Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

So from the charactor bet historia gets killed and then its all tears for the new royal family. And he is so lying that his family was like innocent people.

They probably are "on humanity's side" but it's probably a "necessary evil" type of on humanity's side. A common theme in the manga is otherwise normal people having to do awful things in the name of survival, or for the sake of others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
It just occurred me: if Historia's sister was still alive during the attack on Wall Maria, the strike would probably have been a complete failure, as she could use the titan command thing to just send the titans away or even use then to kill Bert and Reiner.

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

It just occurred me: if Historia's sister was still alive during the attack on Wall Maria, the strike would probably have been a complete failure, as she could use the titan command thing to just send the titans away or even use then to kill Bert and Reiner.

Hmm, maybe that's what they were trying to do remotely in the church somehow, otherwise she might have to do a really obvious sweep of each area and hey why are the Titans running away from that pointing girl let's all pay attention to her. :v:

With the latter two though they both took care of business and disappeared. I'm not sure how useful it would be against a smash and dash.

That reminds me, have we ever actually seen a Titan Shifter revert back to human form in a way that instantly dissipates their Titan body? The Colossal Titan seemed to vanish completely; no one saw a Colossal Titan Rotting Corpse afterward. Or maybe it was obscured by the steam and was somehow overlooked by everybody. Do we know for a fact that they can do that? I can't remember what happened with Ymir or if Eren ever managed to do that.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

Historia's sister/family were in the inner walls and could not have reached the outer walls in time to stop the attack. Then Grisha ate her before she could go and tell all of the titans to leave and patch up the hole on their way out.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

Or the other way around, Grisha went to get help to stop the attack, but the king said no for unknown reasons (maybe they didn't want to reveal the power, even at the cost of losing the outer wall?), fight ensued then.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Turin Turambar posted:

Or the other way around, Grisha went to get help to stop the attack, but the king said no for unknown reasons (maybe they didn't want to reveal the power, even at the cost of losing the outer wall?), fight ensued then.

I'd like to think a transcript of this is in the basement.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
If Eren has his father's memories, shouldn't he know what's in the basement now?

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

So, it's a pretty safe bet, based on everything in the last few chapters and her father's tearful goodbye that Annie ate her Dad, right?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Everyone has eaten their father in this manga.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I'm going to laugh if Historia ends up eating her father instead of Eren.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Beef Waifu posted:

Everyone has eaten their father in this manga.
Man someone really likes that Goya painting/Greek Myth

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Catalina posted:

Like 75% chance of that happening.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
If Historia transforms, how will she be transformed back? A shifter would have to sacrifice themselves to restore her back to normal.

But now that I mention it, what's crueler: Annie or Ymir? Annie's on hand as a sacrifice (though I'm not sure she can be consumed in her crystal), and giving Historia the ability to get hard and plug the walls will complete her association with the Wall Titans. Conversely, Ymir somehow finding out and sacrificing herself so that Historia can return to normal is way more tragic.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Catalina posted:

Is her father a confirmed shifter? Mindless titans are shown to target shifters over regular humans.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

In It For The Tank posted:

If Historia transforms, how will she be transformed back? A shifter would have to sacrifice themselves to restore her back to normal.

But now that I mention it, what's crueler: Annie or Ymir? Annie's on hand as a sacrifice (though I'm not sure she can be consumed in her crystal), and giving Historia the ability to get hard and plug the walls will complete her association with the Wall Titans. Conversely, Ymir somehow finding out and sacrificing herself so that Historia can return to normal is way more tragic.

Her father could be a shifter.

Or, you know, she could eat Eren. That'd be loving hilarious, especially with the early-story fakeout.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Doesn't seem likely. If there were any other shifters in the family then we'd probably seen them in the flash back.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Mountaineer posted:

If Eren has his father's memories, shouldn't he know what's in the basement now?

The only memories he "unlocked" were the ones we saw of his last moments. For now he doesn't have control over them.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

threeagainstfour posted:

So, it's a pretty safe bet, based on everything in the last few chapters and her father's tearful goodbye that Annie ate her Dad, right?

Absolutely. "Your father will always be by your side."

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Absolutely. "Your father will always be by your side."

Man, that's always been one of my favorite scenes in the manga and anime, and now it's even better.

Just when I thought Hajime was starting to slip, he hits us with all this.

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012

Well after Historia transforms there's not a lot of plot left so something else needs to move the plot forward like RBY's group attacking again.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I think it would be great if Historia becomes the protagonist and eats Eren. Maybe she will be The Chosen One That Is Different and be able to communicate with Eren/Grisha/all other shifters in the chain, like how Hohenheim could talk with the souls transfixed inside of him in FMA

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

visceril posted:

I think it would be great if Historia becomes the protagonist and eats Eren. Maybe she will be The Chosen One That Is Different and be able to communicate with Eren/Grisha/all other shifters in the chain, like how Hohenheim could talk with the souls transfixed inside of him in FMA

You've literally just described the Kwisatz Hadreach. Is Isayama a Dune fan?

