Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I tried putting the game cart in and nothing changed in the content manager app.

How do I check the information of the bubble?

Edit: Hold on, with the cart in VLR shows up in the manage memory card section but not the copying section.

Edit: I can check the bubble information in the memory card section for VLR and it says eligible for trophies.

Edit: In the memory card section it's actually greyed out and can't be selected for deletion.

The_Frag_Man fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Nov 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Maybe you're just overthinking it. What happens if you just take the VLR card and put it into the Vita TV, assuming that and your Vita are logged into the same PSN account?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I want to get a PS TV mainly for PS4 remote play. I will be playing mostly single player games and I just sometimes wish I had a bigger screen than my Vita has to offer. Is the thing worth it if the main thing I want it for is PS4 remote play? I'm seeing 2 second delay being mentioned a couple of times. That's hyperbole, right?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

jabro posted:

I want to get a PS TV mainly for PS4 remote play. I will be playing mostly single player games and I just sometimes wish I had a bigger screen than my Vita has to offer. Is the thing worth it if the main thing I want it for is PS4 remote play? I'm seeing 2 second delay being mentioned a couple of times. That's hyperbole, right?

Is your solution going to use wireless or go across the internet in any way? If so, assume you'll get a delay that's at least annoying and not worthy of Call of Duty. Even in ideal situations it's not something I'd do any "serious" play with, to the point where you'd be better off just getting a 2nd power cable and moving the PS4 as needed.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

jabro posted:

It won't feel awful if you're wired to the PS4 on the same LAN, but even then your controls will feel a little 'drunk' and you probably won't enjoy playing an FPS or other precise action game like Spelunky or Isaac. I wouldn't call it a 2 second delay, but it's enough to make you miss aiming precisely. YMMV of course but you could probably handle something more forgiving like an Assassin's Creed game or GTA. Of course turn based games are no problem but the PS4 isn't really known for a huge library of those right now.

And like univbee said if you're on WiFi all bets are off. No way around that one, really.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

PS4 is wired but the PS TV will be wireless until I get off my lazy rear end and get all the other rooms wired. I expect delay on twitch response games since I'm used to Vita remote play, though if I did play CoD multi with it I'm sure my k/d won't see a difference. Mostly it would be for things like GTA and other games where I just want to chill in bed to play and not move my PS4.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

jabro posted:

PS4 is wired but the PS TV will be wireless until I get off my lazy rear end and get all the other rooms wired. I expect delay on twitch response games since I'm used to Vita remote play, though if I did play CoD multi with it I'm sure my k/d won't see a difference. Mostly it would be for things like GTA and other games where I just want to chill in bed to play and not move my PS4.
Yeah, I don't think it will be any worse than your Vita connection then, probably about the same. You might notice the lag a lot more easily though when you can see everything better.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

So fighting games are pretty much out for this thing, right? I was considering getting one for the new Guilty Gear Xrd coming out on PS3 but I'm not sure if that game is going to be downloadable for the PSTV or not? Also only 1 USB port means I can't do 2 player local w/ fight sticks :(

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

jabro posted:

Powerline ethernet adapters are pretty good these days. That's how I have my PSTV and PS4 wired and it's working great.

I just got the PSTV on Friday, more to mess around with than thinking it would be awesome. They're ~$80 "open box" on Amazon, FYI. I kinda love it. Being able to play PS4 in bed is rad. Being able to play Vita games on a TV is rad. The whole thing is rad and works better than I expected it to. That being said there is SOME lag on remote play though. Playing NBA2K15 via remote play made shot timing a bit off. Whoever said 2 seconds is insane and can't tell time at all though. It's a fraction of a second, enough to notice if you're looking for it, but really just feels like your reaction time is a bit slow. Basically it's what you would expect.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Callick posted:

So fighting games are pretty much out for this thing, right? I was considering getting one for the new Guilty Gear Xrd coming out on PS3 but I'm not sure if that game is going to be downloadable for the PSTV or not? Also only 1 USB port means I can't do 2 player local w/ fight sticks :(

If fight sticks are serious business for you, this really isn't going to work, and at least PS3 fightsticks don't work at all (I have stock ones). Also you can't remote into a PS3, only a PS4.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

univbee posted:

If fight sticks are serious business for you, this really isn't going to work, and at least PS3 fightsticks don't work at all (I have stock ones). Also you can't remote into a PS3, only a PS4.

You can't just download PS3 games from the PSN store to the memory card and play them natively? Maybe I misread the features of this thing

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Callick posted:

You can't just download PS3 games from the PSN store to the memory card and play them natively? Maybe I misread the features of this thing

It's a downsized Vita, not a PS3. It uses the same Dualshock 3 as the PS3 but that's it, native PS3 games do not work on it (you would have to get the Vita version of any game). If you own a separate PS4 you can remote into it and take over it remotely to play games that way.

