Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The walls are made up of a relatively thin layer of bricks; most of what's inside is actually Titans, standing shoulder to shoulder for miles. Turns out the Church dudes know something about this, but while the Survey Corps are trying to get information out of them, disaster strikes: Titans have been spotted to the south, inside the walls, meaning the Titans have once again breached the walls and are currently invading. All of Eren's friends except Mikasa and Armin were placed near the south due to the possibility of there being more shifters there. But since the wall was breached with all of them there, their suspicions are cleared and they're called in, without gear, to scout ahead and see what's up. Sasha and Connie are both from the area and are very invested in what the heck's going on.

Nearby, one of the Survey dudes, the one with the good nose, is fighting of some Titans in a town, when he spots a completely new Titan, unlike any ever seen before, and looks like a huge monkey-titan, with fur and all. This Beast Titan can talk, has no idea what 3D gear is, and can apparently control the other Titans. The Survey dude is eaten, RIP.

Back with Eren and friends, the church reveals they themselves simply cannot talk about the secrets they know, but they do know someone who can: a member of the true royal family; the monarch on the throne is actually just a fake, and the real royal family knows pretty much everything that's going on. Other than this true king, Rod Reiss, however, all the other royal members are dead. Except one, who was born to a mistress and then given a new name: Christa, the girl who saved Reiner, Jean and Armin after they lost their horses when the Female Titan attacked. She scored 10th in the top 10. At the moment, she's with the group to the south, scouting, and so the crew heads south.

Sasha has split from the group and TOTALLY loving DOMINATES A TITAN WITHOUT ANY GEAR, JESUS GIRL YOU ROCK. She was originally supposed to die, but she made it. She meets up with her dad and is safe.

Connie and the rest of the scouting group make it to his village, where all the houses have been destroyed, but without any corpses nearby. There's a Titan, lying on his house unable to move, and after moving on, Connie remarks that it looked a lot like his mom, but is told they don't really have the time to focus on that right now.

The scouting team makes it to the southern wall and tries to find the breach, until they run into another scouting team, and they haven't found any breach either. The two groups rest up in a nearby castle, since it's nighttime and the Titans aren't active... until the Titans turn out to BE active and attack them! The Beast Titan is also nearby and starts throwing rocks at them and seems to be the cause of the aggressive titans. To save Christa, Ymir, the girl who told Christa she would marry her early in the series, jumps out of the castle... and turns out to be a shifter, and attacks the Titans! Reiner and Bertolt freak the gently caress out, and the whole castle's falling and things are bleak, but suddenly, Eren and crew arrive in time! (Eren gets his first legit Titan kill here and he's really happy about it).

Everyone moves up to the walls, and they notice there was never any breach in the first place. All the Titans were already there. While talking about this, Reiner and Bertolt talk to Eren... and Reiner tells Eren, "Yo, we're the Armored and Colossal Titan, we need you to come with us." A fight breaks out, and Reiner and Bertolt manage to kidnap Eren and Ymir and runs off with them to the forest.

There they talk, and Reiner and Bertolt reveal that Ymir actually killed their childhood friend while they were on the way to assault the walls the first time. They want to bring Eren and Ymir to their village outside the walls for some reason. Ymir agrees to help them escape with Eren, so long as she can take Christa with them. The shifters notice the group about to find them, so Ymir heads off and kidnaps Christa, before returning to Reiner and crew, and they run off. After talking it over with Ymir, Christa agrees to go with Ymir (they're actually a legit couple).

The humans catch up with the shifters and begin to fight, and soon reinforcements lead by Erwin, the leader of the Survey Corps, arrive. More normal titans arrive too, however, and start attacking both humans and shifters, and all kinds of poo poo go down. Mikasa manages to grab Eren, but soon enough everything breaks down into chaos, tons of humans die, Erwin loses an arm, and to top it all off, Chuckles, the titan who ate Eren's mom, shows up, and neither Eren nor Mikasa are in good enough shape to fight it. HANNES TO THE RESCUE, FOR REAL THIS TIME.

