Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

winvirus posted:

Yes, ever since the facebook incident a year or two ago involving your friend? I'm not questioning it, because i understand your position on it and expected the consequences to be like this but I mean you don't have to put on a facade of "winvirus is just swell" when you almost certainly believe otherwise, like I said. I have plenty of people who don't like me. :v:

===> Not Game Talk ===> Wasn't that closer to three years ago? That's a long time ago, I'm over it. If anything I overreacted and I apologize for that. I was mostly angry at you by association. It's fun to play games with you. <=== Not Game Talk <===

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh cool totp

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

Right, so you've clearly placed AP as more important than me in the sense that you lied to me so you could tell them the truth.
I kept your confidences, too. Which is pretty clearly more than you can say for me. Way more.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Somberbrero posted:

===> Not Game Talk ===> Wasn't that closer to three years ago? That's a long time ago, I'm over it. If anything I overreacted and I apologize for that. I was mostly angry at you by association. It's fun to play games with you. <=== Not Game Talk <===

well okay :unsmith: it is fun playing games with you too

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

Okay Thanos, I, winvirus, am officially "Sorry" for messing with you, Thanos, in ways that I found humorous :twisted:

You're "messing with me" in the thread. So really, you're messing with everyone. Are you also just "messing with me" when you say you've only got five words? Are you also just "messing with me" when you say you're totally not in what is pretty obviously an alliance with merk and PoP?

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

...Well, this thread blew up.

Let's see what I can get out of the way. Yes, I'm disappointed in Somber and Thanos giving away my word instead of their own. Yes, I'm doubly disappointed Somber decided to post a picture of the Incorrect Words doc with my word plastered all over it. Yes, my word is NEPTUNE.

Yes, I spoke with Thanos, Somber, and Rarity yesterDay. Yes, to a certain extent I was allied with them, which is what pains me so much that they crossed me like this. And yes, even despite that, I still want to mend fences and remain allied with them. But alliances in games like these are shifting sands, and I was just as cautious with them as they were with me. I don't make friends; people don't care about me enough to do that. Somber even flat-out admitted he chose me because he felt sorry for me. So... there you go. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I want to know who put your word all over the document is the thing.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

AP, I will be your friend, even if we aren't technically allied :unsmith:

And yeah that is really strange and kind of creepy that someone would paste a word all over like that

Also Thanos wow man chill the heck out I just went on about the MMM comm thing because I wanted mess with your head by using his words but claiming I didn't talk to him and it looks like it got you good and it was p funny to me so. Mission accomplished. #sorrynotsorry

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ActingPower posted:

...Well, this thread blew up.

Let's see what I can get out of the way. Yes, I'm disappointed in Somber and Thanos giving away my word instead of their own. Yes, I'm doubly disappointed Somber decided to post a picture of the Incorrect Words doc with my word plastered all over it. Yes, my word is NEPTUNE.

Yes, I spoke with Thanos, Somber, and Rarity yesterDay. Yes, to a certain extent I was allied with them, which is what pains me so much that they crossed me like this. And yes, even despite that, I still want to mend fences and remain allied with them. But alliances in games like these are shifting sands, and I was just as cautious with them as they were with me. I don't make friends; people don't care about me enough to do that. Somber even flat-out admitted he chose me because he felt sorry for me. So... there you go. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

I apologize for posting that in-thread but it was forever preserved in the change logs. Since I noticed it, I was sure someone else would. Thanks for answering the question, I didn't want to look like I was spinning it.

I wasn't the weirdo who did that, but if you want I'll reveal my word right now in-thread.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

AP, I will be your friend, even if we aren't technically allied :unsmith:

And yeah that is really strange and kind of creepy that someone would paste a word all over like that

Also Thanos wow man chill the heck out I just went on about the MMM comm thing because I wanted mess with your head by using his words but claiming I didn't talk to him and it looks like it got you good and it was p funny to me so. Mission accomplished. #sorrynotsorry
I am chill, man. I'm just asking questions. Like "did you stop beating your wife?" Or "does your mother exchange sexual services for pocket change?"

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somber you dirty liar.

##vote Somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Somber you dirty liar.

##vote Somber

Big talk coming from you!

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Somber you dirty liar.

