Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Just got a 1.05 patch on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Roman posted:

Just got a 1.05 patch on PS4.

Me too. Looks like a lot of the lag issues are resolved for me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Game just crashed again :negative: This was after installing the patch.

Hopefully it's just an off night. I've been playing on and off since Friday afternoon with no problems until tonight but it's crashed twice in a few hours.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I like hardcore because then every gun becomes viable. I play core and my hbrahhhh constantly loses in firefights with BALs, even in instances I get the first shot on. But everything's wicked deadly in HC.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

HC Dom akimbo SMG's with gung ho. Big gently caress you shooting slides into the flags all day.

Suck on that, BAL toting try hards. *finishes 20-50 with 15 captures.*

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

finished top three last night add me

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

I improved my K/D from 0.95 to 1.06 after I used my prestige unlock on Peripherals. Seeing that extra large minimap really helps me penetrate into the top 3 on the reg.

Add me GT: zombie boat

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Amazon always doing more things to make me love them more. Even though I bought my PS4 when Destiny came out, Amazon still sent me a code for a free year of PSN plus for their current COD promotion.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Spoon Man posted:

I improved my K/D from 0.95 to 1.06 after I used my prestige unlock on Peripherals. Seeing that extra large minimap really helps me penetrate into the top 3 on the reg.

Add me GT: zombie boat

Spoon, when did you become zombie boat?

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
I'll have to look up my KF5 spaz build, but I know I run 2 of every perk, no grenades, and Exo Stim for the extra health. You definitely want Gung Ho and the attachment that improves your hip firing. Basically you run, slide, and stomp everywhere and jut hip fire all the time. Probably not that useful in TDM but a shitload of fun in DOM. Had a few games last night where I was 10 / 10 / 10. I also run the UAV + Extra assist points and Turret with sentinal system Streaks, both with support. I was using a trapped care package, but people catch on too quick if you stay in the same lobby.

You'll be in the top 3, of fun :madmax:

EDIT

Put me in with the SAC3-haters. Couldn't get into them after using the KF5 for so long.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

bear is driving! posted:

Spoon, when did you become zombie boat?

We are all Zombie Boat.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
So for prestige I was thinking of either grabbing gung ho or the SN6 b/c that's been my baby for a bit, I'm leaning towards gung ho because none of my SMG builds work properly without it, any other perks/items I should be thinking of using my prestige on?

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

by Shine
I haven't bought one of these games since the first Modern Warfare, but holy gently caress how can anyone enjoy this single player? I've gotten 4 missions in and during each one of those missions I die maybe 15 times just because I guess wrong what the game wants me to do. Like nobody thought for a minute about this game before they decided to full steam start slapping levels together.

Went through a wrong door? Out of bounds. Restart, moron.
Shot the wrong guy from a drone? Idiot, why did you do that? Restart, this mission is hosed.
Die a few times trying to cross a busy street, see a crosswalk maybe 10 meters to the right and try to go over there? God holy gently caress you are dumb, there is an invisible wall here. Stop this.
Ran too fast into a room after one of your guys tells you to? Get flashbanged, see 5 guys teleport into room you are in, die. Cool, peace.

I feel real dumb for buying this, like I was hoping like ok if this is consistently the most sold video game of all time probably it has to be sorta good? No, oh my god, n ope. What a loving buggy mess of a game that is cobbled together through not even solidified farts. I've never returned a game to gamestop either, can I like get mostly full price for it if I do it today?

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

The AA-12's range in MW3 was hot loving garbage. If you were double melee range, you were guaranteed not to get hit by it.
And even at point blank range it was 2-4 hits. The worst weapon in CoD history; at least the shield is viable on it's own.

No one has ever survived committing suicide by shield in Call of Duty world, but I pity the soul who puts a shotgun in their mouth.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Man TDM in this game is a drag sometimes. Half the games I'm just whipping around getting into gunfights and the other half it's a long boring slog because kids just sit in loving corners and lay on rooftops and like, I get it, that's COD, but I was REALLY hoping the mobility poo poo would distract from corner-camping, K/D-scrimping nimrods. You can't even SEE other peoples stats in this game dude.

The patch last night really turned things around honestly. Bulldog's a HELL of a lot more viable now, but they changed the reqs on it for gold camo and I was one kill away from 50 :negative:

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 11, 2014

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Static Rook posted:

Basically you run, slide

I'm in.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

kevin mung posted:

I haven't bought one of these games since the first Modern Warfare, but holy gently caress how can anyone enjoy this single player? I've gotten 4 missions in and during each one of those missions I die maybe 15 times just because I guess wrong what the game wants me to do. Like nobody thought for a minute about this game before they decided to full steam start slapping levels together.

