Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Magrov posted:

thats a declaration from a happy BFL costumer. just read the entire thing, it's on the docket.

http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.docket.html

http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.155.0.pdf

EDIT:

please, please, for the love of the almighty god, let the FTC answer this by submitting the buttcoin.org edited articles as evidence

:pray:

coincidently i just reposted the BFL buys Buttcoin article on Buttcoin itself and also added the fact that BFL bought WeUseCoins as well

http://www.buttcoinfoundation.org/t...rketing-machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Also Bitcoin is back over $400 so I guess it's time to close the thread this train is on an unstoppable trip to the moon.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FCKGW posted:

Also Bitcoin is back over $400 so I guess it's time to close the thread this train is on an unstoppable trip to the moon.

"Don't me turn this car back to Scottsdale. Alright now that you're behaving we can go back to the moon"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

fck or kh can you file a friend of the court brief or are the FTC tired of being pestered?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

fck or kh can you file a friend of the court brief or are the FTC tired of being pestered?

i emailed stuff over to the lady handling the case but i haven't done anything official

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Magrov posted:

thats a declaration from a happy BFL costumer. just read the entire thing, it's on the docket.

http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.docket.html

http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.155.0.pdf

EDIT:

please, please, for the love of the almighty god, let the FTC answer this by submitting the buttcoin.org edited articles as evidence

These document are great, I never went through the exhbits yet.

"1. At the end of February 2014, Ms. Drake came into the customer service room and
announced that every Butterfly Labs customer service representative could take up to five of the
12 GH/s machines, to keep on their desk and mine bitcoins with. Ms. Drake stated that since
customers were already accusing Butterfly Labs of keeping and operating the bitcoin mining
machines, we might as well do it. Every employee then had bitcoin mining machines operating
on their desks, and we each set up personal bitcoin wallets through the Eclipse Mining
Consortium, where we each joined a mining pool of our choice. A few months later, in May
2014, Ms. Drake had removed our machines and told us that because a magazine writer was
coming to the office to interview and take photos, we could no longer have the machines. We
stopped mining with the machines, but a magazine writer did not come to the office.
"

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

FCKGW posted:

These document are great, I never went through the exhbits yet.

"1. At the end of February 2014, Ms. Drake came into the customer service room and
announced that every Butterfly Labs customer service representative could take up to five of the
12 GH/s machines, to keep on their desk and mine bitcoins with. Ms. Drake stated that since
customers were already accusing Butterfly Labs of keeping and operating the bitcoin mining
machines, we might as well do it. Every employee then had bitcoin mining machines operating
on their desks, and we each set up personal bitcoin wallets through the Eclipse Mining
Consortium, where we each joined a mining pool of our choice. A few months later, in May
2014, Ms. Drake had removed our machines and told us that because a magazine writer was
coming to the office to interview and take photos, we could no longer have the machines. We
stopped mining with the machines, but a magazine writer did not come to the office.
"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Kinda like that time I bought a car from a dealership with 100k miles on it because I was an rear end in a top hat for asking if it was actually new

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Magrov posted:

just finished reading the latest FTC vs BFL documents, and i have a question: what exactly is the penalty for perjury in the US?

if you're the president of the united states, 30+ years of dick jokes

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingorc posted:

That's an orphaned block, those guys don't understand bitcoin

how do you check that ? i clicked the things on blockchain.info and farted a little and still don't see it

it's not in the orphan list either

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 12, 2014

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

goddamnedtwisto posted:

i'm no pro but i think he's playing poker wrong in that picture

You don't play Douches Wild where you live?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

unpacked robinhood posted:

how do you check that ? i clicked the things on blockchain.info and farted a little and still don't see it

it's not in the orphan list either

Oh, that just sounds like what they were describing

There's no way to do what they described

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
please

...! posted:

quote:

Further, the price of one bitcoin on January 1, 2013 was $13.51. On November 29, 2013, the price of one bitcoin was as high as $1242. Were the price of bitcoin to go up another 9000%, the absurdity of the FTC’s “obsolescence” claim would be even more obvious. See Chart relating to the price of Bitcoin, attached as Exhibit H.

mods

please

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
:eyepop: we've moved on from "'up up up' as a business model" to "'up up up' as a legal defense" :eyepop:

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

ruby idiot railed posted:

:eyepop: we've moved on from "'up up up' as a business model" to "'up up up' as a legal defense" :eyepop:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

mods

please
[/quote]

This is the graph they submitted as evidence

Created a chart for the run-up to the peak and nothing after. GG guys.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

isn't it canon among bitcoiners that the last bubble was created by trading bots with bottomless wallets of fake fiat on gox's servers? the way they try to project new bubbles around that data while also saying it's the result of a huge distortion is either ignorant, obvious pumping, or almost certainly both.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

FCKGW posted:

mods

please

This is the graph they submitted as evidence

Created a chart for the run-up to the peak and nothing after. GG guys.