##vote Somber

You should uh talk about this a little more

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Here's your choice, thread: You can have me in the game, a guy that will be happy to negotiate and make trades with you if you connect with me; a guy who won't backstab you because he's playing a completely clean game; and a guy that you know isn't a rude dude.

or

You can have this guy in thread:

Thanatosian posted:

You're wrong, and you should seriously consider the implications of backstabbing someone you've given your word and position to, who has nothing to lose.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Here's your choice, thread: You can have me in the game, a guy that will be happy to negotiate and make trades with you if you connect with me; a guy who won't backstab you because he's playing a completely clean game; and a guy that you know isn't a rude dude.

or

You can have this guy in thread:

To be clear, I've made the implications of backstabbing me in this game eminently clear to both of the people I've traded words with, when we traded, and made clear that I expected the same from them.

And can I point out that Winvirus now has at least six words, too? And merk has five without having given up his word?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If people would like to know my word or fairly deal in words, please connect with me. I won't give you a fake word or lie about what word I'm giving you.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Thanatosian posted:

To be clear, I've made the implications of backstabbing me in this game eminently clear to both of the people I've traded words with, when we traded, and made clear that I expected the same from them.

And can I point out that Winvirus now has at least six words, too? And merk has five without having given up his word?

Still 5. AP and I traded earlier. Good try though!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

If people would like to know my word or fairly deal in words, please connect with me. I won't give you a fake word or lie about what word I'm giving you.

At worst, I will tell you that I cannot give up a certain word because I was given that word in confidence. For example, I will not reveal winvirus' word in any trade.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I will also Fair Trade anyone who connects to me

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
I am trading my word for one word from the people that I connect with.

Would this be a bad time to mention how many words I know?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Hi, strong mouse!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Haha, I just found out Acting used my word in place of his for trades.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Why didn't I think to use other people's words?

Then I could have kept The beauty that is mine completely secret!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Off work in 2 hours, I'll post more at that time.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

I thought about doing this when the game started but decided that it'd look shady when eventually revealed. Hey, look, it looks shady now that it's revealed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Guys, am I the most trustworthy player in this game right now? Everyone should be ashamed with themselves.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ActingPower posted:

Yes, I spoke with Thanos, Somber, and Rarity yesterDay. Yes, to a certain extent I was allied with them, which is what pains me so much that they crossed me like this.

I had nothing at all to do with this, by the way. I didn't know your word until right now.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Gosh who would do such a thing!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##vote winvirus

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I'm going to ##vote winvirus, since I haven't talked to him OoT and I'm scared of how good he is at games.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Two hours to deadline. My word is RHOMBUS, it can be verified by everyone who currently has it.

Now, wouldn't you rather lynch someone whose word you don't know?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

winvirus posted:

Now, wouldn't you rather lynch someone whose word you don't know?

No

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Ok

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I can verify that winvirus' word is RHOMBUS.

I think removing him from the game is a mistake. He has been very honest in discussions and willing to negotiate. As far as I can tell in this game so far, he has not lied to me. He was trolling Thanos earlier today in thread when lying about his connection to MMM - I believe that was the issue.

I also want to note that if Thanos is not removed, this is the second day in a row where I've put him out as a candidate and he's survived. He clearly is pulling strings (he started the Byers vote yesterday) with some alliance. If you aren't in his alliance, you need to deal with him before his group gets a majority on the game and you're hosed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Regardless of the outcome of the vote today, I possess my word and a word that I randomly found. If you connect with me tonight, I'd love to make some trades.

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Man, I'd really much rather Thanatosian be gone than winvirus.

Everything from him I have seen has been straight, and Thano is really seeming off.

Also, I don't have Thano's word so...

##vote Thanatosian

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Even though I am irate that Somber would publically call me a liar in the thread while secretly lying to me the entire time after I was straight with him (and also trying to make me feel bad about it privately) I can agree with voting Thantos since he appears to be just as shady.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Even though I am irate that Somber would publically call me a liar in the thread while secretly lying to me the entire time after I was straight with him (and also trying to make me feel bad about it privately) I can agree with voting Thantos since he appears to be just as shady.

You should do so. Very soon. :shobon:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Didn't realize it was a tie ##vote Thanatosian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

How did Somb lie to you, also? I'm curious.

• Locked thread