There are some fighting games for the Vita but they generally don't support multiple simultaneous local players at this time (although the PS1 classics do), and the controllers you use pretty much have to be wireless (either DS3 or DS4).

univbee fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 10, 2014

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Speaking of PS4 streaming, which resolution does it use? Is it sent 720p natively or does it grab the vita-native resolution then do the 720 upscale?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Callick posted:

FPSs and fighting games are pretty much out for Remote Play to PS4. I play FFXIV on my Vita with remote play and have a great time with it, though.

And yeah, fight sticks don't work, which loving suck. It'd be awesome to put all the PSX/PSP/Vita games on one of these and plug in my fightsticks, but nope.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
So SAO and SKV work really well with Vita TV. Played a bit of both yesterday. Dracula X seems to be broken still though.

In any case just need Ys, and g2g.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Now I'm curious, can you plug a keyboard or a mouse into this thing for the PS4 remote play? Because if so that'd be really fun for FFXIV.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Now I'm curious, can you plug a keyboard or a mouse into this thing for the PS4 remote play? Because if so that'd be really fun for FFXIV.
I hadn't thought of that, I'll move my dongle and try it out with the same thing I use on the PS4 (Logitech k400r) and see what happens.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I highly doubt it, especially in the context you're thinking. Although now I'm curious if the XIM4 would work with it...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Maybe. The Vita does support bluetooth keyboards (and they work for chat in Freedom Wars and PSO2). I don't know about mouse though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Yeah, if anyone could try it I'd be really interested to see. The PS4 recognizes a mouse as soon as you plug it in, but the only games I know work with it are War Thunder and FFXIV.

univbee posted:

I highly doubt it, especially in the context you're thinking. Although now I'm curious if the XIM4 would work with it...

I would think the XIM4 would, since it just shows up as a generic USB device, iirc. That could be a way to get fightsticks to work on it, for an insane price.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

OlliOlli showed up in the official list (and in the home screen ads) and it works now, although I had to do the following to get it working:

- Download the game
- Install the game patch
- Hit the refresh arrows

That said, it's a pain because all the menu prompts are touch screen-based.

univbee fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 11, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

You'll be waiting for a long time for a fix if it requires any effort on Nicalis' end.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You'll be waiting for a long time for a fix if it requires any effort on Nicalis' end.
Well, the guy who said he'd look into fixing it is from PlayStation. Which makes sense, they're the ones who ultimately have to flip the switch to let it attempt to run.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The PSTV didn't recognize my USB wireless keyboard and mouse at all. I don't have a Bluetooth one so I can't test that out, but the keyboard portion of that might be an option. Since my PS4 is just in the other room, I was able to use the wireless keyboard with the receiver plugged into the PS4 while playing through the PSTV. It didn't seem any laggier than the remote play already does. The keyboard/touchpad functioned just the same in FF14 as before, because, well, it is the same.

I have too many devices on my network though, and something causes the connection to hitch. It's really annoying because every few moments the screen will freeze for an instant and the music will cut out. I would probably not actually play this way unless I rearranged my cables so that the PS4 and PSTV were on the same switch instead of having a few hops in between them (I've got a switch in each room plus the router tying them together).

The combination of the downscaling to 720p and my PSTV being on a much smaller TV also made things hard to read. You can of course readjust the UI in FF14 somewhat to compensate but you start to run uo against the issue of screen real estate, and no matter what size you pick some elements stubbornly remain small.

So with a really long wireless k/m connection and an uncluttered network you could possibly enjoy playing FF14 from the other room. I'm not going to bother with it with my setup though.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
I saw this at 3 different stores today: PSTV compatibility stickers are now on some Vita games:

If you can't make out the text, it says

quote:

PlayStation TV Compatible

Some game features may not be available.
May require a software update.

Games that aren't playable on PSTV such as Gravity Rush and Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition didn't have the stickers.

Also, Spelunky Vita version was updated today and now supports 4 players on PSTV.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CrashCat posted:

The PSTV didn't recognize my USB wireless keyboard and mouse at all. I don't have a Bluetooth one so I can't test that out, but the keyboard portion of that might be an option. Since my PS4 is just in the other room, I was able to use the wireless keyboard with the receiver plugged into the PS4 while playing through the PSTV. It didn't seem any laggier than the remote play already does. The keyboard/touchpad functioned just the same in FF14 as before, because, well, it is the same.

I have too many devices on my network though, and something causes the connection to hitch. It's really annoying because every few moments the screen will freeze for an instant and the music will cut out. I would probably not actually play this way unless I rearranged my cables so that the PS4 and PSTV were on the same switch instead of having a few hops in between them (I've got a switch in each room plus the router tying them together).