You see Your Honor this log graph represents my ownership of you over time

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

TVarmy posted:

isn't it canon among bitcoiners that the last bubble was created by trading bots with bottomless wallets of fake fiat on gox's servers? the way they try to project new bubbles around that data while also saying it's the result of a huge distortion is either ignorant, obvious pumping, or almost certainly both.

poo poo, they want there to be new bots with bottomless wallets of fake fiat to do that again with

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Buttheads have also said "we should all agree bitcoins are worth a higher value and it will be so"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Buttheads have also said "we should all agree bitcoins are worth a higher value and it will be so"

seems to be working lately

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

is this all a rally based around the 1-year-loss day? or are there other happenings happening?

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal
every time gross Bitcoin/futurist nerds bring talk about transhumanism it reminds me of that episode of are you afraid of the dark with the greasy leprechaun demon thing with a parallel port for a hand

the mustache nerds even have the look down

Notorious QIG posted:

i was not joking. shes Nerd Culture as gently caress, just happens to be the center of and on the right side of gamerghazi

she commented 'I will endure the game jabbar' at some point on Twitter so she gets a pass from me

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

bucketmouse posted:

she commented 'I will endure the game jabbar' at some point on Twitter so she gets a pass from me

lol that owns

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

bucketmouse posted:

every time gross Bitcoin/futurist nerds bring talk about transhumanism it reminds me of that episode of are you afraid of the dark with the greasy leprechaun demon thing with a parallel port for a hand

the mustache nerds even have the look down

wait i looked this up because i haven't read dune in forever and you endure the pain to avoid the gom jabbar, im afraid this metaphor is very poorly constructed

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

theflyingorc posted:

wait i looked this up because i haven't read dune in forever and you endure the pain to avoid the gom jabbar, im afraid this metaphor is very poorly constructed

the gom jabbar also refers to the test itself

though i can't remember if that only became a thing after nerds misappropriated it

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

weirdly :nsfw: bearwhale wankery http://i.imgur.com/RwpQYsQ.jpg

e: someone like's dude butt

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Magrov posted:

EDIT:

omg there's declarations from jeff ownby AND josh zerlan. why can't i see them. where the hell are they

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

GIVE THEM TO MEEEEE

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh yeah in case anybody was wondering, nobody has donated to the bitcoin address on blake's twitter. either nobody cares about him or nobody fell for the hack https://blockchain.info/address/1Djziovi8gCjbtfh6WaBEjzt6p5YmFSbZ1

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Werthog 95 posted:

oh yeah in case anybody was wondering, nobody has donated to the bitcoin address on blake's twitter. either nobody cares about him or nobody fell for the hack https://blockchain.info/address/1Djziovi8gCjbtfh6WaBEjzt6p5YmFSbZ1

should've tried to commit a few murders to prove his resolve

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Same Great Paste posted:

is this all a rally based around the 1-year-loss day? or are there other happenings happening?

yes

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

alright guys we've found the true bottom -- now back to da moon!

e: :350:

Same Great Paste fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 12, 2014

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ruby idiot railed posted:

though i can't remember if that only became a thing after nerds misappropriated it

nah they refer to it in book as 'tested by the gom jabbar'
:goonsay:

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

theflyingorc posted:

Oh, that just sounds like what they were describing

There's no way to do what they described

actually there is and that is if they themselves moved the block reward to another adress that was compromised

which is certainly what this looks like

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Same Great Paste posted:

my guess is that silk road 2 wallets were probably seized. with the people actually buying and selling and keeping their bitcoins liquid losing their bitcoins, there are fewer non-hodling bitcoins but no diminishing demand to use them for buying and selling drugs on the non-seized websites. with the fbi holding a large chunk of the liquid bitcoins, the price has to go up to maintain the useable liquidity.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

fermun posted:

my guess is that silk road 2 wallets were probably seized. with the people actually buying and selling and keeping their bitcoins liquid losing their bitcoins, there are fewer non-hodling bitcoins but no diminishing demand to use them for buying and selling drugs on the non-seized websites. with the fbi holding a large chunk of the liquid bitcoins, the price has to go up to maintain the useable liquidity.

this assumes that the price of bitcoins is based on real market dynamics instead of hype, scams, and idiots.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

The hacker stole my bitcoin
November 11, 2014, 03:36:49 PM
Reply with quote #1

The hacker stole my bitcoin two day ago,a small amount , less than 0.2BTC, I want to know how can I protect my coins,if a large number of bitcoins I know I use offline wallet, but a small amount of Bitcoins,I only set the password, but it seems not enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

• Locked thread