Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Also got in on this. Missed it last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Night Danger Moose posted:

Also got in on this. Missed it last year.

Same here. Ordered mine as well.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

And here we are. Wife's holiday season gifts taken care of.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
What sort of stuff do they send?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Toast Museum posted:

What sort of stuff do they send?

Last year it started out with little pieces of coal, but then you got exclusive cards for the game, there was a mini-game from another company I believe, a little newspaper-style comics section, and a game card with just your name on it which I assume is why they asked on that page if you got the christmas package last year so they don't send the same thing.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

:)

Time to get wet and cold again.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Neat. Going to give it a try.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Thanks for this!

wigbot v2.0 posted:

:)

Time to get wet and cold again.

I love a girl with curves...

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just purchased 6lbs of delicious jerky from Big John's Beef Jerky. For the quality of meat, the price is very good. Go to SAMart and grab a sample!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Bought two tickets to the A&M/LSU game on Thanksgiving. The GF didn't really have the A&M experience while in school so I'm making sure she gets it now. We'll be going to bonfire the night before since that is always a good time. It helps that her birthday is on Thanksgiving as well.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They still do the bonfire? I figured after those kids died they'd stop it. Do they have an outside crew build it now or something?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

SaltLick posted:

Bought two tickets to the A&M/LSU game on Thanksgiving. The GF didn't really have the A&M experience while in school so I'm making sure she gets it now. We'll be going to bonfire the night before since that is always a good time. It helps that her birthday is on Thanksgiving as well.

Is she gonna sip out of your grode jar or does she get her own.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bitches love shoes.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Bought a pair of tickets for me and my girlfriend to see Father John Misty and King Tuff in concert in Nashville this March. It's a weird combination of acts but King Tuff was one of the most fun shows I've ever been to and everyone I've heard talk about J. Tillman's last tour said it was amazing so I don't want to miss this one.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

Bape Culture posted:

Bitches love shoes.

Are those Choo's or something else. I've been conditioned to think red sole = Louboutin.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

They still do the bonfire? I figured after those kids died they'd stop it. Do they have an outside crew build it now or something?

It still goes on but isn't officially sanctioned by the university. A ton of safety regulations were put in place afterwards for obvious reasons, such as all logs touch the ground and can't go over 40 feet. They have professional engineers on hand now that go over the plans and make sure it's all structurally sound. It's all student built though

It's not the same as old ones but it's still around which is important I feel.

I give her my grode nightly

squeee
Apr 23, 2009

the thrill of the chase.

LTBS posted:

Are those Choo's or something else. I've been conditioned to think red sole = Louboutin.

They are Louboutin. The Tucsy model specifically.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LTBS posted:

Because that's what it means.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
New Bike repair stand Day :kiddo:

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

beanieson posted:

That's a sick colorway on that Cannondale, super cool. Something about loud colors on bikes makes me fuzzy inside.

I got a Joe Blow floor pump because my lovely electric pump finally died, and these Beckmans because one pair of Red Wings isn't enough. They were a great price so I won't feel bad about wearing them through the snow.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

CaseFace McGee posted:

Beckmans because one pair of Red Wings isn't enough. They were a great price so I won't feel bad about wearing them through the snow.

I'd suggest a pair of overshoes, or else religiously treat the soles with mink oil. The original soles on my Beckmans fell apart after two winters of wearing them in the snow.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Geoj posted:

I'd suggest a pair of overshoes, or else religiously treat the soles with mink oil. The original soles on my Beckmans fell apart after two winters of wearing them in the snow.

I tried overshoes with my Iron Rangers, wasn't a fan at all. I've got mink oil, I guess I'll just have to apply it much more often than I would otherwise. I got them for a hundred bucks, though, so two seasons still wouldn't be awful before re-soling if it really comes to that.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

beanieson posted:

No need to sub-script that; that stand classes up your whole setup.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

CaseFace McGee posted:

I tried overshoes with my Iron Rangers, wasn't a fan at all. I've got mink oil, I guess I'll just have to apply it much more often than I would otherwise. I got them for a hundred bucks, though, so two seasons still wouldn't be awful before re-soling if it really comes to that.