The combination of the downscaling to 720p and my PSTV being on a much smaller TV also made things hard to read. You can of course readjust the UI in FF14 somewhat to compensate but you start to run uo against the issue of screen real estate, and no matter what size you pick some elements stubbornly remain small.

So with a really long wireless k/m connection and an uncluttered network you could possibly enjoy playing FF14 from the other room. I'm not going to bother with it with my setup though.

Thanks for testing this out, I was just really curious if it would work or not.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Yechezkel posted:

Also, Spelunky Vita version was updated today and now supports 4 players on PSTV.

Oh hey, that's awesome, I was wondering how much possibility there was for multiplayer use on the system. I didn't consider before I bought it that most of the games available were never intended to have multiple people play on one system, even if the PS4 version has that feature.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Some company is releasing a big gamepad-style screen controller dealio with a PSTV dock in the back, for those who want to play their PSTV in a handheld format but don't want to just buy a Vita? I dunno.

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2014/11/11/82444.html

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

That is bizarre, and actually kinda cool too. I wonder if it can do tv-out.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Some company is releasing a big gamepad-style screen controller dealio with a PSTV dock in the back, for those who want to play their PSTV in a handheld format but don't want to just buy a Vita? I dunno.

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2014/11/11/82444.html

That's some recursive poo poo right there

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The article says it has HDMI inputs and supports USB controllers and is confirmed to work with PS3.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'd have probably bought that if I was buying now. I love my vita, but when I'm at home, plugging it into a big screen would be nice.

I wish sony would just enable the video out on my vita, it's allegedly present on the non-slim ones anyway:

quote:

According to Muneki Shimada, Sony Director of the Second Division of Software Development, the original PCH-1000 series PlayStation Vita already includes an upscaler that supports up to 1080i resolution, however it was decided that the idea for video output for the original Vita was to be scrapped in favour for releasing the PlayStation Vita TV as a separate device for television connectivity.[76] The in-built scaler has been removed from the PCH-2000 series PlayStation Vita model.[77]

:sigh:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
RIP PCH-1000 mystery port.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

An update to The Binding of Isaac added PSTV support! Check it out if you haven't already.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ajkalan posted:

An update to The Binding of Isaac added PSTV support! Check it out if you haven't already.

Confirmed. :woop:

Anyone know if either Senran Kagura Bon Appetit or Tales of Hearts R currently work?

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Tales of Hearts R has the "PlayStation TV compatible" graphic (or "compatibilité" :quebec:) on its boxart, so yes. source

Dbhjed
Jul 20, 2006

Homework?!
Lipstick Apathy
So I picked up one last week on a whim with a new ds4. After I figured out how to turn wifi streaming off and steam over Ethernet, I can safely say it is really good.

I played all of costume quest 2 on it and I never felt the lag to be there at all, I was able to do the timed button press without issue.

I guess the real test will be how well it streams LBP3 next week. Hopefully I won't have to lug my ps4 between floors anymore.

Also the thing is tiny!!! At first I thought mine was missing from the box because I didn't see it tucked in the bottom part in the white sleeve

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
One of us! One of us!

*ahem* Welcome to the club. Please pick up your fez by the door.

So is anyone going to pick up that abomination that allows you to convert the VitaTV back into an handheld?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I've had my Vita TV since launch and I bounce back and forth between loving it (when I am playing a game I already downloaded/confirmed to work) to hating it (when I browse the hosed up store, or try to navigate the labyrinth that is what actually is or is not compatible).

That being said, can anyone actually confirm for me if the Vita TV uses a wired connection for Remote Play with a PS4? Both my PS4 and Vita TV are hardwired (and only separated by a single wall--they're seriously almost 3.5 feet apart from one another) and I noticed the same somewhat-crappy-but-not-bad-depending-on-the-game input lag. I decided to test out wireless and see how much worse it would be and didn't notice any difference, which could just be because of their proximity to one another. But then I noticed something--even if you have the Vita TV wired to your LAN, when you initiate the Remote Play application, it gets rid of the LAN Connection icon in the Vita TV's Status Bar and replaces it with a Wireless Connection Strength icon.

I don't think this is just a clumsy way of displaying connection strength, because I can have a full 3 bars and still see the "oh crap your connection is bad for a minute, hold tight" overlay icon that you get sometimes. Can anyone else confirm this/has anyone else noticed this behavior when trying to initiate Remote Play with a wired connection? It seems like the Vita TV doesn't even use your wired connection for Remote Play, it shuts down that connection and chooses to use wireless instead (which fits in with the, "gently caress just rush this poo poo out the door" mentality of the system, since it would just default to the only method of connection the Vita would know).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

That sounds really weird. I haven't even given my PSTV the wifi password, so it wouldn't have much luck there. I suppose if it seems like it's using the wifi you could wipe out that config and see what happens.

• Locked thread