Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nintendolife is pretty much the only site that consistently lists and reviews eShop games, and they generally have prices/release dates listed on the profile page for each game if you do a search.

Lone Survivor DC is £7.99 / €9.99 / $9.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

TheRam posted:

Anyone know how to see the price of games you already own on the eShop?

Alternatively, can anyone tell me how much Lone Survivor costs on the eShop? I'm doing a write-up, and I somehow can't find US/UK/EU prices (I don't know why but I haven't found an easy, consistent way to find eShop prices). It's awkward since it's a huge sticking point for a game I think a lot of people will have trouble engaging with.

I just went to Nintendo's eshop site for it. It shows $12.99. EDIT: is mine different??

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'll ask again. Anyone know a place for a list on good co-op local 3ds games on the eshop? Virtual Console included?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Junkie Disease posted:

I'll ask again. Anyone know a place for a list on good co-op local 3ds games on the eshop? Virtual Console included?

I dunno about a full list, but I can tell you that you can play NES/Game Gear VC games locally via download play, so you only need one copy to play multiplayer. There are lots of brawlers - a few Double Dragon games, River City Ransom, etc - plus Super C, Life Force, uh, Balloon Fight? and lots of other head-to-head games like Mean Bean Machine and Super Dodge Ball, etc. 3D Streets of Rage has local co-op but you need two copies of the game.

As for eShop games proper, Kokuga is a top-down tank game with four-player multiplayer via download play. Steel Diver Sub Wars has team-based multiplayer and the free version has a decent chunk of content.

If you're after retail games, both Resident have local multi-cart multiplayer as well as online play. Luigi's Mansion has four-player download play and the download versions can even play online.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
This has ads but you blocked it.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Nov 11, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
US dudes, Best Buy will be doing 15% off eShop cards ($10/20/30/50) from November 27-29.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

The T posted:

I just went to Nintendo's eshop site for it. It shows $12.99. EDIT: is mine different??

Thanks, UK equivalent seems to be: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii-U-download-software/Lone-Survivor-The-Director-s-Cut-925086.html

Weird.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

From what I can tell Streets of Rage is co-op (download play?) as well as Double Dragon 2 (DD 1 is single player) hoping DD 3 comes. For Some reason Super C isnt multi.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

SmileBASIC (aka Petit Computer 3DS) will be released in Japan next week (November 19) for 1000yen:

http://smileboom.com/special/ptcm3/

They've confirmed an international release for "spring 2015", too. The EN site is here: smilebasic.com/en/

I hope the European version doesn't take, what was it last time, a full year? I just checked and yes it was.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Oh, Ubisoft. They advertised Tetris Ultimate as being $10 cheaper on the eShop than retail, then charge retail anyway. Price currently sitting at $30, when they'd blogged otherwise.

e: Fixed! Now $20 on the US eShop

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Nov 12, 2014

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

BiggerJ posted:

I hope the European version doesn't take, what was it last time, a full year? I just checked and yes it was.
I think they're handling the international release themselves this time, rather than farming it out to Gamebridge.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What's special about this Tetris Ultimate anyway? It's not like the 3DS doesn't have a Tetris title already, plus the DS ones.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I haven't tried Tetris Ultimate, but I'm not fond of Tetris Axis.

Axis was a downgrade from Tetris DS. The menu interface was a mess. The best online options aren't default so nobody plays it. And the hard drop was way too sensitive at least on my 2DS d-pad.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

We now have details on the eShop's predownload system:

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/YXIh5ldOpNjK_4ROED9rAGIfPpZNLHvA

quote:

To help fans start playing as soon as possible, we’re offering new buying options that let you pre-load most of the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U game before it launches.

Here’s how it works: If you pre-order on Nintendo.com, we’ll send your download code within 72 hours of the game’s launch. You can then redeem online or manually to pre-load the game. That means you’ll be able to play after a small game update when it’s officially released.

You may also pre-purchase directly from Nintendo eShop on your Wii U console and pre-load the game from there, OR purchase a download code from select retailers and pre-load to your Wii U console.