Basically the leather that makes up two-thirds of the sole doesn't handle getting wet and drying out again, eventually it gets stiff and cracks. These really aren't built for wet weather, I ended up buying a pair of regular Red Wing logger boots to wear in the winter.

Resole should be $75 BTW, takes about three weeks from drop off to pick up.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Kobo Aura HD, for me!

Really sweet Gecko cover, for the Kobo.

To bad the software from Kobo sucks so much that I have to go with calibre which is not up to date on the firmware yet. Why do vendors try to lock all their stuff down so badly? (I know the answer, still dont like it)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Needed a new warm coat for winter because gently caress the cold. Hooray for army surplus stores! £25 gets me a barely used bed quilt shaped into coat form.

quote:

The heavy duty olive-green parka has only one purpose, and that is to be used under temperatures of 6-7C. Above that and you will be too hot probably. It's pretty much a walking sleeping bag.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

Scarf posted:

I love a girl with curves...

Me too, which is why I've just purchased this to keep her on my leg

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

Pick posted:

Because that's what it means.

I probably should have explained. I looked the picture up on google reverse image and most of the results were for Jimmy Choo's.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Picked up a deal for 3 months of audible for $6 (3 books) so I could get The Great Courses titles, which are massive and pricey.

48 45min lectures. The professor is surprisingly funny which is nice.

Next two months will be the courses in ancient Rome and Egypt. Good poo poo for history geeks, and people needing something for the gym or long work commutes.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Picked up a deal for 3 months of audible for $6 (3 books) so I could get The Great Courses titles, which are massive and pricey.

Next two months will be the courses in ancient Rome and Egypt. Good poo poo for history geeks, and people needing something for the gym or long work commutes.

Link to coupon stuff if possible? That's a fantastic deal. I'm almost done with a sixty hour audiobook on the Third Reich and that sounds like a great thing to add to my collection. I check out audiobooks from Overdrive but it would be nice to have my own copy of some, and not have to wait in line for the good stuff.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

CaseFace McGee posted:

Link to coupon stuff if possible? That's a fantastic deal. I'm almost done with a sixty hour audiobook on the Third Reich and that sounds like a great thing to add to my collection. I check out audiobooks from Overdrive but it would be nice to have my own copy of some, and not have to wait in line for the good stuff.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7338342-audible-three-month-membership-1-95-month-6

People who already have an Audible account can still do the deal.

Also you can get a NY Times and Wall Street Journal audio sub free with it as well.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

LTBS posted:

I probably should have explained. I looked the picture up on google reverse image and most of the results were for Jimmy Choo's.
I ran both photos through Google reverse image search and there wasn't a single result mentioning Jimmy Choo.

Louboutin has trademarked the red sole.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

ChocNitty posted:

Also you can get a NY Times and Wall Street Journal audio sub free with it as well.

Excellent, thanks!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yeah they're loubis. She loves them. Grabbed these today too.

Happy birthday.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

ChocNitty posted:

Looks like they fixed it so it doesn't work for existing members anymore, I tried :(

I've had audible for almost 3 years now and it is amazing. I listen to books when I'm commuting to/from work and have cleared over 30 books so far.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

The coupon worked for me, and I already had an account... But I cancelled my subscription a while ago. Maybe it won't work for an account that is still active?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

Yeah they're loubis. She loves them. Grabbed these today too.

Happy birthday.

Can... can I be your gf?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Pants pants pants:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

No regrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

ChocNitty posted:

If you're doing the History of Ancient Egypt done by Professor Brier, get ready to enjoy. He's an immensely awesome lecturer and literally THE expert in Egyptian-style mummification.