Hannes is eaten. Eren freaks the gently caress out and Mikasa basically gives up and thanks Eren for everything he's done, basically confessing her love, but Eren ain't having any more of this poo poo and just runs at Chuckles and punches him with his normal human fist... and behind him, a titan suddenly jumps at Chuckles and starts attacking it. And it's not the only one, suddenly all the titans except the shifters are attacking and eating Chuckles, and Reiner freaks the gently caress out and tries to run away, but Eren screams at him and now suddenly all the titans are chasing Reiner and Bertolt. Taking advantage of the confusion, the humans retreat, but Ymir leaves Christa with the humans and goes with Reiner and Bertolt.

And that was basically the first act of the next season. I ain't got time to do the next one now, maybe later.

Saagonsa posted:

I don't think anyone particularly wants to sit here and summarize 2 years worth of manga dude
Eh, I felt like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Sorry, all these folks are just bitter because of how things worked out.

The manga author, Isayama Hajime had a mental breakdown under the stress of deadlines, and the comic has been on indefinite hiatus for almost a year. Nowadays he just does cute little parodies of his own work, called Spoof of Titan, while he finishes therapy. This month's issue features a cute cat!

Squidster fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 12, 2014

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

In It For The Tank posted:

Monkey Trouble, Ackerman, scat fetish, herring can
Erwin's armless, Kenny Ripper, Armin shot that chick
Memory wipe, wall titan, coordinate, revolution
Wall Maria, Historia, Rod Reiss is a dick

Annie fell, Utgard, Eren still cannot get hard
King Fritz, Marlo and Hitch, no one knows what Hange is
Connie's village, Bertolt sweats, Reiner's hosed up in the head
Hannes had guts, Marco's alive, and nothing's in the basement.

We didn't stop the titans
They're still advancin'
Seid Ihr das Essen?
No, we didn't stop the titans
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Fantastic.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Terper posted:

Eh, I felt like it.

You monster

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Squidster posted:

Sorry, all these folks are just bitter because of how things worked out.

The manga author, Isayama Hajime had a mental breakdown under the stress of deadlines, and the comic has been on indefinite hiatus for almost a year. Nowadays he just does cute little parodies of his own work, called Spoof of Titan, while he finishes therapy. This month's issue features a cute cat!

Maybe I have bad taste, but spoof on titan is pretty lame.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Broseph Brostar posted:

Maybe I have bad taste, but spoof on titan is pretty lame.

Right there with you buddy.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Terper posted:

The walls are made up of a relatively thin layer of bricks;

Much appreciated. I can now rest easy.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

Listen, just tell me what happens.

Armin turned a dude gay and then someone made another dude eat his own poo poo.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize there was another page.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

Eren ate his dad who ate some other people, mikasa has magic heritage that gives her enhanced abilities but not because she's asian, also a giant talking monkey showed up and then was forgotten

You know, I wonder if this is Isayama taking the piss on the trope of typical manga/anime character being super strong thanks to their pure will, something very Japanese. I mean, it has assigned that attribute of "magical bloodline with super-strength" to the only few guys we know they have some Japanese blood in then in a pretty big cast.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

You know, I wonder if this is Isayama taking the piss on the trope of typical manga/anime character being super strong thanks to their pure will, something very Japanese. I mean, it has assigned that attribute of "magical bloodline with super-strength" to the only few guys we know they have some Japanese blood in then in a pretty big cast.

No only Mikasa's mom was Asian and her dad was an Ackerman. I do think her Japanese heritage was him trolling readers into think she's hyper-competent because she's Japanese.

Is Levi actually blood related to Kenny? I thought he was adopted or whatever you call taking a kid under your wing ans teaching them how to murder.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
We don't even know if Levi is Japanese or how far in his and Kenny's relationship with the Ackermans are beyond having the same last name.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Broseph Brostar posted:

No only Mikasa's mom was Asian and her dad was an Ackerman. I do think her Japanese heritage was him trolling readers into think she's hyper-competent because she's Japanese.

Is Levi actually blood related to Kenny? I thought he was adopted or whatever you call taking a kid under your wing ans teaching them how to murder.

