table is already gunning for me, and I'd prefer not to give them a roadmap as to who to go after next.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Does anybody want to say who Hal contacted the first night? I want to know who he lied to.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Thanatosian posted:

No, for a couple of different reasons: first, I want people to want to contact me, and I want them to be able to do so confident that I won't reveal it to all and sundry; at this point, I could really use the help. Second, while not everyone I was in contact with was receptive, the Cool Kids' Table is already gunning for me, and I'd prefer not to give them a roadmap as to who to go after next.

I'm fine with that.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

One of my sources posited that it was EXAKT Science. Anybody want to confirm that?

...On another note, how long has it been since EXAKT's posted?

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

ActingPower posted:

One of my sources posited that it was EXAKT Science. Anybody want to confirm that?

...On another note, how long has it been since EXAKT's posted?

3 days 7 hours

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

That's longer than how long Hal hasn't posted. Curiouser and curiouser...

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Thanatosian posted:

Anything I lied to you about was done in order to not break other's confidences; I similarly didn't break yours.

Was the word you gave me your word?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somber did you really not even test my word today before saying that? What's up with that.

Merk, I can't remebember what IS aid to you exactly, but regarding my word I told you the truth. I think I didn't tell you I was with Somber but that's because he asked me not to.

So, yes, I originally gave somber a fake word and as soon as I tested his I gave him the real word. I suppose you can say I lied but in the end I held up my half of our bargain.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ekaxt contacted me last night and he has sent me a PM which I haven't responded to. I also talked to him yesterday but it didn't result in anything of consequence.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hal did you contact Somber?

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Strong Mouse posted:

Does anybody want to say who Hal contacted the first night? I want to know who he lied to.

ActingPower posted:

...On the other hand, my other source says he contacted you. :confused:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal did you contact Somber?

I have contacted Somber and PoP, merk contacted me N1, Exakt both nights.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Was the word you gave me your word?
Yes, but you weren't the only one I gave it to. I'mma contact you day 4.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

ActingPower posted:

...On the other hand, my other source says he contacted you. :confused:

I have not talked to Hal.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Got it.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Hal Incandenza posted:

You contacted somber night 1? Then who did somber contact?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Strong Mouse posted:

You contacted somber night 1? Then who did somber contact?

I think he said... acting power?

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think he said... acting power?

That would be right.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Thanatosian posted:

My word is also not a dictionary word.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Deadline is tonight. Don't forget to get your guesses in before then!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Thanatosian (3): merk, Power of Pecota, winvirus
Hal Incandenza (2): Strong Mouse, ActingPower
winvirus (1): Thanatosian
Somberbrero (0): merk, merk
merk (0): Thanatosian, Thanatosian

Not Voting (5): EXAKT Science, Hal Incandenza, MildManeredManikin, Rarity, Somberbrero

There are 11 living players. The elimination is based on a plurality vote!

The current deadline is November 11th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 9 hours, 7 minutes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What exactly is going on in the incorrect guess list?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

I'm at work what is happening. Please keep the phone posters in the loop. Gratzi

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So... there are five people who haven't voted. Hal is presumably going to vote to protect himself. Which still leaves four votes. Is everyone just going to sit on their vote until the last moment? Or just not bother voting at all?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

winvirus posted:

I'm at work what is happening. Please keep the phone posters in the loop. Gratzi

Sure, this should all be public knowledge since it's saved in the change logs.

Bizarre.

Winvirus, I want to vote you because you have a word and I don't know your word. I'm sorry. I implied I wouldn't vote for Thanos today and I feel compelled to honor that. Hal's word checked out so I'm not going to vote him for lying, even though he was uncouth enough to only come forward once I called him out. ##vote Winvirus

If you want to convince me to move my vote, I think the only thing would be to push for someone who isn't one of those two people. Sorry, I hope there are no hard feelings. I'd like to be able to deal with you, but I'm a little scared of getting burned on a trade.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Hal's word checked out so I'm not going to vote him for lying, even though he was uncouth enough to only come forward once I called him out.

Well to be fair, I was going to tell you regardless of being called out or not, and if I wasn't I could have kept lying to you! But thank you.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hal, we have made some room for you on the Winvirus bandwagon. It's a seat next to that pretty girl you have a crush on.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanatosian posted:

Hal, we have made some room for you on the Winvirus bandwagon. It's a seat next to that pretty girl you have a crush on.

I dunno, you seem to have a lot of words (more than me anyway) and I know nothing about winvirus or how many words he might know...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somber have you told anyone else your word?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hal Incandenza posted:

I dunno, you seem to have a lot of words (more than me anyway) and I know nothing about winvirus or how many words he might know...
I have no more words than CKT, much as they're trying to represent otherwise. And what you should be worried about more than number of words is who they're going to be voting off once they're done with me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Somber have you told anyone else your word?

Yep.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

##vote thana

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hal you should talk to me tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also keep in mind, Hal, that merk has four words without having given anyone his word. My guess is that their plan is to sit on his word until they've eliminated all of the competition, making it impossible for anyone else to win no matter how many words anyone else has. And very shortly they're going to have the votes to be unstoppable.

• Locked thread