Went through a wrong door? Out of bounds. Restart, moron.
Shot the wrong guy from a drone? Idiot, why did you do that? Restart, this mission is hosed.
Die a few times trying to cross a busy street, see a crosswalk maybe 10 meters to the right and try to go over there? God holy gently caress you are dumb, there is an invisible wall here. Stop this.
Ran too fast into a room after one of your guys tells you to? Get flashbanged, see 5 guys teleport into room you are in, die. Cool, peace.

I feel real dumb for buying this, like I was hoping like ok if this is consistently the most sold video game of all time probably it has to be sorta good? No, oh my god, n ope. What a loving buggy mess of a game that is cobbled together through not even solidified farts. I've never returned a game to gamestop either, can I like get mostly full price for it if I do it today?

Nobody really plays them single player - they're basically like those arcade gun shooters with you pressing forward at the same time.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
[quote=]"Rei_" post="K/D-scrimping nimrods.
[/quote]

Heh, I like that.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Can anyone outline the upsides to prestiging in this game? I did it a bunch in MW1-3 and the BLOPS just because it was the thing to do and I had more time but as an old man with responsibilities I don't really cherish the idea of having to re-unlock a ton of stuff I like to use repeatedly. Are the only benefits the extra class slot and a dumb new icon? Do any new challenges open up like they had in the old games? Any new cards/emblems open up besides the horrible ones that just have that particular prestige symbol?

As I near 50 I'm considering just staying un-prestiged so I can bang out challenges to get stuff rather than dealing with having to re-unlock over and over and am just curious if there's some other reason I should be prestiging.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Fibby Boy posted:

If you don't have any problem being up in people's business 24/7 the I suggest the MP11.
I really like the MP11 as well, slap a silencer and a laser sight on it and you've got the makings of a gun that can tear up anything within 10-20 yards without aiming (don't bother trying to hit anyone at longer ranges, just switch to another weapon or gtfo of LOS and then ambush them.) I like to run it with lightweight, Cold-Blooded+Blind Eye, Blast Suppressor, exo Overcloak or Mute, and 1 frag. I don't take a secondary, I just swipe the first assault rifle I stumble across. Might swap out the grenade or a killstreak for a riot shield, though.. ;)

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

:siren: CLAN WARS THIS SATURDAY :siren:

BOYS clan war roster is set. I suggest Pillow Talk does the same so that you can exclude the members that do not own this game while keeping them in the clan roster.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

coyo7e posted:

I really like the MP11 as well, slap a silencer and a laser sight on it and you've got the makings of a gun that can tear up anything within 10-20 yards without aiming (don't bother trying to hit anyone at longer ranges, just switch to another weapon or gtfo of LOS and then ambush them.) I like to run it with lightweight, Cold-Blooded+Blind Eye, Blast Suppressor, exo Overcloak or Mute, and 1 frag. I don't take a secondary, I just swipe the first assault rifle I stumble across. Might swap out the grenade or a killstreak for a riot shield, though.. ;)

Always swap out grenades. Unless you are playing on an objective gamemode, explosives in this game kinda suck and are barely powerful.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Christoff posted:

What are you guys running for the KP5? I saw QuickDraw, RDS, and grip a couple pages back

What if I want to run and gun? Was trying low profile, lightweight, overclock exo, laser,fast hands (for reloading while sprinting) RDS...?? Should I even bother with any other SMG?

My run and gun KP5 is stock, grip, and that thing that increases the range with primary gunfighter (obviously) and scavenger, no secondary. If you're running and gunning with an SMG you shouldn't be putting a sight on it because you should be hipfiring anyway with Gung Ho

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Knifegrab posted:

Always swap out grenades. Unless you are playing on an objective gamemode, explosives in this game kinda suck and are barely powerful.

I was kind of surprised to find that when playing last night. I was using the grenades to clear a camper around a corner and while they were decent for pinging his location the damage sucked

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Took some advice on a shotty build from this thread, used the TAC and a riot shield with my normal speedy/immune-to-everything perk build, first map was that big place that reminds me of the Citadel from Mass Effect - I think it's called Airborn or something? I usually get destroyed by people camping and sniping down lanes on that map, but immediately climbed to the top of the charts and went well over my normal K/D despite my entire team getting ruined by some guy on the other side who went 30-5 (I was most of those 5 deaths though - he was PISSED when I punched him to death with the shield.)

Does the riot shield block all fire except for your toes and the top of your head? I got killed a couple times by people just spraying and praying at me as I inched toward them. Also, what does "planted" mean? One of the shield unlocks says "get X kills while planted", I'm assuming it just means crouched and motionless or something?

