Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Woohoo posted:

all killscorestreaks have nothing on MW2 (why make remote turret manual?!), in fact, there's no point in bothering with scorestreaks at all.

Maybe I'm not understanding you, but there are about a dozen scorestreak options, and each of those options have about eight configurable options that will make the cost more.

One of those options is to make the turret fully automated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Philthy posted:

Maybe I'm not understanding you, but there are about a dozen scorestreak options, and each of those options have about eight configurable options that will make the cost more.

Doesn't make it any less garbage. Absolutely worthless with no redeeming qualities whatsoever

Rather spend the point on more wrist-mounted recon drone robot friends to be honest

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Philthy posted:

Yeah despite the remote sentry being the best killstreak in the game, it is really the worst killstreak in the game.

Points are better spent on paladin killstreaks, because, lets be honest, you're gonna get one eventually.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Antoine Silvere posted:

Doesn't make it any less garbage. Absolutely worthless with no redeeming qualities whatsoever

Rather spend the point on more wrist-mounted recon drone robot friends to be honest

Turret is good for zombies mode but yeah otherwise it's garbage. First few days I was wondering why it never fired off a single round when I deployed it...

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

afkmacro posted:

Turret is good for zombies mode but yeah otherwise it's garbage. First few days I was wondering why it never fired off a single round when I deployed it...

Play with us tonight, we'll let you in on a secret.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Zaphod42 posted:

Hey, if he got a new CPU he'd have to get a new motherboard and all this other junk, man! Its easier to just keep buying newer and newer video cards, I mean that works just as well right? :downs:

But I don't think Bay movies are an enjoyable experience :smith:

Someone hasn't seen Pain and Gain.

So should I stick with BO2? Because everything I hear sounds like AW's a garbage port.

a retard fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 10, 2014

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

please share because I don't own this on pc

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

ethanol posted:

please share because I don't own this on pc

The secret is don't buy this poo poo on pc. So you're already ahead of the curve.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

The secret is don't buy this poo poo on pc. So you're already ahead of the curve.

ha ha, that's no secret :stonkhat:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

All these SUPER WRONG OPINIONS about remote turret!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

According to what I see from watching MLG streamers play "THE RACE TO BEING A HOMO" etc, the ONLY good gun is the Bal 27

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Sappo569 posted:

According to what I see from watching MLG streamers play "THE RACE TO BEING A HOMO" etc, the ONLY good gun is the Bal 27

Lol no

edit: Apparently some patch just went live, someone find patch notes.

Knifegrab fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 11, 2014

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
lmgs are terrible, bring back the hog from blops and the olympia while they're at it

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Knifegrab posted:

Lol no

edit: Apparently some patch just went live, someone find patch notes.

Patch notes lowered the diamond camo requirements which is all I can see so far.

In other words: Still got connection problems? :dealwithit:

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Sappo569 posted:

It's not bad, but grip/quickdraw/thermal IMR has been my weapon of choice for the most part. Even better with the 'feedback' one I got in a supply drop with a higher rate of fire.

DonnieJeffcoat
Jul 8, 2005
Salad Prong
They lowered the kills required for camos, but I also think they made it so you can't unlock the camos if you did not have enough kills/headshots/whatever for the old requirements but have more than enough for the new numbers.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

I hope it's hacks.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

afkmacro posted:

I hope it's hacks.

In some certain cases it might as well be. :v:

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Robot Randy posted:

lmgs are terrible, bring back the hog from blops and the olympia while they're at it

ummmmmmmmmm i think you mean "bring back the LSAT"

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

DonnieJeffcoat posted:

They lowered the kills required for camos, but I also think they made it so you can't unlock the camos if you did not have enough kills/headshots/whatever for the old requirements but have more than enough for the new numbers.

yup
I have 384/80, and no unlock

e
and raised carbon fiber to 150 and gold to 200
:cool:

funkmeister fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 11, 2014

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Woohoo posted:

Why would one, in the era of killer drones and walking tanks need bunch of infantrymen anyway?
Infantry is the difference between Neptune Spear and yesterday's airstrike on the ISIS leadership.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Shenanigans happening tonight :getin:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Bought this game despite swearing to never buy another CoD after Blops 2, then Ghosts. I think I might have a brain tumor.

Pleasantly surprised with multiplayer though, the movement system gives it a nice open feeling it sorely needed. And yet people still camp corners :negative:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Did that patch make things worse or is it just me?