So if you pre-order on the website, advance download codes get sent out about a week from now. It's not clear when the direct eShop method goes live.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope that's retroactive because I preordered on their website a week ago.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I really hope they reveal the file size soon.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I really hope they reveal the file size soon.

It says on the eShop that it's 17.2GB

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Honestly that's smaller than I thought.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Help Im Alive posted:

It says on the eShop that it's 17.2GB

Whelp! Is that an usual size for downloadable full games? I don't think my 32GB has sufficient space left for that.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

That's pretty normal for AAA retail games on Wii U. Nintendo's in-house titles often manage to be smaller, but they're the exception.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

adhuin posted:

Whelp! Is that an usual size for downloadable full games? I don't think my 32GB has sufficient space left for that.

Considering a lot of current gen PS4/Xbone games are clocking in at 40-50 GB, 17 isn't that bad any more.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Supercar Gautier posted:

That's pretty normal for AAA retail games on Wii U. Nintendo's in-house titles often manage to be smaller, but they're the exception.

As someone pointed out when I brought it up earlier, this game has an insane amount of music.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Sakurazuka posted:

Considering a lot of current gen PS4/Xbone games are clocking in at 40-50 GB, 17 isn't that bad any more.

17 gigs is now becoming an acceptable size for a patch.

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
I filled my 32GB with just a couple games. If someone has to make the choice between the 8GB or 32GB Wii U, it shouldn't make a difference if you intend to download anything - you'll need external storage.

I do appreciate having everything in jukebox format, despite not being able to re-sell. It's just embarrassing how slow eshop downloads are.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Supercar Gautier posted:

So if you pre-order on the website, advance download codes get sent out about a week from now. It's not clear when the direct eShop method goes live.

The direct eShop method is live now so you can start downloading it.

The NA version of the game is 15.4 GB.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

SeANMcBAY posted:

The direct eShop method is live now so you can start downloading it.

The NA version of the game is 15.4 GB.

So its smaller than the other versions? Or was the 17 GB thing misinformation?

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Could be this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Might be a 15.4 download that unpacks to 17gb. Or the launch day patch/unlocker is 1.6gb.

EDIT: Or what that guy above me said, which makes more sense.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
To have enough space I'd have to delete Sonic Lost World! What will I do?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

My mistake, it actually says 15.6 GB but it's downloading only 12 for me so I'm not sure what's up with all the different sizes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I checked the UK eShop a couple minutes before posting the 17GB thing, maybe it's because of language options or something

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I checked the UK eShop a couple minutes before posting the 17GB thing, maybe it's because of language options or something

Also, the information says right there that you don't get the whole thing in the pre-load:

Nintendo posted:

To help fans start playing as soon as possible, we’re offering new buying options that let you pre-load most of the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U game before it launches.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Wouldn't be surprised if that's to prevent breaking the street date by hacking the console. Leave enough of a chunk missing that the game won't run, but you can still get most of it out of the way.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously, just buy any ratty old USB-drive and up your memory to 500GB so you never have to look back.

And it's obviously only 17 gig because they skimped out on the awesome prerendered cutscenes from Brawl. I won't miss Subspace Emissary as such but the cutscenes were fantastic.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Mario Kart DLC just went live, but you'll have to download an update before it'll install. The update is about 250MB.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

The Mario Kart DLC just went live, but you'll have to download an update before it'll install. The update is about 250MB.

And the DLC itself is around 689 MB if the download manager is to be believed.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of November 13):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (November 14) - €49.99 / £44.99
    Mario Kart 8 (update)
WII U eSHOP
    Tengami - €7.99 / £6.99
    Paper Monsters Recut - €6.49 / £5.49
    Meine Ersten Mitsing-Lieder, Ringzero Games - €9.99
    Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure (demo)
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Mario Kart DLC Pack 1 - £7.00 / €7.99 or £11.00 / €11.99 for the complete two-pack bundle
  • 3 extra characters: Link, Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach
  • 4 new vehicles: Blue Falcon, Master Cycle, Tanooki Kart, B-Dasher
  • 5 new tracks: Hyrule Circuit, Mute City, Excitebike Arena, Ice Ice Circuit, Dragon Driftway
  • 3 retro tracks: Wario's Gold Mine, Luigi Circuit, Rainbow Road SNES
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Castlevania: Dracula X (SNES, US ver.) - €7.99 / £5.49
    Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Shovel Knight on 3DS, get the Wii U version for 33% off! - runs until January 1
    99seconds (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.37 for owners of Abyss until November 20
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 for owners of 99seconds until November 20

