Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

winvirus posted:

She's just trying to spin it as I'm the bad guy, because in her mind, I am.

This is hilarious btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Somberbrero posted:

This is hilarious btw.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become winvirus...........................

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

Apparently he decided he's not better than all that.

Okay, I misspoke. I did give one person your word, but 1) it wasn't a trade, 2) I gave it to them for free because 3) you promised them you'd give it to them, and you didn't. So that example only further proves that you're the guilty party here.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

ActingPower posted:

Okay, I misspoke. I did give one person your word, but 1) it wasn't a trade, 2) I gave it to them for free because 3) you promised them you'd give it to them, and you didn't. So that example only further proves that you're the guilty party here.

Oooh, I like a good courtroom drama.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also like a bunch of others have said I won't lie to anybody in my deals. Winv can even confirm I give him my information after he gave me NEPTUNE.

Hal you should contact me tonight.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ActingPower posted:

Yeah, that post was in relation to me after I told him I had his word. I immediately corrected Somber in private, I explained the situation and he realised he'd been a numpty. It was a misunderstanding, Somber wasn't trying to spread poo poo about you there.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

MildManeredManikin posted:

Also like a bunch of others have said I won't lie to anybody in my deals. Winv can even confirm I give him my information after he gave me NEPTUNE.

Hal you should contact me tonight.

Can indeed, MMM is An Honest Man

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
MMM, I was going to straight-up give you my word tomorrow. I still will if I live. That's what I meant by "make things right." You're right that you got burned by me, and that was unfair.

That being said, the main reason I didn't give you my word was because you had talked about what a huge threat winvirus was, and then proceeded to repeatedly request he contact you. I was worried about you selling me out to him, and in my defense... well...

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

Rather, why is there all this high-horse nonsense rhetoric going on when the goal for everyone should be to obtain code words?

Power of Pecota makes an excellent point, here.

First one to switch their vote from me to winvirus gets a free word if they contact me tomorrow. Doesn't apply for people not currently voting for me.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I did refuse to give him your word until he gave it to me. That was the point I knew I got screwed over and needed to figure out what happened.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You know, a more effective way of doing that would be bundling your word + position to them.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Reminder, though, that if you choose to save Thanos, this is the type of man you are rescuing:

Thanatosian posted:

I am chill, man. I'm just asking questions. Like "did you stop beating your wife?" Or "does your mother exchange sexual services for pocket change?"

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Winvirus, I do hope you win this game if you survive today, because you'd deserve it. You put in a lot of work getting people to underestimate you. I can appreciate that. I dunno how many games I've watched you win this way, but it never gets any less frustrating.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just to be clear, the word would not be:

GLASGOW
NEPTUNE
SCAPULA
RHOMBUS

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

Reminder, though, that if you choose to save Thanos, this is the type of man you are rescuing:
As opposed to upstanding citizens like winvirus, who may or may not have stopped beating his wife, and whose mother may or may not be exchanging sexual services for small amounts of pocket change. :P

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlt5Wa13fFU

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Seriously though vote somber.

Thana will likely start revealing their word. Somber will always be deceitful.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

You'd have to flip two people from me and one from winvirus to put Somber into the lead at this point. Right now, it's a de facto vote for me.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Hey, I remember this song from one of the AMV Hell videos! :D

...Oh, shoot. That just reminded me. Whoever we vote out today, we don't get their position. Hmm... does that change things?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ActingPower posted:

...Oh, shoot. That just reminded me. Whoever we vote out today, we don't get their position. Hmm... does that change things?

Not really, eventually it will become pretty easy to narrow it down.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pretty much anyone I've talked to besides Hal has my word and I still gave him a word in trade, up front. I'm not sure what you're on about.

Was it you who plastered NEPTUNE all over the document?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I am also interested in finding the Document Bandit, because that is just bizarre and strange and, dare i say, spookey..

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

ActingPower posted:

Hey, I remember this song from one of the AMV Hell videos! :D

You should watch The Genius, it's used amazingly in season 3.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

You should watch The Genius, it's used amazingly in season 3.

Wow I really should just emptyquote everything PoP says

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that document editing was a lovely thing to do.

Offer still stands: first one to switch their vote from me to winvirus gets a free word if they contact me tomorrow. Doesn't apply for people not currently voting for me.

ActingPower
Jun 4, 2013

Sorry, everyone, I'm going to watch TV with my family. By the time I get back, the vote will probably be over.

I would love to do more word trades. Contact me if you want more words! :)

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

confession: i do not know what the word "roughshod" means.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I just finished working and am going home. I probably won't check the thread. You have until I finish walking home to convince me to vote elsewhere.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I just finished working and am going home. I probably won't check the thread. You have until I finish walking home to convince me to vote elsewhere.

Same thing I offered everyone else. Which nets you a word in the aggregate, and given our differing circles, a word you're unlikely to pick up anywhere else.

Something tells me you're going to take a pass on it, though, in favor of your "totally not an alliance" partner.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

Your word doesn't help anyone, Thanos. If you die, you flip and it reveals anyway. If I die, well, my word's *already* been revealed. You need to offer something more if you're seriously trying to secure survival.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

merk posted:

Thana lied to me, but to the best of my knowledge nobody else. He played rough with me in thread but that was between me and him. Somber lied to like two people at least and is also somber.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

winvirus posted:

Your word doesn't help anyone, Thanos. If you die, you flip and it reveals anyway. If I die, well, my word's *already* been revealed. You need to offer something more if you're seriously trying to secure survival.
Again with the misleading. Watch this one, he's slippery.

If you vote me, my word doesn't help anyone, because everyone gets it. If you switch to winvirus, you get my word and nobody else does. Also, you've already got winvirus' word, so you don't lose anything.

Hell, I'll throw in the position, too, just to sweeten the pot.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I would rather thana out than Winvirus but really somber is much more pressing concern.

This is what The Third Way is all about my friends.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I would rather thana out than Winvirus but really somber is much more pressing concern.

This is what The Third Way is all about my friends.

I'm warming up my "I told you so" muscles for when The Cool Kids' Table votes you off the island.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

I would vote somber, but due to survival reasons I would need people voting me to switch first.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Thana lied to me, but to the best of my knowledge nobody else. He played rough with me in thread but that was between me and him. Somber lied to like two people at least and is also somber.

I have no idea what "is also Somber" means.

Thanos shot straight with me and was a good sport. If anyone trusts winvirus enough to let him through to lategame, that's their choice. Personally I feel like that's pretty silly, but I guess you'll see soon enough.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Thanatosian posted:

You'd have to flip two people from me and one from winvirus to put Somber into the lead at this point. Right now, it's a de facto vote for me.

winvirus posted:

I would vote somber, but due to survival reasons I would need people voting me to switch first.

Switch your votes you dilds.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

If Thanos switches his vote, I'll switch mine. We would need one more for a decisive majority, wouldn't we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Switch your votes you dilds.

If I were to switch my vote, it means two people would have to switch their votes off of me. It would be foolhardy.

• Locked thread