Had so many deaths that looked like utter bullshit on the killcam, namely being punched after putting 15-20 rounds into people

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
My games have been 100% smoother since the patch. User connections don't seem to fluctuate every two seconds. It's actually been an enjoyable experience.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

zwdzk posted:

My games have been 100% smoother since the patch. User connections don't seem to fluctuate every two seconds. It's actually been an enjoyable experience.

Also, ATI released a new beta graphics driver for most cards today, after installing that, most of my FPS issues were alleviated and I can actually load into a game and not get insane frame drops when i see someone from the other team.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
For all the people that were concerned in this thread I bought a new video card so I can play this game. Are the cinematics just high quality renders from in game assets or are they pre rendered?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Did you actually buy a new graphics card for this loving terrible game are you seriously that stupid.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Apthous posted:

For all the people that were concerned in this thread I bought a new video card so I can play this game. Are the cinematics just high quality renders from in game assets or are they pre rendered?

Quoting this so you can't edit it later, you bought a gfx card for cod advanced shitfare. Pre-rendered you ding-a-ling.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

hopterque posted:

Did you actually buy a new graphics card for this loving terrible game are you seriously that stupid.

Someone in this thread told me to buy a new graphics card and called me granpda and I always do what somethingawful tells me to do.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

3 prestiges in and I still don't know what the crap the handling rating means.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
AW is like Tribes with the dick chopped off. The next DLC is just going to be a copy of the 1998 version of Tribes and you can fly around with a jetpack to your heart's content.

]-[ate_Sandwich
Nov 27, 2000
It means absolutely nothing.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Joined the goonfare group as "Garbage" on steam.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

" posted:

-[ate_Sandwich" post="437531011"]
It means absolutely nothing.

No idea why I posted in the PC thread but hey that's how it goes.

And yeah, agreed. If you google it you get lots of people describing everything from mobility to quickdraw to cross hair sway to how you grip it, sensually.

I like the last one.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
Any chance CoD returns to the WW2 setting or are we all stuck with shooting non-white people and aliens?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Apthous posted:

Any chance CoD returns to the WW2 setting or are we all stuck with shooting non-white people and aliens?

Next game focuses on killing gamergate supporters. Please look forward to it.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
I'll take back SOME of the criticism, Hardcore Domination, like in all CoDs lately, does comes to rescue and makes almost every other gun besides fastest-fire-rate submachine guns playable also. In fact, you can ever pick up something as unbelievable (in late cod games) as sniper rifle and actually use it. Because HC Dom games are much more campy and much less crazy-ten-year-old-flying-whoo sprayfests so you have time to go prone and line up a shot and all that.

That said, HC mode makes akimbo submachine no-aim gunners deadlier also. But I guess it balances out in HC (unlike vanilla modes). The one-shot railgun thing is still useless and that continuous laser gun (EM1 or whatever) feels like cheating in HC. Luckily, noobs using it are badmouthed quickly enough. And it's crazy fun using Exo Stomp on capture point B in Terrace (the map with nighttime luxurious hotel thing) and clear out all the campers. I got some bloody shoes and shin guards and whatnot. Pity that I have to use lowest texture options to have any reasonable fps (on Intel i-7, 16GB RAM and Nvidia GTX590, what the flying gently caress?!). "Low" in Cod:AW apparently means "lowest than goddamn Quake 1".

Oh well. I've been playing about 17 times today and not a single time I've exited the game properly, due level loading getting stuck and "synchronizing" phase. Thanks for another crappy, unoptimized, buggy console port. I wish general consumer protection laws would start to apply to game developers too. What would happen if you buy a car that explodes randomly, gas pedal gets stuck every now and then and you'd have to scrap hood, hub caps and muffler to make it even start?

Protips:

If matchmaking takes forever, go to customization and enter firing range. Helps to kill boredom, and does not interrupt matchmaking
Go to armory and redeem poo poo you don't want to use/wear for XP - helps to unlock stuff you want quicker

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Nov 11, 2014

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

dreffen posted:

Next game focuses on killing gamergate supporters. Please look forward to it.

I want to kill both sides but CoD doesn't allow friendly fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Apthous posted:

What kind of sick gently caress wants another WW2 game in the YOOL 2014.

Besides, AW is mercs vs mercs, so it's got a reasonably even racial spread.

• Locked thread