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Most likely what happens is the Scouting Legion show up just in time to prevent Eren being eaten, but Historia remains a mindless titan and is killed in the battle.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Is her father a confirmed shifter? Mindless titans are shown to target shifters over regular humans.

No, but Titans mindlessly eat humans. I think it'd be funny if she aimed for her father first.

Though I don't think that's something that's really going to happen. Something is extremely suspicious with Historia's father in that he just "happened to get away" after Grisha's attack.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Cute n Popular posted:

Well after Historia transforms there's not a lot of plot left so something else needs to move the plot forward like RBY's group attacking again.

What? Beast Titan is still out there, we have no idea what's in the basement or where the titans come from. We don't know why Frieda was talking to Eren before the plot kicked off, or anything about the Ackermans. The titan shifter home town and Ymir is a big question mark, and so are the wall titans. Then the biggest question of all is why the world, is the way it is. Was all of this planned out? Is there a hidden antagonist?

Originally the series was going to end by next year, but Isayama extended it out to 3 years because he wanted to give the story the time necessary to wrap things up in a meaningful fashion.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 11, 2014

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

threeagainstfour posted:

In the anime, Annie's dad had a line about it being too late to beg her forgiveness, and it was clearly set outside a destroyed house. I'm pretty confident Annie ate her mom instead.

My predictions for next chapter is that Eren will be saved, but Historia will be trapped as a mindless Titan. Eren will subdue her, and they will stake her to the ground like Bean, and it will be AWFUL.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Historia's sister who Grisha ate had a special ability. I'm guessing it was the titan voice control thing, which means Grisha would have it now?

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Say Nothing posted:

Historia's sister who Grisha ate had a special ability. I'm guessing it was the titan voice control thing, which means Grisha would have it now?

And Eren ate Grisha, which is why he has the ability, as well as the memories of Freida and Grisha.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

flowinprose posted:

And Eren ate Grisha, which is why he has the ability, as well as the memories of Freida and Grisha.

Too bad he doesn't know poo poo (yet).

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got up to episode 23 of the anime on Netflix, realized I was sick of the story, and looked at Wikipedia to find out what's in the loving basement. I'm not really surprised to find that's an unknown detail, but I am curious about other details and don't feel like either reading the manga or watching any more of the anime. Is there a single, comprehensive plot summary somewhere I can read and satisfy my curiosity about what happens to these morons?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

I got up to episode 23 of the anime on Netflix, realized I was sick of the story, and looked at Wikipedia to find out what's in the loving basement. I'm not really surprised to find that's an unknown detail, but I am curious about other details and don't feel like either reading the manga or watching any more of the anime. Is there a single, comprehensive plot summary somewhere I can read and satisfy my curiosity about what happens to these morons?

no.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Goku is in the basement. If you want answers, you'll have to read the manga to find out more about these useless morons. You can find it any Chapters or Indigo!

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

sector_corrector posted:

Monkey Trouble, Ackerman, scat fetish, herring can
Erwin's armless, Kenny Ripper, Armin shot that chick
Memory wipe, wall titan, coordinate, revolution
Wall Maria, Historia, Rod Reiss is a dick

Annie fell, Utgard, Eren still cannot get hard
King Fritz, Marlo and Hitch, no one knows what Hange is
Connie's village, Bertolt sweats, Reiner's hosed up in the head
Hannes had guts, Marco's alive, and nothing's in the basement.

We didn't stop the titans
They're still advancin'
Seid Ihr das Essen?
No, we didn't stop the titans
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Monkey Trouble, Ackerman, scat fetish, herring can
Erwin's armless, Kenny Ripper, Armin shot that chick
Memory wipe, wall titan, coordinate, revolution
Wall Maria, Historia, Rod Reiss is a dick

Annie fell, Utgard, Eren still cannot get hard
King Fritz, Marlo and Hitch, no one knows what Hange is
Connie's village, Bertolt sweats, Reiner's hosed up in the head
Hannes had guts, Marco's alive, and nothing's in the basement.

We didn't stop the titans
They're still advancin'
Seid Ihr das Essen?
No, we didn't stop the titans
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Beautiful. :allears:
Help for those who don't get it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Listen, just tell me what happens.

Caros
May 14, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

I think we would rather make fun of you for being a big baby.

The short version is that the series isn't over. A lot of stuff happened that mostly won't make sense to you out of context. Bad people die, good people die. There are some titans.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

sector_corrector posted:

Eren ate his dad who ate some other people, mikasa has magic heritage that gives her enhanced abilities but not because she's asian, also a giant talking monkey showed up and then was forgotten

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

sector_corrector posted:

Armin is the colossal titan (and a crossdresser)

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

I don't think anyone particularly wants to sit here and summarize 2 years worth of manga dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

We're never going to see the basement. I've gotten to the acceptance stage and everything is better now.