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (November 14) - €39.99 / £39.99
    Top Model 3D - €29.99 / £24.99
[/list]
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Picross e5 - €5.00 / £4.50
    Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2 - €4.99 / £4.49
    AiRace Speed - €3.49 / £3.10 (permanent price reduction)
    AiRace Xeno (demo)
3DS MENU THEMES
    Polka Dots (Yellow and Blue) - €0.99 / £0.89
    Dots and Stripes (Pink and Greene) - €0.99 / £0.89
    Stars (Purple and Yellow) - €0.99 / £0.89
    Gingham (Aqua Blue) - €0.99 / £0.89
    Stars and Stripes (Pink and White Diagonal) - €0.99 / £0.89
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Bionic Commando: Elite Forces (Game Boy Color) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Own Shovel Knight on Wii U, get the 3DS version for 33% off! - runs until January 1
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until November 20
    AiRace Xeno (3DS eShop) - €1.69 / £1.59 until December 11

NA update (week of November 6):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Sonic Boom - $49.99
    Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - $49.99
    Mario Kart 8 (update)
WII U eSHOP
    Tengami - $9.99
    A World of Keflings - $9.99
    Xavier - $4.99
    Flowerworks HD: Follie's Adventure - $2.00 (permanent price reduction)
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Mario Kart DLC Pack 1 - $7.99 or $11.99 for the complete two-pack bundle
  • 3 extra characters: Link, Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach
  • 4 new vehicles: Blue Falcon, Master Cycle, Tanooki Kart, B-Dasher
  • 5 new tracks: Hyrule Circuit, Mute City, Excitebike Arena, Ice Ice Circuit, Dragon Driftway
  • 3 retro tracks: Wario's Gold Mine, Luigi Circuit, Rainbow Road SNES
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    BIT.TRIP Presents…Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 from November 14-24
    Chubbins (Wii U eShop) - $2.99 until November 20
    Blok Drop U (Wii U eShop) - $0.99 until November 27
    Abyss (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until December 4

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Sonic Boom - $39.99
    Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - $29.99
    Tetris Ultimate - $19.99
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze - $?
    Hello Kitty and Sanrio Friends 3D Racing - $29.99
    Winx Club: Saving Alfea - $29.99
3DS eSHOP
    Picross e5 - $5.99
    Scarygirl Illustration Kit - $5.99
    I've Got To Run! Complete Edition - $4.99
    Castle Conqueror Defender - $4.99
3DS MENU THEMES
    nintendogs+cats Theme - free for digital owners of nintendogs+cats, available until December 31 2015
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Pokemon Trading Card Game (Game Boy Color) - $5.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - available until November 28
    Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest (3DS) - $19.99 until November 17
    European Conqueror 3D (3DS) - $2.79 until November 27
    Darts Up 3D (3DS) - $0.99 until December 4
    Soccer Up 3D (3DS) - $1.99 until December 4
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    3D Classics Kid Icarus (3DS eShop) - 200 Coins, available until November 16
    Brain Age Express: Math (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until November 16
    Donkey Kong '94 (3DS VC) - 150 Coins, available until November 16
    Kersploosh! (3DS eShop) - 150 Coins, available until November 16
    Kirby's Dream Course (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until November 16
    Maboshi's Arcade (WiiWare) - 250 Coins, available until November 16
    Wrecking Crew (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until November 16
    Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (Wii VC) - WO0 Coins, available until November 16

Sega declined to send out review copies for Sonic Boom but never fear, Sonic fans! I have all the info you need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXMIYm3KJnU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJNgZymZX_M

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Is that World of Keflings game new or the same thing that was on Xbox 360?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's a port that includes all the DLC and some other touch-ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sega declined to send out review copies for Sonic Boom but never fear, Sonic fans! I have all the info you need:

This video gives you a much better idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPwXKHqdXDw