Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I just got crushed in super card a bunch of times in a row now that I'm in epic. I guess this is why the sandbagging happens. I might be done, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Did anyone else thing the 2K15 Showcase mode is just boring? The Triple H/HBK was more interesting but I think thats down to it being nostalgic to me.
Also, gently caress Bo Dallas in that ladder match in NXT mode.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Just got to the bracket in an Epic KOTR without any sandbagging, and I may default my way to the finals just because the eastern seaboard of the U.S. is asleep. Good times!

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
In my last three KOTRs, I went from having no legendary pairs to having three. Time to grind for cards...

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Got a Pro Legendary Undertaker, and gonna get a Pro Legendary Rey Mysterio. Today was a good day.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

PCC Hogan is rated higher than the Diamond Brock. His speed is, appropriately enough, abysmal.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I played way too much Supercard on the weekend and actually pulled a few UR cards and an Epic Edge, which was pretty cool. Now I've got my UR Macho Man pair as a reward in the PCC and have a KOTR ending in a few hours that will hopefully land me another UR pair. drat I have a lot of grinding to do to level up all these cards. I just hope I end up with a strong enough team to start getting into Epic KOTR finals instead of placing 8th and immediately losing 2-0 in the first elimination round.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Hey it's Sheamus

:effort:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61tKmeMv6EI

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I first thought the cross on his t-shirt was a sweat stain.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Why are things missing textures??

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fifth Epic finals netted me a Jericho pair, giving me a (once I get around to levelling them) team of Macho Man, Rock, Jericho, Big Show, and Brie. Pretty happy I didn't get a second diva in any of those. Hopefully I can get a better fourth than Big Show while I level the others (Rock and Brie are pro'd but not levelled at all) but he's not terrible.

Legendary KotR here I come

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Getting those two Pro Legendaries yesterday has made my time in KOTRs significantly easier. They will make it easier to get more Legendary pairs, which will make it easier to get more Legendary pairs, and the cycle of rear end-kickery will perpetuate.

smashpro1 fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 10, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Has WWE ever mentioned Supercard anywhere?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

triplexpac posted:

For a week or two they pushed it hard on Raw.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Looks like if you can wait until Black Friday, Target is offering a $15 Gift Card with WWE 2K15 from 11/27 to 11/29

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

triplexpac posted:

When it was getting huge downloads a week or two after launch it replaced the "Smackdown is the most viewed show on a Friday" stat they like throwing about.

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you
Just logged in to get my free UR card from a failed KotR attempt. Happy to get a 2nd UR Nikki Bella so I can get a Pro...except.

drat You Peoples Champion!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Astro7x posted:

Looks like if you can wait until Black Friday, Target is offering a $15 Gift Card with WWE 2K15 from 11/27 to 11/29

And Best Buy will have the PS3/360 version for $30.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Please tell that's not a next gen render. That looks like poo poo.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

For the second time in a row, my UR set from KotR was Miz.

I don't want Miz on my squad, game. Come on.

papercuts
May 22, 2014
And the hits just keep on coming :(

quote:

For WWE 2K15, we were unable to support new versions of Create-an-Arena, Custom Divas, Create-a-Championship and Story Designer. This decision was extremely difficult, but a necessary one, in order to deliver a more focused and polished game. The primary reason we did not announce these changes earlier is due to the team working until the last minute to retain as many features as possible.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/1111/584812/wwe-2k15-creation-suite-details-and-screenshots/

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hahah what no CAW divas? There goes any hope of a CAW Paige I guess.

I'll give this series a few years to put back in all the customisation features before I get it, I guess.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Ugh. No arenas and no custom championships really takes the wind out of my sails for this one.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
... you know, if it wasn't for the MyCareer mode I'd probably move to cancel my pre-order right now, honestly.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sky Shadowing posted:

... you know, if it wasn't for the MyCareer mode I'd probably move to cancel my pre-order right now, honestly.

It seems like this is what they're banking on carrying the game. And honestly, from early reviews it might pay off for them.

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
Wait a minute, you can't create female wrestlers in the game? That seems like some Ubisoft poo poo right there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Authentic WWE experience right there.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010

2K posted:

For WWE 2K15, we were unable to support new versions of Create-an-Arena, Custom Divas, Create-a-Championship and Story Designer. This decision was extremely difficult, but a necessary one, in order to deliver a more focused and polished game. The primary reason we did not announce these changes earlier is due to the team working until the last minute to retain as many features as possible.

Riiight.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
But you can edit everyone on the roster. Which hasn't been in a game since the awful Legends of Wrestling games.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Seems kinda dishonest that the game's already gold and they're doing the "oh by the way..."

So can we dispense with the bullshit of "well maybe next year they'll get it right"?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

NO DIVA CAW???

That's amazing and indefensible.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
This is pretty much what happens almost every time an annual sports franchise moves up to the new generation of consoles. I remember Smackdown vs Raw 2007 ditching a lot of modes, having a very small roster, and being pretty horrible as far as the match mechanics worked. They slowly added things back and improved it again year by year. The new NHL game is apparently missing a ton of poo poo and EA tried to pull a "Oh, we didn't know you guys wanted all this content we cut out."

Pretty disingenuous to do it at the last minute and act all "Gee golly guys, we really meant to do this and tell you but we were just working so hard on this game that went gold weeks ago" about it though.

papercuts
May 22, 2014
Divas being excluded from CAW makes me even more irritated that Paige is attached to the $24.99 showcase pass. And if you want Emma, that's another $6.99 :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's cool and good that Yukes have done the same poo poo for 7 years now and people still find an excuse to say "next year they'll make something good and worth $60"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

It's cool and good that Yukes have done the same poo poo for 7 years now and people still find an excuse to say "next year they'll make something good and worth $60"

So what you're saying is WWE 2k15 is an accurate simulator of the WWE.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Has anyone spent any money on Supercard?

I play it a ton and wouldn't mind sending the devs some money, but drat their price points are unappealing. It would be like $10 just to MAYBE get an Epic card, but most likely get an Ultra Rare that I absolutely don't need. No thanks!

And forget about paying $25 for an Epic, cause I know I won't get the Legendary.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 11, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

MisterGBH posted:

But you can edit everyone on the roster. Which hasn't been in a game since the awful Legends of Wrestling games.

Each edit takes up a CAW slot, iirc

triplexpac posted:

Has anyone spent any money on this game?

I play it a ton and wouldn't mind sending the devs some money, but drat their price points are unappealing. It would be like $10 just to MAYBE get an Epic card, but most likely get an Ultra Rare that I absolutely don't need. No thanks!

And forget about paying $25 for an Epic, cause I know I won't get the Legendary.

I threw the minimum £2 at it for a last minute energy refill in a KOTR semifinal and used up the rest on the 10 credit PCC boosts. Otherwise not worth it.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Nov 11, 2014

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

I threw the minimum £2 at it for a last minute energy refill in a KOTR semifinal and used up the rest on the 10 credit PCC boosts. Otherwise not worth it.

If they offered a "99 cents to fully level a card instantly!" option, I'd seriously think about it. It would tempt the part of my brain that thinks "oh that's not much money and it saves you hours of grinding!"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

triplexpac posted:

If they offered a "99 cents to fully level a card instantly!" option, I'd seriously think about it. It would tempt the part of my brain that thinks "oh that's not much money and it saves you hours of grinding!"

I would absolutely pay the three bux to fully level a pair I just won from a KotR and not feel an ounce of shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if it weren't for the 2 count glitch 2k13 would have been probably the best wrestling game