Tons of fun, will definitely be keeping this build around. :D

The SA-12 is utter shite, though.

Knifegrab posted:

Eh, you can still cook them and they're handy for taking out dudes camping in upper story windows or around a corner.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

RE: Grenades, I'm probably in the minority and I mostly play "kill the other team" modes like TDM or KC as opposed to objective-based modes, but I really like to carry either a tracking drone or a smoke grenade. Tracking drones just irritate the hell out of everyone, I pretty much toss it out of a doorway and let it agitate someone rather than chasing it around hoping it does me any good, and smoke is fun for maps where you know people are going to camp in windows and rooms. Nobody is using anything thermal so if you hotbox them in a room it gives you time/opportunity to get them out of their camp site.

coyo7e posted:

Also, what does "planted" mean? One of the shield unlocks says "get X kills while planted", I'm assuming it just means crouched and motionless or something?

I haven't tried the shield in this one yet but in previous CODs you could plant the shield into the ground, like stick it in the ground and use it as a piece of cover. I'm guessing it's the same thing in AW.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Spoon Man posted:

:siren: CLAN WARS THIS SATURDAY :siren:

BOYS clan war roster is set. I suggest Pillow Talk does the same so that you can exclude the members that do not own this game while keeping them in the clan roster.

awwww yeah its time to get the nodes

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
:siren: Weapon variation camos COMBINE with challenge camos. :siren:

Here's 20 different Bal-27 appearances, using four variations and five skins.

Feel free to add this to the OP (you should, actually).

[e] This makes me wonder what kind of nonsense we'll be able to do with DLC camos.

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 11, 2014

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

No one has ever survived committing suicide by shield in Call of Duty world, but I pity the soul who puts a shotgun in their mouth.

The AA-12 in MW3 wouldn't have the range to reach your brain even if you tried. :colbert:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Mister Macys posted:

The AA-12 in MW3 wouldn't have the range to reach your brain even if you tried. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlanJEdONhQ

:shrug:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
360 goons, would any of you like to play survival today? Wanna get those zombie cosmetics.

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.
Hey let's goon it up on the PS4 RIGHT NOW I'm either getting poo poo on or getting stuck with horrible pubbies or both, hit me up DJLunchboxx.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Need to get off my rear end and go grocery shopping. I'll be on in a few hours.

2-4 hits to kill even stationary targets; I can do that with an actual gun with more than spitting distance. I rest my case.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Nov 11, 2014

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Mister Macys posted:

2-4 hits to kill even stationary targets; I rest my case.

The Galil takes more than that.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Mister Macys posted:

Need to get off my rear end and go grocery shopping. I'll be on in a few hours.

2-4 hits to kill even stationary targets; I rest my case.

Lol what do you expect from a fully auto shotgun in COD. If it was 1-2 it would actually be better than anything at close range

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Oh christ on a crutch, the dew & dorito gear is so loving convoluted. All I wanted was the green dew exo suit skeleton, but I misread the reqs and you have to buy a cube of soda or doritos from a specific loving store.. Now I have two months worth of soda because I never drink mt dew.. And I hate doritos. :saddowns:

One of the other pieces (forget which one) requires you to register at the 7-11 website and then get a barcode and then go to a 7-11 and have a clerk scan the barcode THEN it emails you a code. Good lord.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dum Cumpster posted:

Lol what do you expect from a fully auto shotgun in COD. If it was 1-2 it would actually be better than anything at close range

If you're going to balance a full auto shotgun, increase the loving spread, don't decrease the range. Jesus gently caress people; it's just that simple.

And the Galil is 3 hits at close, and 4 at range to kill, by the way. Voice of experience here.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Also increase the recoil. Nobody should be able to dump 10 rounds of shotty ammo and not even lose a bead on their target. It should be wildly swinging - possibly even pushing you backward after a few shots. I mean I had a friend when I was in high school who pulled both barrels on a double-barrel 12 gauge on a fence post (we'd been pheasant hunting and he was afraid to shoot it, so we started razzing him until he got pissed and pulled both barrels), and it flat knocked him on his rear end and his shoulder was bruised to poo poo. But he hosed that fence post up something fierce.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Mister Macys posted:

Voice of experience here.

Starting to question this. It's like you haven't played call of duty before. "Why don't they do a thing they never do????"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dum Cumpster posted:

Starting to question this. It's like you haven't played call of duty before. "Why don't they do a thing they never do????"

"Our Vision™", obviously.

Some things just become tradition after a while, and you forget to re-examine them.

• Locked thread