Oh, I thought the Ackermans were the Asian people. Of cours Ackerman isn't even a Japanese or Chinese name but.. mmm. Yeah, brainfart.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

Listen, just tell me what happens.

a guy gets revealed as gay but not so much as you

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

They're still advancin'
Seid Ihr das Essen?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-
Goldmine this post

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

They're still advancin'
Seid Ihr das Essen?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

:drat:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

They're still advancin'
Seid Ihr das Essen?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-
No words, should have sent a poet.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

We're never going to see the basement. I've gotten to the acceptance stage and everything is better now.

The basement is in all of us.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

"The basement was inside you all along, Eren."

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It's funny because Eren probably knows exactly what's in the basement now, but we still won't find out for several months.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Butt Ghost posted:

"The basement was inside you all along, Eren."
It actually is, though.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

ADTRW > Attack on Titan! Manga: Armin turned a dude gay and then someone made another dude eat his own poo poo

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Bilirubin posted:

We're never going to see the basement. I've gotten to the acceptance stage and everything is better now.

Post chapter 65 rumors: Isayama's editor was apparently on twitter saying the journey to the basement begins on chapter 66. Which lines up to where they want to end the anime of season 2. No I cannot source it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm sure otaku can relate with this journey.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Beef Waifu posted:

:drat:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Beef Waifu posted:

Over my head dog. :psyduck:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
In case the Marvel beatdown wasn't one-sided enough, now the Guardians of the Galaxy have got involved.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Squidster posted:

In case the Marvel beatdown wasn't one-sided enough, now the Guardians of the Galaxy have got involved.

I cannot wait for the Titan that gets the Groot beatdown. :allears:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

What the gently caress is captain america wearing on his head?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

What the gently caress is captain america wearing on his head?
They seem to be recreating the MCU outfits/designs (hence why Black Widow and Hawkeye are there) for this special. I believe that is (a wonky perspective of) Cap's outfit from Winter Soldier.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Well, the colossal titan has now grown more than four times his original size so at least there's an attempt to balance things out. An attempt.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 254 days!
So what we know about the super-strong race is:

1. They are white skinned.
2. They are oppressed as a minority.
3. They have predominately dark hair.
4. They have German family names.
5. They are resented for their unique abilities.

They're Jewish.

(So is Superman so the superpowers actually fit).

Also, I think I figured out why Bert and Reiner were so happy to see Monkey Trouble: he was being kept contained by the Reiss family using the Command ability. The Reiss family was probably gathered to perform a ceremony to do so. Bert, Annie, and Reiner's mission was to free Monkey Trouble, kill the Reiss', and get the Command power.

That would explain why Magilla Gorilla spoke the same language as the people in the walls, but had never seen 3D gear. He also must have been physically located near Utgard Castle, which would make sense of the region being named after the home of the Norse giants.

I'm guessing that the original titans were revered as deities, but humanity tried to steal their power. That would fit the Goya theme, with titans being overthrown by men seeking to be gods.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Guys, guys, I just realized that the characters are sitting on a perfect plan to eliminate all the Titans! If feeding a shifter to a titan turns them back into a human and into a shifter, all they have to do is round up all the shifters they can, force feed a shifter to a Titan, then force feed the newly made shifter to the next Titan, on and on until all the Titans are defeated! :v:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Never realized this solution. A real plot-hole imo

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

Catalina posted:

Guys, guys, I just realized that the characters are sitting on a perfect plan to eliminate all the Titans! If feeding a shifter to a titan turns them back into a human and into a shifter, all they have to do is round up all the shifters they can, force feed a shifter to a Titan, then force feed the newly made shifter to the next Titan, on and on until all the Titans are defeated! :v:

I think one of two very bad things would happen if you did this.

1) You create The One Titan who has every power ever and they destroy everything/enslave everyone/bad stuff happens
2) At some point in the process the accumulated powers become sufficiently strong that no amount of normal Titans can overcome them, which is like the first one except there are also a bunch of Titans that they can control left to expedite destruction/enslavement/happenings

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Also that doesn't solve the problem of the other existing shifters and the fact that the ape dude can turn people into titans

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The biggest problem is you'd be saving the human race by wiping out the human race.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RatHat posted:

The biggest problem is you'd be saving the human race by wiping out the human race.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Edit: Kinda beaten, but I made it a loop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
First look at the live action SNK movie featuring character posters.

it's... something